Elizabeth 02: Revenge

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Oh, I think Benjamin should do that. She will no doubt want him more than ever now."

"Do you think she'll even want to talk to him again after last night?" Irene asked.

"More than ever, if it's now a matter of stealing him away from you," Elizabeth said. "Trust me, I knew her far better than I wanted to for a long, long time."

"So now it's personal for both of us," Irene said. "Wonderful."

Jonathan treated the both of them to dinner at his flat that evening, and with his culinary generosity came more news. "I had lunch with Benjamin," he told them as he poured their wine. "He said Tamara was by his office this morning, all excited about our trip to the country. No mention of where Benjamin had got off to last night, but she was flirting with him harder than ever before, he said."

"Oh my," Elizabeth said. "Irene, it sounds as though she will be out for your blood this weekend."

"Well, we are out for hers, aren't we?" Irene replied.

"Indeed," Elizabeth agreed. She gazed wistfully into her wine glass as Jonathan set the three soup bowls on the table.

"You aren't getting cold feet on our plan, dear, are you?" Irene asked.

"Hardly," Elizabeth said. "It is only that I would just as soon never think of Tamara again, and here we are talking about her yet again."

"We can certainly talk about Benjamin instead," Jonathan suggested as he set their soup bowls on the table. "I am sure Irene has plenty to say on that matter."

Jonathan and Elizabeth laughed, while Irene looked shyly down at the table. "Yes, plenty to say. But perhaps you would like to start with what he told you at lunch today, Jonathan?"

"Only that he had a lovely evening last night and that he was very much looking forward to seeing you at the weekend," Jonathan said. "Other than that, all he had regarding you was lots and lots of questions -- what you like, what you don't, what you do for fun, and where...clearly the man is in love with you, Irene."

"Lovely," was all Irene said, but privately she felt a wash of relief through her soul -- it hadn't been just a fling as she had feared. "I certainly am looking forward to the weekend as well," she added.

"To see Benjamin or to give Tamara her comeuppance?" asked Elizabeth.

"I do believe for me the both shall be one," Irene said. With that she took a long sip of her wine, and opted not to tell Elizabeth and Jonathan about the bouquet of red roses that had been waiting on her desk when she had returned to school that afternoon. Even her dearest friends did not need to know everything.

Saturday found the worst of the cold snap over at last, and the morning was mildly chilly but bright as they met on the platform at Westfordshire Central station. It was a popular day for travel and the platform was quite crowded, which at least served to slow down the occasional cold breeze that was still kicking up at late morning. Irene was the first to arrive, for she had not seen Benjamin since they had dressed together and left for work on the morning after their encounter three days before, and sleeping late had been out of the question as the reunion approached. She had also set aside the trousers in favor of her laciest dress to mark the occasion, and the chilly breeze on her legs was that much more noticeable for having been absent all that week. But her anticipation for their reunion kept both the chill and the crowds at bay as she stood hopefully in the lee of the timetable.

Elizabeth and Jonathan emerged hand in hand from the crowd, Jonathan pulling a single suitcase behind them. "Good morning!" Jonathan called out above the din of the crowd and a departing train. "I hope we haven't kept you waiting long."

"It is not us she is waiting for, you can be certain of that!" Elizabeth chided him. Irene laughed in acknowledgment and kissed them both on the cheek. "Any word from Benjamin?" she asked Irene.

"He sent me the loveliest note yesterday," Irene said, "But the contents would not be appropriate to discuss out in the wide world." She broke into a grin, and Elizabeth and Jonathan followed suit.

"But I meant about Tamara," Elizabeth said. "I've heard not a thing of her since your big night."

"I did see her on the street yesterday," Irene said, "But of course she had to be polite in public. All she had to say was that she would be accompanying Benjamin to the station and she could hardly wait to enjoy the outing with us all."

"No doubt she let you believe she and Benjamin would be traveling in close company," Jonathan added.

"That certainly was insinuated," Irene acknowledged. "But I shall trust Benjamin unless he proves I shouldn't." She said it defiantly, and did her best to keep her minor but undefeatable doubt to herself.

They stood and talked of anything and anyone except Tamara for the next several minutes -- Irene had already made up her mind to avoid looking at the clock -- while the departure time drew ever closer. While Irene was fighting a losing battle to stave off her lingering concerns about Benjamin and Tamara, Elizabeth was coping with her own demons about the plan of attack. What if it failed? What if it still did not bring back the peace she had known prior to Tamara's reappearance? Were they really in the right to follow through on their plan? And what if the consequences were worse than planned? One issue no longer concerned her, though: after the other night in the bath and at the restaurant, there was no longer any doubt in Elizabeth's mind that Tamara was the same sadistic bully she always had been. That thought kept Elizabeth from ever reneging on her plans.

Neither of them needed worry, it soon emerged, for after ten minutes or so Benjamin and Tamara arrived at last. Benjamin was gallantly carrying both their suitcases, while Tamara walked alongside him looking as superior as Elizabeth had ever seen her.

"Benjamin!" Irene knew it would be best to wait a moment or two after he had set the suitcases down before flying at him, but she didn't care. Flagrantly she threw her arms around him. "I'm delighted to see you!"

Behind her, Elizabeth couldn't resist a mild laugh at the expense of Tamara, who was now regarding the pair in outrage. Turning to Elizabeth, she said, "I do hope Irene shan't be too lonely on the holiday. She does know I shall be sharing Benjamin's room, does she not?"

"Have you discussed this with Benjamin?" Elizabeth asked, suppressing another laugh.

"Why, yes," Tamara replied, "On the cab to the station this morning. He confessed to me of a moment's weakness at the restaurant the other night, followed by that trollop luring him home; but he has assured me that he slept on her sofa and never touched her inappropriately. He also said he has made arrangements with Jonathan for Irene to share your room at the resort. I am sorry to hear Jonathan did not see fit to tell you that, Elizabeth."

"Oh, of course," Elizabeth said, tamping down her outrage. "Yes, men never do see fit to inform us of anything, do they?"

"I am so relieved to hear you understand," Tamara said, turning to see Irene and Benjamin were now disengaged at last. "Benjamin, dear," she said, taking both of his hands in hers. "Tell me again of the view from our room?"

"A panoramic view of the woods and the glen, I am told," Benjamin said, "And the private bath adjoins our room with Elizabeth and Jonathan's."

"And they shall have an extra bed, I trust?" Tamara continued, while Irene glared at her.

"That is hardly our concern, now is it?" Benjamin said. The train was pulling up to the platform, and to Irene's disgust, he patted Tamara on the behind to prod her. "Well then," he said, "Let us find our car."

They all gathered up their suitcases -- except for Tamara, who assumed correctly that Benjamin would collect hers -- and walked to the entryway. Irene brought up the rear, looking defiantly at Benjamin's back as Tamara walked close beside him. Elizabeth turned to see her looking hurt and furious. "It's an act," she reminded Irene. "You know that."

"Do I?" Irene asked. "Do I really know for certain that he's playing along?"

"Of course!" Elizabeth said through her own doubt as she recalled what Tamara had just told her. Irene did not need to hear that just now, and surely it was nonsense in any case. It was just like Tamara to lie about such things. And yet Elizabeth had no way of knowing with any certainty that she was in fact lying this time.

Then, to their immense relief, both women saw Benjamin turn back for a word with the porter after helping Tamara onto the train. As he handed over the suitcases, he patted Tamara's and handed the porter a coin, and the porter handed him a key in return. Irene and Elizabeth clasped hands discreetly and exchanged smiles. Benjamin was sharp enough in his role that he never looked back at the pair as he boarded.

The ride to the resort was just over two hours, in an opulent passenger car with dark red plush seats and a thick carpet, complete with tea and cake service. As Tamara remained blissfully unaware of anything save her proximity to Benjamin, the conversation among the others consisted of small talk about everything and nothing. Irene, nearly delirious with relief, spent much of the trip enjoying the scenery from her window seat and occasionally teasing Benjamin's hand. Tamara, on his other side, boldly held his other hand when he would allow it. Elizabeth and Jonathan enjoyed their tea as usual and bided their time until the train reached the tiny rural station, where a beautiful bright red coach was parked just beyond the gate with the name of the resort stenciled on its side.

The coach ride was but ten minutes through a thickly wooded area, exiting in a clearing on a ridge with a lake just beyond. "Good for skating in the winter and swimming in summer, folks, but I'm afraid this time of year it's only good for looking," the driver advised the quintet and a handful of other passengers who had joined them at the station.

"Isn't that beautiful, though!" Elizabeth exclaimed. "Perfect for a weekend getaway even if we can only look, don't you all think?"

"I certainly agree," Jonathan said as the coach ground to a halt beside the majestic inn overlooking the ridge. "Lovely view."

"I should enjoy a bath first of all after that trip," Tamara announced as they stood to exit. "Won't that be refreshing, Benjamin?" As brazen as her comment, she hooked her arm through his.

Benjamin cringed apologetically at the strangers who had overheard Tamara. "I should think you will enjoy it," he said.

"I shall --"

"Let us all meet in Benjamin's room," Elizabeth interrupted, saving them further embarrassment. "We can make further plans once we are settled."

Ten minutes later, the first elevator ride for most of them landed the quintet in the larger bedroom of their suite, as tastefully decorated as their train car had been and with a view of the woods far below as promised. "I trust this shall be for Jonathan and Elizabeth, and Irene may sleep on the sofa?" Tamara asked, kicking off her shoes just inside the door.

"We can concern ourselves with sleeping arrangements later, I think," Jonathan replied. "At least wait until our luggage arrives before we worry about where to put it."

"Yes, and where is my suitcase, on that note?" Tamara demanded.

"All the bags will be delivered from downstairs, one floor at a time, they said at the desk," Elizabeth told her. "Being on the fifth floor, I should think we are in for a bit of a wait. And so, if you do want to have a dip in the tub as you suggested, this time is as good as any." The hot-tub was at the center of a private, candle-lit chamber between the two rooms of their suite. Elizabeth opened the door and set about lighting the candles. "I must say, it does look inviting after that long ride, does it not?"

"Indeed," Tamara said. "Benjamin, will you be joining me?"

"We all will," Irene announced. "This is a retreat for all five of us, after all."

"Oh, don't be daft!" Tamara said. "You were not all serious about that at the restaurant!"

"Certainly we were," Jonathan said. "We're adults and friends, and we have nothing to hide. Isn't that right?"

"What have we decided on the dress-code, then?" Benjamin asked. "As much or as little as you care to wear."

"Indeed," said Elizabeth, who was now at work on priming the hot-water pump to fill the tub. "As bare as we dare," she giggled. "Or not."

"You could join in fully clothed for all I like, Elizabeth," Tamara grumbled. "In any case, I shall stay in my bodice and drawers, and I hope at least you two ladies will show similar modesty. No need to act like men today."

"Oh, I never bathe in my clothes anymore," Elizabeth said, having weathered Tamara's latest insult without reaction. "Now that I know the freedom of nudity, I could never go back. But it is as you like for yourself, Tamara." She stood up straight again, now that the tub was filling with hot water, and regarded Jonathan and Irene. "Shall we?"

Irene joined Elizabeth and Jonathan without comment in retiring to their room, for it was all for the better to allow Tamara a few more moments of illusion. "Well done, you, not taking her bait that time," she told Elizabeth.

"Seconded," said Jonathan. "I can't imagine how you endured all those years of such things every day."

"Thank you," said Elizabeth, privately still wondering the same herself. Their room had a view of the ridge and the lake beyond, and a steam radiator that was percolating in the corner. The warm dry air with no fire to tend to was a welcome change. "I could certainly grow accustomed to living like this!" Elizabeth declared after a walk past the window. The curtains were wide open, but five stories above the ground there was no cause of concern for modesty. Turning back to face Jonathan and Irene, she sensed that they might be having second thoughts about undressing together. She could hardly blame them, of course; but she knew she would have to go nude for the final twist, and she was accustomed to being so in front of the both of them.

She began to unbutton her dress. "If one or both of you would prefer to hide in your clothes, I shan't blame you," she told them. "But do make up your minds presently. The sooner we are all in the bath, the sooner we can cast Tamara out of our lives forever!"

"That is all the reassurance I need," Irene declared. She had in fact been wavering but no more; she gathered up her long hair and stood before her cousin with her back turned. "Jonathan, if you will?"

Obediently Jonathan unclasped her dress and undid the three buttons below the clasp. Irene quickly pulled down the loosened garment and stepped out of it, while behind her Jonathan followed suit. He had all but resolved to insist on keeping his undershirt and short pants on out of deference to his cousin and modesty with Tamara; but he had no desire to be an odd man out. Elizabeth had a head start on the both of them and was the first to be ready for the bath; she strode brazenly past them as they undressed and waited by the bath chamber door. When Irene had her brassiere and short pants off, she took a deep breath and turned around, to see Jonathan still undressing. He did not look up at her, and she felt she should respond in kind; but before she could decide on another place to cast her gaze, she dissolved into nervous laughter.

Jonathan pulled off his underwear at last and stood up to see the source of his cousin's laughter, and instinctively he understood and joined in.

"It is easy once you're used to it, now isn't it?" Elizabeth asked them. Though accustomed to seeing them both nude, she too was struck with the mild taboo with which they were both coping. "Not to make either of you more uncomfortable," she added, "But I must say a look at the both of you in the nude at once makes it all too clear you're related!" She looked down at her own vastly different ornamentation and back at them with a laugh.

"Indeed," Jonathan agreed, with a bashful but appreciative look at his cousin's beautiful body.

"Oh, come here, you!" Irene opened her arms, and the cousins enjoyed a relaxing embrace. "It is hardly as though we did not have any idea what one another looks like underneath, is it?"

"Jonathan, didn't you say you'd been naked together before anyway?" Elizabeth asked.

"Oh, heavens, I forgot that!" Irene exclaimed. "At the farm! Yes."

"You have grown quite a bit since then," Jonathan said.

"As have you," Irene replied, looking down. By now they were both more amused than embarrassed.

"Mustn't keep Tamara waiting," Elizabeth announced, opening the bath chamber door.

Tamara was indeed waiting, alone in the bath, in her underwear as promised. She made no effort to hide her usual disgust at Elizabeth's full bush, but seeing Irene and Jonathan naked together was worse still. "Dear God!" she snapped. "I was certain at least Irene would have the good taste to join me."

"Join you in what?" Irene asked as she slid happily into the warm water. Jonathan and Elizabeth took their places on her left, across the water from Tamara so that she would be forced to see them. "The very idea of a private bath is that you needn't hide anything, you know."

"It has been my experience that most of us should hide a bit more than we are wont to," Tamara said. "And really, I saw this as a couples' retreat, for sharing intimacies only among pairs. In the event, I did ask Benjamin to join me in not baring all for everyone. So at least he shall show some restraint."

"Are you certain of that?" asked Irene, for at that moment Benjamin opened the far chamber door and strode in just as nude as the others.

"She's right," Benjamin quipped as he made his way to the tub. "She did ask. But I would never fail to take part in such intimate camaraderie. What is the harm indeed, Tamara? Especially when none have said you must follow?"

Tamara looked livid. But she did enjoy her first sight of Benjamin's naked body, and gave in to admiring him as he climbed into the tub between her and Irene. This also afforded Elizabeth her first look at his raw glory, and vice versa. Benjamin's reaction was not unlike that of so many women at the public baths, and Elizabeth did not begrudge his admiring stare any more than she had theirs. Indeed, she shamelessly returned the favor and admired Benjamin down below. It was all the more gratifying to have Tamara looking on, though Tamara showed no sign of understanding the bond Elizabeth and Benjamin had just discovered.

Irene looked on, pleased with her anticipated opportunity to admire her two hirsute companions side by side, though she still could not make up her mind as to which had the larger bush. Elizabeth had similar thoughts, and on finally looking up to make eye contact with Benjamin, she broke into an embarrassed laugh. Benjamin responded in kind, and Elizabeth could see he understood all too well.

"What now?" Tamara demanded.

"I do believe Benjamin and Elizabeth have discovered they share a beautiful secret," Irene said. "I anticipated as much the other night, I must say."

"Beautiful?!" Tamara snapped. "What sort of twisted..." her voice trailed away as she realized the full import of Irene's remark. "The other night?" Turning to Benjamin, she punched him on the arm. "What does she mean 'the other night'? You were with her?"

"I never lied to you, Tamara," Benjamin said. "You asked if I had gone home with Irene, and I did not say no."

"You said you slept on her sofa!"

"It is a sofa-bed," Irene explained. "We both spent the night in it, and what a night it was!"

"And as for your rude comments about Irene's character?" Elizabeth asked Tamara.

"I do not know what she told you," Benjamin said, "But I do know she peppered her questions about my night with Irene with a number of inappropriate names and comments. A gentleman does not dignify such things with a response, and so I denied nothing."