Cheap Whiskey

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Outside he savors the food as if it is at a five-star restaurant like the ones he would have breakfast at on trips around the world. A cup of coffee with the green circle on the side of the cup would taste very nice about now as well. That alone would have cost more than the food in his lap. At least he has the change to call Jane, if only he can find a payphone.

-

Jane rides the bus watching all that passes on her side of the bus. Nearing the bench where she had seen the man, she pays even greater attention. She had been disappointed that he had not called, but understood there are not many payphones now that cell phones are popular. There were other reasons he might not have called and she hopes that one wasn't a distrust of her, or a lack of interest. He had seemed distracted almost as if in another place. Hunger and living on the street can have an impact and she knew little about him, not even his name.

The bus stops several times after passing the bench where she met him. Two more stops and the bus will turn to travel into a slightly better part of town. If that happens, she will not find him. She is sure of that. If she had a car that worked, she would have been driving. That would have made it easier.

The bus turns and she pulls the cord to signal she wishes off. A block later, it stops and she steps onto the sidewalk. She watches it pull away belching black exhaust then disappears from sight.

He had mentioned the river and she walks in that direction, past the hookers and drug dealers, trying to not look out of place. It is impossible. A black woman with long legs and large breasts says something she ignores. She considers if the hooker would have whisked her off to bed as easily as a man had the price been right. She had never slept with a woman, but had considered the possibility after seeing one missing a leg a few weeks before. She had considered it several times in the dark of the night.

The bench passes along with blocks of broken sidewalk and desolate buildings. She does not live in splendor, but it is better than anything around here is. She wipes her brow with the back of her hand as she hears the ship whistle blow several times signaling the bridge tender to lift the bridge. At least the river is near.

She waits for several minutes as a convoy of large trucks laden with containers to pass. Heavy traffic flows in two lanes in each direction. Fortunately, there is an island halfway across the road. Slightly out of breath, she at last stands at the other side and wipes her brow again.

A man lounges under the only tree and she walks towards him trying to call up images of the man on the bench. This man is lying in such a manner it is hard to tell if he is missing an arm.

"Jane," he calls when she is near.

"I don't know your name, but I was hoping to find you."

"Conrad." He starts to stand and she waves a hand to indicate it isn't necessary.

She absently brushes at her slacks as she sits beside him. "How are you?"

"Other than no place to stay and no food, quite well." He chuckles, sitting up more and turning towards her. "And you?"

"Better now that I've found you. I felt so badly that I...."

"It's okay. Your bus came. I understand."

"But...." She adjusts the top button on the blouse leaving a little more cleavage showing.

"You mentioned work."

"Yes. I have a few companies that I try to find staff for."

"I don't think I'm presentable enough. I stink."

"That's all so easy to resolve. A shower, clean clothes...."

"Why? Why me?"

"Just a feeling I had on that bench yesterday."

"That's very kind of you. Most just ignore me and wish I'd disappear."

"That's rude...."

"It makes me feel like a pile of poop that someone just stepped in."

"Does the lack of an arm keep you...keep you from doing anything?"

"Hard to carry things. I used to be a stockbroker. Until there wasn't a need then they tossed me out with the garbage. I had clients worth millions. They blamed me for their loses. I couldn't get a job."

"Because of the arm?"

"And my missing leg."

A large smile fills her face and she holds his hand for a moment. "Somehow I knew you had a lot to offer."

"Even cleaned up, women no longer want me." He looks at her face for a moment before letting his eyes drift into her cleavage. "You mentioned dreams you can never have."

"I didn't expect you to remember that." She takes his hand and rests it in her lap.

"I imagine you are happily married, have.... Sorry, shouldn't have started down that path."

"I'm not married. I've often wished I were. You know, fulfilled and satisfied. There've been a few men, but for many reasons none lasted."

"Sorry. Sounds like my story."

"Let me suggest we go to my place and you take a bath. Then we can have dinner." She holds a hand up. "You don't have...."

"I'd like that. I know I'm a mess."

"Just a little grime." She chuckles, stands, and slings his bag over her shoulder. "I'm afraid we have to take the bus."

"Dead car?"

"Afraid so." She reaches down and pulls him up.

"Thanks." He brushes his pants off. "I can't repay you."

She gives him a devilish grin. "Maybe we'll find a way."

"Listen, my prosthetic leg is killing me and I don't have any crutches. Can we stop somewhere and buy a pair?"

"I have some at home."

"Really?"

They walk towards the nearest bus stop stealing glances at each other. After half a block, she takes his hand and holds it, continuing along in silence. He begins to complain about the filth and she lets him know it doesn't matter.

The bus driver gives her a strange but knowing look as if thinking 'you've got another bum'. She pays both fares and they sit at the back of the bus where it is empty.

"Nice having company," she whispers without looking at him, but holding his hand.

"Yes, as long as it is you." He flashes her a big smile then rests their hands on the pants leg over the hard material of the prosthetic leg.

"Did you lose much of the leg?"

"Mid-thigh."

"Oh."

"Have you ever known someone missing a leg?"

"Uh-huh. I've dated a few men that way." She squeezes his hand.

"Maybe I've found someone that can accept me."

"I bet you have." She squeezes the hand again.

-

Jane's house is not the Taj Mahal, but modest and neat. A one-level post World War II home in a neighborhood of similar homes, it has two bedrooms and one bathroom. She leads him on a quick tour stopping in her bedroom and pointing towards the bath. She opens the closet and removes jeans and a work shirt laying them on the bed.

"They should fit. Hope you don't mind...from an old boyfriend." She chuckles. "Later we can toss those into the washer."

He sits and begins to undress. She hands him a pair of crutches and he thanks her.

"Towels and washcloths in the bathroom. If you need 'anything'." She smiles as if there are implied meaning to her words, and then closes the door. She stands in the hallway waiting for the noise of the shower, unbuttoning the blouse.

He leans against the shower wall with warm water cascading over him and filth swirling about the drain. The few showers he took at the flophouse had been cold and fast. The communal bathroom had been as dangerous as sleeping under the overpass so he never lingered. Now, he enjoys the warm water as a man in the desert enjoys a drink. Thoughts of Jane inspire an erection and he lets it happen.

When he opens his eyes and wipes the water away, she stands naked on the other side of the transparent shower curtain. He can see her as clearly as if it were not there.

"Can I help?" she asks, pulling the curtain back enough to step in before letting it fall back in place.

The way she touches him, there is little doubt of her interest. She takes the washcloth from his hand and rubs the soap over his chest. He offers no resistance when she washes between his legs and over the erection. Her attention to his leg stump inspires greater arousal.

"Don't you mind?" he quizzes.

"Should I?"

She pulls the stump between her legs and rubs excitedly. "Oh god-d," she roars. Soon she grinds against the end of the stump holding it with both hands. "Honey-y, god-d."

He continues to lean against the wall watching the woman using the stump in unexpected ways. His erection spasms and bobs with excitement, threatening to come without aid.

"Forgive me," she begs, still grinding. "Oh, ah, oh," she wails in midst of a full-blown climax.

He cups a breast, fondling, and rubs the arm stump along her face. She moves slowly towards his face, her lips taking his and inserting her tongue deep. The kiss is passionate and long, her hand sliding over soapy wet skin everywhere in wild exploration.

She holds his erection and stares into his eyes. "I know you're hungry, but this is wonderful."

"Uh-huh. I didn't expect...."

"I did." She snickers, driving her tongue into his mouth for a long moment.

"I'm getting that idea." He chuckles.

"I promise we'll have each other later if you want to go eat first."

-

The restaurant is at end of the block her house is; close enough for Conrad to walk on one crutch. It is his preferred manner of walking since the arm amputation and it feels good to not have the prosthetic leg wearing at the stump. The jeans pant leg is just long enough to warp over the waistband so it does not dangle.

She holds his hand from across the table of the booth, playing with his fingers. "It must feel good to be clean. I don't know if I could handle it...living on the street."

"It's been a shock to me. I had no idea. Listen, I can't thank you enough."

"My 'pleasure'." She snickers. "Can't wait to continue...."

"Yeah, me too. I miss that kind of closeness."

The waitress takes their orders, returning with ice tea before leaving again.

"Famished," he groans.

"I like your hair long like that, but if you want we can find a place to get it trimmed."

"Sure." He sips the tea though a straw then adds a little sugar. "Did you pick me because of this?" He waves the arm stump flipping the sleeve.

She blushes, sipping the tea to give her a chance to calm down. "Do you mind?"

"No. I'm flattered."

She squeezes his hand. "You're handsome. I might have approached you even if.... I probably wouldn't have a chance though."

"Hush. You're very pretty, and I've seen all of you." He chuckles.

She blushes again. "You have a nice way with words. It makes me feel good."

The waitress brings the burgers and fries then refills the glasses.

"You mentioned you had dated men missing legs."

"My, my. Don't you ever forget anything?"

"Nope." He takes a bite of burger and chews. "Is it a preference?"

"Ah," she mumbles.

"We don't have to talk about why." He bites again.

"No. It's just a question I never know how to answer."

"I know some people prefer to be with amputees, just like some want to be an amputee."

"Do you know about that?"

"I spent time with a woman that had her leg amputated."

"Before or after...." she stares at his empty sleeve.

"Before the arm."

"Oh-h."

"It was overseas. She was amazingly beautiful, had a very short stump of her right leg. Her husband found her one night and killed her."

"That's dreadful."

"She'd been in another town for nearly a year after the amputation before he tracked her down."

"Did you meet her when your leg was amputated?"

He pauses knowing the answer will probably reveal why the surgery happened. Irma had instantly understood, but of course, she had the same need. He hesitates for fear of losing a chance to know more about Jane. She senses his reluctance and begins to speak. He cuts her off.

"Yes."

"You said she 'had' it amputated. By choice?"

"Yes."

"Well, let me just toss this out so you might feel more at ease. I 'want' my left leg amputated. I just don't know how to make it happen. Does that help?" She casts a warm smile in his direction and takes his hand. "I hope so. I feel we have much in common."

"Thank you for being so open. Yes, both my leg 'and' arm were by choice. My need for the leg was intense, the arm slightly less so. I don't regret either."

"Wow-w." She shakes her head. "I was just excited to see the empty sleeve." She chuckles. "Such a fine package. Wow-w."

He takes back his hand and finishes the last bite of burger, chewing slowly as he take her in anew. He swallows and washes it down with a large sip of tea.

"Left leg, huh?" He takes another sip. "I just happen to be partial to women missing the left leg."

She suggestively plays with the top of her blouse. "Well, let me be such a woman."

-

Making love with Jane reminds Conrad of Gloria in every respect. She is wildly adventuresome and unafraid to try anything. She also enjoys both his stumps with abandon. After the second hour without pause, they both fall onto their back limply, exhausted.

"More than I hoped for," he offers between a few gasps.

"Yeah, darlin'."

With some effort, he rolls onto his side and idly toys with her nipple using his arm stump. "It likes that," he teases.

"I do too." She laughs, scooping the breast with a hand and rubbing it against the stump. "Oh-h, baby-y, that's so nice."

"I can think of things to rub your leg stump against," he whispers.

"If only."

"Is it really something you really want?"

"Oh, Conrad." She pecks a few kisses on his lips. "More than life."

"I'm flat out broke."

"I know. It's not like I'm a Vanderbilt either." She chuckles. "I make ends meet, but still my car is broken." She fondles his leg stump. "Maybe time for your tramp freighter." She continues fondling.

"How long a stump?"

"Shorter. I just want to use crutches."

"You'd cut a fine look in a thong swimsuit."

"I'll take that as a complement."

"Honest. You have nothing to be ashamed of about your body. Nothing."

She blushes. "I could fall in love with you if you're not careful."

"Go ahead. I guess I should get a haircut and look for a job."

"I have some contacts, some that might be looking for a person exactly like you."

"I don't have enough to get an apartment, so if...."

"Heavens, I just found you and now you want to move out. Nope, that's not going to happen."

"It has to be your decision if I stay with you. I want to."

She grips him firmly between the thighs. "I 'want' you to stay."

-

Conrad and Jane lounge on the same beach he had with Irma, only now Jane is missing her leg. She still seems pleased three weeks following surgery. He occasionally thinks about Irma and Gloria, but he never lets her know. Life had turned around for him and there is nothing to complain about with their relationship, a year after meeting.

"Are you sure we can't live here?" she quizzes, rolling against him letting her stump tease the front of his swimsuit.

"What's up?" Monique asks, dropping her crutches and sitting near.

He studies the dark skinned beauty from the clinic with a stump even shorter than Jane's is. Her one-piece thong swimsuit covers little and even with moderate sized breasts, they both threaten to fall out.

"Jane wants to know why we can't stay."

"Yeah, I want to know that too. I like you both like family."

"Job, money, language, for starters."

"No problem. It'll take care of itself. Enjoy the wonderful day." She waves both hands towards the ocean. "Besides, we have beautiful stumps."

"Like that will give us anything to live on," Jane says.

"Who needs money? Everything is cheap. Trust me. I have friends."

12