Consequences - Shannon Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
thecelt
thecelt
2,517 Followers

It was two days later when I got the message from Charles. It was simple: "call me". That was all but it was enough to make my heart start to beat faster and my blood to heat. I dropped my work on the counter and called immediately.

"Charles, it's me. Shannon. I got your message."

"Can you come now? I'll have the car there in ten minutes."

"Yes, yes, I will. I'll be waiting."

He hung up and I raced around, washing my face and changing my clothes, ready for another wonderful evening of soul satisfying sex with a very attractive man. I had no hesitation this time and I didn't even try to fool myself into thinking it would be innocent fun. I knew exactly what I was going for and I felt no guilt. I had convinced myself that Stan would never know and when he came home, it would be him and no one else ever again. So this was a last chance to enjoy what Charles could give me. I heard that voice inside me that screamed to me to think of what I was doing but I buried it with my rationalizations. This was the last time!

I was ready when the car arrived. It seemed that the trip to Charles went by almost without thought. I was there! I waited for the driver to open the door and escort me back into that world of unbridled sex and unbearable pleasure. I almost ran up the steps and threw open the door myself without waiting. Charles was sitting there, almost exactly where he was the first time I entered. I ran to him to throw my arms around him and cover his face with kisses, almost like a teenager with her first love. But love was not on my mind.

I was surprised when Charles didn't return my caresses. I backed away and looked at him in question. He returned my look with one that I could only describe as sad. He refused to meet my eyes and stood, motioning me to a seat. I took one and waited, wondering what had gone wrong. Charles walked over to a drawer and took out an envelope. He returned to the table and sat heavily.

As he pushed the envelope toward me, he spoke.

"These are divorce papers from Stanley Mallard, your husband. I was instructed to give these to you tonight. They contain the terms of the settlement and the reason for divorce. In order to spare you any embarrassment, the cause is 'Irreconcilable Differences'. The terms are quite fair but come with a warning that if you contest the divorce, the terms will be modified to include Infidelity."

I was stunned! How did Charles get these papers and how did he contact Stan? What was this about? What had he done? I was shaking with suppressed fear and horror. What had he done!"

"Charles? What is this about? How did you get these? Have you talked to Stan? Where is he and why is he not contacting me directly? What's going on?"

Charles didn't answer. He sat there with his head hanging and said nothing. I had to know! This was not going to happen! I couldn't let this happen!

I leaned over the table and screamed at him. "Damn you Charles! Answer me! What is this all about and how did you get these divorce papers."

Charles slowly raised his face but wouldn't look directly at me. "I've known your husband for many years. He contacted me here at my home and was concerned about you and your honesty. We talked about it and he suggested I try to seduce you. If you could resist my 'charms', he believed he would be able to trust you again. I have a reputation of being,. . . irresistible; perhaps too much so. I am wealthy, good looking, or so I've been assured by many women, and I have a certain charm and grace. I agreed to attempt to seduce you since you are, as I said, a very beautiful woman. I'm sorry that we enjoyed each other so much since you have to pay a very heavy price for it."

I understood now what that little voice in the back of my mind had been trying to tell me. It warned me that Charles was dangerous. I didn't listen! I had no excuse except frustration with Stan. But I was married and I had made a promise. Twice! Once when we were married and the second time when I betrayed that first promise. I promised him before he left me that I would be faithful and never betray him again. I failed both times. It was my own fault that my marriage was over. I had betrayed my husband once and after learning the consequences, I did it again, in spite of them.

I was defeated. I had brought this on myself with my rationalizations and my lack of will. Charles was only a tool and a sharp one at that. "Will you please have your car take me home?"

"Wouldn't you like to stay now anyway? We could still enjoy each other. It won't affect your marriage now."

I was amazed at his gall, his absolute and utter gall. "No thank you. I just want to go home. Please let me go."

Charles nodded, left and the car arrived a few minutes later. This time I walked down the steps alone. The driver waited with the door open and no expression on his face. I entered and he drove me back to my empty house. I now knew it would remain empty, just like my heart. I had betrayed my husband and this was the price.

Exactly one year from the day Stan left me, the final decree ending my marriage arrived at my door. Stan was the one who delivered it to me. He handed me the package, smiled at me with sadness then turned and left without a word. Right to the very end, he had kept his promise.

Consequences are a bitch!

thecelt
thecelt
2,517 Followers
12