Distribution Ch. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Marian may enjoy the variety. I know I would," Henrietta said, blushing profusely.

"I don't care what they do as long as they keep paying the rents," I said, and for Randy's benefit, I added, "In addition to the hardware store next door, Max and his wife live in one of my antique houses, and Mark lives in the loft above the store."

"When are you coming back to me, Lover?" Henry asked.

"I have about another month of work on the estate," I said. She knew about the widow I'd met; they'd talked on the phone. She must have known that Paige was the reason it was going to take me four weeks to pick a realtor to list the house with instead of a few days.

I explained that I needed to spend the rest of the day with the kids. Henrietta said she understood, told Randy that she was glad to have met him, and kissed me goodbye.

Mary made another fabulous meal. I thanked Randy and Ginny for coming, telling them that I would be leaving early the following morning. I slept in Amanda's room that night, but when I got up to leave, Phillip was curled up next to me. I kissed both kids and tiptoed out of the room.

Mary had coffee made and had packed sandwiches and fruit for me to eat along the way. I'd driven one hundred miles when the sun came up. Was it too early to phone Paige? I decided it was.

For the next one hundred miles I beat myself up over the way I was abandoning the kids. I promised to take them shopping for clothes, but at the last minute, I had asked Mary to take them shopping. They were obviously hurt, but told me they understood that I had a job to do. I wondered if Amanda suspected my reason for wanting to get back. She and Mona corresponded regularly although she didn't tell me what they discussed.

It was seven AM when I dialed the Peoples' number.

"Paige?"

"Brian, is that you? I'll wake her," Mrs. Peoples said.

"What time is it?" Paige asked, sounding annoyed to have been awakened.

"I'm sorry, it's seven."

"Really? Its time I was up. I'm sorry I snapped at you. Where are you?"

"I'm on my way back. Should I come through town to pick you up?"

It was a full minute before she spoke. "I don't think so, Brian. I have too much to do today."

"You don't think so or you don't want me to pick you up?"

"I want to," she said, sounding uncharacteristically indecisive.

"Where should I meet you?"

Another silence. "It's mean of you to take advantage of me. You know I'll do anything you want."

"Does that mean you'll do anything I want tonight?"

"Call me when you get to town. I'll give you directions to the office...and Honey?"

"Yes?"

"Drive carefully," she said, giggling her sexy giggle as she hung up.

I wore a permanent grin all the rest of the way to Boston.

12