Choices Ch. 03

Story Info
Another woman enters the mix.
4.9k words
4.63
26.2k
5

Part 3 of the 11 part series

Updated 11/01/2022
Created 12/04/2007
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

My thanks to my editor adetaildiva. Without her this would be a poorer story. After her any errors are mine.

*

"I was talking to Jean Marlowe again. You know she was an English major in college." We were driving back from church the next day. Since I was obviously back in the dating scene, Linda felt like she could push her candidates forward.

"Really." I had been a history major at UT, but my minor was English and I loved reading 'classic' novels. I could tell that I'd have to have at least one date with Jean and, if she liked novels, maybe it could be fun.

On Monday night, I made two calls. Nan and I were going clubbing on Friday and Jean and I were going to dinner on Saturday.

When I picked Jean up, she was dressed in a simple black skirt and red scoop-neck shell. Very pretty but conservative, the outfit set off her light complexion and chestnut hair. She wasn't going to incite the wolves tonight.

I took her to dinner at a place further out, in the opposite direction from Nan's place. It was upscale from the one I had taken Nan to on our first date. I felt we could dawdle there for coffee and conversation.

"You know, Dickens wrote his novels from 1836 onwards." Jean and I had discussed our favorite novels during a two-hour dinner. The waiter's glare had finally driven me to get the check.

We were window-shopping in the quaint downtown area where the restaurant was. The little crossroads was being restored. It had almost died as a farming community in the sixties. Now it was reviving as the Washington suburbs sprawled ever further out.

Jean was now talking about her favorite novelist. "But the actual conditions he described were from London in the early 1800's. Oh, look! A sale!"

Like most men of a certain age, I have learned that it is dangerous to get between a woman and a dollars-off sign. "Oh. Kid's clothes."

"Yes. That dress would look great on Rebecca for Christmas parties. And see, back there. They've got winter jackets marked down. I bet Bobby will need something heavier than he had in Georgia. And I can see some boy's sport jackets back there, too."

"How long's the sale on?"

"The sign says through Friday."

"Maybe we ought to get over here this week." I spoke without thinking. What a dummy! Had I just committed to another date? Would she think I'm pushing too hard? Did she just maneuver me into this?

"You can't pass up something like this. I bet clothes are a lot more expensive up here than you're used to."

"I'll have to talk to Linda about what Bobby needs. Last year Faith helped me with this."

"Who's Faith?"

"Faith's the only nanny that Bobby ever had before we moved up here. Kathy and I hired her when Bobby was six weeks old. She kept the house running for several months after Kathy was killed until I recovered. Look, a bookstore. I always like to shop at hometown bookstores over the B&N's and the big chains. I guess I'm just a small town boy at heart."

"Yeah. I like the smaller stores, too. I don't mind paying a few dollars more if I can get personal service."

"Unless you find a sale."

"Hey! That was a small store. I bet even with the sale they still have good service."

I delivered Jean back to her door about an hour later. "Jean, I really enjoyed the evening. Perhaps I can call you during the week and we can set up another get-together."

"Jack, I'd really like that." Before I could do anything else, she reached up and gave me a peck on the cheek and stepped back. "Good night."

As I watched the door close, I wondered where I was. I didn't expect every girl I went out with to hop in bed after the first date like Nan, although I could always hope. But I wasn't sure if Jean liked me or just wanted me to leave and the kiss was to avoid being groped. Damn! Ten years of close association with a woman and I still didn't know anything.

I got home just as the nightly news was coming on. "Linda, do you know why Jean got divorced?"

"Never thought to ask, but even if I had, you ought to ask her first."

"Well, I liked being out with her, but -- and don't get me wrong. I don't expect every date to end in bed -- I don't know whether she liked the date or not. When I dropped her off, she gave me a quick peck on the cheek and disappeared."

"Did you try to kiss her?"

"No. I was going to, but she acted before I could and then was gone just like that."

"Well, I'd say that was a good sign. The only way to find out, though, is to ask her out again."

"We saw a children's clothing store that was having a sale. Would it be too unromantic to ask her to go with me and Bobby?"

"I think that would be sweet. Some divorced women, though, don't want their children meeting their dates too early. That way if things don't work out they don't have to explain what happened to Mister Jack."

"Huh. Never thought about that. That's something I ought to think about, too."

Jean had suggested Mickey D's Playland for dinner before going shopping. We were watching Bobby chase Rebecca through the tunnels or her guide him through the tunnels depending on which kid you asked.

"I've got Linda to help with the house and Bobby when I get stuck. You have any help?"

"There's a woman in the neighborhood that can pick up Rebecca in an emergency. Other than that, I do it all myself."

"Wow! It's been almost two years since Kathy left for Iraq and I still feel like I'm learning to manage a household. Women are amazing."

"Well, it's been about four since Josh left me. Being chauvinistic, I think that women just instinctively understand how to manage home and hearth. Men are still the hunters."

Sure enough there was a good winter coat for Bobby to play outside in and a plaid sport jacket that he could wear to church or other dress-up occasions.

"Daddy, I'm going to be an Eskimo." The fake fur trim on the hood did lend itself to that approach.

"We'll have to get you a spear for the seals, sport. He has a book with chapters on kids around the world. Spearing seals and spearing elephants are his favorite pastimes right now," I said turning to Jean.

"Thank you, momma," Rebecca curtsied. Rebecca looked gorgeously adorable in the green velvet dress that Jean had spotted in the window.

"They make her thank the teacher at the end of every ballet lesson. It's helped in other places, too. Would you like to come back and I'll make us some coffee?"

"Friday nights are the one time that I feel I can say 'Stop world. I want to get off.' Tomorrow it'll be back to soccer games and groceries, but Friday nights I decompress." Jean curled gracefully down on the other half of the couch. She didn't hug the arm, but instead by settling where she did, she invited me to move over and share her space. I intended to take her up on that.

The kids were in the den. Shrek 2 was in the DVD player and they would probably fall asleep before it was over. Things were pointing toward Jean and I and some alone time.

"Jack, there is no good time to do this. I could see it in your eyes earlier that you are wondering why a guy would leave his two-year old daughter and wife. It also begs the question of how I could have made the mistake of choosing him."

"Jean, I don't want to pry --"

"No. I feel the beginnings of a connection, but if we can't get past this then it's good to know now rather than six months on."

"I feel a good vibe, too," I replied and then I waited for her to continue. It was quiet as she collected her thoughts.

"I met Josh during my junior year at UVA, but we didn't start dating until the beginning of our senior year. It didn't take long before we were very close, if you get my drift. He was only my third lover, but I thought we were pretty good together. I tried the Pill but the hormones played havoc with my body, so we used condoms. Spring Break we went to Florida. One night we got drunk and went skinny-dipping. One thing led to another and we were doing it in the dunes. Of course Josh had forgotten the rubbers. Just one time won't hurt, we thought. And here we were getting ready to graduate from UVA! Intelligence doesn't equal smart."

"Well, we got the wedding lined up for June and I couldn't have been happier. By then I was past morning sickness and my hormones were raging. They raged until Rebecca was born. Then it seemed like I was tired all the time. By the time she was a year old I was back in balance, but the spark wasn't there."

"One day the daycare called. Rebecca was sick and I picked her up. I heard Josh's voice when I walked in the door. Rebecca heard it too. Even though she was sick, she ran to the bedroom to see her daddy."

"Well, she saw all of her daddy and all of the blonde bimbo that he was screwing. They were out of the house in five minutes. By the time Josh returned, I had a suitcase packed for him. He tried to tell me that this was the first time and he'd never do it again. What guy drives fifteen miles from work on his lunch hour to bed a gal the first time? We tried counseling but I kept thinking: if he's unfaithful after two years of marriage, what's he going to be doing after twenty years?"

She was sniffling now. I could imagine even after four years that this was still traumatic. I put my arm around her. She blew her nose and continued.

"The last counseling session, when he saw that I was going to cut him loose, he let go at me until the therapist stopped him. He called me cold and unimaginative in bed. Josh said that I'd be married to my fingers from here on because no one would want the missionary position on top of a woman stiff as a board, and just as flat, every night for the rest of their lives." She blubbered for awhile. I just held her until she felt like talking some more.

"Josh has been responsible since the divorce. Of course, working for the government they would come down on him like a ton of bricks if he missed his child support. But he shows up for Rebecca's soccer games and her ballet performances. He plans things to do with her on the weekends when it's his turn to have her."

"I take his support payments and put them in a 529 account for her college and I show him the balance each quarter. I think that makes it less like he's paying to support me, too. When she needs braces or if she falls in love with horses I may have to change, but now it's okay."

We sat quietly for a few minutes, my arm around her shoulders and her head leaning against me. Then I moved and we looked at each other. She put a hand behind my head and pulled me down to kiss her. Our lips touched, then she turned and we embraced without breaking the kiss. Our lips opened and our tongues briefly fenced. Then I broke the contact.

"Jean, I think we get along well together. I don't want to go further tonight because you feel you have to prove something."

"Jack, I -- " She was looking deep into my eyes.

"Let me finish. If I did what I want to do now, I'd feel like I was challenging you to prove Josh was wrong. I KNOW Josh was wrong. If there was any problem, it had to have been because of him, probably emotionally. Let me call you on Monday and we can continue this later when we're both thinking clearly about the future, not the past."

"Oh, Jack!" She threw herself against me and we clung to each other for several minutes.

"Now let me get Bobby."

As predicted, both kids had fallen asleep on the floor. I picked Rebecca up and carried her into her bedroom. Jean could undress her later. Before I picked Bobby up, I hugged Jean and kissed her forehead.

"We'll have plenty of time for more when we're both feeling better and looking forward." I picked Bobby up and took him out to the car.

The next morning I picked Nan up about 9. We headed west to the Shenandoah Valley. I had invited her to go on a day hike on part of the Appalachian Trail. The Trail wound along the crest of the mountains. This late in the season there would be no through-hikers. There might be one or two weekend backpackers, but the most I expected was another day-hiker like us.

"How should I dress," she had asked.

"It looks like it's going to be warm, so shorts and a blouse, runners with socks. Bring along a light jacket and slacks and I'll stuff them in the pack in case it gets cool up on the ridge. I'll carry the daypack with lunch, drinks, and snacks."

As usual, Nan had interpreted my instructions very loosely. She did hand me the slacks and jacket, which I immediately packed before getting in the car. When I swung back behind the wheel, I appraised the rest of her outfit more closely.

She had on a tank top, which might have fit her when she was sixteen. As it was, her C-cups were spilling out of the sides and her nipples were signaling that they were very glad to see me. Her khaki shorts were loose in the leg and her left knee was up on the seat pointing towards me.

"I wanted to make sure and save every ounce of weight so I wouldn't get too tired." She worked out four times a week so I knew that this hike would be easy. "So I cut my clothing to a minimum." With that, she pulled the leg of her shorts to one side exposing her bald beaver to me, unconstrained by any panties.

She teased me with flashes up her shorts and down her top during the whole drive to the trailhead. In fact, when we made the last turn onto the gravel road that would take us the last mile, she pulled her top up and rode with both boobs exposed.

We hiked for about an hour and a half until we came to a spot where several rock outcroppings hung over the side of the valley. It was lunchtime and the sun had swung around just far enough to provide warmth to the stone.

"Jack, this is beautiful," Nan said as I spread a blanket to sit on and a tablecloth for the food. "How far is it over there?"

"The tops of those mountains are in West Virginia. I guesstimate it's about fifty miles, maybe more, as the crow flies."

I popped the cork on a bottle of red wine. Then I pulled out a container of apple slices and a squeezable tube of peanut butter. Afterwards, we had some trail mix for dessert.

"The beauty here is so sensuous," Nan remarked. "And the wine has relaxed me. I think a little rest and some tanning is in order." She pulled her tank top over her head and lay down with her eyes closed.

"Aren't you worried about other hikers?"

"We'll probably hear them coming." She was completely relaxed. Even her nipples had gone to sleep.

About fifteen minutes later we did hear other hikers. They were about twenty feet away when we heard a bush rattle. Nan grabbed her top across her breasts as she jackknifed forward.

"Uhh, hello." Two teenaged boys greeted us on their approach. From the looks on their faces I was sure that they'd gotten a good flash of Nan's boobs.

"Hi," I replied loquaciously.

"Hello, I'm Nan." She stuck out her hand to shake while supporting her modesty with her left arm.

"I'm Jim." He shook her hand first.

"I'm Bill. Pleased to meet you." The second one shook her hand while burning a hole in her covering with his eyeballs.

"We were just relaxing and admiring the view after lunch," Nan said. "Have you boys eaten?" Where had Nan's deep Southern drawl suddenly come from?

"Yes'm. I mean, No'm." Jim elbowed Bill to change the response.

"What he means is that we had a little snack earlier, but not a lot."

"Well, I just know that boys are always hungry. We have some apple left over. Would you like some?" She turned and bent at the waist to pick up the remains of our lunch. I couldn't see myself but I was sure the boys were getting a good look at the side and maybe underside of her right breast. I was looking at how her shorts tightened across that firm gluteus maximus.

"Here, have some of our apple slices." She turned back to them as she straightened up.

When their eyes widened even further, I glanced back at Nan. Her arm had moved to under her breasts, now just barely covered by a loose flap of her top. If she bent over again, they would fall, fully exposed.

Bill and Jim each took some apple, but they fumbled with the pieces. Not looking at what you're doing will cause that.

"It's just so gorgeous up here. I feel like I'm so close to Nature. Don't you?" She continued to prattle on in that simpering voice, but the boys were only catching every third or fourth word. When your blood is pounding in your ears it's hard to hear. The blood that wasn't pounding in their ears was rapidly pooling in their groins, so they were having a difficult time responding coherently. Finally, they finished the entire apple.

"Well, I hope that helps you through your hike." They took the hint and began to move slowly away. As they move to the edge of the clearing, Nan waved at them.

"Bill, Jim. I hope that was a nice treat." She waved too vigorously and one breast popped out and jiggled enticingly on top of her arm. "Oh, my."

She turned her back slowly and then pulled the tank top over her head and down to her waist.

"Well, I think you made their day, month, maybe even year. Weren't you worried that they might try something?"

"With my big, strong man here? How could I ever worry so?" The Southern belle was still in full force.

"Ugh, me Ogg. Me bash in head of rivals."

"Are you my cave man? You'll fight for me? Then act like my cave man! Do me now! Do me here!"

"You want it? Act like it! Suck me first." I pushed her down on her knees with one hand while I pulled the tank top back over her head. "I'll have you dress like a cave woman, too."

I was half hard from watching her tease the boys. In another minute, I was stiff and she was taking me to the root in her mouth. I grabbed her hair and yanked her away.

"Get out of those shorts and show me you're ready for this."

She lay back and stuck her feet in the air pulling off her shorts. Spreading her legs far to each side, she pulled her pussy lips open. "Fuck me here. Fuck me now."

"Not like that. Doggy style. Get on your knees and put your head down." She moved as commanded. I grabbed her hair again and began to stroke in and out. I couldn't contain my lust, and I sped up and began to pound her.

"Yes! Yes! Fuck me hard! Split me open! Do it! Do it, Nowwww!" She went limp as I felt her pussy spasm around my cock. Two more thrusts and I spurted into her.

I had another enjoyable, athletic evening with Nan on Friday. Indoor springboard was my best event.

Saturday night I picked Jean up for a dinner and a movie. We ate a light supper at Applebee's and then to a chick flick. (I have learned over the years that surrender is sometimes the better strategy in the War of the Sexes.)

"Coffee at my place?" Jean asked afterwards.

"Want me to run the babysitter home?" I offered this as we walked onto her front porch.

"No need. Rebecca's spending the night with her best friend down the block."

We made small talk as the coffee brewed. Then we both sat down towards the center of her sofa. Why we had made a full pot, I have no idea. Neither one of us had more than a couple of sips before we were entangled in each other. Arms, legs, and miscellaneous body parts seemed to entwine and meld together.

As the third kiss started, my hands began to wander. Suddenly, I realized that there was no bra strap under her sweater. I momentarily wondered when she had changed because there had been a bra there coming out of the movie. No matter, I slipped my hand to her waist and then back up under her sweater.

As my fingertips felt the swell of her breasts, I spread them out and avoided her nipples. I lightly caressed the tender skin under her arms and across the upper portion of her chest. As her passion mounted, her kisses became more insistent and she thrust her tongue into my mouth.

Finally, I acceded to her unspoken desires and pulled the sweater over her head. I gazed on the dark protuberances and then leaned down to feast.

12