Erika Blossoms Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I've thought long and hard about this, and this is my definition of Love with a capital L: When you care about your partners happiness more than your own, and you know for a fact that he – or she – feels exactly the same way. That is True Love."

I knew he wasn't in what you would call a fulfilling marriage with my step-mom, but it was comfortable and easy. And the truth about what he was saying hit me between the eyes. He recognized what kind of relationship I was in, because he was in one too.

My mother died in a car accident when I was 8. Daddy remarried quickly in what I had always suspected was because he thought my little brother and I needed a mom.

"And sweetheart, this is the bottom line. You have to know yourself before you can have any of that. You have to invest in the process of self-examination to decide what you really want. Don't go through life being led around by others expectations or by unacknowledged desires. Invest the time it takes in self-reflection to figure out what it truly is that will make you happy."

We had arrived at the restaurant. My brother, step-mom and half-brother were waiting by the front door.

"Look at me sweetheart. I'm here for you. Anything. Anytime. Anywhere. When you're ready, just whistle!" He smiled warmly.

I was on the verge of tears.

"Can I have a minute, Daddy. I need to touch up my makeup."

"Of course, Honey. I'll see you inside." He gave my hand a squeeze and got out of the car singing some hokey old country song. "You don't have to call me darlin', dar-LINNNN', you NEVER EVEN call me BY MY name!" he bellowed as he walked away.

I loved him fiercely.

I took a minute to check myself in the mirror, and sent Jana a quick text. "Didn't hear a word of the sermon. Too busy thinking about you. Be home after lunch. I love you."

I walked in and had a nice meal with my family.

12