Disposable Hero Ch. 04 Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Lumiere replied coldly her voice sounding distant but the anger apparent, "Why should I talk with the person who doesn't want me?"

Belar knew that her daughter had a point and knew that logic was not going to be a tool she could use and said, "Then make me understand how me being vulnerable and weak will save us in the world that is to come, let alone in this one."

In a flash they were standing outside. Belar saw the beautiful white brick chateau with a black roof suddenly catch fire.

Lumiere still dressed in black said emotionlessly, "How can I convince you of something that you do not believe in?

I wish I was with papa he wouldn't throw me away, like you are convinced to do."

Belar fired back, "I wish you were in him too, but you're not, you're in me! I want to keep you but this world is very unstable and can you be certain that papa will live through all of this? No, you can't and what happens if we make it through all of this and he is gone?

"It is not a good idea to take that risk, when I don't know what tomorrow will bring us."

Lumiere's eyes glowed red under her veil as she said, seething with anger, "You are just looking for an excuse to be rid of me and to run from papa.

You haven't talked to him and if I hadn't made you be with him, I wouldn't get to defend myself."

She pointed at the two skeletons on the road and said, "They would take us in if papa died, at the very least they would take me and you could go back to your games and plots."

Belar didn't want to admit it but her daughter was right, but she wanted to know something else and said, "We shouldn't be having these conversations, so how did you do this? Is this because Henri is human?"

Lumiere said very innocently, "The winged woman showed me when she brought papa to me, she said that because papa is the keeper that if anything happened to him I would take his place as his only child."

Finally Belar had something but a winged woman, she had heard of winged elves and asked, "Was this woman an elf like us or a human like Henri?"

Belar was certain of one thing that getting rid of her child would be a mistake if her child could someday become like Henri.

Lumiere said, "She looked like papa but with red hair and white wings, she was very pretty. Mama, does it matter if I am to take papa's place as the keeper?"

She looked at her mother for the first time and had hope that her mother was not going to get rid of her. If she wasn't wearing a veil her mother would have seen that as well.

Belar knew that she would discuss the fact that her child would inherit Henri's power as the guardian with Rikton and Dirzune.

One thing was clear to her and that was that her child was considered important, who knew what would have happened if she decided to abort her child.

She saw the sun poke out from behind the clouds in the dream world. She would keep her child as long as they were kept safe.

Belar said, "Lumiere, we need to agree on some things if we are going to make this work.

First, you aren't to pull me in here whenever you want, we will work on a way for you to let me know.

Second, no meddling with me and Henri. We both have a lot to deal with right now.

Third, I am not going back to the Foreverdark, we are most likely wanted there. If I am in a situation where I must choose between being captured, and being captured while carrying you, I will abort you. Who knows what my people will do to me while I carry you, or you after you are born.

If we both agree to these things then I will keep you. However if you break one of them, well you know what I will do."

Belar watched as everything reverted to how it was the last time she was in this dream scape.

Lumiere said, "I can agree, you don't want bad people hurting me.

Can I ask you to try and be close with papa? He gives me strength and if I am strong you will be stronger.

I can help you with your pain from the sun if you wish to come here every day for a week. Once that week is up your eyes will see fine in the sun like mine will, but I need papa for that as well."

Belar replied, "I will talk to your sire about it and if he wants to then I guess I can do what is needed for you."

Lumiere waved to her as Belar floated off the ground. When she looked down she saw the roof of the Chateau getting further and further away until she was surrounded by clouds.

The clouds cleared and she was looking at Rikton and Dirzune whom she filled in on what had happened while she was communing with Lumiere.

They both agreed that her keeping the child was probably for the best and Rikton explained that he would help her harness the power from her child.

She didn't like trusting either one of them but as Rikton had told her that this is a new world they were going to and that meant they could take the Drow in any direction they wanted, so why not embrace the ways of her child's sire.