Dreams of Love Ch. 05

Story Info
Topain strays.
5.5k words
4.54
13.6k
4
0

Part 5 of the 6 part series

Updated 10/30/2022
Created 09/12/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
FaeLina
FaeLina
220 Followers

Topain rode into the courtyard of a magnificent house a few hours later. He had barely seen the entryway for the house from the road, only Milky's insistence to go down it had alerted him that it was there. He dismounted, Lina cradled in his arms, leaving the horses there, too concerned with Linaross's health to worry about them. Luckily, he had ridden them hard and they just stood there, panting, sides slick with sweat. Walking up to the door of the manor, he kicked at it. When nobody answered after a few seconds, he kicked it again, yelling loudly. A servant finally opened the door, peering out at him angrily.

"Go 'way. Master not home," the man slurred. The smell of whiskey on the man's breath made Topain pull back a little, his stomach roiling in protest. The servant started to shut the door as Topain pulled back. He came to himself and inserted his foot into the door's path just in time. Shouldering it open, he carried Linaross inside. "I don't care. My companion is hurt. I need to get her someplace safe. I will take it up with your master," he growled to the drunken man.

The servant scowled more and made as though to push Topain back outside. Just then, a voice stopped him. "Andlin, stop it. Can't you see this man needs out help. Let him in and send a groom to take care of his mount. I will see to the girl," a soft, feminine voice said. But in spite of its soft, musical quality, there was a note of command in it. A voice used to being obeyed. Topain looked up, to where a slim, attractive woman stood leaning over a railing.

"Yes Milady," Andlin said, shuffling off to follow the orders.

"And no more spirits Andlin, or I'll discharge you!" the woman called after him.

"Yes Milady," he repeated, his shoulders slumping. When he was gone, Topain turned his attention back to his savior. "Kind lady, please, I beg of you, Lana is sick, I don't know with what. We need help and safety," he said, bowing his head in submission. He didn't care if he was the prince, he'd clean the floors on his hands and knees if this woman wanted him to if she would help Lina get well.

"And you shall have it sir. Come, let me see the girl. I will get her settled, while you change out of those clothes," the woman said, leaving her post at the railing and coming around to the stairs. She descended them as royally as Shelakay herself would have. When she had reached Topain, she looked Linaross's sleeping face over. Touching one slim hand to Lina's forehead, she closed her eyes for a brief second. "Mage driven," she stated simply, before turning to ring a small bell on a side table . A large man entered the room, bowing before her. "Take the girl up to the green room. Send some maids in there to help me tend her, then escort this man to the blue room," she commanded. Topain started to protest, but stopped himself. If this woman knew what caused it so easily, maybe she could fix it just as easily.

The manservant nodded and took Linaross's limp body from Topain. Instantly, Topain's arms started to ache, screaming in protest from the hours of strain he had put on them. He rubbed them as he followed his hostess and her servant up the stairs. Stopping briefly before a room done in all in different shades of green, the man laid Linaross on the bed then pulled a bell rope. Leaving the woman with Linaross, he led Topain further down the hall to a blue room. Grunting softly, he bowed, pointed to the bell rope, then the empty bath, then left, closing the door softly behind him. Topain understood that if he wanted a bath to pull the rope to call a maid to fill it. He did it instantly, needing a good bath before seeing Linaross. Also his arms needed to be soaked in hot water soon or he wouldn't be able to use them without excruciating pain. He pulled the tasseled rope, then sat gingerly on the large bed and looked around. The room was good size, and all blue. The walls had been painted a light blue, almost the color of the summer sky. The curtains were a slightly darker blue and the bed's covers were even darker, like the night sky. Chairs and throw rugs were a beautiful combination of different blues. Even the wardrobe was blue.

A knock on the door signaled the arrival of a maid. He called her in, too sore to get up unless necessary. A pretty brunette came in, her comely looks surprising him a little, though why it did, he wasn't sure. She bowed low, her brown curls falling over her shoulders. She held the sides back with braids and a ribbon, the rest falling free in a tumbling riotous mass of curls down her back, resembling the style Linaross favored when at home. Her green eyes were full of curiosity and confusion, and a little fear. "Yes Milord?" she asked.

"I need a bath. I was told I could get one," he ventured, suddenly unsure.

"Of course Milord. I will be back shortly with the water and soap. Would you like a change of clothes also Milord?" she offered.

"Very much, thank you." She nodded, surprised by the thanks and left, her manner efficient and quick. Topain smiled. Of course she would have been surprised. She wasn't used to being thanked for doing her job. But he was supposed to be kind and considerate of servants since he was supposed to be in their class, or at least not far from it.

Pushing those thoughts out of his mind, he undressed. He draped the dust filled clothes over a chair, not wanting to dirty the lovely room. Standing there, nude, he waited for the water. Completely unselfconscious of his body, he hadn't even tried to hide behind a chair for the sake of decency. So, when the maid knocked on the door and entered, he turned to face her, completely exposed to her green gaze. She gasped in shock, taking the sight of his bare body in. "Milord!" she exclaimed breathlessly, color filling her cheeks. Then she composed herself with a visible effort and went to fill the tub with the pitcher of water she carried. A soft, herb scent filled the air, telling him the water would ease his aching muscles. He took one step towards the bath, not realizing he did so. Then, three large men walked in, each carrying tubs of water. Two were steaming, and the third was cold, so as to regulate the temperature a bit. They dumped the water into the bath, then left, not glancing at Topain.

Topain crossed the distance to the bath and stepped gingerly onto the raised platform. The maid offered her arm to hold him steady as he stepped in and immersed his body. Then, she took a few more herbs out of her pocket, crushed them, and sprinkled them into the water. Instantly, Topain's muscles stopped screaming in pain. He moaned softly in surprise and looked up at her, eyes full of questions as the pain left them. She smiled and knelt beside the bath. Reaching into the water, she immersed her arms up to her elbows. Her fingers touched his forearm and gently, finding all the aching spots, worked the muscles. Slowly, she moved up to his biceps, working those muscles as well. Her knowing fingers were efficient, but gentle. Moaning again, he closed his eyes and let her work, thankful for her thoughtfulness. When she had finished with that arm, she stood and moved to the other side, kneeling beside him again. Lifting his arm out of the water he tried to help her, not wanting her to get too wet. But as soon as his arm left the water, his muscles started hurting again. He whimpered and she murmured reassuringly and placed his arm back into the water. "The water is numbing Milord. But it doesn't heal. Let me do this for you," she explained.

His eyes opened when she spoke, meeting her emerald gaze. He smiled up at her. "Thank you. You didn't need to do this and yet you are. I owe you so much," he said, lifting his other hand and touching her cheek. To his surprise, her gaze dropped and a slight flush colored her cheeks.

"You needed my help. I am here to do that Milord," she said, turning her attention back to her task. When she finished, he tilted her face up and looked into her eyes.

"I'm serious little one. You are doing much for me. With this you will probably save my life and the life of my lady if what your mistress told me was true. If I can help you in any way, please tell me," he said.

"Take me with you then Milord. Please don't leave me here," she said suddenly. Then her eyes widened in shock at what she had said and she blushed fiercely. Standing, she turned from him.

"Why do you ask that little one? Are you not happy here?" he asked, concerned. She ignored him and busied herself with his soap. Catching her wrist, he turned her to him. Looking up at her, he swore. "You have me at a disadvantage little one. We will talk after I am clean and dressed," he said, resigned. She nodded and knelt again. Reaching into the water, she started to soap his body, cleaning him of the road dust. When she was done, she filled her pitcher with water and rinsed him. Then she concentrated on his hair. She was done within minutes, despite her obvious wish to prolong the bath, and thus prolonging their talk.

His mind touched hers and he sent a wave of reassurance. He could see her relax a bit, not knowing what he had done. After she rinsed his hair, she helped him stand and wrapped a large towel around his body. Still connected to her mind, he kept up the tiring task of putting her at ease. He even made it so that when she finally did talk to him, it wouldn't be her own experiences she would be describing, but instead someone else's. She helped him dress, her eyes glazing over as he put her into a trance-like state. He didn't want her remembering telling him unless she wanted to. And also, he didn't want her running off when he went to see Linaross. At the thought of Linaross, guilt overwhelmed him. His first thought should have been of her and instead it wasn't.

"Can you stay here until I get back little one?" he asked her. She nodded, her gaze refocusing for a moment.

"Yes. I am yours to do what you will with. Mistress has commanded it," she said.

Topain looked confused for a second, and then it dawned on him. The lady of the house was not only providing a maid, but also a bed mate, if he wished it. He could do what he pleased with her and not worry about getting in trouble for it. Not that he would. He already thought of her as a friend, almost like a sister. "Then stay here while I go to see my lady. Do not leave this room, nor are you to let anyone in," he commanded. She nodded obediently. He finished putting her into the trance and left the room, leaving her lying on the bed, eyes closed as though she was sleeping.

Walking quickly down the hall the way he had come with the silent manservant, he soon stood in front of the doors to the green room. Knocking softly, he hesitated, and then opened the door. The sight that greeted him made his heart leap to his throat.

Linaross still lay as though dead on the bed stripped of her breeches and shirt. Her pale face against the soft green sheets made her look dead. Stumbling across the room, he knelt beside the bed, grabbing her limp hand in both of his. Tears rolled down his face as he murmured her name. He pressed his forehead to her cold skin, sobbing his pain and loss out. A hand on his shoulder made him look up. "She's not dead. I managed to save her. She will wake in a few days. Her energy has been depleted, that is all. Come, you must be hungry. And you must tell me how you ended up on my doorstep with this young, untrained mage, nearly half dead and exhausted." The lady stood before him. Her soft voice sounded melodious against his aching heart.

"I won't leave her again. I swore to protect her and I didn't. I have failed," he stammered.

"You couldn't have saved her if you had known. You are comparatively weak next to even the one who did this. Come, Your Majesty. I yearn for company," she said, leading him from the room.

Topain sent one last look at his beloved before turning his attention back to his hostess. "What a moment, what did you call me?" he asked.

"You are His Royal Majesty, the prince, are you not?" she asked, looking over her shoulder at him. Her green gaze met his brown one, and he felt chills run down his spine. "And that young beauty must be Linaross, the Peasant Princess. Or am I just imagining it?" she continued.

"What would give you those ideas Milady? We are just simple people looking for a place to settle," he protested.

"First of all, your manners; they are impeccable. You walk and talk like one who is used to being obeyed. You have a grace that belies the position of a peasant. Also, I read into Her Majesty's memories when I was healing her," she explained.

"You did what?" he cried outraged. He grabbed her slender arm, stopping her and turning her to look at him. "You had no right! Those are her private thoughts!" he yelled.

"I had every right. You were distraught and would be no help in healing and she couldn't very well tell me what had happened. I had to so what I could to save her!" she countered, jerking her arm away. "She is untrained with her power. Though her outer shields are strong, her inner shields aren't. I only looked for her memories from today, and I received her whole life. Now, before you accuse me of some other immoral thing, let us go to dinner," she said, resuming her way.

Topain followed, ashamed of his self. This lady was kind enough to take him and Linaross into her home, and he had to ruin it by accusing her. Paintin would have been so ashamed. He flushed and tried to remember that Linaross would not want him being so suspicious.

"So you are the prince, right? Or is that girl just extremely delusional?" she asked, looking at him over her shoulder.

"I am. But you can't tell a soul. Or else Lina will not become Heir. And our kingdom needs her to be queen. She has compassion and sympathy and love that you wouldn't imagine." He smiled softly.

"Not to mention extraordinary powers. I've always wanted to meet somebody like her. I'm just a novice mage next to her. But it's enough to get by on. It keeps food on the table and clothes on my back. And my servants loyal and quiet," she said, smiling back.

"You use magic to keep them here. And that is why the men don't talk?" he asked, amazed.

"Yes. It gets very lonely here all alone when my brother is away; which is often. The menservants help me from losing my mind." Her smile was no longer innocent. Instead she had taken on the stance of a well-sexed woman. Something started to click in Topain's mind.

"And the girls? The maids; I've noticed they are all exceptionally beautiful. What are they used for?" he asked, venturing a guess.

"They are for my brother." His hostess turned into a dining room. "He makes me make them want him. I feel so sorry for the poor things. But he is family and I can't help it. He has threatened to take my power away. I don't know if he can, but I don't want to find out," she explained.

"But what about when he is gone?"

"I let their minds and bodies go. I can't bear to see them so sad, because the person they think they want and love is gone. Also, I heal them. He does such horrible things to them..." She trailed off, her eyes filling with tears. Topain thought of the one waiting in his room. She had been so scared when his mind had touched hers. He couldn't leave her here. Not if she was getting hurt. "What kind of things?" he asked.

She turned to look at him. Her face brightened. "Lets not talk about this Milord. You must eat then go rest. Then you and the princess will meet my brother tomorrow. He is due home tomorrow morning," she said, avoiding the subject entirely.

Topain let the subject drop. He would ask the maid. "What is your name? You know who I am and who Lina is, but who are you?" he asked. She chuckled, dropping into the chair at the foot of the long dining room.

"How rude of me...not telling you my name. I am Distri Cloudkin. And this is my home," she said, gesturing with one shapely hand.

"It is beautiful home Lady Cloudkin. I am Topain Owlkin. And the lady upstairs is my adopted sister and Heir to the throne, Linaross Owlkin," he said, nodding his head slightly, already attacking the plate of food set before him.

"And also the love of your life, the reason you would nearly kill yourself to bring her to safety. As you are of hers," Distri said softly. Topain glanced up guiltily. Was it that obvious of his feelings for Linaross? Distri laughed when she saw the look on his face. "You forget Your Majesty; I have been inside the princess's mind. I know how she feels about you. I know more than I wanted to know. Like how important this trip is for her. How she doesn't want to disappoint you or your parents. Especially the queen. How she feels that she isn't fit to be a princess because her mother was a peasant. My heart reaches out to you and her. I will help you both for as long as I can. Also, I will train Linaross more. Marikay wasn't concentrating on the prospect of a mage, so she taught you the basics," she said.

"Yes. Mainly because I am so weak power wise. I barely have any. Conjuring simple things can exhaust me easily," he explained between mouthfuls. She nodded understandingly.

"Yes Milord. I can tell. But you need to be trained too. Your shields are weak, they need to be stronger," she said. "I'll train you both as much as I can, then I will send you to a powerful mage I know who will help with the princess's training. And in return, you will keep me company for a bit. Does that sound fair Milord?" she asked. Topain nodded and stood, finished with his dinner. He nodded to Distri, and then yawned. He was tired, but he had things to do before sleeping. And it was obvious to him that his hostess planned on keeping him here. So he feigned extreme fatigue and excused himself. She followed him as far as the stairs and then left, disappearing into the library. He sighed with relief. Opening the door to his chamber, he slipped in, before quietly closing the door behind him. The servant girl still lay on his bed in the exact state he had left her in. Touching her mind briefly, he ordered her to wake. She opened her eyes and looked up at him. "Oh, Milord. I thought you were going to see your lady," she said, confusion coloring her eyes darker.

"I did little one. You fell asleep." It was best to not tell her he had used magic on her, considering all she had been through. Slipping an arm around her shoulders, he drew her close. "Now, you said you would tell what why you wanted to leave this comfortable place," he reminded her. Instantly, she balked, drawing away. But after a reassuring touch from his mind, she relaxed. "Yes. It will be hard for me Milord. So be patient with me," she warned. Then she closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "I am known here simply as Trina. The lord of the manor fancies me and takes me to his bed often. More often then any of the others," she started.

"He is a handsome man, worthy of desiring, I admit. Until you look into his eyes. They are pure evil. He is a selfish, horrid man who delights in hurting others, especially in bed Milord. I'm sure you noticed that I and those that I work with are not without . . . charms. We are hired for that reason. I have seen better maids than even I come and be turned away because the master was not fond of their face or shape. When you work here, your requirements are not being able to make a proper bed or clean and care for a house. Instead it is how pretty your face is, how full your bosom and how tiny your waist. Also, how long your hair is. Because, I've noticed that the master takes pleasure in long lustrous hair. It does not matter the color as long as it is to the waist of the maiden. Do not ask me why, but if a girl is to cut her hair any shorter than that, he beats her severely, almost to the point of death. And then, he will not feed them nor pay them, nor even acknowledge they exist until their hair is long again. I tried that after the first few nights. And I couldn't leave. He ordered the guards to hold me here. I am a prisoner here unless someone takes me with them. And the only other men I could have possibly gone with were his friends. I would have been no better off with them. But you Milord, you are kind and gentle. I know I will be happy with you," she concluded.

FaeLina
FaeLina
220 Followers
12