Enter the Cat Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Mygypsy
Mygypsy
1,329 Followers

"I am the Boss Edwin. You do not interfere when I am setting out rules with anyone," I snarl down into his face. "Understand?"

"Yes," Edwin grunts, barely audible, after a few moments.

"What? Speak up I can't hear you," I snarl into his face forcefully.

"Yes Boss," Edwin says through clenched jaws without meeting my eyes.

I force myself to let go of his shirt and step back. My rage is seething just below the surface as I watch him turn away and head towards the kitchen. I hear the low growl rumble in his throat and I am on him again. I slam him against the wall and use a handful of hair to force him to look me in the face.

"You got something to say?" I demand savagely. I will not stand for his subtle display of lack of respect for my dominance.

"No Boss," Edwin spits out after a moment's hesitation.

As I am releasing him, it registers that I have not heard the screen door shut behind Rosy. I watch Edwin move away before glancing towards the hallway door.

I see a dark shape move in the dimness beyond the light from the lounge room. The slinking silent movements tell me it is Rosy. She is too upset to remain in the room with us but apparently feeling safe enough to stay in the quarters. I turn my attention away from her and watch Edwin sit back down where he had been earlier. I settle myself back in my earlier place and turn my attention to the TV. I listen for any noise that tells me what Rosy is doing.

"Will Sam and Mitchell be back tomorrow," Rosy's question catches me by surprise and I glance towards the doorway.

She is still back in the dimness but moves forward where I can see her better as I watch.

"They should be back sometime from close to dark on," I answer quietly.

"You can't stop me leaving," Rosy states and I realise she is trying to reassure herself that we are making no attempt to stop her leaving.

"Ok, if that's what you want to do. See you next time you visit," I say managing to keep my tone light and even.

There is no sound from the hallway or sunroom; I don't look towards the doorway. She is sure to show up tomorrow or after her brothers have returned. Soon we all begin to head to our bedrooms; Rosy's departure has dampened our interest in TV.

I am turning out the lounge room light as I leave the room to follow the others to the bedrooms. Steven isn't far ahead of me and I am strangely glad of his company as I walk quietly.

"Shit Rosy! You scared the crap out of me," Malcolm exclaims with a startled hiss.

"Can I stay in here tonight?" Rosy asks quietly.

She must have snuck up to the bedroom Malcolm and Chris shared in an effort to escape the tension in the lounge room. I know any aggression between us makes her uneasy, and I had confronted her.

She did well not to run away. The fact she stayed reaffirms my belief she will be able to adjust to clan life with gentle guidance.

"Of course you can stay here Rosy," Chris says gently.

*****

I really do not need this, is all I can think as I stare at Rosy in disbelief. Male chauvinistic pig. Had she really called me that?

"What did you just call me?" I ask tightly.

"Sounds like you think the description fit," Rosy answers and snaps a piece of bacon between her teeth.

First she insults me and now she is being blatantly disrespectful.

"Rosy, Micah is the dominant tom. You do not speak to him like that," Chris scolds.

"So it's okay to think it and believe it, just not say it?" Rosy asks as she looks straight at me.

She is being totally disrespectful and insulting. I would not permit Jazzy or even a young kitt to talk to me in such a manner!

"Just because you're a she-kitt, do not think you will not be put in your place," I say as I harden my tone.

"I don't need to shift to catch fish," Rosy says, "I can use a fishing pole, a net, a trap or even bare hands. It's easy if you know how."

I growl as I get to my feet. Is that sarcasm I hear in her voice? Does she think I am some kind of a fool?

Rosy quickly breaks eye contact, lowering her head as she averts her face and hunches her closest shoulder submissively.

"Do not try to stare me down. It will get you nowhere," I warn coldly.

Rosy looks towards the hallway, and a few moments later the screen door opens. I realise she heard someone approaching due to her brilliant hearing.

Wade walks into the room and glances around everyone at the table. He nods as if to himself.

"Jazzy and Donny will be spending the day here," Wade announces, "Micah and Edwin, you two look out for your sister."

"Great," I mutter. If Rosy continues being insolent and disrespectful towards me around Jazzy, Jazzy will object for sure. I almost groan at the thought of an argument between them.

"Is there a problem I should know about Micah?" Wade asks.

"No there's no problem Boss. I'll see to it." I say as I glance at Rosy wondering how much trouble there will be.

"Good morning Rosy. I'm glad to see you're looking much more ... rested today," Wade says tactfully. "Sam's team should arrive home shortly before dark."

"Thank you Wade," Rosy says evenly.

I am glad to see she isn't as nervous of him as Edwin and Timny had led me to believe.

"Can I have a word with you outside?" I ask Wade.

"Sure," Wade agrees, and I follow him from the building.

Wade stops not far from the door and turns to face me but he says nothing, clearly waiting for me to start the conversation.

"I need you to have your mobile with you at all times while Jazzy and Donny are here today. I started explaining a few rules to Rosy and they are clearly the opposite to what she is used to," I say without any preamble.

"Does she pose any threat to Jazzy today?" Wade demands instantly.

"I seriously doubt it," I tell him. "Jazzy is probably more likely to tell Rosy off for her behaviour and I don't want Rosy to feel she is being pushed into a corner."

"Rosy is insolent?" Wade asks.

"She has problems with correct behaviour and respect towards others." This is the closest way I can think of to explain my main concerns.

"If there is even the slightest hint of threat to Jazzy let me know immediately," Wade says tightly.

I watch as he heads for the main house before I turn around and head back into the quarters. I am not looking forward to a day of watching Rosy's behaviour towards Jazzy and Donovan.

" ...There is no way you are to shift while they are here, understand?" I hear Edwin saying seriously as I walk towards the lounge room.

Strangely I am not surprised to find Edwin will be my biggest ally today concerning Rosy's behaviour around Jazzy and Donny. He is as protective of them as I am.

"Why?" Rosy asks sounding very curious.

"Because I forbid it," I say sternly as I halt in the doorway. Rosy looks at me and gives a nod.

"Promise you'll try to be on your best behaviour?" Edwin asks levelly.

"I promise to be nice to them and I promise not to hurt either of them," Rosy says. She meets my gaze boldly, and it is clear she understands how important we consider this. I nod my acknowledgement of her understanding.

"Exactly," Edwin says softly in relief.

"Let's get this place cleaned up before they get here," I order and everyone helps tidy the lounge room and kitchen. Even Rosy helps us tidy up.

Jazzy and Donovan arrive with their usual whirlwind of excitement and descend on Rosy with enthusiasm. I watch the way she responds to them and realise that Rosy missed out on interacting with kitts and other teenagers when she was a teenager.

I watch as both Jazzy and Donny boss her around but it is all done with laughter and smiles. It isn't long before Jazzy is perched on the lounge behind Rosy as she fusses with Rosy's hair. Donovan settles down to a game on the x-box with Edwin while all the other warriors gather around.

Relief eases my concern over Rosy's possible behaviour but I am not about to let my guard down. I sit on one side of Jazzy and Steven on the other while Chris stretches out near Rosy. The morning passes calmly; the only hitch is when Jazzy wants Rosy to change to cat form to show off her unusual coat. I quickly veto the idea reminding Jazzy that Rosy isn't here for her amusement.

Surprisingly the only incident is after lunch when Jazzy mentions Rosy's up bringing by a human. I immediately growl a warning at the first signs of aggression from Rosy but Jazzy is already soothing ruffled feelings.

Soon Jazzy and Donovan are napping using Rosy as a pillow. I can't help but notice how happy all of them seem. Jazzy and Donny are getting the attention and devotion they always expect while Rosy gets the comfort of physical contact she is too nervous to allow.

Even when Sam and his team arrive back early there are no problems. The bond between Sam, Rosy and Mitchell is obvious as they greet each other. I am glad to note there are no signs of resentment or jealousy between Rosy and Jazzy concerning Mitchell.

I have no qualms when I inform Sam and Mitchell of what has been going on between their sister and Chris. I almost feel sorry for Rosy when her brothers demand her lover goes outside with them. She clearly has no idea they are only looking out for her safety and happiness.

With her brothers around, I see how Rosy becomes more confident and less defensive. I can only hope that with time she learns she can trust all of us as she instinctively trusts her brothers.

* * * * *

"It's taking some time," Steven says and I glance up the hall anxiously.

Rosy left the quarters after an argument with her brothers, and she invited them to follow her and work it out. The fact she was willing to make the effort gives me hope. She hadn't run from their conflict.

"I was hoping after Rosy had done so well at the kill yesterday she would have started to realise how much she can trust us," Dwayne says as he walks over to us.

Dwayne's comment brings to mind the task we now face. A large bull had gotten into our private stock paddock that contained the livestock kept for hunting. We now need to find out how the bull got in and if there are any other beasts that will make hunting hazardous for Marissa, Rosy, Jazzy and Donny.

"Are you going to wait all morning for them to return?" Edwin asks as he walks over.

I grin coldly as I remember the satisfaction I felt when I hit him the night before. He had been drunk and had started taunting Rosy over her involvement with Chris as well as the way she tended to cling to Mitchell. I eye the faint bruise on Edwin's chin as I rub my fist in the palm of my hand. It felt good hitting him for upsetting Rosy.

"I want Sam and Mitchell there in case we run into trouble," I say coldly, "cats I know I can trust and rely on."

"I'll stay here and keep an eye on Rosy then," Edwin says.

I hear the screen door open and the quiet murmur of voices. I am relieved not to hear arguing as I move into the lounge room.

"Good, you're back," I say as Sam and Mitchell join the warriors in the lounge room and Rosy heads to the kitchen.

"Sam, Mitchell, you can come out to the pasture. We're checking the fence line and we'll try to do a head count and work out what is in the pasture. We need to know if there are any more bulls - anything with horns, in calf or with calves at foot."

"Chris, Timny, Robby, Mikkarl and Justin, you're to stay here at the compound and do the chores. Rosy, do you want to come out to the pasture?" I ask as I turn to look at her where she is finishing her breakfast. "You'll need a good feed now in case you have to shift. You are to keep well away from the livestock and do exactly as you're told, when you're told."

"Yeah, I can check out the cattle if you have binoculars," Rosy says as she pauses eating for a moment.

"Good idea. Binoculars will give us a better view from a distance," I acknowledge. "But you'll stay where we know where you are at all times."

"Bikes or jeeps?" Sam asks.

"A jeep for fencing equipment and emergency transport, bikes for the rest of us," I decide. "You can ride a motorbike can't you Rosy?"

"Never learnt to," she says.

"Well you're not learning today. You can drive the jeep. Dwayne you go with her," I say before she can ask to ride behind one of her brothers. I want her in a solid vehicle that offers more protection than a bike if we happen on another bull.

"Steven, Edwin, Malcolm, Sam and Mitchell, we'll go around through the thicker bush, let Dwayne and Rosy take the jeep along the track. All of us will have two-ways. I don't want anyone getting separated and into a dangerous situation without being able to call for back up," I state firmly.

"You sure about Rosy coming along?" Sam asks with a frown.

"We aren't going near any cattle. She will be in the jeep and all of us will be there for protection just in case. Besides I think she'll enjoy being out and about rather than indoors," I tell him easily.

"Yeah," Sam agrees.

"You're just new to the business of being a big brother," I tell him with a grin. "Don't worry, it gets harder as they get older."

Sam shakes his head with a smile and I laugh softly as I walk away. I know I shouldn't tease him but I couldn't resist.

With Rosy safely in the jeep with Dwayne, we are soon headed out towards the stock paddock. We leave the jeep to go one way while we head around the fence line from the other end. Edwin and Malcolm check the fence while Steven, Sam, Mitchell and I keep a sharp lookout for any cattle that might be outside the paddock.

We stop as Malcolm gets off his bike to test a post and the tension in the wires strung from it. Everyone else is busy looking around watching for cattle or goats; I turn my attention to the ground. Other than tracks where the bikes have gone through the thick grass there is no other sign of traffic, either on wheels or hoof.

"Micah," Sam calls and I look his way. He is waving his two-way and I pull mine from the case and strap that attaches it to the handlebars.

I frown in annoyance when I see it is not the one I usually carry. It is an old one with poor volume. I lift it to my ear and depress the button on the side.

"What," I ask forcing myself not to reveal my annoyance.

"Micah, we found a big tree over the fence," Dwayne says evenly. "Rosy reckons a cow and new-born calf went through. She picked up some stuff off the ground."

"Make sure you keep a close eye on her! I don't want her off by herself," I snap.

"Rosy is currently up a tree with the binoculars. She's not going anywhere," Dwayne says calmly.

"Well keep an eye on her. We shouldn't be long," I tell him before putting the two-way back in its case.

"Come on, let's get moving," I yell to the others.

It doesn't take us more than five minutes to reach Dwayne at the fence line, trimming limbs from a fallen tree. When he turns off the chainsaw he glances into the paddock for several moments before looking my way.

"Where is Rosy? Why aren't you with her?" I demand as I get off my bike and stalk towards him.

"She's perched high up in a tree. You can see her blue top in that big tree -- about halfway up, near the trunk, third tree to the left from the tree with the dead limb," Dwayne says as he points towards the tree.

It only takes me a moment or two before I catch sight of the bright blue of her top. Reassured she is safe and out of harm's way I turn my attention back to the tree that is across the fence.

"Rosy picked this up on the inside of the fence line," Dwayne says handing me a piece of something that is whitish and rubbery. "She said it came off the foot of a new-born calf, no more than a few days old."

I hear the concern in his voice as I turn the stuff over between my fingers before passing it to Sam who is watching with a concerned look on his face.

"Steven, I'm going to speak with Rosy. You come along as well. The rest of you get working on that tree. No-one, and I mean no-one, goes off by himself," I warn before heading into the paddock.

Both Steven and I are vigilante as we walk towards the trees. Thankfully there is no sign of any cattle but we search past the tree to make sure. Satisfied the area is relatively safe, I make my way back to the tree Rosy is perched in.

"Find anything?" I ask and Rosy gives a jerk before looking down at me.

"Yeah, there's a group of six beasts well past weaning. Two appear to be 'Micky' bulls, older uncut bull calves. One is an Angus which is not horned the other is a Hereford with horns about five or six inches long. The other four appear to be females. In another group are two big bullocks with horns and a cow is feeding near them. I'm sure she has a young calf nearby. Still got a bit of ground to look over though," she answers back clearly.

"Come back to the jeep when you're finished," I order before heading back towards the fence line.

Bulls! Bullocks with horns and a cow with a young calf! How much worse could it get?

We are back at the fence line before I realise I didn't leave Steven to stay with Rosy and ensure her safety. I hesitate for a moment. Rosy admitted to avoiding cattle as prey so it stands to reason she'd avoid them if any came near when she headed back here.

With both Dwayne and Mitchell using chainsaws, the tree is well on its way to being turned into a pile of firewood. Cut into short lengths it could be transported back to the main buildings and either we use it or give it away to be used in a few months.

I discard my watch and t-shirt before joining the others moving the braches out of the way. With all of the branches cut off and the tree trunk cut into manageable sections, I stop to wipe sweat from my forehead as I glance around. When I don't see Rosy I glance at my watch; we have been here over an hour. I look towards the tree she had been perched in but see no sign of her.

"Is Rosy here? Has anyone seen her?" I ask as I glance from face to face with growing concern. There are no replies only growing concern on everyone's face as they glance around.

Fear churns in my stomach. Rosy herself had said there are bulls, horned cattle and a nursing cow in the paddock. Terrifying visions of Rosy being charged and trampled invade my mind. Or there was the danger of being gored ... maybe stuck up a tree somewhere, frightened and alone.

"She's probably just gone to find a private place to pee," I say. "Edwin and Malcolm come with me. The rest of you get this done."

Edwin and Malcolm are the most able to read signs or track. If Rosy has gone away from the tree they might be able to say which way she headed.

I grab a deep drink of water as Sam and Dwayne use two steel posts to right the wooden fence post. The slight sound of something approaching catches my attention and I look into the paddock to see Rosy walking towards us casually. She is looking around rather than watching where she is going and she is wearing a huge smile, clearly having a great time.

I am fearing the worst, and she is traipsing around having a fun filled time. My fear for her safety quickly changes to anger. She has had more than enough time to walk directly from that tree to here. So that means she went wandering around by herself.

"Where did you go?" I demand as she I ducks between the strands of wire.

"Back through there," Rosy says and lifts a hand and points back into the paddock. "There was a cow down and ..."

"Didn't you listen to what I told you?" I demand angrily. "I said you keep well away from the livestock and we were to know where you were at all times!"

"But the cow was down and she needed help," Rosy says hotly.

Clearly she has no regard for the fact I, heck all of us, had been worried about her.

"You disobeyed me," I yell angrily and Rosy glares at me. Can't she see I had been concerned about her safety? She could have been hurt!

"I couldn't not help ..." Rosy starts to say, brushing aside my concern casually.

Mygypsy
Mygypsy
1,329 Followers