Drew Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

They lay together for a long time, not wanting the moment to end. Finally he suggested that they go when he felt her shiver for the fourth or so time. They dressed, and he gave her a possessive kiss.

"Don't freak out about Keri, I'll handle her. But you need to be a little careful about and around her; she's not exactly Miss Congeniality, ok?"

* * *

"Marci, I need to talk to you." Her mother's quiet voice said on the phone and Marci froze in Drew's arms. Stepping out of them, she motioned to Drew to get her a drink while she sat down in the kitchen and inhaled. She knew that tone of voice, it wasn't a happy one. Her mother must have somehow found out about her and Nathan and the fact that Drew was married. Malindi was a small town, news passed on faster than lightening.

"Hey Mom. How are you and Dad?" she asked in her chirpiest voice though she knew it sounded thin.

"We're fine. Actually it's Chris who wants to talk to you. Restrain yourself ok baby girl?" she asked and Marci knew her step father was about to rip into her. She forgot she was on phone and nodded.

"Marci?"

"Yes Mom, I'll restrain myself." She assured her mother and waited for Chris to get on the phone.

"Marci? How are you doing?" he asked first and Marci had to smile at the man's politeness. No wonder he'd endeared himself to her mother and her; he was such a gentleman, never forgetting his manners.

"I'm fine Dad. You?"

"I am okay baby-girl. Now, what's this business about you the Montague boys? Drew is old enough to father you. How's Nathan handling it?" he asked in quick succession.

"Dad, seriously? That's an exaggeration surely. He's not that old, he cannot be my father. Nathan's as fine as he can be under the circumstances. Mila's not so hot though." Marci told him, making sure to keep her voice on an even keel as Drew watched her with barely concealed amusement.

"You know, when you decided to be with Nathan, I always thought it was just a phase. That's why I let it slide; I knew you'd get over it and maybe find someone more compatible on a long term basis. With Drew I don't think I can afford that luxury. I can't tell you who to date and all but I can tell you this, I am not happy about it. Drew is trouble and you know it. And yes, I was told about the Keri woman. Shame on you Marci, I thought we raised you better than adultery."

Marci's eyes kept widening as he progressed with his speech. She was feeling very defensive and wanted to explain herself to him. How could she start however without referring overtly to sex? At the "shame on you" she breathed in deeply to stop herself from lashing out. He was right to some extent with regards to content; she just had slight issue with the condescending delivery.

"Dad..." she started but he cut her off.

"Marci, there's absolutely no defence for your actions and you know that, that's why you haven't lashed out in holy righteous anger yet. I know you, you forget that sometimes. I am terribly disappointed in you. We'll be home sometime tomorrow. I'll talk to you then. Your mother says to kiss you goodnight. Love you." He said and hung up. She wasn't given time to reply.

"Pissed?" Drew asked and she nodded in the affirmative, "He also knows you're married. I'm headed to the pits of hell for abetting you in your adulterous ways."

"Shit! Marci, I'm sorry. How did he know so fast?" Drew wondered out loud.

Marci shrugged her shoulders, she didn't know. However, Malindi was notoriously small and it wouldn't surprise her that someone at the party had felt the need to call her parents immediately they'd ran into Keri. Probably the same person who gave them the low down on the mess that was her love life. Marci was actually more troubled about her father's dislike of Drew. It sounded like he either knew more about Drew than she did or there was more to his dislike, for instance race issues. Whatever the case, Marci knew tomorrow's conversation was going to be very uncomfortable for both of them.

"Today is like the worst day ever. Someone called and all my demons came sprinting. You know what, I was going to do this later but I think I'd rather you heard it from me rather than him. Let's talk" He muttered more to himself but Marci heard him nonetheless. She sent him a speculative look. He avoided her eye and she knew she was not going to be so eager to go to Florence afterwards.

"What's "it"?" she asked with trepidation. He kept quiet and looked at her for a moment before sighing deeply.

"I told you I was in the foreign legion. It wasn't as sexy as that sounds. The writing is for exorcism purposes. I have demons. Your father knows some of them."

"My father knows? Drew, do you know how juvenile you are making me look in front of not only my parents but everyone else who knows about your various little and not-so-little secrets. You come into town, sweep me off my feet, pursue me relentlessly until I break up with my boyfriend then you produce a wife. My father thinks I am an idiot, I have broken Nathan's heart and my best friend isn't entirely comfortable with me anymore. I'm done."

With that rant, she took the keys from the table top and stormed out of the house. Half way down the drive way, she realised that she hadn't even found out what these "demons" were. Silly girl, the rant should have come after the full facts.

"Marci, come on. Talk to me." Drew said rather loudly behind her and she realised he'd followed her out. She turned and fixed him with a look. He stood still and eyed her warily. He knew her well enough not to bullshit her at this particular juncture.

"Marci, you shouldn't forget that I love you. In the midst of all the drama and moral conflicts, I don't want you to forget that."

"It's not enough Drew. It's not. I'm done. Being with you is exhausting me. My parents, your parents, your brothers, Mila, Keri. Too much. I'll be heading back to Nairobi tomorrow. It's time I took charge of my fucking life. Pun intended. " She told him and handed Nathan's car keys back to him. He didn't take them. She knew he wouldn't bulge so she walked closer to him, kissed his cheek gently, ignored the flinch and placed the keys in the breast pocket of his shirt.

"Marci, you can't." he said slowly.

"You see that's another thing, you keep telling me what to do. Stop that. Please don't do that whole pressure thing with me; I'll resent you if I eventually fold."

"I'm sorry I come across that way, not my intention at all. Have a good one." He said stalking stiffly away from her.

Her heart felt like it had been literally cut with a really sharp knife. It was physically painful and threatening to burst out of her chest cavity. The sight of him walking towards the car was making things worse. Marci couldn't see clearly through the haze of tears as she went back into her house and sank down behind the closed kitchen door. The tears fell down in torrents as she heard herself crying in the big kitchen. When had Malindi become such a sad place? She had to get out and lick her shame far from home.

12