Charlie's Pain And Healing Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

When they got to the swimming hole they saw Jeff and Abby standing neck deep in the water. They were locked in a deep embrace, kissing madly. Amanda blushed when she realized they were nude. Charlie saw their clothes piled on a chair. He smiled then sat in the chair on top of the clothing. He reached for Amanda and pulled her onto his lap. He held her and began kissing her while they watched Jeff and Abby.

They hadn't been there long when Jeff saw them sitting watching. He stopped kissing Abby and stared at Charlie and Amanda. Of course when she realized she no longer had Jeff's attention Abby turned her head to see what he was staring at. She gave a squeak and jumped behind him. They both stood and stared at Charlie and Amanda. Charlie had his hand under the bottom of the man's shirt Amanda was wearing and his arm was moving rthymically as they kissed each other deeply. Finally Amanda moaned and her legs slapped tightly together then splayed widely as her hips began a sharp thrusting motion.

Jeff smiled and when they had finished their little show he said, "Hey Bro. We're even now. Do you think you could just toss us our clothes and maybe turn ya'alls back so we can get decent?"

Charlie sat and watched for a moment then asked, "Well honey, what do you think? I mean they come walking into our back yard and disturb our morning coffee and now they want us to stop what we're doing to help them get dressed?"

Amanda giggled and said, "Oh, I suppose we can help them out a little. I guess we're even now. What do you think?"

Charlie helped Amanda off his lap, stood then bent and picked up the garments he had been sitting on. He turned and threw them toward the swimming hole. He and Amanda stood watching for a moment. Jeff and Abby stood looking at the couple. Finally Jeff started to walk out of the stream toward the clothes. Abby followed him trying to stay behind where she could not be seen. Finally Charlie laughed, wrapped his arm around Amanda and turned her toward the path back to the cabins. They left the clearing near the stream hand in hand as he continued the little tour. They stopped back at their cabin to change into clothes more appropriate for dining with the family. They left hand in hand once again and headed toward the main lodge. When they passed the cabin next to theirs they saw Jeffery and Abby sitting on the deck drinking their morning coffee.

As they came into view Jeff and Abby stood and walked to the trail to meet Charlie and Amanda. The two couples smiled at each other and turned toward the main lodge. Charlie said, "Sorry guys. I had forgotten you were living here. When Grandpa Jim said there were no guests this week I just assumed we would have the grounds around the cabin and swimming hole to ourselves."

Abby looked up at Charlie and said, "That's no problem. We usually sit outside that way too when we're the only ones here. We just love being nude and do it a lot. I guess we'll have to stop now if you're going to be here. Sometimes I'm afraid we'll forget and do it when we have guests anyway."

Charlie looked over at her and said, "Oh, hell, don't stop on our account. We like to do the same thing and I intend to keep on doing it. I think we'll build a house farther up the stream and put in a privacy fence though so we don't have to worry about getting caught when we do it. I have to admit I enjoyed watching ya all swim!"

Amanda punched him on the arm and Abby blushed while Jeff laughed. They all walked into the lodge to see the rest of the family and have their brunch. Later that afternoon Charlie took Abby on a drive around town showing her what little there was to see. They stopped at the Farm Supply store and he showed her where her office would be and checked on the progress of the new Veterinarian Clinic they were building for him.

Things started out slowly for Charlie. He made it known he was open for business the week after he and Amanda returned. He took out advertisements in the local paper and on the radio. He began to get a few calls and even some referrals from other Vets in the area. Sometimes an emergency would come up and they would tell the customer that called to contact Charlie if they couldn't see their sick animal.

Amanda began working as manager of the Farm Store the same week. Of course she doubled as the manager of the Vet Clinic and kept the computer records for a while. As time progressed Charlie became busy enough he and Amanda hired a Veterinarian's Assistant. They started paying part of the salary of the women who kept books and answered the phone for the Farm Store so they could also do that work for the clinic.

A couple of weeks after Jeff and Abby caught Charlie and Amanda on the patio they arranged for a BBQ with the couple. It was a Wednesday and there were no guests at the lodge so they decided to do the BBQ at the swimming hole. Much to the ladies surprise the brothers decided to go swimming and instead of putting on suits they just dropped their drawers and waded into the hole naked. After they swam a moment they began calling for the women to join them. The ladies refused so Jeff turned to Charlie and said, "I guess we have to do this the hard way Bro."

Charlie said, "Yeah, I suppose so." The two brothers began walking out of the stream. The women stood and watched them, blushing a little as they looked at the other's husband. They started to scream and back up, trying to fend their husband off when it became apparent they were going to help them get naked and into the river. Neither woman succeeded in evading capture so within moments they were laughing and struggling with their husband trying to keep their clothes on. If truth were to be told they didn't fight too hard and very soon they were naked and being carried into the water by their spouse.

After being immersed the ladies stood in front of their own husband and received a deep kiss. They frolicked for several minutes then the two couples walked from the river hand in hand. They dried off and dressed before they continued their BBQ. This set the pattern for the rest of the summer.

One day Charlie got a call from a farmer on the other side of Prineville. He needed some of his animals emasculated and vaccinated. Charlie had never worked for him so he was happy to gain a new client. When he got to the farm he was not impressed. The buildings and machinery were in poor repair and Darrell, the owner, was arrogant and lazy. He just stood around while Charlie worked instead of helping, as did most of the farmers he visited.

On the way back to his office Charlie decided to stop in Prineville for lunch since he had another call near Prineville before he returned to Steelville. He was in the local café when he heard a voice from the past come in. "Charlie Fielding ya old Bastard. I heard you were back home. How the hell are ya?"

Charlie looked up and saw Jerry Jones walking toward his table. Jerry didn't ask if he could join Charlie. In this part of the country if you knew someone and they were alone or with a bunch of other guys you just sat at the table and began visiting. Jerry did that. They both ordered a meal and visited, catching up as they ate. Finally Jerry asked, "So what you doin' over here in Prineville? Hell, what ya doin' back here in Missouri at all? I thought ya were in the Army out in Washington?"

Charlie sat back and looked at Jerry. He heaved a sigh and began his story. He spent the next few minutes filling Jerry in on Charlene's death, his sale of his business and marriage to Amanda. Then he continued, "So now I have a Clinic attached to the Feed store in Steelville. Amanda is the manager for the Store and is my office Manager also. I was just over here this morning working Darrell's animals."

Charlie sat back in shock when he saw the look on Jerry's face when he heard Darrell's name. His eyes got flinty and his face sat in a grimace. Charlie said, "What's the matter Jerry? Did I say something?"

Jerry shook his head and said, "No, not your fault. You know what an asshole Darrell was in school? Well, he hasn't changed any. He and I and my wife had some problems back a while. That's one man I...No, I won't go there. Just be careful around him. He runs with a bad crowd, worse than he used to run with if you know what I mean."

"Well, not really but I can't say I really liked the way his animals looked and he is the only customer I have had so far that won't even help work his own animals when I come out. All he did was stand and watch and drink beer while I castrated and vaccinated for him. From the way his animals looked I can't believe he would be willing to spend the money on the work."

Jerry looked around then lowered his voice. He said, "I hear he's got a lot of debts he hasn't paid and he's had a lot of trouble with folks around. I know the stores here in town...No, I heard the stores here in town don't give him credit any longer. Word to the wise my friend."

They sat and visited a few more minutes then Jerry and Charlie stood to leave. They paid and walked out of the building together. Before they got into their trucks Jerry turned to Charlie and said, "Hey ole man. Why don't you and Amanda come over Friday evening for supper? I'd like ya to meet Sarah. I think you'd like her."

"I'll have to check with Amanda but I think we can do that. Why don't ya plan on it unless you hear differently? I'm not on call this weekend so we should be able to go unless she has something planned."

Charlie returned to the office late in the day and decided to tell Amanda about his conversation with Jerry before he forgot it. He also wanted to warn her Darrell might be trouble. When he walked into the office he found her and Abby visiting over a cup of coffee. He decided to get some paperwork done and not interrupt their conversation. He would tell Amanda about Darrell after Abby left. He went into his office next to Amanda's and began working. He left the door open and was able to overhear the conversation. As he listened he found it almost impossible to keep working.

Abby was saying, "Honest Amanda I just couldn't take it any longer. I only went to tell her how much she was hurting Jeff and to ask her to please leave him alone but she got nasty."

"Well, anyway, I went to where Homer said Amy worked and waited for her at the exit when her shift ended. I introduced myself to her and told her what I wanted. She began cursing me and called me a whore. She accused me of stealing her husband. She came toward me and said she ought to beat my ass then she pushed me. I don't know why but I snapped. I said I would beat her ass if she didn't leave us alone. She pushed me again and I lost it. I began hitting her and she hit me a time or two. A couple of men pulled us apart and the security guard came over. He threatened to call the police if I didn't leave right then. I let the men holding me guide me away from the bitch. I finally pulled away from them and went back to my car. When I was cleaning up a little I saw in the mirror I had a bruise already coming up on my face. I was a mess. My dress was torn and I had some smudges on me but let me tell you that bitch learned not to mess with Jeffery any more. We've not heard from her since. It was worth the damn bruise."

"So, after I picked Jeff up I was going to lie to him and tell him I got the bruise fixing a flat tire but I had promised I would never lie to him and treat him like she did so...well, I told him the truth and he got a little upset then he laughed. He said he couldn't believe he had women fighting over him now. We went to supper at his favorite restaurant and he noticed I didn't order my drink like I usually do. He asked me about that and I had to tell him I was pregnant too. I was afraid he would be angry but he was so happy. He got so drunk I had to drive us home that night."

Charlie didn't get much work done that afternoon. He spent most of his time listening to Amanda and Abby talking. He would have never believed his brother would marry such a spitfire. He was so happy that she felt as strongly as she did about Jeffery too. He had never cared much for Amy. He had mistrusted her from the beginning and that mistrust had grown when she refused to live here in Steelville. She had always seemed too excited by men who had position, power and or a lot of money. Charlie had always thought she would dump Jeff in a moment if she thought she could better herself financially or socially.

After Abby left Charlie walked into Amanda's office and up to her. She smiled when she saw him and was reaching for him as he leaned down and gave her a quick, gentle kiss. Before Amanda could say anything Charlie said, "Honey I saw an old friend at the café in Prineville today. He lives on the river over there and invited us to supper Friday evening. He was one of my better friends in high school and I'd like you to meet him. Do you want to go?"

"Sure honey," Amanda said. "We don't have anything planned that I know of and this is your weekend off. It might be fun."

Amanda and Charlie drove over to Jerry's farm that Friday evening. He took the road that went along the river and crossed it a couple of times. Amanda had not been on that road and constantly commented on how beautiful the drive was. When they got to Jerry's farmhouse he met them at the door. There was a very beautiful woman just behind him in the doorway. After the introductions Jerry said, "We're having BBQ and I've already got the charcoal started. Come on back to the patio and we'll visit while we wait for things to finish up. Sarah's got everything ready in the kitchen. All we have to do is get the meat cooked and we can eat."

As the night went along Jerry and Charlie renewed their friendship and the women forged a new one. Charlie and Amanda were shocked and horrified when they found out how Jerry and Sarah met and how badly Darrell had treated her. Finally the evening wound down and Charlie and Amanda returned to their home.

One day about two weeks later Charlie came back into his office from a call. There was a beat up old white F250 parked in front of the building. When he opened the door he could hear yelling coming from the common office area. He looked into Amanda's office and saw a fat greasy looking man standing in front of her desk yelling at her. He almost immediately recognized him as Darrell. Darrell's face was red and he was shaking a fistful of papers in Amanda's face. He had nothing on but overalls and boots as far as Charlie could see.

Charlie heard Darrell say, "Listen ya dumb cunt. I told ya before on tha phone and I'm a tellin' ya now. I aint agonna pay this for what that damn Vet did. Hell, he wasn't there but a little over two hours and ya wanta charge me this? Shit, I coulda done it myself for less than a hunnert dollar. Aint no way I'm payin' no $400 for this shit. Here's a hundred and ya better be glad I'm givin' ya that much."

Charlie started to walk toward the office. Before he got there Darrell threw the papers in Amanda's face and stormed out the door toward the feed store. Amanda was sitting pushed back from the desk crying, papers laying all over the floor. There was a hundred dollar bill lying on the floor beside her.

When she saw Charlie she gave him a weak smile and tried to stand. She was almost 8 months pregnant and she levered herself up with effort. Charlie saw the clerks from the feed store looking in the window as he walked up and wrapped his arms around Amanda. He gently stroked her hair and down her back as she calmed down. Finally she pushed away from Charlie and wiped her tears from her face with her hands.

Amanda gave a tenuous smile and said, "You're always there when I need you the most aren't you Charlie? I just can't believe that man. I mean you and Jerry warned me about him but...I mean I just couldn't believe he could be as bad as you all said. Everyone else around here is so nice..."

Charlie held Amanda close once more and said, "Honey make a note and pass it around to all the girls. I don't want to do anything else for Darrell. If he calls tell him I can't work him into the schedule. If he gives you any more trouble call the sheriff and let me know too."

The next billing cycle another bill for past due amounts went out to Darrell. It showed the $100 paid on account. Once again he came screaming into the office. He stormed past the clerks and slammed open Amanda's door. He was yelling as he opened her door. "I told you last month ya dumb cunt that I would only pay a hunnert dollar for what that asshole done on my place. I gave ya the damn money. What's the idea sending this bill to me?"

Amanda felt her face blanch with fear and her stomach lurched. She had not been feeling well all day and Darrell coming into her office scared her badly. She hadn't known he was in the building until her door slammed open. She lurched upward and felt her stomach contract. There was a sharp pain in her abdomen and she felt her panties and slacks get wet as her water broke. She tried to stand and Darrell pushed her back into her chair. Ya aint goin' anywhere bitch until I watch ya show my bill paid in full on that there computer. Now get to it.

Amanda looked out the door and saw the cashier standing with the phone. She had dialed 911 when Darrell came running into the building and was talking to the dispatcher. Amanda yelled to her, "Help me. I think the baby's coming too."

By that time the two men from the loading dock came running into the office and grabbed Darrell's arms. They pulled him away from Amanda and were trying to hold him back from her. Darrell was large enough and strong enough he was pulling the men along with him as he approached Amanda's desk once more. The cashier continued talking into the phone telling the dispatcher to send an ambulance also as they had a woman having a baby.

Charlie's Vet Assistant ran to another phone and called him to tell him about Darrell and about Amanda's labor. Charlie answered and when he found out what she needed he said, "OK, I'm about finished here. Call and cancel all my appointments for the rest of the day. If they can't cancel see if one of the other Vets can handle the call. I think all I have is routine immunizations and so forth so it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Do I need to come to the office or should I just go to the hospital? Did that Bastard hurt Amanda?"

"The sheriff is here taking Darrell out right now. Darrell never touched Amanda; he just scared her to death. Amanda refuses to go in the ambulance so Jeff and Abby are going to take her over to the hospital. They say just meet them there."

By the time Charlie reached the hospital Amanda was in the delivery room. He was messy as would be expected since he had been working animals all day in the mud and feces of barn lots. Finally one of the nurses came up to him and said, "Sir this is a hospital and we..."

Charlie looked at her with anger in his eyes. He saw the nurse flinch back and he took a deep breath. He explained why he was so messy and she began to look contrite. "I'm sorry Dr. I just, well you're not the most sanitary man we've seen in here. If I could find you some scrubs and a place to shower..."

Charlie laughed and said, "Yeah, if you can do that I'll clean up so I don't get your nice clean hospital any dirtier."

Charlie finished a shower and stuffed his clothes into a bag the nurse had provided. He even rinsed off his boots in a janitor's closet so he wouldn't leave a mess on the floor with them. By the time he was cleaned Amanda had delivered and he was allowed into her room to see her and the new baby. She had an easy delivery and although tired she was in very good shape as was the baby.

Amanda looked up as Charlie walked into the room and smiled. She held the little bundle out to Charlie when he walked up to her bed and said, "Do you want to hold your new Son?"