Corridors of Power Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Stop it...you are not imposing. Don't worry, I have enough fuel in the car. I'll drop you; you just sit comfortably and relax." He said.

"Hehe..thanks Mr. Singh." I replied as I rested against the soft leather seats of the car. Mr. Singh asked me my address and then ordered his driver to take us there.

The drive back to my place was quite long. I and Mr. Singh indulged in small talk and he recalled the times and the days when he worked with my father. As he recalled the glory days, I noticed that beyond his smile and suave manners, something very discomforting. I looked at him for a while, the whole time maintaining the charade of a girl charmed off her feet to gauge what he was up to.

A few seconds later it hit me. He was't the typical lecherous man but a stealthy cat. He was checking me out! I noticed his subtle glances at my body when he thought I wasn't looking. And why wouldn't he? I was a beautiful, young girl who at the moment was wearing a body hugging dress which accentuated the curves of her fresh 23 year old body.

This fresh supple body which had been devoured by a couple of boys and men in the past and which many would want to devour at present, was now the centre of attraction of a man as powerful and prominent as Mr. Singh, even though he made all attempts to hide his attraction.

"There you are Mira. Is that the building you live in?" He asked me as the car stopped in front of my apartment building.

"Yes...I live on the 5th floor." I replied as I opened the door. Before stepping out of the car, I extended my hand towards him for a shake and he too reciprocated. Minutes ago I had realised how he was admiring my beautiful body and this hand shake after the realisation sent a shiver up my spine. I felt his large hands almost completely engulf my tiny little hand and he squeezed it gently and shook a couple of times.

"I hope you do go to the person I just told you about. If you need anything else, this is my card; feel free to call me anytime on my personal line." He said and handed over me his business card.

I thanked him again and stepped out of the car and started walking into my building. Even though I didn't turn back to see him, I could feel his gaze on my supple, tight butt, the shapely thighs below and the thin,delicate waist above. Just the thought made me shudder in pleasure. I turned back and waved him goodbye and he left.

I had this man hooked on to me like a drug. I could just see in his eyes the intentions to do the most nasty carnal things to me. This wasn't the first time I had been subjected to such looks but it was the first time a man of his stature was desiring a girl like me.

Uday Singh was not just a seasoned politician but a well cultured suave man. Born with a silver spoon to an erstwhile royal family, his father too was a prominent political figure of his time. Raised in castles and mansions of royalty and educated in Oxford and Harvard Law School and worked in organisations of international repute in various important positions; Uday returned to India after his father's death almost 10 years ago.

His father and their family legacy was such that he didn't need time to climb up the political ladder. He had it all working out for him; a mighty political legacy, high credentials of education and international exposure and most importantly the support of most caste and community. He was elected to the Parliament from his father's seat and was soon made a minister. In a decade old political career he went from being a novice to a political guru and becoming a defence minister of the country, his rapid ascent through the complex labyrinths of politics in India was impressive and was closely followed by the media.

Apart from his political interest, Uday Singh also controlled a vast business empire and by some estimates, his net worth was Rs. 300 crore. He also was the apple of the eye of the fashion and media industry. His charming looks, his impressive physique and stature made him a hit with women and he regularly featured in women's and fashion magazines across the country. For a man who was on the wrong side of the 40's, he was giving the most promising models a run for their money.

Standing 6'2", his height itself was very impressive. From one look at him, one couldn't accurately make out his age. For a man in his late 40's, he was amazingly fit with no ounce of fat around his belly. He was known for being a obsessive gym freak and was known to run marathons.

It wasn't just his looks and and power, it was just the way he talked. The sophistication and eloquence in his speech was remarkable. He spoke like a true British educated gentleman, his accent itself was a turn on and his command over English was impeccable.

He was the Defence Minister for 3 years before his government collapsed from a no confidence motion put forth by a united opposition. His party lost the motion and the opposition stitched together a loose alliance to form the government. Even though he had lost his ministry, he hadn't lost his power as he became a prominent leader of the new opposition.

This man who seemed remarkable had a spark in his eyes when he was looking at me and that gave me a tingle. Did he offer me help with getting a job due his old connections with my dad or was it a reason to get close to me? I wondered about all this as I made my way to my apartment and decided to sleep over it.

-------

"I am here to meet the Editor in Chief" I told the receptionist who politely asked me to sit on the couch in the lobby. I saw her calling someone and a couple of minutes later she asked me to walk inside the office and walk to the corner office.

I knocked on the door and was asked to come in. I stepped into a swanky office of the editor in chief of one of the most influential and widely read newspapers in the country. His office was very well decorated with royal colour schemes on the walls with a large glass desk in the middle of the room.

One wall was covered in trophies which I guessed were earned over a remarkably long career and there was one wall covered with photos of him with the most influential personalities from around the world.

For a person who appeared to be influential, the man himself wasn't. He was sitting in his chair but one could clearly guess he was fat and short with a rapidly balding head. Glasses rested over his large nose and I could smell the stench of cigarettes from 5 feet away. But still, being a journalist he was a sort of a hero for me.

Rising during the most turbulent political times in the country, he had risen to become a force himself and his persona and attitude itself displayed it.

"You are Mira Chauhan right?" He asked me peeking at me through his thick glasses.

"Yes Sir." I replied standing behind the chair. I was dressed for an interview, wearing a black pant suit and a white shirt under.

"Sit...Mr. Singh has referred you." He said as he looked into the computer.

"Yes." Was all I could say a the moment.

"Give me you CV." He said as he extended his arm all the while staring at the computer. I silently handed him the folder containing my CV and other credentials.

He looked at my CV, reading it carefully before looking at me and then again looking down at the CV. He nodded his head a couple of times as he read my academic history before picking up the telephone.

"Send Manisha." He simply ordered the person on the other side and kept the phone down. A woman who I guessed was Manisha walked inside the office a minute latter.

"This is Ms. Mira Chauhan. She will work with us from tomorrow. Get her joining formalities done." He ordered Manisha.

I watched stunned as not a single question was asked to me as to why I should be hired. I was hired straight away. I was pleasantly surprised and also found it a little insulting but what the heck! I thought and thanked my new boss before walking out of his office.

After trying hard for a year through the college and outside the college, I got a job on the word of just one man. This was the first time I truly realised the weight which Mr. Uday Singh carried and I was thoroughly impressed.

A couple of hours later I walked out of the office with the appointment letter to my new job. I was happy; happy would be an understatement I was ecstatic. My first job was going to be in the news paper I had always dreamed of.

As I was walking down the street, my cellphone rang. It was an unknown number which I generally avoided attending but today, what the heck, so I picked it up.

"Hello Mira...This is Uday." I heard his baritone voice at the other end.

"Hiii...Thank you so much...so much for the job sir. I will always be indebted to you for this gesture." I almost squealed through the phone. I was sure he must have pushed the phone away hearing my loud, high pitched voice.

"Hahaha...The pleasure is all mine." He replied, amused at my reaction.

"This calls for a celebration Mira." He said.

"Sure...just tell me when and where." I said without thinking about it for a second.

"Ohh..well...how about at the Taj in an hour?" He asked.

"Uhhh...ohh...okay." I replied, completely bowled over by his offer. In the heat of excitement I had offered to meet him, not expecting him to be serious at all but he actually was.

"Good...where are you right now?" He asked.

"Uhhh...just a couple of blocks away from the media house." I replied and looked around. I felt as if he had eyes on me.

"Ok...wait there...There'll be a car there in a few minutes to bring you to Taj." He replied and cut the call.

Half an hour later we were at a restaurant in one of the plush hotels in the city. I was sitting on a small round table which could accommodate just 2 people. Uday was sitting opposite to me; wearing a white T shirt and a faded blue jeans, his folded sun glasses hanging off his collar. Clean shaven and hair neatly done he indeed looked more like a model than a politician.

I on the other hand had taken off my jacket and kept it on the extra chair at the side. My fabric of my white shirt was a tad bit lighter than usual and in the brightly lit restaurant, I was sure he could make out the black bra I was wearing underneath.

I had kept the top two buttons of my shirt open which gave a tantalising view of my cleavage. The bra was a push up bra which perked up my already sizeable tits and made them prominent than usual. A delicate gold chain hung down my neck, resting an inch above my cleavage line.

The white shirt, the contrasting black push up bra and the beautiful gold chain on my fair skin was a teaser to what lied beneath. I had not dressed up like this for Uday but for the editor but he didn't bother checking me out so what the heck, at least I could use this trick on Uday.

This time we were far more casual to each other than the last time. Last time he was my father's boss, helping me to get a job but since the last meeting I had noticed his lusty glances at me and this time I too had let down my hair a little and gave him space to manoeuvre. He was genuinely a laid back guy and had a good sense of humour but I made it a point to giggle and blush a little more than usual to his jokes and snippy comments. I knew this had an effect on guys.

"Are you married?" I asked him as I sipped on the beer in front of me.

"Why does that interest you?" He asked.

"No...I mean you are so much in the news but I have never heard about your wife." I replied with a smile.

"I am married but my wife has been wheelchair bound for years. We have been married for 15 years but she has been physically challenged for 12 years. Her health doesn't allow her to come in public and my life doesn't allow me to stay away from public." He replied. The moment he said that he was married I looked at his ring finger and there was no ring on it. That was perhaps a subtle signal that he was game.

"Ohhh...I am so sorry Mr. Singh." I said as i bent forward and held his hand and gently squeezed it. I was aware that the deliberate move forward would give him an amazing view of my cleavage which I was sure was about to pop out of the tight bra.

As I held his hand, he looked at me, his eyes showed that same glimpse of lust I had seen last night. I noticed that he stole glances at my cleavage which was exactly my intention. I gently tucked a loose strand of my hair behind my ear as I continued holding his hand.

I knew that a beautiful young girl with her ample cleavage showing and doing such a delicate yet beautiful thing like tucking her hair her ear would break any man, not matter who he was.

"Call me Uday, Mira." He said, looking into my eyes.

After giving him a good show for a few seconds I straightened up. He was snapped back a second later, mesmerised from what had just happened. I smiled at him, a smile which was a mix of naughty and innocent, something he'd have to figure out for a while.

We continued talking, sipping beer and munching on the snacks he would call for every now and them. The cleavage show wasn't the last thing on my seduction plan. I slid my foot up to his leg, brushing it gently. He was startled at the move which was clearly showing on his face. I apologised, trying to make it look accidental.

A minute later, my foot brushed his leg again and this time, he didn't move an inch. This time he knew it was deliberate and his leg stayed put in his place. I looked at him and saw a knowing smile on his face to which I blushed. The game was on now I thought and I was sure he too was thinking the same.

We spent sometime there before he dropped me back to my house. Just like last night, I smiled and waved at him as he drove off. I went up to my apartment and collapsed on the couch. What a day it had been. I had just been hired in one of the widely read news papers, without even a proper interview, I had drink with a man like Uday Singh and I openly flirted with him. Whew!

I realised one thing which stood corrected. He helped me get a job but I wanted more. I knew he was very well connected and that meant he could be the ladder I need to climb up in life.

What if I was bending some morals of my own but in this cruel, cut throat world, good guys always come last. It wasn't as if I was a virgin or had taken a vow of celibacy; I had my share of flings and hook up and this would be just another in the list but this one would take me places. I had to do this!

--

"Good morning Beta." My father said as soon as I picked up the call.

"Good morning Papa." I replied, beaming with happiness. I wanted to tell my father about the job offer and how Uday had helped me to get it.

"You seem to be in a good mood. What is it?" He asked, immediately judging his dearest daughter's elated tone.

"Dad I got a job...and you know where?" I replied as I went on to tell him about the interview.

"That's great beta. But how did you get a call for the interview? And from what you've told me, it looks like if you already had the job and the interview was just a formality." He said, his tone expressing a sense of doubt.

"That's the best part. Uday Singh got me the job." I replied. I thought my father would be happy knowing his former colleague had helped his daughter but I heard nothing from him.

"Dad..." I said, checking if the line was disconnected.

"Uday Singh...you mean Former Defence Minister Uday Singh?" He asked sternly.

"Yeah...you know him right?" I enquired. I felt strange hearing his tone, it sounded so apprehensive.

"A little too well." He mumbled which at first I couldn't understand but looking back I recollected it.

"What?...What dad?" I asked.

"Nothing beta. Congratulations on your new job and I hope you make a good career for yourself but keep in mind one thing." He said sounding very serious.

"What is it dad?" I asked. I was getting nervous and I was a little sad as my dad went from congratulating me to warning me in a second.

"Be careful...Be careful of everything...especially Uday Singh." He said. His voice sounded so stern; as if spelling doom.

"What do you mean dad?" I asked. I was now a little scared.

"Just remember my words. Keep me posted on everything. Your mom and I will be back in a couple of months after Ria settles down with the baby." He said before passing the phone to my mom.

I went through the mundane everyday conversation with my mom but I was a little shaken by what my dad said.

----

It had been a couple of months since I had started working at the office. I had made some new friends and had almost settled down. As a rookie I wasn't getting the meatiest of the assignments and my days were spent with some senior journalist and other senior members in the office, trying to get a hold of real journalism.

I realised that the office was a kingdom and every senior journalist was a feudal lord in himself. They had spent years toiling and working on the field to get where they were and they wouldn't let go an inch of their territory which I was trying to grab. I too wanted to make a mark but in all the editorial meetings we had each day, I was assigned menial jobs. Though I enjoyed working, but I was getting restless for a break.

One day I got a call from Uday's secretary asking me to come to his residence. He told me the time and the address and asked me to be there on time. Her tone was very formal like any other secretary. I was kind of excited to meet Uday not just because I was attracted to him but perhaps one more meeting would throw me an opportunity worth grabbing.

I made up an excuse to my boss to sneak out of office which she fell for. I rushed to the ladies room where I freshened up. I looked around to check if no one was around and unbuttoned my shirt. I adjusted my bra clasped tits to perk them up before buttoning up. I applied mascara on my eyes and a dark red lip stick. I combed my hair and tied them with a clutch. I intended to let my hair loose in front of Uday but for now, I had to look professional.

I caught a cab a few blocks away from my office and told the driver the address. The whole way to Uday's house, I kept thinking of our meeting at the hotel. I recalled how openly I had flirted with him and how he had welcomed my every move. But last time there was no one around and this time I was going to his house. His wife, his staff, everyone would be there to see so I couldn't use the open flirting trick but I had to try something subtle yet effective.

I reached the address and got off the cab. I told the security guard at the gate of my appointment and I was let in after a thorough check. The house was a good 100 meters from the gate and the path was surrounded by greenery.

Tall trees cast a cool shadow on the path and I could hear the birds chirping from the trees. Neatly trimmed shrubs decorated the banks of the path on both sides of the path, there were vast lawns of fresh green grass.

This sprawling estate stood right in in the middle of the biggest city in India. Outside the gate, the sounds of the city filled the air but inside it was a different world in itself.

The house itself was huge. Built in a fusion of colonial and traditional Indian architectural design, it stood majestically in the middle of the estate.

I could make out that the back yard of the house was far larger and more beautiful than the front yard. There were several cars lined up near the house with a few people standing near them.

I could see a few cops near the house standing in attention with their rifles at their sides, keeping a close watch on the activities around the house. The estate, the house, the armed guards and everything else about the place screamed the presence of someone important.

I walked up to the front of the house before I was stopped again. My credentials were checked along with my stuff. I had to go through a metal detector and a host of other security measures before I stepped inside the house.