Do Miracles Happen? Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Come on kids; help me get things loaded in the car. Then we can eat some breakfast. What'd you like to eat?"

"French fries." Says Amy.

"I want pancakes." Aaron chimes in.

Claire looks at me, smiling as she dresses Andrew, "You're spoiling them, you know."

"Let's get everything in the car. Aaron, you carry this. Amy, grab your coat, its cold." I winked at Claire and got the kids moving. She had Andrew ready, and together we picked up the rooms.

Settling up with the motel clerk, we drive down the access road and find a place that serves pancakes. Aaron is tickled pink when I order him a stack of three with different toppings. Amy had some hash browns and Claire fed Andrew with baby food. Breakfast took longer than anticipated but everyone was full when we walked back outside.

The two older children traded off, taking turns riding with me. Miles disappear behind us as we cross Nevada. We'd pass Reno and its late afternoon driving through the mountains near Sacramento; Claire is in the lead and Aaron is sitting beside me, chatting away. Something's wrong because I see the tires smoking from the Suburban and the brake lights are on, she pulls to the side of the road. Pulling in behind her, she's already out of the car and opening the side door. She's frantic.

Drawing up, Claire is holding Andrew. Quickly I take him from her, laying him on the seat; his color is deep blue. She is crying and trying to get to her baby, I need her out of the way. "Claire, here's my keys. In my trunk there is a red bag, bring it, quickly." She hesitates, "GO." I yell.

12