Don't Care Anymore

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
PAPATOAD
PAPATOAD
3,341 Followers

Jorge started drinking more and half the time was unable to work. Leroy knew what was going on but chose to graciously ignore it. Finally, about two months later, just when spring started breaking, Jorge passed away in his sleep. He was only forty-five years old. Leroy notified the authorities and we arranged for a cremation that Jorge requested.

What happened next surprised me to no end. When the coroner came for Jorge, Leroy helped him fill out the required paperwork. I tried to stay out of the way until they were done. After the coroner left, Leroy handed me a copy of the death certificate. At the top of the page was the name Charles Raymond Terrell. Three days later Leroy and I spread his ashes to the winds.

Since, Jorge was not wanted by INS or the law, all sorts of possibilities opened up to me. Leroy was busy trying to find a replacement, before we got too busy. I decided it was safe to get a credit card. I couldn't justify getting my own cell phone. Leroy got some to use at work, to replace the old CB radios, and they had unlimited time and distance. I traded in the Mazda for a Ford Ranger. It was time to call Sarah before she got the bad news of my demise.

"Dad, your in South Dakota."

"Isn't caller ID great? Don't tell your mother."

"No way. I finally got her to admit why you left. I have no sympathy for her at all. By the way, the divorce papers arrived last month. You are officially free."

"Unfortunately I am also officially dead."

"What the hell does that mean?"

"One of the guys at work died and the coroner used my name on the death certificate. You will probably get a notification shortly so act surprised and unhappy but don't get too upset about it. Its OK to let Jordan know but please, not your mother."

"Wow. That sure is odd. I don't know how you swung that but congratulations, I guess."

"Nobody else can know about it. Hopefully the police and your mother will stop looking for me. I was cremated and my ashes spread to the four winds so no funeral or services are necessary. I guess at a time like this it is good that grand mom and grand pop are dead. Sorry I didn't have any insurance for you."

"Don't worry about the insurance. We are fine and Jordan is fine. He just got promoted again and also reenlisted for another tour. Do you have a new name or is it better if I don't know it?"

"Lets just say your father is now a Mexican American and leave it at that."

"Dad, Can Eric and I come out and see you? I am pregnant and would really like to get together with you. I know its not good for you to come home but can we come there? We got a new Subaru Outback and Eric is dying to take a trip."

"Let me think on it and I'll get back to you next week. I don't see why not but I don't have any place for you to stay. I live in a garage.'

"I am sure there are motels close by. I'll wait for your call. Don't forget."

I found a small motel close by and notified Sarah. They would be here in a week. Leroy still had not found a replacement for Jorge. I had breakfast alone that night, again, and it was not nearly as pleasant as with my old friend. I thought about him on the way back to the garage and how sad he was when he died. I hated the thought of dying alone like that. Leroy was waiting for me as I pulled in. He had a shit-eating grin on his face, which meant he had a surprise for me. I was not anxious to find out what it was.

"You have a visitor."

"Who the hell would be visiting me?"

"Surprise. It's your wife."

The earth stopped, not because I was in ecstasy but because I was dreading the moment to come. All the effort and all the trouble were for nothing. No way in hell could the bitch have found me and yet she did. Slowly I walked to the work shed while Leroy grinned from ear to ear. What the hell was so funny? I walked across the floor and up the stairs. Without hesitating I opened the door and stepped through.

"Who the hell are you?" The most beautiful girl I ever saw was standing before me. Long black hair and dark eyes accented her Latin features. Although she was in her late thirties her body was ten years younger. Her question caught me by surprise and I quickly realized why Leroy thought it was so funny. Marisol had finally found Jorge, the man she threw out two years earlier but appears to have never forgotten.

"You are not Jorge. Who the hell are you? Why did that nasty man send me up here and tell me Jorge would be here shortly?"

I took a chair and motioned for her to sit down. As she sat her eyes stayed fixed on mine like she didn't trust me.

"Would you like something to drink?"

"No. Just tell me what is going on."

For the next hour I tried to explain to Marisol how much Jorge loved her and how badly he felt about what he did to her. Over the course I also had to explain how I ended up using his name and why. There was still a little liquor left that Jorge hadn't finished so we decided to help him out. I don't know if we were celebrating Jorge's death or our misery. She slept over that night and the next day we drove to the open place where Leroy and I had spread the ashes. Later that day she left to return home without the prize she had hoped to recover. She had forgiven his indiscretion but had no way to let him know until I opened up the credit card account. I felt sorrow for her loss. I guess the fairy book ending would have had Marisol and I making wild passionate love but unfortunately this was real life.

Next week Sarah will be visiting. At least I have something to look forward to.

PAPATOAD
PAPATOAD
3,341 Followers
Share this Story

story TAGS

Similar Stories

An Unexpected Reaction To an unacceptable situation.in Loving Wives
Danny's Dilemma His wife tried to put the horns on him.in Loving Wives
Penny Whimsy Her plan to trade up didn't work.in Loving Wives
Already Gone A wife and her lover plot but the husband is a step ahead.in Loving Wives
The Honey Trap You have to use the right bait.in Loving Wives
More Stories