Dawn's First Light

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
msnomer68
msnomer68
299 Followers

Lori quivered as the orgasm ripped through her. Nothing had ever made her feel so complete or so loved in her life. Overcome by pure instinct she shimmied her way down his body. Stopping at his mouth she kissed him. The taste of her sweet core on his lips drove her past the point of insanity. She had to have him inside of her now. She needed to feel his thick, hard heat pumping deeply into her body. Tearing, biting, and ripping through his clothes, she found the source of her desire and the key to her fulfillment.

Keene shared Lori's shimmering joy as the orgasm ripped through her body. Experiencing the sensation with her through their link. His own need was pulsing and straining, aching in response. He moaned in animalistic pleasure when she ripped his clothes off. The feel of her naked skin against him sent him skittering close to the brink. At this rate, he was going to finish before he ever started.

Keene pressed into the wet, slick, heat of her depths and unleashed a cry of unbridled passion. Her body bucked and rocked against his as she responded to his invasion. He held back as best he could. Wanting to savor the tender moment that unfolded between them. But, the waves of desire rushed over him and he was lost to their force. Gasping and shuddering he gave in to the intensity of his release. He'd never grow tired of her and never grow weary of hearing his name on her lips. She was his. And for the rest of his life, he belonged to her.

When Keene shattered in release, she broke into a million tiny pieces with him. No other experience, no matter how long she lived or what other wonderful adventures came her way, nothing would replace this moment in her memory. She felt what he felt, saw what he saw, and heard his thoughts. They were one, belonging to one another. Lori could have sworn she heard sweet music, not with her ears but in her head. A melody played from the song in his heart.

Afterwards, holding each other so tightly on the narrow couch, the silence wasn't awkward. But, she felt the need to fill it with words anyway. She opened her mouth to speak when his finger gently pressed against her lips. "Shh, not all moments need words."

Keene cradled her head in his hands and brought the tip of her nose to his lips for a kiss. A random thought crept into his mind. He wasn't sure if it was his or hers and it didn't matter. It was a darn good idea. Shielding the wayward thought he stuffed it into the back of his mind, where she wouldn't catch it, until he was ready for her to.

Lori rested her chin on Keene's chest and traced a finger along the seam of his lips. She was happy and content, wonderfully relaxed and sated. She knew the deepest whisperings of his heart and he loved her to its very depths. That knowledge left her with a burning question. If she could feel his love for her, could he feel her love for him? And exactly where did that leave them? They had an eternity together to explore and to grow. Eternity didn't sound too shabby, especially if she could spend it at his side.

Chapter 58

Keene marveled at Lori's adaptability to her new world. If only everyone was adjusting so readily. Angel and Kayla sub-existed in a world of casual avoidance ever since their return to the compound. It wasn't outright hostility toward one another. But, they weren't exactly BFFs either. The friendship between them was stiff and awkward and uncomfortable for everyone around them.

Bryce spent a great deal of time with Kayla. And Keene doubted that his interest in her was purely platonic in nature. Kayla was an attractive woman, now that she'd dumped the skintight, low rise jeans and low cut blouses in preference of clothing that flattered her curvy figure. She wore her hair loose and straight to accentuate her blue eyes and cherubic face. But, despite his efforts to woo her, Kayla held him off just as she did almost everyone who ever tried to befriend her.

Angel was an entirely different creature altogether. Since moving into the compound, she obeyed the rules to the letter. She kept to herself and never caused the least bit of trouble. Rarely did she speak to anyone and that included him. The brothers hadn't really accepted her yet. And they wouldn't as long as she stayed hidden in her self-imposed cloud of isolation. She embraced what she was to the maximum extreme right down to her gothic makeup and choice of black, always black, clothing. And Keene had no idea of how to turn her around.

But, he did have an idea of how to mend the broken fences between the two women and at least allow the brotherhood to have some measure of peace in their home. A common goal for the both of them to strive for was exactly what they needed. And he had just the thing in mind. They both cared for him and would do anything, including working together, to see him happy.

*****

An incessant knock on the bedroom door interrupted Lori from her studies. Keene was out on patrol with Patrick and she was taking full advantage of the extra study time and a little peace and quiet. Who knew a vampire could watch so much TV? Keene lived for old reruns. And he was particularly fond of Cartoon Network. She had to put her foot down when he tried to seduce her during a commercial break. Her version of romance was not making out to a catchy jingle for dryer sheets. She stomped to answer the pounding, which was growing louder and more urgent, ready to give whomever it was an earful. "What!" she barked, yanking open the door.

"We came to spring you out for a while," Janine said, grinning like a Cheshire cat as Angel barged in with Kayla firmly on her heels. It was high time somebody around here needed her particular talents. And given the baggy sweatpants and faded t-shirt she'd burn in effigy, Lori needed her desperately.

"I appreciate that. But, I have finals in a month. I need to study," Lori said in protest as Janine closed the door and rummaged through her closet, snorting in disgust at her wardrobe.

Angel perched on the edge of Lori's desk and slammed the textbook closed with the edge of her polished black fingernail. "Principles of Accounting?" she said, reading the cover. "You can't be serious. Let the child of the night, weeping inside of you for release, off the chain. You're a vampire. Embrace it."

"Um yeah." Lori huffed at Angel's very short ruffled, black lace skirt and fishnet hose. The woman wore a black leather corset, an actual corset, laced so tightly that it pushed her assets up to here. Complete with elbow length, black velvet gloves with the fingers cut out and four-inch, stiletto boots, Angel embraced her inner vampire enough for the entire compound. But, she did have some color in her palate tonight. The gelled tips of her spiky black hair were dyed cotton candy pink. Thank God the woman couldn't wear makeup. It wouldn't stick to a vampire's skin. Although, the black sharpie pen she'd used to improvise, lining her red lips and wide brown, almond shaped eyes was an interesting touch.

Angel caught Lori's speculative glance at her wardrobe. Angel had no problem letting her inner vampire off the chain, within reason. Besides, she looked damn good in black. And it served its purpose. People, human or otherwise tended to give her a wide berth. Wait until they got a look at what she planned to wear tomorrow. She'd be lucky if the brothers didn't toss her out on her ear. The black vinyl cat suit was prime. She had a tenuous relationship with the brothers. She followed their rules. Did exactly what they told her to. And no one had asked her for anything beyond that. That was until Keene whispered in her ear and told her his idea. Yeah, she was all over that. The big lug deserved to be happy. And she'd sucked it up and worked with Kayla to help him out.

"Aw come on," Kayla whined. She flopped down on the edge of the bed and swung her feet over the edge. "It's a beautiful night out. We thought you could use a break from studying." Angel and she were rebuilding their broken friendship and coming to terms with their pasts. Or at least she was trying to. When Keene asked for her help, of course, she saw the opportunity to do a little female bonding and jumped in to lend a hand. Kayla planned to hang out here for a long while. She felt valued, not for her body, but as a human being. Besides, Anna was the best cook in the entire world as far as she was concerned. She liked the people here, even if a majority of them did have fangs. And with Roark still out there, she had few options of anywhere else to go. Reluctantly, she had to admit, Bryce had tripped her radar. Not that she was ever going there. But, still it was fun to feel so carefree and flirt, just for the sake of flirting.

Angel pushed Lori toward the vanity and parked her firmly on the seat. "And a little sprucing up," she said, yanking the ponytail holder out of Lori's hair. "What a disaster. Kayla what do you think? Purple highlights?"

"NO!" Lori gasped, pulling her hair out of Angel's hands. "Sprucing up? Somehow I don't think the deer and a couple of coyotes will care what I look like."

"Well, we do," Angel insisted. "If I have to tolerate your company, the least you could do is look halfway presentable." She grinned triumphantly when Lori sighed in surrender and handed her a brush. "Now, hold still. No purple highlights, I promise. Although, they would look hot on you."

"What's in this labyrinth of low fashion you call a closet?" Janine grumbled. She riffled through the various garments on the hangars and selected a pretty sundress in a pale pink floral print. It was tradition to have the bride wear the white leather bridal gown handed down to them from Kokumthena. But, it would ruin the surprise Keene had in store for her.

"Now come on," Lori groused. "I am not wearing a sundress to go tromping through the woods with you three."

"Why not?" Janine asked, plucking off the price tag and sliding it into her pocket before Lori caught a glimpse of it. "You have to wear it sometime. And it's so pretty. I bet it'll look good on you. Just because you're a creature of the night doesn't mean you have to dress like one," she said, gesturing to Angel. "C'mon you dress like Uncle Fester. Live a little."

"I am a vampire, not a creature of the night. And I don't intend to dress up for a walk through the woods. And I don't dress like Uncle Fester," Lori said.

"Really?" Kayla asked. She tugged on the black baggy workout pants and the oversized black t-shirt. "The fashion deprived are always in such denial. Don't you agree, Janine?"

"Oh, most definitely."

"Oh, all right. Give me the damned dress. If it will shut the three of you up, I'll wear it," Lori huffed and stomped into the bathroom to change. She was careful of her hair as she slid the dress over her head. Angel worked fast. And while Lori argued with Janine and Kayla, Angel had some how managed to tame the blonde tangles into an intricate twist gathered in a pearl clasp at the nape of her neck. The women giggled on the other side of the closed door and exchanged a triumphant smile.

"I look totally ridiculous," Lori said, emerging from the bathroom. She flung her arms in protest. The dress was too feminine and flouncy for a night hike in the woods. "Absolutely not!" she gasped, eying the dress sandals that Kayla held to her. She looked like she should be going on a hot date instead of traipsing through the woods with these three.

"Well you can't wear tennis shoes with that gorgeous dress. It would be a disgrace," Kayla said as she thrust the shoes in Lori's hand.

"Absolutely," Janine agreed.

"All right you two. But, if I break my neck."

"You are one of the most graceful creatures in nature. And besides, if you do, it'll heal," Angel teased.

"Can we go now?" Lori stood, tapping the toe of the dainty white sandal on the carpeted floor. She coughed and gagged as Angel doused her in a cloud of hairspray and gently patted a stray strand of unruly hair into place.

"Perfect. A true work of art." Janine said proudly. Lori looked every bit of the blushing bride she was about to become. She just didn't know it yet. Her blonde hair was elegantly coiffed into a chignon with soft wispy tendrils poking out here and there. The dress fit her perfectly, highlighting a small amount of cleavage, but leaving enough to the imagination to be tasteful. And her cheeks were tinted with a rosy blush. Granted, it was a blush of sheer aggravation. But, it worked.

"You truly are the master," Kayla agreed. She held the door open wide and exchanged a knowing wink with Angel and Janine.

Keene stood at the bluffs with the men and women he called family. This was his home and he would fight to the death at their sides to protect it. "My brothers I thank you for saving Lori. Without you, this night would not be possible," he said, his voice trembling in the depths of his emotions.

"You are our brother and we will always protect and shelter you and those you love, Dane said. Cheers of agreement from his brothers echoed off the steep rocky edge of the sacred ground.

Lori cursed and grumbled as she followed the three giggling women through the woods. They were right. It was an absolutely gorgeous late summer night. The humidity had broken and the haze lifted, revealing a perfect canopy of stars and a big fat round moon that shone down on them like a spotlight. She gasped in surprise when she reached the edge of the woods and stepped into the wide clearing.

Thousands of miniature white twinkle lights hung from the trees. Glittering like stars. A candlelit path of fragrant sunflower petals led the way to the altar, to Keene. He looked amazing. His hair hung loosely in waves around his shoulders in a rich curtain of crimson. His broad chest was bare, adorned with painted patterns and swirls. And a tight pair of fringed ceremonial leggings clung to his muscular, powerful thighs. He extended his hand waiting. As she approached and took his hand, he dropped to one knee staring up at her.

Keene stared up at Lori. She was the most beautiful thing he'd ever seen, graceful and delicate, but with a heart and soul strong as steel. He was truly the luckiest man on the planet. "Marry me." He slid the tiny gold band decorated with a series of small round rubies onto her left ring finger and kissed her hand.

"Yes." Tears of joy flowed down her cheeks. Her heart was filled past the point of bursting. "Yes." Despite the gold band and the merrily glittering stones, she couldn't take her eyes off him. There was only him and this moment. Everything else paled in comparison.

The gentle rhythm of voices singing wafted high into the night sky as the ceremony began. The voices melted together harmoniously. She added her voice and Keene added his rich baritone to the song. The sound of each individual voice was lost, a small part to form a bigger whole. No matter what tried to break them apart, or what trials fate might throw their way, as a solid, singular unit they would stand against it, united as a family.

Tonight was for all of them. Everyone here with them had suffered. Everyone here knew the pain of loss. And had cried their share of tears from a heartache so deep it tore at their souls. And they'd survived all of the suffering and pain to come to this place in their lives. Death was necessary for rebirth. Pain made room for joy to flow and to heal. Tonight was a celebration of two lives, joined as one. And of a people, bravely pressing forward into an uncertain future. Tomorrow didn't matter, as long as they lived as well and richly as they could today.

Lori and Keene stood in this mystical place surrounded by the magic of the moonlight and song, pledging their hearts and their lives to one another. They were one with their brothers and sisters and one with each other. And although there were no guarantees, they planned to live a long and happy life, together.

Epilogue

Roark had thrown everyone out of his townhouse weeks ago. He reveled in the silence of his forced solitude. It'd been days since any of his minions had been brave enough to attempt contact with him. And that hadn't exactly gone well for the minion. Roark kicked the rotting corpse splayed on his living room floor, just to have someone to take his anger out on.

The darkness inside of him roared with fury. His inactivity agitated the beast beyond frustration. He could say he was regrouping. Making plans to form a counter attack against the brotherhood. But, that wasn't necessarily true. He mulled over the Prophet's warning. If he didn't change his course of action, he was signing his own death warrant. But, ultimately, what did it matter? Everyone had to die sometime.

He stood in front of the floor to ceiling bank of windows that made up one wall of his living room and stared down into the glittering gem of the city far below. Yes, death came to everyone. And it came on the swift hooves of a pale horse, ridden by a dark rider. Roark flung out his arms and threw back his head, choking on his laughter, and let the darkness have its way with him.

The Prophet's eyes snapped open and scanned the starry sky overhead. He rolled over on his makeshift bed, crafted from pine needles and soft loam and stared at his brother's sleeping body. His brother dreamed and slept the sleep of the innocent and untroubled. Let him have his rest while he could. The future was coming for them, rushing forward on the winds of a powerful storm. And when it hit, there'd be no stopping it. "Rest well, Brother. Rest well."

msnomer68
msnomer68
299 Followers