Cold Fire (Immortal Love Series) 2

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Finally Ashleigh pulled her lips from David's and looked into his eyes with a new feeling -- love. Her lips still tingled from where they had spent so long linked to his; all she could do was smile at him as he looked into her eyes with love. He unhooked his arms from around her as she stood up and brushed herself down, David did the same.

She gave him a quick peck on the lips before speaking, "Come on we should go now. They're probably wondering where we've gone."

The record for the run was set at: 0:57:03

David and Ashleigh finally returned at: 1:45:30

And after a lengthy talk from Mr Hitchcock -- head of Physical Education -- about the dangers of falling behind, or as much of his talk focused on, going elsewhere during class -- once they both had gotten changed again and headed to their respective classes they were both 10 min late.

That earned them both a fifteen minute detention. Nothing a little magic couldn't cure...

David met Ashleigh for lunch as had become the norm in the school cafeteria. As he walked over he became immensely aware of others in the room watching him, he pushed it to the back of his mind and sat beside her holding her hand that rested above on the table top. He leaned over and kissed her cheek causing her to blush, gorgeous, he thought.

David sat in silence as the rest of their miniature gang talked about all subjects of interest. He was listening to two boys talk about some type of game called Call of Duty when he noticed out the corner of his eye Danielle staring at him, he immediately opened his mind for their supernatural link.

I know I told you to not go overboard on the run but you were completely late, what happened?

I was with Ashleigh.

And what you two decided just to stop and walk around the school?

More like stop and kiss -- she kissed me.

He had to stop himself from laughing when he noticed her face drop in surprise. Although audibly no one around the table could hear their talk it did not stop their faces from showing emotions. And from their table it looked as if Danielle had changed from calm and collect to a total shock -- to which she quickly regained her poker face and carried on thinking.

Their particular link worked much the same way as talking, if the person thought in a particular way then their thoughts would have that tone -- so that an angry thought would sound angry to the receiver, but Danielle was not angry -- she was excited. Her thoughts sounded peppy and rushed with a high tone.

She kissed you? O.M.G, that's great!!!!

Can you please stop shouting in my head! And did you just use the phrase: O.M.G? You type that not say it.

Oh David, stop living in the seventeen hundreds.

Hey I liked the seventeen hundreds, times were peaceful and relaxing.

Peaceful?? If I remember correctly you had to go around erasing memories because you killed someone. Oh, that reminds me... I need your help.

Who's memory do you need erasing?

Mr Pools.

The P.E teacher!?

Uh. Yeah...

Fine, but don't think this is over we are going to have a talk later. A real talk.

He closed the link.

David noticed Ashleigh watching him and he turned to look at her.

"What's up?" He asked.

She giggled and squeezed his hand lightly, "You were staring ahead."

"Oh, I was just thinking."

"What about?"

He leaned over again and kissed her cheek, "A certain someone..." He replied slyly.

She giggled and returned the kiss to his cheek, "What about that someone?"

He cupped her cheek in his hand and ran his right hand through her hair, "How much I wanted to do this."

He kissed her on the lips gently before pulling away.

Ashleigh opened her eyes unaware that when she had actually closed them only to look into David's deep brown eyes, slowly she regained her senses and looked around -- everyone at the table was staring at her. Some had their mouths dropped like cod fish, others remained more neutral but watched and Danielle had a wide grin on her face flashing all her white teeth.

"So I guess we can call you a couple?" Danielle practically sang clapping her hands.

Ashleigh leaned over and gave David a small peck on the lips.

"Yeah, I guess so."

Chapter 7: Date night.

"So I'll pick you up around eight?" David asked closing his locker and swinging his arm around Ashleigh's shoulder so they can walk together amongst the crush of students.

Ashleigh just nodded before she unhooked herself from his arm and lightly kissed his lips before turning into her Home Economic class.

"Danielle!! Where is my tie?" David yelled inside his room searching through his wardrobe shuffling through the heap of clothes.

"Have you checked you're draw!?" She yelled back from the downstairs living room.

After a moment of moaning and grumbling to himself he rumbled through his chest of draws and found his black tie crumpled up in the corner amongst his other shirts and clothes.

Fifteen minutes later David strolled down the stairs and into the living room standing in front of the fireplace.

"So how do I look?" He asked giving a spin on the spot.

He wore a prestige black tuxedo. Black trousers, white shirt, black tie and blazer with freshly polished shoes. And to be completely honest the whole suit had been crumpled in the bottom of his wardrobe creased and collecting dust from age -- yet with a little magical perseverance the suit had survived for more than ten years and still fitted his never ageing body. With a quick 'clean me' spell the suit was made presentable with all creases gone and all dirt completely removed.

Danielle gave a long whistle and a short giggle before replying, "Look out Ashleigh."

She giggled, "And if Ashleigh doesn't want her big brother, I wouldn't turn you away." She said as seductively as she could with a wink.

David gave her a stern glare showing that she had overstepped the line -- he was actually quite use to her inappropriate jokes about Ashleigh's and his relationship, he was even used to her making sexual advances towards him but always politely.

She remained quiet but tilted her head to the side lowering her look -- a sign of submission. David have her a curt nod as a sign that no offence was taken.

"Anyways... stay up late if you want and order what you want. You know my account." David said.

Danielle squealed and clapped her hands together like a child with a grin plastered on her face, "Let's see..." she looked at David and winked, "I think I'll have the chicken mala with a Haitian sauce, oh and the peeking duck with every side dish. Then maybe tonight I will have a pizza with extra anchovies and peperoni."

David rolled his eyes at her obvious amusement of having his money but knew that when he checked his bank statement next time there would surely be a large bill to pay for all her food.

"Ok I'm out." He said walking outside the cabin house and breathing in the fresh night air. He turned around and spoke, "Oh and if Simba gets hungry let him out do not feed him again -- that thing has got to lazy -- make him hunt." Danielle nodded, "Good night."

Suddenly she rushed up from the couch and into the kitchen before returning to the door handing him a boutique of roses, "Here, give these to Ashleigh."

"Danni... they're beautiful." He said taking hold of the flowers.

"Well duh. I picked them -- got to know what a girl likes." She said smiling and giving another flirtatious wink.

David rolled his eyes and walked over to his car hidden under a brush of leaves and magically waterproof branches.

David strolled down the path and rang the doorbell to Ashleigh's adopted house. The door opened and an old woman greeted him. She looked around the age of 60 -- 70. Wrinkles lined her face adding some certain softness to her looks, her pale blue eyes looked on with wisdom and care and her white hair flowed down her withered face to her shoulders.

"Can I help you?" She asked in a frail voice.

"I'm here to pick up Ashleigh." David replied standing up straight and presenting himself as courteous as he could.

The old woman smiled and her eyes eased with relax, she invited David in to which he graciously thanked and waited in the living room of the house. The woman gestured for David to sit on the couch but he respectfully declined and stood facing the door to the stairs where Ashleigh would enter, adopting his usual army stance.

Five minutes later Ashleigh walked downstairs smiling as she saw David standing in her home with his mouth slightly open in awe. She never considered herself to be attractive but since she had met David subconsciously she wanted to always look her best for him -- and when he asked her out she wanted to make him eat his own words.

She wore a red flowing dress that perfectly draped over her slim body. The dress had a slim line V neck that stopped just above her generous cleavage yet hugged her waist and cut off above her knees. She wore two inch heels.

"You looked beautiful." David said stunned at his gorgeous sister.

He presented his flowers to which she accepted and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

After a brief talk with her adopted mother the two siblings finally clamoured into David's car (yes, he opened the door for her being the gentleman he is).

David had already booked a reservation at Hugo's -- once of the most expensive and fanciest restaurants in the country. They arrived at the restaurant at precisely 8:32p.m. and after the valet had taken the car David walked Ashleigh inside to be greeted by the maître d.

"Ah. Mr Valentine. You're table has been prepared along with your requests." The man spoke with a heavy French accent but in perfect English. He wore a tuxedo just like David except with a bow tie instead of a tie -- Ashleigh preferred a tie.

"Merci, pour vous." David said in perfect French while slipping the man a £50 note.

The maître d nodded and walked the two siblings to their table.

Per David's request the table had been fitted with two candles and a vase of red roses that Ashleigh loved. All in all the amount of money he spent for the single date was more along the lines of £5,000. He had personally arranged for the restaurant to provide a waiter that was only for them all night.

David pulled out Ashleigh's chair for her to sit down and took his chair beside her. He held her hand and gave her a passionate kiss.

Just as Ashleigh parted her lips more they were interrupted by a polite cough from the waiter. The man was dressed like all the other waiters with black trousers and a white shirt and black tie. His facial features were handsome enough that if he wasn't a waiter at such a prestigious restaurant he could have had a fairly good career as a model.

"Good night. I am your waiter for the night, have you had time to order?" The man spoke with no discernible accent.

"Yes thank you." David replied breaking off with the kiss and looking at the waiter, "Ashleigh?"

"Thank you. I will have the duck in marionette sauce." She said folding her menu and passing it to the waiter.

"And I shall have the chicken with steamed vegetables." David said repeating what Ashleigh had done and passed the folded menu to the waiter.

The waiter bowed before walking away.

David looked behind Ashleigh for a moment only to spot a waiter staring right at them, there was something unnerving about how the man watched them both with an intense glare. Then he noticed the eyes -- pure white. Shit.

"Will you excuse me for a second? I need to use the restroom." David politely excused himself giving her a quick kiss on the cheek before heading towards the man with white eyes. Luckily the busyness of the restaurant provided the perfect cover for David as he roughly grabbed the man's arm and pulled him into the mens' rest room.

"I have a message." The man said in a gruff voice with cold emotionless words.

"Go on." David nodded releasing his grip on his arm.

"Return the book." The man spoke looking directly in David's eyes.

"What--" David was cut off.

The man whipped his arm to behind his back and brought out a silver tipped knife before holding the knife to his own throat and slicing at the skin. Skin, muscle and cartilage tore away from his throat exposing a gaping hole as the man's head lolled backwards and he collapsed to the floor suffocating, no blood spilled.

The man's body disintegrated to dust before blowing away out of the partially opened window.

David left the rest room and re-joined Ashleigh at the table, he smiled at her and she smiled back.

"So how did you afford all this?" Ashleigh asked while holding his warm hand.

David shrugged, "I have a lot of money, and my parents left me with a gift."

Ashleigh opened her mouth to ask more about what he meant but throught about nt knowing her real parents -- did David remember his? Perhaps it was too touchy a subject to bring up... she closed her mouth and let the subject hang. They had a pleasant conversation about generalities until the witer arrived.

Finally the waiter arrived holding a platter in his hand with two plates of food; he placed one in front of David and the other Ashleigh.

The two siblings enjoyed a peaceful night of each other's company, just talking about each other.

When the meal was finished David tipped the waiter 500% and they both left the restaurant to the car the valet had returned. Once inside the car Ashleigh leaned over the centre column and planted a passionate kiss on David's lips.

"Thank you for a wonderful night." She said dreamily kissing him again.

"The night isn't over just yet." He replied grinning.

Ashleigh gave him a questioning look but remained silent.

After what seemed like many turns and a long drive David pulled up to an old building possibly Victorian in architect. An imposing feat of stone that rose high and wide. Two gargoyle statues sat on perches over-watching ahead like demonic guards ready to come to life and pounce -- and because of a little magic they would if David or Ashleigh were in serious enough danger.

Ashleigh followed David into the building and through a wooden door in the side wall, up a flight of stairs and onto the roof with the night stars looking down at them. David lay on the stone floor on his back looking up at the stars, Ashleigh lay beside him.

"I remember when this place was first built." David said knowing exactly the implications of what he had just said.

Ashleigh remained quiet at what he said but questioned what he meant -- maybe the building wasn't as old as she thought but made to look so? Maybe he went when he was younger and got confused?

David continued propping up on one elbow to look at Ashleigh as she gazed at the stars, "I always thought it was so peaceful here. Just to lay back and watch the stars." And he lay back staring at the twinkling diamonds floating in the heavens above.

David cast a small hologram spell against the stars so that it appeared as if a shooting star flew past, he pointed to it to Ashleigh, "Make a wish." He said kissing her cheek.

"I already have everything I want." She replied lying on her side facing David as they hugged against each other and kissed passionately. She parted her lips slightly as an open invitation for David to slip in his tongue. He did as she did to him.

After seemingly an hour of kissing beneath the stars the two siblings drove back home. He decided it would be a good night to show Ashleigh his home -- their home. He had already pre-arranged with Danielle to not be in when they get back. As he drove through the trees he noticed Ashleigh sit uncomfortably in her seat. He set a weak relaxation spell over her to calm her nerves before parking the car under his homemade magically enhanced cover.

Ashleigh followed David into his home. It seemed a small cabin home, a walk-in kitchen area with a stove and whistle kettle on top. A fireplace and mantle with an old clock above, a wooden coffee table on a rug in front of a long three seated couch. The cabin didn't even have a TV. But her eyes widened in terror when she spotted Simba.

The 120lb mountain lion lay sprawled out in front of the blaring fireplace. His eyes were closed and his chest rose and fell rhythmically telling he was asleep. He gave a small growl when he opened his eyes and spotted Ashleigh -- who slowly backed away to the door.

"Simba quiet!" David growled while walking towards Ashleigh who cowered near the door.

One look at the fear in her eyes was enough to break his heart -- that nightmare memory of when she was cowered against a tree trying not to be killed or worst against the men in the woods. He cast a stronger relaxation spell that calmed her down but did nothing for the fear she felt.

"It's ok." He soothed her holding her hand and walking forward closer to Simba who had awoken and stalked closer to Ashleigh and David.

Holding her hand he held it out towards Simba who sniffed her scent, recognising the blood that David shared before rubbing his head along her fingers. Ashleigh gave a nervous laugh as the soft fur of a mountain lion rubbed through her fingers. Seeing the beast nuzzle her washed away all her fear and when she looked at David to see him smiling she laughed gleefully. Somewhere along the line David had removed his hand holding hers and she found herself stroking the lions head without assistance.

"You have a lion as a pet?" she laughed.

David chuckled and shrugged, "I suppose -- I see him more as a brother than a pet. That sad?"

Ashleigh giggled and held her hand in front of her holding her thumb and finger millimetres apart, "Just a bit."

David laughed and re-took hold of her hand, "Come on let me show you around."

He took her upstairs to her old room, "This is where you can stay tonight."

He gave Ashleigh a chance to check out her room, her own room. The room had all the necessities such as a bed and chest of draws but missed the more personal touches such as a TV, posters, even teddies. Eventually he took her to his room.

"And this is my room if you want anything just knock." He said.

After a brief tour of the house utilities such as the rest room and shower room Ashleigh and David finally collapsed back on the couch for the night. The two siblings snuggled into each other with Ashleigh laying her head on David's shoulder.

"So what are we supposed to do?" She asked watching the flickering flames of the fire.

David shrugged, "What do you mean?"

"Like you have no T.V.?"

"Read, think, sometimes I go out with Simba for walks."

"Oh." She said. She had no books to read so that was out the question. Nor did she want to just sit and stare thinking for the night, and as for walking in the woods at night -- even with a mountain lion -- forget about it.

David sensed her discomfort, "I do have a T.V. if you want to watch something."

"Sorry." She said lowly, "You must think I'm too city-like that I can't go without a T.V."

"No." He replied brushing her off and kissing her lips, "I guess it must be pretty boring for you."

"Back in a sec." He said getting up and walking behind the couch to a door.

Literally within seconds he came out the room holding a 50" LCD plasma T.V. He set the T.V. up facing the couch and plugged the machine in. He sat back down with Ashleigh passing her the remote.

"Here, what you want to watch?" He asked.

Ashleigh flicked on the remote but the T.V screen was still blank.

"It's not working." She said repeatedly pressing the channel up button on the remote.

David chuckled, "You have to say what you want to watch before you click enter."

"So there's no browse?"

"Sure." He said holding the remote and pressing a button, the T.V. flickered to life. "You just have to press this button here."