Choices: That Old Flame

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
patricia51
patricia51
1,915 Followers

"I guess I was getting as bad as Ellie. I was already realizing that whatever we might have had in the past I had grown up. I was past those petty games she used to play, that she was playing now. So I wasn't paying much attention until she jerked me back to the conversation with a remark about my 'Sugar Momma'.

"I protested. I told her that you and I were partners; that I was paying my own way through law school. That you were so much more to me than some woman with money.

"She laughed out loud and told me not to misunderstand her. She wasn't criticizing me, she was complimenting me on my cleverness. But when she called you "the old broad" I lost my temper.

"I told her off. I told her that she had no idea what you and I had together, that anything she thought she was didn't compare to you in the slightest. I told her that I finally realized just how self-centered and selfish she was and I would be thanking God every night for the rest of my life that she broke up with me because it allowed me to find you." Lee stopped for an instant. "Then I slapped her and stormed out."

"Goodness baby," murmured Barb. Her heart soared even as she teased her girl. HER girl, all the doubts swept away. "I never knew you were so hard core. I better watch my step."

"You better!" laughed Lee. She sobered. "Sweetheart, you aren't mad at me? I've acted awfully silly over the last couple of weeks."

"Honey, you needed to know. I needed to know. No mater how much I love you, I want YOU to be happy."

Lee dashed unshed tears from her eyes and hugged Barb so rightly the older woman could barely breathe.

"Well, I know now. I know that what I felt for Ellie is nothing but a pale imitation of what I feel for you. And I know that I love you even more for letting me blunder ahead and finding out for myself where my heart lies. With you. Always."

Barb held Lee. There weren't any kisses, there weren't any sexual caresses. But the two of them settled back into the couch wrapped in each other's arms. They snuggled together, holding each other as the evening faded away and they fell asleep right where they wanted to be. Together.

(The End)

patricia51
patricia51
1,915 Followers
12