Command and Vanquish Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
kaitlynB
kaitlynB
68 Followers

"Isabella?" Rayth interrupted.

The young man looked down. "We couldn't find her, Sir, when we made the push in. But we're still sorting the bodies out, and processing the prisoners."

Rayth rubbed his dirty face with an even dirtier hand. "Alright. Find me right away when you can tell me who's who."

"Sir! Sir, someone's coming!" called one of the soldiers cleaning up.

Rayth stared in the direction of the approach, "Who is that?"

"It looks like a messenger boy, coming up over the hill...Boy! Stop! State your business!"

The boy kept running towards them, and the soldiers drew their swords. Then they faintly heard, "It's me! It's me Benny! I'm with you guys! I'm Benny from Pangain!"

"Oh my goodness..." Rayth said, staring shocked and happy. "OH MY GOODNESS!" He raced towards the small boy and swung him happily into his arms, hugging him tightly. "I can't believe this! Benny, we were so worried! I'm so glad you're safe!"

"Rayth, quick, we have to save Isabella!" the boy cried, "She helped me escape, but we have to get to her before they do something awful! They already hurt her..."

Rayth set Benito down, and looked at him seriously, "Where is she?"

"Not far, it took me half a day to get from there to here."

*********

Isabella found some supplies at the prison and quickly chopped off most of her hair, as a field slave might do. Then finding an old blanket, she cut arm holes and one for her head, draping it around her in a pitiful garment. "No one could confuse me for a Princess," she thought, pleased with her clever disguise. Gathering a few supplies, she ran out of the prison, deeper into Espinan, to wait out the Pangain attack. When it was over, she would beg Jem to spare her life.

*********

Alenya was cooking a meal for herself in the small apartment set aside for her on Rayth's property. She spent most of her days trying to help care for his family's estate, but as they had most of the staff they needed before she came, she was allowed much free time and liberty. Her apartment was small but quaint, sparsely furnished but nicely decorated. The meal she was cooking was almost done, and the aroma saturated the room.

A knock came to her door. She was surprised; she never had any visitors. Cautiously, she pulled open the door a crack, and peeked out. Panic overtook her face, and she gasped.

Prince Jaimeth stood outside her door with his quintessential grin on his face.

"Little slave, it isn't very nice to keep such esteemed guests waiting outside," he called through the crack. Her stomach sank; Rayth wasn't there to help her. Why, she wondered, why did he have to come here?

She closed her eyes, opened the door, and knelt abjectly on the floor. Jem, Navin, and 5 other guards let themselves in, stepping over her body.

"Sir, something sure does smell good," said one of the guards.

"She must take care of herself nicely," remarked another.

Jem walked around the whole apartment as if he were assessing it, and the others did the same. "Nice place you've got. All earned from sucking Rayth's cock? You must be good."

Alenya trembled. Was he here to take her body?

Navin grinned crookedly and playfully slapped Jem's arm. "Sir," he whispered smiling, "What are you doing?"

"Sorry," Jem whispered back. "Force of habit, something I need to work on. Alenya!" he called, "Come in here." Jem sat comfortably on her couch and spread his legs. Thinking Jem was there for sexual gratification, she knelt between his feet. All the guards laughed, and Jem sat up a bit. "No, no, you can't do any better for yourself by sucking me off." He narrowed his eyes playfully. "What'cha cookin'?"

"A stew, Master."

"Hmm...we are all awful hungry. Serve us."

She tensed, "Master, I apologize to you profusely, but I only made enough for one person."

"Serve me, then," he said, smiling. She left the room, not noticing the soldiers had carried some packages into her house. She returned with the stew, and knelt, offering it to Jem.

He couldn't stop grinning as he tasted it. "Mmm...girl, you're good. This is simply wonderful." He finished the whole bowl, and handed it empty back to her. "Thank you." She took the bowl to the kitchen, and returned to him.

"Well, I did say we were all hungry. Luckily, I brought lots of prepared food with me. Boys," he addressed his guards, "Lay out the feast our cooks made for us and Alenya. Alenya, make sure you get your fill. This is a business dinner, since I have some business I want to discuss with you."

The guards started laying out all kinds of foods, passing around dishes and beginning to help themselves. Alenya though it was a trap, and refused to take a plate that was offered to her.

"No seriously, Alenya," Navin said, grinning, "go ahead, none of us are going to hurt you for anything at all you do." Cautiously eyeing the guards, she took the plate, and slowly, carefully, started filling it with food. The other guards were already eating.

"Girl," Jem began, "this is a celebration. You've been a very good slave, and you've been very good to my friend. Even now, the way you served me your own meal, no question, is impressive. You're a credit to slaves, and I'm sort of sad to see you lose your slave status."

She looked at him shocked, wondering what in the world he was talking about.

"Alenya, look at me." She looked up, worried. "Alenya...from right now forward, you are no longer the slave of Lord Rayth." His face took on complete sincerity and kindness, something she'd never seen before; it sort of worried her. "You'll never have another Master again. As long as you're in Pangain, you're free. I'm giving you your freedom."

A wave of exhilaration coursed through her, and she kept waiting for him to let her down by telling her he was joking. But he didn't! He smiled warmly, "Don't look so shocked, I am very serious. Please, stand. Free women, while remaining respectful to me, don't have to stay on the floor like that."

She stammered, "Master, if you don't mind..." He stopped her, a huge smile on his face, "Don't call me Master. Sir works just fine." She smiled, tears welling in her eyes, "Sir, I'm more comfortable on the floor when you're here...may I stay down here?"

"You may do whatever you want." He looked so kind; who was this?!

"Alenya," asked Navin, "do you have any family around that you would want to live with, or that would finance your transition?"

"No Sir, I have no family, and no money..."

"Consider me, then, your family," Jem interrupted. "I'm confiscating this apartment from Rayth and giving it to you." This made the guards laugh; they knew Rayth wouldn't mind. "Also, as your family... from now on, anything you need, clothes, food, or hell even jewelry... you need only ask me, and you'll have it. You will be welcome in Royal Square any time." Jem's face looked very very sad for a moment as he said, "You'll be to Rayth what Isabella was to me. Do you understand?"

Alenya stood, and looked at Jem's face. She saw the pain, and understood all too well. For some strange reason, the man she once feared more than any other person, she slowly approached, then feeling oddly natural, she leaned over and gave him a firmly embracing hug. He understood that she understood, and held her tightly. The two, former Master and slave, held each other sharing a mutual love for both Rayth and Isabella.

"Come to Princes' Hall with us," Jem finally said. "We came to escort you back. Rayth will be returning in a matter of days," he smiled slyly, "and you're his welcome home present, from me to him. Come on, let's get you home and find something nice for you to wear."

*********

Rayth and a host of soldiers followed Benny into the prison. It was completely empty and abandon to their dismay.

"Rayth..." said Benny, looking worried, "her cell was right down there; right across from mine."

Several of the soldiers searched every single cell.

"Sir!" One of them called from the end. "All the cells are open and empty! There's no one here!"

A look of fear overtook Rayth and Benito. They both moved down the hallways, frantically searching themselves for any signs of Isabella.

"Her cell was right here," said Benito, pointing to the open, empty cell.

"Sir, if the cell's open...they must have let her out."

Rayth bit his lower lip, fearing the worst. "If they captured her the way they did...I doubt they let her out from the goodness of their heart." He looked at the faces of his soldiers; no one looked very hopeful. "Maybe they moved her to another prison, one further in."

"Sir, no one from the palace would have ordered that...they were under siege, and now dead. The prison guards are the only ones who would have made a decision."

Rayth lowered his eyes, then looked over their faces. He could read from them all: they all believed her to be dead. "Fuck," he spat. He rubbed his hair. "Well... we'll keep looking for her. Everyone, keep their eyes sharp. I need to get Prince Benito back to Royal Square, and report to Prince Jaimeth."

Rayth looked around the empty prison one last time, sadness and anxiety in his eyes. "Fuck."

*********

Isabella had run for days, trying to stay off the roads. The Pangain army was advancing quickly, however, confiscating territory to give to loyalists at home. They were annexing Espinan; the royal family was dead, and Espinan nobility that resisted was either imprisoned or executed. Prince Jaimeth had the leeway of the Queen to do with Espinan as he wished; the Queen was ailing, and no one was sure how much longer she had left.

Try as she may, Pangain soldiers were soon everywhere. It wasn't long before one of the patrols stopped her.

"Stop girl! Where are you going?" said one of the patrolmen on horseback.

"I'm...I'm going home to my Master..." she stammered, her accent evidencing her origins.

"And who is your Master, slave?" another demanded. She had been a Princess of Espinan; she knew the nobility, and gave them the first Lord's name that she could think of.

The soldiers checked through a list, then one of them laughed. "All of his territory now belongs to Pangain. Slave! You now belong to us."

Two of them jumped off their horses, wrestled her to the ground, and bound her hands behind her back. She struggled, but knew that if they thought she was a slave, they would spare her life. If the order she saw was true, they would kill her if they found out she was an Espinan Princess.

"Ooooh, she's a feisty one" said one of the men tying her. He rubbed his hands along her thighs, "I'd like to get a taste of a spicy little Espinan bitch!"

"Come on, we can do that later. Let's get her assigned to a lot for right now. Prince Jaimeth wants the territories ready to go, fully equipped with slaves when he starts handing them out."

Isabella's heart twisted at the mention of his name.

*********

Rayth rode close to Princes Hall with Benito in front of him on the same horse. Rayth was thrilled to have the young Prince back, and was terribly excited to see the look on the faces of the royal family. But at the same time, Rayth's heart was heavy. He had to break the bad news about Isabella to Jem.

Rayth smiled and leaned in to Benito, "So, how do you want to tell your family you're back? Do you want me to sneak you in, and you can surprise them, or should I ride this horse right through the halls and make a spectacle?"

Benny laughed, "I was just going to go inside with you, but I like the horse idea!"

Rayth laughed too, "Alright then, it's settled."

Benito leaned back against Rayth. "Rayth? Do you think Jem's mad at me?"

Rayth's face crinkled, "Benny, why would he be mad at you?"

"Because I didn't do anything to stop from being kidnapped. I wasn't able to be strong like he wants me to."

Rayth's deep voice vibrated in a chuckle. "Good gracious, Benny, there was nothing any of us could do about that. Trust me, Jem feels worse about letting it happen to you than anyone, he doesn't blame you. And when the stories come about how you escaped all on your own, and made it all the way back to us? You're a hero."

Benito beamed, "Really?"

"Absolutely. Can I tell you a secret? If Jem would have been the one kidnapped, I'm sure we'd STILL be on a rescue mission for his sorry butt."

Benito laughed, "thanks Rayth."

"You betcha." They came in sight of Prince's Hall. Rayth called out to the guards, "Open the gate!" he leaned into Benito, "ready? This will be awesome...hold on!" Rayth rode the horse right into the Hall.

*********

All the screaming, running, jumping, and hugging that ensued couldn't be stopped as bodies (and a horse) tangled together! Jem had grabbed onto Benny and wouldn't let go, even as his other family members crowded around him, as did all the servants, slaves, guards, and visitors. Never was anyone happier, and tears flowed from everyone freely.

Jem set Benny on the floor, but wouldn't let go of him, hugging him tightly as he told him, "Benny, please, stay with me from now on. I want you with me, all the time."

Sonia pouted, "But Jem, I haven't played with him in so long!"

"Come on then, baby girl, come with me too!"

Lillian, old as she was, mocked Sonia and put on a pouting face as well. "But Jem, I want to play with you guys too!"

Jem threw his head back and laughed, in too good a mood to argue. His face was lit up as he said, "Fine, how about we all move like a giant amoeba from now on, never leaving each other's sight!"

Lillian kissed Jem then Benito on the cheek. "I'm going to tell our grandmother, then set up a welcome home dinner. Benny looks like he needs a dessert buffet to rebuild all the weight he's lost!" She took off.

Rayth let the family enjoy themselves in private; he stood in the background and watched. Only after the hugging and tears reduced to a happy euphoria did Rayth step forward, half smiling and said, "Jem...do you want to wait until tomorrow to look over the reports I brought?"

Jem and Rayth have been reading each other's facial expressions for too many years. What Jem read in Rayth's face put an immediate damper on the happy reunion. "I, um, suppose we'd better look at them now. Sonia, stay here with Benito, just for a bit."

Rayth and Jem stepped into a private room, and Jem asked, "Tell me...what's wrong?"

"Jem...we did what you'd asked, the castle's destroyed. The rubble is barely recognizable. All of the royal family has been executed."

Jem's face blanched. "Isabella? Do you know what's happened to her?"

Rayth couldn't look at Jem. "No. Benito was in the same prison she was. When we checked the prison, it was completely empty. Most of the Espinan soldiers had run off; they abandon the royal family and renounced the protection of their country. If they took Iz..."

A lump formed in Jem's throat, "Well...could they have moved her? Maybe moved her to the palace before you got there?"

"There were people still inside when we brought down the walls. Some of them...well, we don't know who some of them are. The, uh...rocks falling severely disfigured those who stayed inside. We don't know who all was in there...most of the men came out to fight. We've confirmed kill of the queen...but she's one of the only women we can...we can recognize the features of."

Jem grabbed Rayth's shoulders, holding himself up. "I've dreamt of this...nightmares... of this happening," Jem said quietly. "But I never really believed it. I thought she'd be okay...she'd come walking down the road, we'd rescue her with open arms, and you'd bring her home to me" he slumped to the ground, and Rayth helped him to get seated. "I don't know if I can go on without her. Rayth...do you think...?"

Rayth shook his head softly, "Jem, I just don't know. I don't know where else she'd be. We haven't taken full control over the Espinan yet, but we're steadily pushing our way towards it. We'll be asking for information, looking for her...but no one has any leads so far."

Panic waved through Jem, but he said, "we'll keep our eyes open. Maybe she ran and hid...maybe she's... I just want to know, um... where she is, one way or the other."

Rayth nodded, "me too."

Jem sat there, somewhat shocked. "Rayth...you're my best friend...but please, I'd like a few moments alone. Oh, um, while you've been gone...there's a package for you in your room. I wanted to thank you for everything you've put into this war... and for always being there for me."

"Jem..." Rayth was at a loss for words. Seeing Jem like this, there was not much comfort he could give. "Thank you, Jem. I'll be in my room. Call for me if you need me." He left.

Jem sat stunned on the floor and said to himself, "what have I done?"

*********

"Slave, number 59701!" The Pangain soldiers who had occupied Espinan were assigning slaves to the new properties they had taken. "Lot 25! Slave, number 59702! Lot number 56! Slave, number 59703! Lot..."

Isabella waited in a long line. So many slaves, so many of her former countrymen. They all looked so poor, so dejected. Their life would not be easy under the Pangains. The Espinans were bad, but they weren't terribly rich: they valued their property such as slaves. The Pangains were far more wealthy; slaves were more expendable. A slave could easily be whipped to death by a Pangain Lord, and he could simply buy a new one the next morning.

"Slave, number 59709!" Isabella inched forward in the line, waiting to receive her assignment. Should she allow this to happen? She debated rushing forward and telling the Pangain soldiers her identity. But, she rethought that idea. Look at her, chopped hair, wearing rags, in a slave line. Who would believe that she was the beloved of Prince Jaimeth, powerful, rich, and handsome? She trudged on. It was her turn.

"Slave, number 59714! Lot number 01!" A random assignment, but she smiled. Many slaves were being assigned to Lot 1. She surmised that Lot 1 was for someone very rich, someone very special in Pangain. Perhaps she would recognize him from a dinner party, and he could help her.

*********

The guards at Rayth's door were smiling largely; one of the knelt to greet him while the other pulled his door open. "Sir! Welcome home!"

Rayth smiled and slapped him on his back, "Thanks, it's nice to be back. Damn, I need a bath!"

He was still somewhat laughing when he walked in, then abruptly stopped dead. There was a girl standing in the middle of his floor. He was sort of confused, wondering why a rich noblewoman was in his room. Narrowing his eyes, he looked more closely at the beautiful, sweet face smiling back at him...he almost lost his mind.

"A...Alenya?!" he rushed over to her, not sure if he should be happy or frightened. He embraced her, and held her tightly, his face in shock. "My darling, what are you doing here? I didn't call for you? If Jem finds out...Wait...why are you dressed like this? Someone might..."

"Sshhh...darling," she smiled and whispered in his ear. "You worry too much." In honesty, she was frightened a bit herself. He loved her as a slave; would he even want her if she were free?

He pulled her away from him, gripping her arms, "What is this?"

She looked at him cautiously in the eye and said, "Rayth..." she melted in a smile, saying his name openly and freely, "Prince Jaimeth has set me free for you. He brought me here as a free woman, but still belonging with you."

He didn't believe it: shock and denial. "Come again? You're...you're here because... wait, has Jem hurt you?"

Tears somewhat welled in Alenya's eyes as too many emotions stirred together for her to sort. "N...no. Um, Prince Jaimeth has been very kind to me. I almost don't understand it, but anything I've needed or wanted, he's given to me. This dress," she smiled down and smoothed her clothes, then touched her hair, "my hair, my jewelry...everything I have he gave me, so I would look nice for you," she finished impishly.

kaitlynB
kaitlynB
68 Followers