CHOGM Pt. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"How can we break down that wall?" Russell asked.

"I don't know, do you have any suggestions?"

"No. unless we go back to the original plan of trying to flush them out. It seemed to work pretty well before."

"How do you plan to do that?"

"Leave that to me. Keep in touch."

Russell picked up the phone and rang Brian Thompson again. "Brian, do you know that article that I wrote, and that we are not allowed to print?"

"What do you have in mind?"

"I am thinking, to hell with them, why don't we go ahead and publish. We can also use the other three's knowledge of the CIA operations to add to the validity of the article. If that doesn't flush them out nothing will."

"We can go one better than that. Most of the typesetting is already done so what I have in mind is a Special Edition to hit the streets tomorrow. If we get to work straight away we can just about make it."

"Another thing, Francine from the Solomon Agency is more heavily involved than we at first thought and there are a couple of supposed legal types called Jim Crossley and Aaron Silverman who are in it as well. Oh and just one more thing, if, when you are moving around gathering information for us you will most likely run into some swarthy Mediterranean types running around doing the same thing don't worry too much because they are on our side. Jenny's family have recruited the Italian Community to help find our friends. I don't think that I would like to be in their shoes when they are found. By the way, we are dealing with members of the Covert Operation Group and they are not very pleasant customers."

"How do you know this?" Brain asked.

"Because Jenny's brother Tony. . ."

"What else would he be called?" Brian interrupted.

"As I was saying before being so rudely interrupted, Tony knows some people who have had some dealings with them and there have been rumours of people conveniently committing suicide after falling foul of them."

"I don't want either you or Jenny even contemplating suicide because of this operation, is that understood?"

"Yes, your meaning is clear and we will take every precaution to ensure that this will never happen."

"Just see that you do. I want you back in one piece."

Russell hung up the phone once more and settled back to await the next phone call. He was only just getting settled when it arrived. It was Tony once more. "Russell we have found them."

"Where?" Russell asked.

"There is this house in Vaucluse that is owned by an American based company, they are there."

"Wait until we get there before you try anything." Russell turned to Jenny and her mother. "They have been found. Tony has given me the address, let's go and get them."

"We will call in reinforcements." Maria made several calls. To each of the people called she gave instructions to contact several other people and have them meet the main party at the given address, and to bring with them anything that could be used as a weapon.

During a pause in the organisation the phone rang. It was Brian. "Russell, we have found out where the guys we are looking of are holed up."

"It's not the house of a certain American diplomat in Vaucluse is it?"

"How did you know?"

"We have our methods as well. You had better get some cameras over there because it could be interesting."

"What do you mean?"

"The whole of the Italian community, or at least it seems that way, are massing for vengeance."

"I hope that you and Jenny won't be there."

"Why not, it's just as much our fight as yours or theirs, in fact it is more our fight."

"Just the same you two have had enough for the time being so stay right away."

"Yes Boss, anything you say Boss."

40

The Vaucluse address was that of a mansion of no mean proportions. The American owner of it had insisted that it should reflect the status that he considered befitted him.

Inside this mansion all semblance of status had disappeared in the anger that was being vented by the said owner onto the two men seated on the other side of the desk. "I sent you guys to carry out a simple task and you allowed yourselves to be sidetracked into personal issues. Not only were you sidetracked but you allowed yourselves to be humiliated by a bunch of amateurs. What do you have to say for yourselves?"

"Amateurs!" BillyBob had decided that the best form of defence was attack. "These were no amateurs. They had our every move covered. They knew what we were going to do before we did ourselves, at least that's the way it seemed. We had to use a lot of muscle to try to get them to see reason.

"I presume that you are referring to the little matter of a motor vehicle accident?"

"Yes. We, or at least I, felt that we needed to come down hard on them to try to get them out of the picture because they have been causing us a lot more problems that I would have expected for someone that we thought were amateurs."

"It might have seemed that way to you but let me show you something." He threw a manila folder across the desk. "You will see in that file that you have been dealing with a bimbo who has been used up to now to supply my guests with dolls on a casual basis. Her friend is nothing more than a junior reporter on some sleazy tabloid. Now where are your professionals?"

"What about the three Englishmen?"

"What about them indeed. They arrive here in a blaze of glory and so much attention that you were unable to hit them and ever since then they have led you on a merry dance. And what about this afternoon? How could you let them sneak up on you like that? Don't they teach you anything at spy school?"

"If you are so smart how come you didn't have a dossier on them?"

"Because they were of little consequence up until now."

"Bullshit! It was these same three men who closed down your most lucrative source of funds."

"And yours. I seem to remember that you were blasted for creaming a large share right off the top."

"Sure, and who was it that took all of the risks?"

"What risks? You had the free use of air transport to get the stuff out of Laos and Kampuchea, you had access to an unlimited number of couriers to tranship it to Hong Kong and Sydney. The distribution system was in place and the right palms were continually greased. All you had to do was to get the stuff on to a plane."

"But it was me that set up the laboratory to refine the opium into pure heroin and process the Cannabis resin into Hashish."

"And it was also you that insisted on lacing a batch of Hashish with Heroin just to see what it would do. You couldn't leave well enough alone, could you? And while we're at it who was it that insisted on conducting some individual vendetta against the very people who shut down your little operation which resulted in at least three members of that Interpol squad meeting with untimely accidents. You did that because they closed down your operation. We had other operations running as well, yours meant little in the overall scheme of things. Shit, putting heroin into hash."

"The way that I had it figured was that if we could get more people hooked on Heroin we could expand our market."

"You should have let us know before you carried out any experiments, after all we have a sophisticated test facility Stateside that is currently looking into the short and long term effects of massive doses of various drugs, especially Marijuana, Heroin and Amphetamines."

"I didn't know anything about that."

"Did you think to ask?"

"No. Would it have helped. The last time I asked for information or assistance all I got was nothing."

"Not only would it have helped, but it would have saved us a lot of bad press, especially with the Brits. They weren't happy about losing two of their best Drug Squad people and an innocent bystander. Now what are we going to do with you two?"

"Do you need to do anything. Why can't we stay here until the heat dies down?"

"For the simple reason that I have been instructed to withdraw your official status with the Consulate and inform you that if you are caught carrying out anything illegal in future, you will find that you no longer have any Diplomatic Immunity."

"You can't do that! How do you honestly expect an organisation like ours to carry out its charter with Big Brother peering over your shoulder?"

"Listen Buddy! You have our protection for as long as you continue to get results. The minute that you start fucking up you will find that your protection is under review. If you continue to fuck up, as you two have done continually on this assignment, your protection will be withdrawn. That is the present situation."

"How do we get out of here if we have no protection?"

"You are the fucking experts, why don't you work it out for yourselves!"

One of the Consular staff members entered the room and whispered into the Consul's ear. "Shit, shit, shit and fuck!"

"What's wrong now?"

"We, it seems, have a whole mob of swarthy gentlemen camped right outside this house. Now what do you think they are doing here?"

"How should we know?"

"Was it not you that ordered the 'accident' which killed the father of our young bimbo? No, I haven't finished yet. Outside is probably the whole family, brothers, sons, uncles, cousins and in all probability the female members of his family as well as a whole bunch of people who aren't even related to them. I have it in mind to throw you to the wolves."

"You can't do that!"

"No I can't. I'll give you the break that you don't deserve." He crossed to the phone. "Police? May I speak to Inspector Johnson? Yes I'll hold." He placed his hand over the mouthpiece, " Johnno, yes it's me. Look I wish to report an assembly of people outside my home who have no right to be there, can you have them moved on?"

He placed the phone back into its cradle. "Now, when the police arrive you will get a few minutes when there will be some confusion and your friends will be moving away. I want you to get right out of here and get away from this house. The next thing I want you to do is to get your arses stateside on the earliest possible flight out of this country, Kapeesh?"

"Understood, and thanks."

41

"This has gone too far!" The voice of the Minister for Foreign Affairs was showing the pent up anger and frustration caused by recent events. "You have done nothing but lie to me about your involvement in all of this."

"I beg to differ Minister, I have kept you informed at all times of what is happening and the potential for any repercussions to you."

"Lies! Even what you have said just now is lies! I find it difficult to trust you in anything anymore. You have told me all along that your 'agency' is in no way involved in this matter yet I have been informed by reliable sources that your people have been behind this from the very beginning, before the beginning even."

"What do you mean?" The American Ambassador was, for the first time on the defensive, at least until he knew the extent of the information provided by the 'reliable source'.

"I want your word that the CIA has had nothing to do with the Ananda Marga sect or its militant arm the 'Proutists'."

"You have it of course."

"You know nothing of the bombing of the Hilton Hotel then?"

"Only what I read in the papers Minister."

"On a different matter, tell me if I'm wrong here. Is not the CIA involved in the financing of drug production and importation from South East Asia?"

"No."

"Is not the CIA, through the Nugan Hand merchant bank in Sydney, with branches in Bangkok and Hong Kong, responsible for the laundering of black money used to finance its drug operation?"

"No."

"Is not this same bank responsible for financing the cultivation of Marijuana crops in the Murrumbidgee Irrigation Area of New South Wales?"

"No."

"Is not this same organisation involved in the murder of Donald MacKay in Griffiths last year?"

"No."

"Is not this bank controlled by a person reasonably believed to be an operative of the CIA?"

"No."

"So Michael Hand has never worked for the CIA?"

"He is not currently employed by the CIA."

"He was never involved in the provision of arms to rebel forces in Laos in return for opium, and has no scheme whereby he has used US servicemen as paid couriers to bring drugs into this country, and then convinced them to invest in a rather dubious Real Estate purchase to 'legitimise' the transaction?"

"I have no knowledge of such a scheme."

"The CIA has no knowledge of one Maurice Ernest Houghton, who was a pilot working for the CIA in Vietnam and who ran the 'Texas Tavern' in Kings Cross and which it has been alleged to have been a major clearing house for imported drugs brought into this country by US Service personnel coming in on R&R leave from Vietnam?"

"I have no knowledge of this man or of these allegations."

"Are you aware that a bomb was placed in a rubbish bin outside the Hilton Hotel in Sydney which it so happens, is the venue for the Commonwealth Heads of Government Regional Meeting?"

"You've asked that question before and my answer is still the same. I do read the newspapers Minister."

"I'm glad that I have got something other than a denial for a change. Are you also aware that two men, alleged to be operatives of your CIA have been linked to this bombing?"

"No I am not aware of these allegations."

"And that one of these men has been involved, with an organisation known as Air America, in the transportation of heroin and other drugs out of South East Asia?"

"I have no knowledge of these allegations and I also deny the existence of an organisation known as 'Air America'."

"Information has come to my notice that one of these men is currently wanted by Interpol for the murders of at least three of its top operatives over the last several years."

"Your information must be better than mine because I have no knowledge of this."

"I am informed that these men have been implicated in the kidnapping and assault of at least four people over the last few days, right here in Sydney."

"I have no knowledge of these allegations."

"I am also informed that one or both of these men have been involved in the hit and run death of a man this afternoon. What do you know of this allegation?"

"I know nothing of this Minister. I will make enquiries through the appropriate channels to see if I am able to shed any light on this matter."

"Why do I view that offer with a certain lack of confidence? What are we going to do about all of this?"

"In the past it has been thought best to deny any such allegations until they die down altogether. I see no reason to depart from this practise. You would be advised to comply with this if you wish to remain in government."

"What do you mean by that threat?"

"Just that if you don't follow instructions, the same process that ensured that your party gained government in '75 will be used to ensure the opposition will regain power at the next election."

"Oh. I see. I guess we have to follow your suggestion then. I would appreciate it if your people were a little more careful in future."

"The matter is being dealt with momentarily."

42

"Russell, you and Jenny are to stay here, when we are in position we will ring you and then you will ring the home of that man and tell him that we are on our way to get them. If I know how they work they will try to move out before we get there, that's why I want that we should be ready for them."

"What if they decide to stay and fight it out?"

"Then they will have a fight." The statement was made with such sincerity that Russell, for the briefest instant felt some concern for the safety of the enemy, for the very briefest moment.

"I want to go with you." Jenny stated.

"No! I have not ordered you much over the last few years but this time I must insist. You will stay here out of the way of what will happen."

Jenny reluctantly acceded to her mother's wishes. The troops left, the tail lights of the cars blurred by the steady evening rain. Soon all was still, Jenny and Russell sat side by side on the sofa. "Who would have thought that less than a week ago we didn't even know each other." Russell reflected.

Jenny, her head on his shoulder and her arms tightly linked in his was in a similar reflective mood. "I don't know whether I am happy or sad that I met you. If I hadn't I wouldn't have found you and fallen in love with you. In this way the days that we have known each other have been very happy. On the other hand I have lost my father, while I can't blame you for that, if I hadn't met you it wouldn't have happened."

Russell held up his still heavily bandaged hand, the steel rods standing out like thin claws from the bandages. "While my pain has been more of physical nature, I can feel your loss too. I only knew him for a very short time, but in that time I gained a great deal of respect for him. I am sure that your father and I would have been great friends."

"I know you would have been. My father was never backwards in telling me if he didn't like any of my boyfriends. 'Jenny,' he'd say to me in his gruffest voice, and I knew exactly what was coming, 'Jenny, I don't want to interfere in your life, but, are you sure that this is the right man for you? He started that even when I was only thirteen. It made me very careful about who I became involved with. The other morning he said to me, 'Jenny, this is the man for you, I feel it here in my heart. Now you are to make him a very happy man like your mother made me happy. He will be good to you and in time, I will be proud to hold my grandchildren in my arms.'" Jenny released her grip on Russell's arm and used the back of her hand to wipe the tears from her eyes. "I'm sorry Darling, I didn't mean to get all weepy on you."

Russell used his good hand to wipe the tears from his own eyes. "Don't apologise for that Darling. I feel almost as deeply as you. I am glad that he gave his approval of our love before he died. At least he had that much happiness." He placed his arm around her and drew her to him.

They were still in that position when the phone rang. It was Brian and he was angry. "What are you people playing at? This place is crawling with hundreds of people, many of them armed with what the police would deem to be offensive weapons. I hope to God that they aren't planning anything illegal."

"Look mate, I don't know what they have planned and I wasn't about to stop them even if what they have planned is illegal. After what happened to Mr Petrelli and the fact that the police are not the slightest bit interested in it I hope that they get what is coming to them. By the way, could you find out from John or Jerry what happened to the two thugs that they left trussed up in our flat?"

There was the sound of a mumbled conference in the background and Brian came back onto the line. It seems that when the police arrived to pick them up there was no-one there. The official story is that they must have got free and scarpered. John disagrees with that."

"So do I. I saw how well they were trussed up. There was no way that even Houdini could have got free of those ropes. I rest my case. Someone other than the police will have to take care of these two wonderful people."

"What do you intend doing?"

"We are going to put the frighteners up them from here and have them believe that they have a little time before our people get there so that they make a run for it. We will be waiting."

"What if they know that your people are in place before they move?"

"We will play it by ear."

"Good luck. We will be ready to capture for posterity, if nothing else, this confrontation."

No sooner had he hung up than the phone rang again. The voice on the other end said one word. "Ready."

Russell made the call. "Mr Alderman? Russell French here. You have a couple of men staying with you that I would like very much to talk to."