Dusk Before Dawn Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Your accent is getting a twang as well. Better watch that."

"I'll hang up I swear to God!"

Mark laughed.

"Chill out man. It sounds like you've been through quite a bit to be honest. And considering what's happened to you in the past year you really don't need it. How are you feeling?"

Billy sighed. The uprooting had served as a distraction from his fathers disappearance but he knew that he and his family still had a lot to deal with. Financially they were fine as his mum and dad had a joint bank account. But that didn't matter. There was a void left by his fathers disappearance and despite it being over a year since it had happened he still felt it keenly from time to time.

Mark knew this and acted accordingly.

"I guess I'm just stressed and confused. We were all hoping to find stability and peace here but to be honest I don't think we're going to find it. I still don't know why the hell mum moved us out here. Or why she didn't at least let me stay another year to finish my education. I mean it hasn't be bad adjusting to how they do things here but it's only a year. Plus I don't know what the hell to do afterwards. And now this whole thing at school has happened and I just...I just.

His voice broke and he choked back angry tears.

"It's alright babe let it out." Mark said.

Tears slowly spilled down Billy's face. He grabbed a pillow and started to sob into it. Why the fuck had it happened?!? Why to them?!? Why had his mother moved them out here when they were obviously so much happier in England?!? These familiar thoughts circled around his head again and again as he cried.

After what felt like an hour he shuddered to a stop. The whole time Mark had been murmuring words of comfort. Billy peeked above the pillow to see Mark smiling sadly at him.

"I feel fucking useless like this. I want to give you a hug. It's so annoying."

Billy laughed sniffing and wiping his eyes.

"Sorry about that."

"Don't apologize. It's not like you don't have a good reason."

"I guess I'm still working through some things."

"You should talk to someone there you know. Get some actual physical comfort. Why don't you talk to you mum about seeing a councilor or something?"

"That's probably a good idea actually. For all of us."

Mark smiled.

"I need to go but listen. I'll call you again soon. But if you need to talk or you feel like you can't cope drop me a message and I'll come running."

Billy sighed.

"Thanks Mark. I appreciate that really."

"Not a problem. Love you gorgeous."

"Love you too."

Billy closed the chat window and sighed.

He got up and went to his desk. Opening his draw he pulled out a baggy of dope.

A few minutes later he lay in bed letting it take effect. He slowly hazed out and fell into a relaxed coma then after a while into a dreamless sleep.

12