Cruel Irony

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As she looked at Jeff, Doris' mind flashed once again back to that special day. Later that afternoon she cooked one of his favorite meals. Though the early passion had been quelled, with the meal being consumed with her dressed in a black baby doll and him in red boxers, a fresh passion arose. They barely finished the meal before their lust took them to the comfort of the master room bed. Though the pace was slower and gentler, it was just as lustful and pleasurable. Recalling the heights of pleasure she was taken to again and again that evening sent a shiver through her body. They joyously vocalized their enjoyable enjoining. His seed flooded her again that evening. In the afterglow of the day it was not long before fatigue overwhelmed them both. They were holding each other as sleep overcame them.

Since she had been on the pill, Royce saw no need to wear a condom. She did think about the needed for one time either. Doris was fine until she missed her period. Her anxiety increased alarmingly when morning sickness began and another period was missed.

When her doctor confirmed the news, he asked if she had read the side affects warnings on the prescription he had given her three months before. She nodded no. She learned that if she had read them material she would have known that for one in six women the medication made birth control pills ineffective. Though unplanned, two days later she celebrated being a mother for a third time. When she broke the news to Royce, he welcomed the unexpected news.

When Vince proclaimed "her mother and I do" Doris' focus returned to the minister and the couple less than 15 feet from her. After the greeting and reading from Scripture the minister stated, "if there is anyone who objects to the joining of this woman to this man, let them speak now or forever hold their peace."

Doris took a deep breath. Moisture pooled in the small of her back. Her heart's drumming rang in her ears. She looked across the isle and caught the eyes of Vince. She knew he had the same opinion. Vince had been against them dating. He was not nearly as opposed to the marriage once the announcement was made. Knowing she was tempted to speak his cold eyes gave her no encouragement to speak. His head slightly shook "no."

Her motherly heart wanted to speak. If she spoke her objection plainly it would devastate and embarrass both families. Jeff would never forgive her. Her husband's trust and love for her would be shaken, at the very least. She would likely lose him entirely. Her friendship with Tara would be destroyed. Both families would become the center of ridicule and gossip. These were all the reasons why she had remained silent until now.

Though she had been silent she knew she had to speak. Yet in that moment the courage she sought could not be gathered. There was no delicate way to utter her objection without bring ruination to all. For all concerned and family peace she remained silent rather than crying out "Jeffery and Pamela you cannot wed. You are brother and sister." In shame she remained voiceless.

Doris often thought she had been getting away with her affair. She had believed that no damage had been done. Then life, in its cruel irony, brought Vince's daughter and son together in marriage.

12