Ep. 03 A Desperate Caress

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Daria got up and took the corset off, then began getting dressed in sweats and a t-shirt.

"I really hate to kick you out, sweets," she said, "but I have to work, early tomorrow afternoon."

"It's okay. I have school tomorrow anyways and, as it is, I'm probably not gonna get much sleep. I've got a feeling that, if I stayed, neither of us would get much rest."

They were both lying to each other; Daria worked third shift, and Randy was taking another week off from school. Randy crawled from the bed and dressed in silence. The physical chemistry that had existed between them was gone, replaced by a terrible awkwardness. The two had gone from strangers, to chums, to lovers, and back to strangers, all within a matter of hours.

The awkwardness persisted as Daria drove him back to Arkham, with Randy breaking the silence only to give her directions. Soon, but in some ways not soon enough, Daria's car was in front of Randy's house.

"Thanks for the ride home, Daria," he said. "I really appreciate it."

"No problem, Randy," Daria said with a smile. "It was the very least I could do, after the 'ride' you gave me!"

"Will we ever see each other again?" he asked soberly.

"Well, if you're ever at Emergence again, you might find me," she shrugged.

Randy got out of the car and walked around to the driver's side, giving her one last kiss and wishing her a safe trip back home.

"Thanks . . . for everything," he whispered the words in her ear, then pulled away and headed toward the house.

Daria watched as he walked into the front door and out of her life forever. She turned the ignition and drove off. She held her emotions in check until she came to a small convenience store along the road. Pulling into the parking lot, she shut off the engine and cried harder than she had in over ten years.

* * * * * * *

Mi Na Cho ran down the sidewalk leading to her front door as the school bus pulled away from the curb. It was a crisp Monday afternoon, and the leaves were starting to turn. Normally, she would've taken her time to admire the scenery. Not today. She was too worried for her brother. He had spent all of the previous week crying and sitting motionless on the edge of his bed. Last night, he had gone out with his friends and hadn't come home until the wee hours of the morning. When she passed by his room on her way to breakfast, she peered in to see him out cold still in his clothes. She didn't understand what was happening. All she knew was that Randy was sad because Rachel broke his heart. Her mind couldn't comprehend why, and her mother and grandparents weren't forthcoming with answers.

"You'll understand when you're older," they told her. "Now, just leave Brother alone."

She stopped running when she got to her house, then stamped her foot.

'I'm not going to leave him alone,'she thought.'Brother needs me.'

She clutched the gift she had gotten for Randy in one hand, then stepped inside the house and up to Randy's room. She tapped on the door, then opened it slowly. He was in his usual spot: sitting perfectly still on the edge of his bed, seemingly more morose than before. She hated seeing her brother like this. Mi Na had always been one of the only people he'd ever opened up to and, by the same token, he had always been fiercely protective of her ever since their father left. Now it was her turn to protect him. Her hand squeezed the gift, a fistful of flowers, harder as she slowly approached the hulking form of her brother. She had never seen him like this, and had no idea how he would react. Mi Na tapped him gently on the shoulder.

Slowly, Randy faced his intruder. He had spent the past several hours contemplating his future, whether or not he was destined to be used and discarded by any woman he allowed himself to be involved with. He looked, and his eyes met Mi Na's. She looked almost pensive as she clutched a bunch of flowers in her fist, offering it to him. He took them gingerly from her and stared at them, then looked back at Mi Na.

"*I love you, Ran-Jong," she said, and then hugged him so hard he nearly fell backwards. "Don't be sad anymore, please?"

Gently, he laid the posies on his bureau, and then held his sister tightly, tears streaming down his face.

"*I love you, too, Mi Na," he croaked, "I love you, too . . . and thank you."

Mi Na didn't realize that her simple gesture helped her brother's heart finally begin to heal, and may have saved his life. The two siblings were unaware that their mother had entered the room. Quietly, she took in the image, framing it forever in her memory. Then she tip-toed to the bed and, sobbing, held her two offspring in her arms.

[A HUGE thank-you to StogieMon for his continued assistance in polishing up the ongoing trials and tribulations of Randy Cho! You rule, man! To get Rachel's perspective, read "Rolling Shadows of Night". To be continued . . . ]

  • COMMENTS
2 Comments
janiexxjaniexxover 17 years ago
Beautifully written

You write exceptionally well and I was involved with your characters every step of the way.

You conveyed the deep emotions Randy and Daria were feeling very well.

An interesting and enjoyable chapter.

janiexx

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Brilliant!

I really liked this one, had a thousand elements to it. Loved the depth in this too, everyone seems fleshed out without going over the top. Very cool!

Share this Story

Similar Stories

Ep. 08 I Need You To Stay Daria's return, and the conclusion of Randy's story.in Group Sex
Ep. 07 With You I Never Wonder Once and for all, Randy finally finds true love.in Erotic Couplings
Ep. 05 Time Cannot Erase Questions answered, and a tearful reunion.in Interracial Love
Ep. 04 Rolling Shadows of Night A heartbroken Rachel gets comfort from an unexpected source.in Lesbian Sex
Ep. 02 Love Me Tomorrow Randy and Rachel explore their relationship.in Interracial Love
More Stories