Case of the Executed Evangelist Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Hewitt!" the chief called out. "You're the weapons expert around here. Do you concur with Supervisor Perlman's analysis?"

"Yes sir, I do." said Hugh Hewitt.

"And the other shots? That killed Oldeeds?" the Chief asked. He liked to do this rapid-fire questioning in front of others, putting an officer under pressure to respond. It was based upon a method of getting results espoused by Microsoft founder Bill Gates, and it got good results. I was learning a lot today, I realized.

"No idea, sir." Hugh replied. "Either another rifle in the same RV, or another rifle in another vehicle that got around us. Maybe from much further back."

-------

"I am not the best shooter in the world..." Tanya had said, I remembered as I drifted off to sleep, Laura nestled by my side.

The best shooter in the world...

I lay there, hearing the silence, turning it over in my head. How, how did they get the rifle out of there?

I must have dozed off because the clock had changed to 3:10am when I looked at it.

And then I saw.

"Oh my God." I gasped, sitting straight up in the bed.

"Wha... what, what is it?" Laura said groggily?

"I know... I know what the answer is. I know how the gun was smuggled out of the Fairgrounds!" I said. I leaped out of bed and rushed into the walk-in closet and began getting dressed. Time was now of the essence I realized as I quickly kissed a stunned, confused Laura and rushed out of the house to my car...

To be continued...

Dear readers, have you determined from the clues just how the rifle was spirited out of the Fairgrounds?