Can't Fight Time Ch. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
sensanin
sensanin
535 Followers

People who had a life. Why bother with it all? Why bother with anything that wasn't Grim?

Shaking her head, Nina returned her gaze to the softly glowing city. "I don't understand what you mean."

Tuoni's voice seemed far away, once again in another time and place. "We are dying because we have nothing to bind us. Our humanity was stolen through time, because we stole humanity's time. Circles." The king's voice became almost lyrical, his eyes glazed over; "We crave nothing, but there can never be nothing. The void is filled with power, absolute and corrupting, destroying everything like it used to. We slip back into the past and we die."

Nina felt a shiver of apprehension slide up through her spine. Again, she couldn't determine if he was crazy or MENSA smart. For some reason his lunacy reminded her of Uri. The way he spoke reminded her of the way Uri sometimes spoke one word but it sounded like he was talking about something completely different. It was funny how much Uri and Grim were like their father.

"You're laughing." The king ran a hand through his thick black hair and smiled wide.

Nina shook her head, crossed her arms on the railing, and sat her chin on top of her them. "You remind me of your sons."

"Ah," he said, like he knew exactly what she was talking about.

For a few minutes they leaned against the railing, a companionable silence stealing over both of them. Nina was still trying to decipher what the king had said, not because she thought it meant anything, but because she liked a good puzzle and perhaps he wasn't crazy but, as he'd said: lost in time.

Time. Nina knew the word well, had been playing it over again in her head until it became the background of her thoughts. A self-deprecating laugh escaped her as she stared at the crazy king and saw herself reflected in his eyes. They were both out of time.

*For more information about the characters, check out my blog and Lit profile page. Also, if you haven't already, check out So I'm Not a Vampire?It's completely different from Grim, but super funny!*

sensanin
sensanin
535 Followers
12