Dan and the Bottle Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This told them that whoever the soldiers were, they had grown complacent. Complacency, the soldiers would soon learn, could be deadly.

The base was lit up by several floodlights set up at intervals inside the fence, but Tom saw this as a point in his own favor. He made a few hand signals, gathered his team closely, and told them to spread out around the camp, looking for weaknesses and places to set up observation posts. Everyone had an antique digital camera which were capable of taking photographs in low light conditions, and they would take numerous pictures that night.

The next morning, after all of the scouts had made their reports, and the digital photographs were downloaded into a computer, they had a pretty decent map of the entire base. It appeared to be fairly well supplied, but poorly manned.

There was a relatively small motor pool, comprising four tanks, six vehicles that appeared to be armored personnel carriers, and two helicopters, which looked to be either Russian 'Hinds' or Chinese copies of the flying behemoths. There were also a dozen Hummers and an equal number of large trucks, which resembled the 'deuce and a half' of American army fame.

One building was clearly a communications center, with numerous different antenna and several small satellite dishes aranged on it's roof.

Several others appeared to be barracks, and there were several more that had to be workshops or warehouses of some sort, with large doors that opened to either side.

Tom added spots on the map outside the tall fences that would make good spots for observation posts, including one area, just beyond the western edge, where two trees had fallen into each other, forming a sort of arch, to which they could easily attach a few camo tarps, manning it with several people and a few telescopes and sets of binoculars. If they were quiet about it, they could have that set up in a few hours, max.