Draconic Salvation

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Carch
Carch
10 Followers

But even after minutes of reliving his encounter, his cock refused to show itself.

I'm getting old, he thought. He curled up to sleep, and assured himself everything would be normal in the morning.

When he woke up, his cock wouldn't emerge. Nor would it the next morning. Or the next week.

Three months passed. It was winter outside of Erynsuge's cavern, and down in the valley, the Thegn called the latest sacrifice and her family to his fortress. They trudged through the snow and were greeted with glum faces in the great hall.

"Saethryth," said the Thegn with a saddened tone. He patted her back. "It's an honor to see you in such good health."

"You're honored to see me?" she said. "What did I do to gain your esteem?"

Saethryth had turned eighteen a few days earlier and was old enough to be given to a husband, but there were few weddings in the village. The constant tribute to Erynsuge meant nearly all the village's girls eloped before they came of age. (The wilder girls had the village boys deflower them in front of witnesses.) With few wives to marry, the village sons abandoned their families and learned trades in the market town, leaving the fields fallow and weedy. It had become so hard to find suitable sacrifices, the village was forced to purchase virgins from the neighboring lands, stirring resentment among the other thegns.

But Saethryth was the exception. Years earlier, when her parents told her about the horrid deal the Thegn had struck with Erynsuge, Saethryth had sighed and said, "what must happen, must happen." Her friends urged her to find a suitor and flee with them, but she explained that someone had to stick around and keep the dragon satisfied, or else the village would be destroyed. Some of the villagers thought she was crazy, and others thought she was very wise. Saethryth herself had examined her lot in life— trapped for fifty years working a muddy field aside an equally muddy field hand— and concluded that being eaten by a dragon when she was still young and full of energy was the better option.

"Why do I honor you?" said the Thegn. "You're our only willing sacrifice, and you've come of age at the most crucial time yet."

He seated himself in his tall wooden chair, and the guests followed his lead. "I should be the last one to speak of it," he said, "but we are all dying. We have more mouths than food, and more fields than farmers. My treasury is running thin. Should our lands be attacked today, we could not afford the allegiance of our warriors. And should we end the tribute, Erynsuge will claim the land in retaliation, and we will be too weak to fight back."

"The solution is obvious," said Saethryth's father. "We must rally our men and slay the beast before he attacks!"

"Many have tried and failed," said the Thegn, "and they were warriors by trade. It would take all the armies in Christendom to slay Erynsuge, and the loss of life would be unthinkable. No one has returned from Erynsuge's lair since he turned against us. No man, I should say."

He turned his eyes to Saethryth, and the room followed.

"I believe he will listen if you beg his mercy and ask to renegotiate our agreement. Erynsuge's vulnerability is women: he likes them too much."

The room laughed politely. Saethryth's mother's face turned red:

"Yes... he enjoys crushing and destroying them! You can't negotiate with a monster!"

"Hear me now," said the Thegn. "Before our present feud, Erynsuge and I were under peaceful terms. He was my teacher, and he taught all nobles who would listen the lessons of the ancients. But we were compelled to borrowed from his horde in desperate times, and that broke our friendship. The terms of his interest were unbearable, but without them, we faced complete destruction."

The villagers nodded and murmured. The Thegn continued to stare at Saethryth, which made her uneasy. She bit her fingernail.

"You, dear child," he said, "you are our last hope. Should Erynsuge take your life before a new agreement is forged, it will be the end of our village. This is a great weight on your shoulders, I know. Do you accept it?"

"She's only a girl," sneered one of the Thegn's men. "She can't read or write or speak like a man."

"That's right," said another. "She's best fit for the kitchen... or the bedroom!"

The room burst into hearty laughter, but the Thegn waved his arms and silenced them.

"Let Saethryth speak for herself whether she wants to accept it. I must confess that I myself have heard her speak in the village commons. Not only does the girl speak like a man, she speaks like a learned man, with an intelligence beyond her years."

The Thegn gave her a grandfatherly wink. Until that moment, Saethryth had sincerely doubted she could negotiate with a dragon: he was a ruthless killer who could singe her at a moment's notice. But the Thegn's confidence in her made her question: Was she truly capable of convincing Erynsuge to end the deal? Was it even possible?

If the Thegn (who has fought great battles and lived far longer than I have) believes it's possible, she thought, then I'll believe it's possible too.

"Yes," she said, "I accept."

Her father shouted and covered his face. Her mother shrieked and began to cry. The Thegn nodded his head.

"Very well. Good luck, Saethryth daughter of Ecgbryth. My heart believes we will see you again, and now my head is nearly convinced."

Saethryth set out for the mountains immediately. Her mother and father were too distraught to see her off, and had to be helped home by her brother. Her guide, Randulf, led her through the snow and pointed out the trail among the jagged rocks.

"I've been doing this too long," he said, "and it always ends the same way. Bloody dragon. I try to run down the mountain before I hear the first screams, but I never make it." He shivered.

"What were the other girls like when you took them up the mountain?" asked Saethryth.

"For one, they didn't ask questions," he said. "They were scared out of their wits. Aren't you?"

"Of course! I'm absolutely terrified! But if I can't help my situation, there's no use acting more afraid than I already am, is there?"

"Hmmm. You are a strange one," he said.

The opening to the cavern appeared, tucked in the side of the mountain. "I don't go any further," said Randulf. "I hang back and make sure they don't run away. But you... you might not be thinking that."

"If I could run away, I would," said Saethryth. Her bottom lip trembled. "But there's nowhere for me to go."

She pulled on her hood, tucking it tighter around her face, and walked through the frozen wind to opening.

"Hey!" called Randulf. "I... I bet you'll do it!"

Saethryth forced out a smile. "Thanks." Then she turned around and entered the darkness.

A few steps in, the cavern grew quickly warmer than the snowy air, and she took off her cloak. The stone passageway twisted back and forth, heading deeper into the mountain. Ahead was a bright light, and Saethryth realized it was gold from the dragon's treasure reflecting off the stone. She stepped into the open cavern and gasped.

The dragon was simply breathtaking. He was a mound of blue-gray scales with a swishing serpentine tail, and when he raised its head to watch her approach, Saethryth shrieked. His teeth were the length of knives, and it stared at her with narrow green eyes that had tiny slits for pupils.

"Oh," said Erynsuge, and Saethryth jumped at the sound of his booming voice. He had been stacking gold platters out of boredom, and now he rose and faced his guest. "Is it time for a sacrifice already? It seemed like the last was only a few days ago. No matter."

"My name..." choked Saethryth, "my name is Saethryth daughter of Ecgbryth."

"You're not too scared to talk? You're pretty brave." Erynsuge crept closer. His head now towered over Saethryth, and she shook with fright.

This is the end, she thought. I'm going to die, and the Thegn was wrong. He's going to kill me now...

"I see. Now you're scared." Erynsuge yawned, and the breeze it stirred sent Saethryth stumbling back. "It's always the same. Would you like to be eaten now, or later? It doesn't make much of a difference to me. I'm not particularly hungry, and these days I can't... It doesn't matter what I can't. Don't ask me again, I won't tell you what it is."

"We must talk..." whispered Saethryth.

"What's that? Speak up!" He lowered his head to her level, and Saethryth shielded her eyes from the giant reptilian face in front of her. She felt her knees giving away.

"We must talk," she said.

"About what?"

She took a deep breath. "The agreement with the Thegn..." She heard her voice growing louder and she raised herself to her full height. "The Thegn wants to renegotiate... the terms of the agreement."

"WHAT!"

Saethryth covered her ears, but they still rang. Erynsuge sprung forward and blocked Saethryth's view, so that all she could see was his evil eyes. Sulphuric smoke pumped from his nostrils, and she coughed.

"Now you listen, human." His tongue flicked her blouse. "That agreement is none of your business. The Thegn borrowed a collection of my treasures and swore to repay, but that idiot had no such intention. He stole them and claimed they were ransacked by enemies. I made my terms of repayment clear, and I will not negotiate."

"Our village is dying... there are no more girls..."

"Do you think I care!" He sprayed saliva in her hair and over her face. " All your kind can die. Humans will only betray me in the end. What does a dragon care? I'm completely satisfied! You have no room to bargain!"

"If you were as happy as you say you are, you wouldn't be so upset to talk about the Thegn..."

Erynsuge roared and unclenched his jaws. For a moment, Saethryth was plunged into the darkness of his throat, and she screamed.

"Did you see that?" He closed his mouth and pressed his forehead against hers. "That's where you'll be in a few moments, Saethryth daughter of Ecgbryth. I look forward to destroying you!"

Saethryth shook again, and her teeth chattered. With the cold scales pushing against her, she was tempted to give in and embrace death. "Let go," went her thoughts. "Let go and let the dragon. He's so much more powerful than you. Just accept your fate and let him take over."

But no, she had given the Thegn her word that she would try to negotiate, and she still had a bit of room.

"You're angry because you know I'm speaking the truth," she whispered. "Something troubles you, dragon."

He took a step back. "I have a name, and it is Erynsuge. As long as you're alive, you will address me as such."

"I will do so, Erynsuge. I...I'm worried about you."

She was surprised at the words coming out of her mouth, but she carried on, hoping they would find their way:

"I'm worried because it is clear something disturbs you. The dragons the bards sing of delight in torturing their guests, but you hardly seemed interested in me until I brought up the Thegn."

Erynsuge cocked his head. He turned to the horde and let out a fireball, lighting up the room.

"Indeed," he said. "It's as if you already knew me."

He sat on his haunches and whipped his tail against the side of the cavern.

"My last servant was a traitor. I have become lonely in her absence, and now..." He sighed a sulphuric sigh. "I hate to admit it, but... I'm impotent."

"Oh dear," said Saethryth. "I'm so sorry."

"Do you mean it, human?"

"I do. In the village, it is a shameful thing when a man loses his ability. His wife mocks him in the village commons, and he must beat her to keep his honor. It's a terrible thing to witness. I am so sorry for you."

"It's even more shameful for a dragon."

"I can imagine. The bards say dragons are honorable creatures."

Saethryth sat cross-legged and rubbed her eyes. The dragon slumped forlornly, staring at the ground. She hadn't seen this coming. Perhaps she had another bargaining chip...

"Lord Erynsuge..."

"Erynsuge will do."

"If I can cure your impotency, will you renegotiate with the Thegn?"

He raised his head. "Do you think you have a chance?"

"I'm no herbal worker, but I have as good a chance as anyone. My sister told me how the men rub themselves to feel pleasure..."

"I've already tried that," interrupted Erynsuge, "and it doesn't work."

"Maybe you need a gentler touch." She walked across the cavern and knelt at his side.

"You do that? You would give yourself willingly to a dragon?"

"I would to save my home."

"You are fearless, daughter of Ecgbryth." He rolled onto his back and spread out his legs. "You see that slit?"

"It looks like woman's parts..."

"It's called a cloaca!" he barked. "My tool is like a crocodile's. It emerges whenever it becomes aroused. Rubbing used to do the trick, but..."

Saethryth climbed over his lower limbs and touched his belly. His scales were hard and cold, but when she ran her finger down his lips, they were warm.

"How does that feel?"

"Like a finger touching me," said Erynsuge.

She rubbed her fingers back and forth and dipped them into the cloaca. It was burning hot. She rubbed against the side walls and felt his cock resting inside, deflated.

"How does that feel?"

"A little tingly, but nothing much."

She massaged the tip of the cock, feeling her hand heat up from its warmth. After a minute the dragon was still dry, but her own moisture was pooling. She wanted to stop: the strange attraction of a dragon's genitals was both turning her on and disturbing her. Still, she was here on a mission. She rubbed the walls of his cloaca at a faster pace, and a line of her cum dripped down and pressed against her panties. Saethryth turned red in embarrassment.

"Well?" said Erynsuge. "Are you enjoying yourself?"

She was too mortified to speak.

"It's not doing anything for me," he said.

She slid her hand out carefully. "I was attempting..."

"Yes?"

"I was attempting what I do to myself in the dark." Her face was completely flushed.

"Don't be ashamed. All creatures are born to love sex."

"But it's a sin!"

"Only if you want it to be."

Erynsuge slunk away from her and sat on his straw bed. "That's enough of that. I'm tired. Everything exhausts me these days." He yawned and laid down.

Saethryth's own fatigue had crept up on her. "Excuse me, Erynsuge, but..."

He looked up, and she was hit by a shot of fear when the dragon's eyes met hers. "I haven't cured your impotency, and I didn't know... what you had in mind... for me."

"Hmmm." He stretched his front limbs. "I can't say you look very appetizing. You're too articulate. I prefer prey that doesn't talk. Yes..."

He looked her up and down. "You'd make a good slave. Your breasts aren't that full, though. You'll have to keep your top on so you don't embarrass yourself."

Saethryth blushed again. "What will I do?"

"You will clean the cavern and arrange my horde. You see," he gestured to an uneasy pile of jewels with his tail, "I've made a mess of it without a helper to keep it in order."

"I'll do my best," said Saethryth.

"I'm sure you will. You seem sincere enough. Now, I'm going to sleep." He closed his eyes and rested his head.

Saethryth saw no place for herself in the cavern, so he laid next to the dragon and pressed herself against his back, slipping her body underneath his row of spikes. His scales were cool to the touch, but she felt a warmth radiating deep inside from what must have been his internal furnace. It was comforting, like a roaring fire across a room.

She stretched her arm beside him and rubbed her face into the plates of his scales. His breath rose and fell, and she pulled her body closer to hug him like a giant teddy bear. If Erynsuge knew she was there, he didn't let on.

In the next weeks, Saethryth strove to meet Erynsuge's expectations for her new role. He laid out his plan for how he wanted the horde arranged (by age of artifact, starting with the oldest at the center of the room and spiraling out from there) and what she should do when he hunted (stand guard at the entrance with a magical spear that would kill her if she escaped). Saethryth followed his instructions without complaint. She was truly surprised he hadn't eaten her yet, and even though she slept next to him peacefully each night, she still wondered if he would do her in.

He must have changed his plans, she thought. Hopefully I changed his mind about the Thegn's agreement as well.

Erynsuge was indeed satisfied with Saethryth's work. When he explained the age and era of the treasures, Saethryth listened intently and found locations that best flattered their beauty. Cynegyth had never tolerated his ramblings about civilization and the folly of humans, but not only did Saethryth listen, she commented and sometimes argued with him.

It takes a great deal of confidence to argue with a dragon, Erynsuge noted, and unlike old Cynegyth, she uses reason like the ancients taught. If he didn't know any better, he would have believed she was a dragon shapeshifted in the form of a human.

"Do you like it here?" he asked her.

"It's different than what I expected," she said. "From the stories I heard, I thought your lair was a torture chamber. But this," she swept her hands over his treasure. "This is more astounding than anything I could imagine. Greater than the cathedral! You've collected so much beauty and history."

"You can read these books if you'd like," said Erynsuge. "You can read, can't you?"

Saethryth shook her head.

"That's a crime against nature!" he said.

So Erynsuge read to her from his library: first poetic lines from the Odyssey, and then Aristotle's Poetics and Rhetoric.

"I've never heard the priests discussing these works," said Saethryth. "Are they truly valuable, or do you only claim they are?"

"The priests have forgotten they exist," said Erynsuge. "The ancients explain so much of human nature, and the humans are fools to ignore them. Except you, of course. I think you must have dragon blood in your veins."

Saethryth blushed and turned her face away, and Erynsuge felt the urge to pick her up and smother her with a hug. The feeling was strange, so he cleared his throat and tried to forget it. "This diamond diadem... uh, needs polishing."

But Erynsuge couldn't forget it. He looked forward to when she went to sleep, waiting for her to touch his back. Sometimes she stroked his scales gently before she drifted off, and Erynsuge would be filled with a warmth he couldn't explain. Now when he looked at her, he didn't see a common human girl from the valley, but a budding goddess: a lowly servant who doesn't recognize that she is really Venus.

"Did you know," he said one morning after she woke up, "how beautiful you are?"

Saethryth shook her head and laughed. "My skin isn't fair, and my hair isn't smooth and silky. My eyes aren't large, and my voice is too soft. So everyone tells me."

"No, look." He handed her a jewel-encrusted mirror from the horde. "You see only yourself. I see the most beautiful, most intelligent woman in the world."

Her heart skipped a beat. Why was he flattering her so extravagantly? She looked to Erynsuge to judge his reaction: his angular face with the demonic eyes was looking down bashfully, the softest she'd ever seen him. Her tears flowed.

"Did I upset you?"

Erynsuge knelt and draped his bony, taloned fingers on her shoulder.

"I... don't know how humans court each other. I'd court you like a dragon, but we use lots of roaring and teeth gnashing, which I doubt you'd appreciate. If my words disturbed you... then I'll say no more. We'll let it be forgotten."

"No, no, it's not that." She wiped away her tears. "I don't know how people court, either."

She felt like she might faint, so she sat. Erynsuge crouched next to her. She sniffled and struggled to talk.

Carch
Carch
10 Followers