Elizabeth's Grand Escape Ch. 02

Story Info
Part 2 of Elizabeth's journey.
14.7k words
4.57
17.3k
6
Story does not have any tags

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 12/04/2004
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Sorry it took so long to continue this story, I had several inquiries as to when I would finish it. Now with things settled in my personal life I can finish this story, I hope it meets with your approval, for those of you this is your first read, read part 1. Thank you for all the input I have received on all my stories I really do appreciate it.

*

As midnight arrived Elizabeth felt as if her heart would leap from her chest as hard as it was pounding. Etta had not yet arrived at the meeting place out side the castle. At once there was a noise behind her, she hid in fright but was relieved when she saw the familiar outline of Etta walking from the darkness.

"Mi-lady, are you here," she said in a hushed shout.

Elizabeth walked from the behind the bush, "Yes Etta here."

"Mi-lady all is arranged, my cousin Theodore is waiting down the road with a carriage, he will take us to London, and there we will board a ship sailing to the America's."

"The America's Etta, so far, is it wise?"

"Of course Mi-lady, they will never look for us there; they would not think that we have left the country."

"Your right of course Etta, I am just afraid. How long will it take us to reach the America's and where will we go when we get there?"

"We will land in Virginia, I have a cousin who left for Virginia several years ago, we will go to him, and I believe he will help us. We of course will no longer live as we do here Mi-lady; you need to make sure that this is truly what you want."

Elizabeth look towards the castle of her father, she turned to Etta shook her head yes and they began to walk through the woods to meet the carriage. They arrived and the carriage was waiting as expected, Etta greeted her cousin with a kiss on the cheek, and he ushered us into the carriage.

London

Arriving in London very early that morning, the carriage stopped at the dock near a large ship called the Anne Marie, they alighted from the carriage. Elizabeth looked at the large ship with trepidation in her eyes. But she knew she had to do this she had no choice now after what Lyle had done to her. She had yet to tell Etta of what had happened to her after she had left her, she feared that if she spoke aloud what had happened to her she would fall apart and not be able to aid in their escape from them. (Meaning her father and Lyle)

She and Etta waited for her cousin Theodore to return, he had gone aboard the ship moments ago to secure our passage, and give an amply believable story for our hasty retreat from England.

At that moment he came into view, walked down the plank to the dock. He walked to where we stood; he greeted us with a smile which made her feel better.

"All is well Mi-lady, as far as the captain knows you are a widow traveling to America to start over and leave memories behind. I told him that your family was trying to make you wed your husband's brother so that they could keep the family business. That as far as you were concerned that they could have it but without your marrying again. So you had decided that you would leave England and not return."

"And he believed you?"

"Yes Mi-lady, he was very sympathetic to your plight."

"Good, I thank you for all of your help. Here take this," and she handed him a gold coin.

"No Mi-lady I couldn't."

"Please Theodore, for all that you have done and will do. No one must know where Etta and I have gone."

"I am your servant Mi-lady," he said with a deep bow as he headed to get their things from the carriage and have it taken to there cabin on the ship.

Elizabeth walked to the ship with Etta at her side behind Theodore as he carried there meager belongings to their cabin. Stepping on to the ship that would take them to a new life Elizabeth could not believe how horribly scared but yet sure that this was the right decision.

As they entered the cabin it was sparsely furnished but had two beds and for now that is all that mattered to them. As Theodore placed their belongings on the beds he thanked the deck hand for his help in finding their way. . He stood still near the door for a short moment to make sure that no one was listening at the door. He then turned his attention to the two women. "Mi-lady are you quite sure that you both will be alright going alone on this journey?"

"Yes Theodore, thank you for worrying about us, but think all will be well once we are away from here."

"Thank you Theodore for all of your help, I would not have been able to do this without your help," Etta said as she hugged her cousin tightly about the neck.

"Before I should forget, I did not give the captain your real names I thought it best to not let anyone know whom you really were, so I had to make up and name quickly. Mi-lady I told him your name was Beth Williams and Etta yours is Millie. I hope they meet with your approval?"

"Beth, I like that. Thank you Theodore, I believe they will work out quite well. What do you think Millie?"

"Well mi-lady Beth, I think it will take some getting used to but I believe you are correct cousin, it is best that we not let anyone know our true identities."

Theodore went to the door, "It is time for me to go, safe journey to you both and GOD speed."

Alone in the cabin the two set about putting things away for the long journey, GOD only knew what lay in store for them on this trip and in the new world. They heard lots of commotion on the deck and knew that they were readying to sail, they heard the captain's voice shouting orders to his men and the first officer passing them along. Moments later they felt the ship begin to pitch from side to side and knew they were under way. They walked up the stairs to the deck not wanting to miss seeing England for the last time; sadly they stood at each others side as they watched their home disappear from view.

Tears rolled from Elizabeth's eyes as she worried about what laid in store for them, would they be able to make alone. She felt sure as long as her trusted friend was by her side she would be able to withstand any thing.

Day 3

On day three of the voyage, Etta became very ill from the rolling of the seas. Elizabeth seemed to be able withstand it's pitching and rolling. In a big role reversal she now was taking care of her.

In the evenings Elizabeth would walk to the upper deck to get some fresh are after taking care of Etta all day. Elizabeth loved the feel of the sea breeze whipping through her hair which she let down in the evenings, she wrapped her cloak tightly about her as the winds were chilling this evening. She stood at the railing looking out to the moonlit waters below; the occasional spray of water hitting her face was indeed refreshing.

As she stood there for awhile Mr. Phips came to stand beside her, "Good Evening Mrs. Williams, the weathers getting a little rough you should really go back below decks, it's not safe for you here, and we are coming into some bad weather."

"Thank you Mr. Phips, I assure you am fine, I thank you for thinking of me."

"Tis nothing Mrs., it's my job to insure the well being of our passengers. How is your friend feeling, the rolling from the storm will surely cause her more misery?"

"At the moment she is fine, I feel you are quite correct that her misery will surely be just be beginning. It's my hope that the storm will not last for too long. I just want a few moments more in the cool fresh air."

"Alright Mrs. as you wish, but have a care if the winds should pick up anymore."

"I will, thank you," she said as he tipped his hat and began to walk towards the bow of the ship.

The ship pitched to and fro horribly all through the night, poor Etta was up half the night her face hung over the chamber pot. It hard to believe that she had anything left to bring up since she hadn't had anything to eat other than the tea that Mr. Phips brought to them.

In the morning of the 4th day the storm seemed to have blown it's self out, fierce winds still remained and the ship cut quickly through the water. Etta felt much better as well, although she was extremely pale from her ordeal.

There was a knock at the door she knew it must be Mr. Phips with their morning tea and cakes, she went to the door opening it to him. It was indeed Mr. Phips but he didn't have a tray with him, he hastily walked into the room.

"Good morning Mrs. Williams, we are being followed by a ship of unknown origin, the captain has asked that all passengers remain in their cabins until it is determined what their intentions are. There are marauders here abouts and they attack ships steal their cargos and other valuables. Please stay here inside where you both will be safe, I will keep you informed as to what is happening."

"Thank you Mr. Phips, we will be fine here."

As Mr. Phips left she turned to Etta, how could they be fine. They were alone in the middle of the ocean no family nor friends about and their ship that was to be taking them to a new life was about to come under siege. How much worse could it be, she thought it might have been better if they had stayed at Charwood Hall.

Above decks the men were scurrying about try to rig more sail to add speed, the captain was sure that they would come under fire but was making at least a good effort to try and save his cargo and passengers.

The more time that passed Elizabeth and Etta began to feel more relief sure that if there hadn't been an attack by now they sure must have gotten away. Just then there was a loud boom from not too far away and then a splash. They had missed, but that was just the first volley. Then they heard the rush of running feet on the deck and with that an answer to their first shot. The cannons from the deck shot loudly as they returned fire towards the approaching ship. Again they heard a splash, their hearts sunk as they knew it had missed. Again the following ship fired, this time the ship lurched roughly, the two fell to the floor.

"Oh Mi-lady, she's been hit," she said as she huddled closely to Elizabeth.

"Yes I believe your right, don't worry I believe the Captain and his crew with do their best to keep us from harm."

"I hope your right mi-lady; I heard tell of what pirates do to their women captives."

"Don't be worry Etta I doubt it will come to that, it may not even be pirates."

The walls of the ship vibrated from the return fire, the men were obviously giving it a valiant effort to keep from being boarded. Elizabeth prayed that they would be successful, but knew it might be unreasonable to think that they could get away now after being struck several times now by cannon balls.

As she thought this she set in motion hiding her stash of jewels that she had taken, Etta quickly sewed the pouch into the lining of Elizabeth skirt.

"What will happen to us mi-lady?"

"I don't know Etta, but what ever may happen keep to our story is that understood. You are Millie, and I am Beth don't forget it."

"Of course, I shall not forget, but what will happen to us?"

"I don't know, perhaps they will steal all that they need and we will be left to continue our voyage."

Just then they noticed that the noise on the deck had quieted. Elizabeth began to walk toward the door. Just then there was a hard knocking upon it.

"Open this door now," was said from the other side.

Elizabeth apprehensively walked to the door moved the bolt and opened the door. As the door opened she came face to face with the most beautiful pair of blue eyes she had ever seen on a man. She stumbled backward as he burst into the room, brushing by her. She stood there staring at his broad back and shoulders, really she should feel ashamed of herself for thinking these thoughts of someone who was in a sense her captor. But she could not for some reason help herself, his obviously long blonde hair was tied at the back of his neck with a piece of brown leather, his black breeches did little to hid muscular legs, his white linen shirt was open to the waist and a red sash was tied about it. Elizabeth thought to herself, this is not how she had envisioned a pirate looking.

Just then his voice brought her back to reality, "Who may I ask are you and what is the purpose of your journey?"

"I sir am Beth Williams, widow of John who passed only weeks ago and this is my maid and friend Millie. We are travelling to Virginia to make a new start to life after my husband's death. Who may I ask are you and what are your intentions, regarding us and our ship?"

"I madam am the Captain of the Sea Serpent, my name is Jaime White. I am sorry for the loss of your husband, as for this ship. This ship and all on it now belong to me and my crew. Now, if you will excuse me I must inspect the rest of the ship so that we can make way with out much more delay."

"Underway, where are we going I must arrive in Virginia as planned?"

"Yes we sail for my island, there we will unload the cargo place it aboard another ship and send it off to be sold. The passengers as well as crew, if they so wish will be dispersed to other vessels to be returned to England."

"England, I cannot return to England, I must get to Virginia," Elizabeth could not hide the alarm in her voice at the prospect of having to return to England.

"Not to worry you can always board another ship sailing to Virginia, can you not?"

"I'm sorry you just don't understand."

"Explain it to me and I might."

"I'll not explain anything to you."

"As you wish my dear," he said as he walked to the door.

After he left Elizabeth broke into tears, Etta wrapped her arms about her, "It will be alright mi-lady, and we will find another way. I'm sure of it."

That evening there was a knock on the door, as Etta answered it a man entered the room, "The Captain begs you pardon, which of you be Mrs. Williams?"

Elizabeth took a step forward, "I am Mrs. Williams."

"Come with me, the Captain wishes a word with you."

Etta rushed to her side, "It's alright, I shall return soon."

She was escorted to the Captain's cabin, the man opened the door and she walked inside. The cabin was dimly lit, she could hardly see across the room. But she could tell that they had gone through the room searching for anything of value as things were thrown about the room and tousled.

His voice startled her, "Welcome Mrs. Williams, I thought perhaps you won't mind joining me for dinner. Please sit," he said as he held a chair for her at the table laden with an array of different foods and wine.

"Did I have much of a choice considering that I am your prisoner?"

"Prisoner, that is such a harsh word don't you think?"

"Well Mr. White considering the situation, until you let us go we are your prisoners. I felt it only wise to comply with your orders."

Jaime smiled to himself, "Jaime please."

"Mr. White I think it unwise to become too familiar with my abductor don't you think?"

"I'm sorry you think of it that way, I thought perhaps you would like to join me for a fine meal and some company during this trying time. I know I upset you with the prospect of returning you back to England, so I thought perhaps you could tell me why it is that you do not want to return?"

Elizabeth felt uneasy in this mans presence, her attraction for him made her confused. She should not be feeling this way about any man, after what she went through only a few short weeks ago. She was ensure of his motives and more unsure of herself and her reactions to him.

"Why I do not wish to return to England is my business Mr. White, I do not wish to speak of it."

"As you wish, I thought perhaps I could help you in some way," he said as he poured wine into her glass.

Jaime knew his could potentially be a bad idea to be attracted to a woman whom for one was his prisoner and two a new widow, but he found he could not help himself. He knew it would not be easy to win her trust, he was sure. He wondered about her rush to be in Virginia and her fear of returning to England.

The Island

In the morning there was a buzz of activity happening on the deck. Jaime rose from the desk and walked towards the door. Walking down the corridor he passed her door, before he knew what he was doing he had knocked.

She opened the door to him, "Would you ladies wish to get some fresh air, we are coming into the port of my island."

"I think that would be lovely," she said as she turned back to Etta.

"Come Millie it would do you some good to get some fresh air."

"As you wish mi-lady," she said as she grabbed a shawl draped over the back of high backed chair.

They followed him up the stairway that led to the deck, arriving on deck the men taking in sails. Walking to the rail she could already she the outline of the island growing nearer. It looked so beautiful with long leaved trees, white sands, and the water it was so blue. So blue, just like his eyes. She looked up just then to see them looking down at her with a smile on his face.

He called orders to the men, the men rushed to obey.

He smiled down at her, "It's beautiful isn't it?"

"It is that, what is its name?"

"They call it Mayaquana, it's a basically deserted island in the islands of the Bahamas. There is a small village there, but otherwise there is no one else on island. I hire them to help with the loading and unloading of ships, I pay them in food, fabrics, crop seeds and anything else that they could use. It really is a fantastic arrangement. The group of islands is used by most pirates or privateers as a port of call and a place to sell their wares. I have called Maya my home for many years, and I have a house there on a inlet near the shoals."

"How long will it be before you send us back to England?"

"I am not sure, are you that eager to leave my company Mrs. Williams?"

"Mr. White it is not as if we are traveling companions and we haven't been expecting to part company."

He walked away just then as a deck hand came to tell him they were ready to drop anchor. As he did a flurry of activity began to happen on deck and on shore, boats from the shore began to row out to the ship. Colored men and women adorned in beads, colorful fabrics and not much else.

"Mrs. Williams if you please return to your cabin and gather your things together, I will send a hand to help you if you need it, then after the cargo has been taken off the ship we will go to the island."

She began to protest, but a hand on her arm begging her to follow him stopped her. Jaime left them and returned to his duties.

A few hours later she and Etta along with their small amount of luggage were helped into a small boat, the men rowed the boat fluidly through the current towards the beach.

Standing on the beach as they neared was Jaime; in her mind she had no problems using his given name. Her heart pounded harder at the site of him with out his linen shirt, his skin glistening with sweat from hard work, his breeches rolled to the knees, and his boots cast aside his bare muscular legs showing. She couldn't take her eyes off of him, even though she knew she must.

The boat landed on the sand, he came to the boat lifted her from the boat and carried her to the sand, placing her on her feet on the white sand. He walked over to the men near the water gave them orders, and returned to them.

"Follow me," he said as he picked up the satchels.

We followed him through the trees; a small path had been cut to make walking much easier. As we topped a small hill, we could see in the distance a small house made of bamboo, thatch for a roof, a small walk around porch added to the charm of this hut. To the left of the house was another path that leads to a village, to the right a path leads to a waterfall with a large pool of water beneath it. Elizabeth could not believe the beauty that was surrounding her, she had seen nothing like it.

Arriving at the house, walking into the door they could see it wasn't lavish as he had said, but it was well done. It was basically one room, a cook stove and make shift wash basin in one corner, a sitting area to the other side, a large table and chairs in the center of the room. Two curtains on the other side of the room were obviously bedrooms.