Crossfire Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I know." Jennifer nodded and took a deep breath, feeling a weight off her shoulders knowing Lauren didn't hate her and having had the opportunity to apologise and clear the air. "Shall we get back inside?"

Lauren nodded and rubbed her bare shoulders gently. "It has gone really cold now..." Standing up she picked up her empty glass, walking side by side with Jen back towards the huge glass venue, the music and sound of people carrying lightly through the night air.

"So where are you working now?" Jennifer asked curiously.

"I started my own company... it's only small and we work from home but we help women get out of debt," Lauren nodded with a small smile. "Are you still at-?"

Jennifer shook her head. "No. I left about three months after you did. I've switched to personal PA work which I'm liking much better." Before they could go inside Jennifer paused her again and she just looked into Lauren's eyes before hugging her close. "I am so sorry but so happy for you. I wish I had seen sense before but... it is so good to see you flourish."

Lauren hugged her bag and took a deep breath. "Thank you... that really means so much." Kissing Jennifer's cheek she held her for one more moment before they went in together. "Do you want to meet...?"

Jennifer shook her head. "Unless it's with an invitation I think not... not right now. Have fun okay? And maybe we can grab a coffee sometime?"

"Yes. Of course," Lauren nodded and waved as she walked away. It felt so strange to just walk away like that but Lauren knew it was the only thing she could do.

--

Stepping into the flat Lauren immediately hinched at the waist to undo her heels, tossing them away and groaning softly. "Fucking shoes."

Jess came up behind and almost ran into her from where she was bent over. "Eyyy," she grinned and playfully spanked her bum. "At least give me enough room to close the door - the neighbours will be scandalised."

Yelping in surprise Lauren grinned and wiggled her behind. "...let them watch!"

Jess closed the door behind her and gave her another spank as they went inside the flat, stopping at the kitchen first to both grab a glass of ice water before moving into the bedroom. "That was a really fun wedding... rich people like. They just - everything was so beautiful and all the drinks were free... up North you get a cold buffet and a cash bar..." she laughed as she unzipped herself and let the floaty tulle pool at her feet like a pink cloud.

Lauren stripped down completely and took Jess's hand pulling her towards the bathroom. "It was a great wedding... they looked so happy... it was just a lovely day. And you looked so beautiful all day," she murmured, wetting some pads with micellar water and guiding Jess to lean against the bathroom counter as she delicately started to remove her girlfriends makeup. Dragging the pads in slow circular motions she removed it all till she could see the face she woke up to each morning.

"Oh do go on..." Jess smiled as she returned the favour, but because she was drunk was just a bit more heavy handed. Ushering Lauren into the walk in shower they washed each other over. "It was just a really good day. I - there was one moment where I started hearing that Eric Clapton song in my head because I was looking across the room and just looking at you and thinking how happy I was... how lucky I am..."

"What song?" Lauren laughed, stealing a smooch as she washed the suds from Jess's body.

"You look wonderful tonight..." Jess sang only to sing the guitar riff that followed.

Pulling Lauren's body close she kissed her slow and deep. "I am so in love with you." She mumbled against her lips.

Lauren grinned, her cheekbones hurting from smiling so much all day. Turning the water off they got bundled up in towels and went through to the bedroom and got into bed. "I saw Jen." Lauren murmured once she was bundled up in bed with Jess, her head resting on Jess's chest.

"You did?" Jess asked, lazily playing with Lauren's dark long hair as they lay in bed.

"How was that?"

"She apologised... it was actually really nice..." Lauren admitted, loving that Jess didn't get tense or weird about it. She had never met anyone who was so secure in themselves before. Tracing her finger along the lines of the floral tattoo on Jess's arm she bit into her lip. "I feel better for us getting to a neutral place."

Nodding slowly Jess smiled. "Well... processing hurt and offering forgiveness is always going to be a positive thing."

Lauren nodded, laying there and thinking back on the exchange with Jennifer and she smiled to herself. "She asked if we'd have a threesome," she laughed softly.

Jess rose an eyebrow at that and laughed too. "What did you say?"

"I said no! Why? Would you be up for it?" Lauren asked tilting her head up to look her in the eye.

"I mean never say never..." Jess winked, leaning in and kissing Lauren softly. "...but right now I'm not thinking about sharing... I'm thinking about how one day I want you to be my wife..."

Lauren heard those words mumbled into her lips and she smiled, nodding in agreement as she moved to straddle Jess, taking her hands and pinning them down on either side of her head. "...I want you to be mine forever officially," Lauren admitted and kissed her lazily. "I want to wake up with you tomorrow and forever."

Jess reached up and cupped Lauren's face in her hands, feeling a little emotional.

"You're amazing," she murmured and kissed her sweetly as she cradled her back in her arms. "Sweet dreams my love." Jess murmured, kissing Lauren's hair as she watched her fall asleep in her arms.

12