Fallout Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Mike grinned with excitement.

"Oh, when are you guys going to do that?" Mike asked.

"I think he said tomorrow around noon. Why?" Julia said with a serious face. She was pretty good at acting this out.

Mike stopped grinning, matching her serious look and gazed into her soft eyes. The two stared at each other for awhile, then started to move their heads closer together.

Their mouths were almost touching when Mike said, "I was just wandering." With that he scooted off Julia's lap and stood up, his legs shaking a little. He knew he just won the game when Julia sighed and looked at him with an agitated look. She got up, walked past Mike, and playfully smacked his butt. She giggled and sprinted out the door. Now it was Mike's turn to sigh.

***

Next morning Mike woke up with his head having waves of pain, each one stronger than the last. He slowly rubbed where he hit his head and tried to blink away the pain. He struggled through his routine and was just about to leave when he saw the robe draped over the chair. He walked over and examined it. It was white with a gold trim and had his first name embroidered in gold script. He then put on the robe and noticed that there was a note attached to it. It said, 'To Mikey, so you don't have to walk around your room in nothing but a towel.' Mike chuckled and headed to the desk in the lobby.

When he got to the lobby he asked the worker at the desk if they had any razors.

"We sure do, please wait a minute." The female employee said. Mike looked around the empty room and brought his attention back to the clerk.

She went back into one of the doors and searched through the closet.

"Razors. Razors. Razors. Ahh here we are!" She said to herself. She turned back and walked over to Michael and said, "By the way, I think you look very handsome with a beard."

"Oh... Thanks, I was just thinking about switching it up." He said as he took the plastic razor from her hand, "You know, trying something new."

He grabbed one of the apples from a bowl they had on the desk and ran back to his room to start cleaning up his appearance.

He tore off the saran wrap on the apple when he got to his door. He opened the door and took a few quick bites while he was walking towards the sink. He set the apple down on the marble countertop and checked out his reflection. The man staring back at him was wild looking and unkept. He turned on the hot water while he put a comb through his beard and hair. He tested the temperature of the water than splashed some onto his face. His right hand searched the drawers underneath the sink while the other hand dug into his pant pockets and pulled out the razor. He finally found the shaving cream in the lowest drawer and sprayed some into his hand and lathered it onto his beard. Next, he put the razor under the hot water then he began to shave. When he was done, he looked at his reflection and saw a totally different man. This one had a slightly better appearance but looked very serious. There was a diagonal white line that ran from his chin and stopped just below the nose. The scar matched up perfectly to the one on his lip. He frowned at the scar that must have been there for years, it made him look like he was always scowling. Last, he ran his hand through the mess of hair on top of his head. The bangs hung down past his eyebrows so he usually slicked it back, giving him a business look. He wet his hair and combed it back into its regular place. Now that he looked very clean cut, he smiled at his appearance and went to change into his recently washed clothes.

Mike was done around 11:30 a.m. and started to feel unsteady. He never seemed to get nervous in the countless fights he got into... But now, it was a whole different ball game. This territory that he was placed in suddenly was strange and foreign. The exotic place where he had to talk with civilized persons. 'Men truly fear what they don't know.' Michael thought to himself. He slowed his breathing and closed his eyes, which made an attempt to control the butterflies that restlessly battered his stomach. When he was out on his own he use to meditate often. Every night he would always face the only entrance of his make shift shelter and try to clear his mind of all the worries and anxieties. He mentally created his safe spot inside his head. He could always go there when times were tough. He stayed in his safe spot until he heard a knock at his door. He looked at the device attached to his left forearm. It read 11:50, so Julia must have been early. Just before he opened the door the butterflies sucker punched his stomach and he felt even more nervous than before.

He slowly opened the door to see Julia leaning against the doorframe with one of her arms rubbing the other unsteadily. ' At least I'm not the only one who is nervous.' Michael thought. She looked up at Michael with wide eyes and said, "Who are you?!"

He rubbed his naked face and said, "There's that much of a difference, eh?"

Her face started to redden, "I don't mean this in a bad way, but yeah there is!"

She continued, "You look more handsome this way though!"

Michael smiled at Julia's enthusiasm. He looked at her up and down and she looked about the same except she wore faded jeans that fit rather tightly and a red and blue flannel shirt. The clothes were rather flattering on her. Her expression changed when she saw Mike checking her out. It was one of uncertainty and worry.

He finally said, "Thank you, Julia. You look beautiful as always."

Her eyes got a little bigger and were a little moist. It wasn't because of the comment itself but it was because of his honesty. She knew he meant every word that he said.

She cleared her throat and said, "So, are you ready to go?"

He smiled once more and said, " Yeah, if you are."

She smiled and walked him down the halls and into the lobby. She waved at the employee that was sitting at the desk. They must have been friends because the other one shouted, "You finally got a date!" Julia just responded by flicking her off. Before the couple stepped outside, Julia put on a pair of sunglasses while Mike wrapped the thick scarf around his face.

Julia walked in front of Mike, which he was glad about. He would watch her ass bounce as she guided him down the corroded asphalt. She would point at a building and say what it was used for and who works there but Michael was zoned out. He looked around oblivious to what she was talking about and noticed how many people were staring at him. After she finished explaining how the two-story, brick house was used for a hospital Mike asked,

"How many outsiders do you guys get?"

She looked back at the handsome man who was nervously looking at the crowd of onlookers. She grabbed his hand and pulled him further down the road. She finally said, "You are the first to walk in the streets, Michael."

Michael responded with a raised eyebrow. He wasn't sure if it was about her statement or the fact that they were holding hands. He could feel his nerves go crazy all the way up his arm. Just the simple touch of Julia made him more energized and awake.

"Well, the king usually... Um, he usually kills anyone who tries to get in." Julia said in a hushed tone.

Michael looked at her for moment, unable to see the look in her eye. He walked a little faster, still holding Julia's hand even though he had no clue were he was going.

"I must be lucky." He said.

"They say people judge others by their looks and well you look pretty dangerous. I think the King is afraid of you." Julia said joyfully.

"You are glad that the King fears me?" He asked rhetorically and started to ramble, "Fear makes people uncomfortable. People get wrapped up in wanting to understand, because then you know what the problem is or what you are facing. I'm afraid that the King will do something irrational..."

"Anyone can see that he will try to use you." She said as she gripped his hand firmly.

They walked in silence as they turned right onto a street that was surprisingly in good shape. Sand had gathered at the edges of the road, and from the sand there was scarce vegetation. Every once in awhile, there would be a group of weeds and sometimes a wild flower protruding the pile of sand.

"Ah, you might need to know where this building is, Mikey." Julia said as she pointed out at a small but very wide building. It had concrete walls and very few windows. The few windows that it had were covered by steel bars. It had a wooden door that looked like it was reinforced by metal. All together, the building looked more like a bunker.

"That's the military headquarters. The two buildings next to it are the barracks. I doubt the King will make you move into there but just in case." She continued.

Mike nodded in silence. Next to the bunker were two apartment buildings made out of brick that stood several stories high. The front sides looked like they had caught fire a few years ago and some of the bricks were missing.

The couple walked a few yards when Mike heard a lady yell, "Hey big guy, do you want some entertainment?"

Michael looked over to the other side of the street to see a woman wearing a torn up dress. She had long, blonde, tangled hair and she was wearing high-heeled boots. Michael thought she looked pretty in a whorish kind of way. 'That's probably what she is' he concluded

Julia just leaned over and whispered into Mike's ear, "That's the penthouse, most of the soldiers go there on their free time. Just ignore her and keep walking."

"Don't worry honey, you can watch if you have the money!" The hooker said with a laugh.

Mike could see Julia's cheeks getting redder and she started to walk at a faster pace. As they passed the prostitute, the woman laughed obnoxiously loud.

Julia kept her fast pace until they saw a field. It had giant trees that were towering but also had new saplings organized in rows. The grass was unkept and went up to Mike's shins. Julia slowly walked across the field and stopped under an old oak tree. She motioned for Michael to come over.

Mike said while he walked, "What is this place?"

"The elders said it was once called Central Park but they renamed it the Garden of Eden. I don't know what they mean by it..." She answered.

"The Garden of Eden was the first paradise. Man was created there but fell due to temptation." He explained, then rubbed his head.

"How did you know that?" Julia said astonished.

Mike paused for a moment then said, "I have no clue..."

Julia could tell how much anguish Mike was in just trying to remember.

"Wait here." She said. She jumped and grabbed onto one of the lower branches and pulled herself up. Mike watched Julia climb the tree with amazement, she was more athletic than Michael thought. He made note of that. He heard some leaves rustling and watched a few fall down.

"Heads up!" She said as she dropped the woven basket down to Michael. Mike's reflexes kicked in and he caught the basket. It had a wool blanket that was folded up covering the contents of the picnic basket. Julia jumped down from the tree and landed with ease.

"What's this?" Mike questioned.

Julia said gleefully, "Lunch!"

She took the blanket from Mike, unfolded it, and set it neatly on the ground. She grabbed the basket next and set it in the middle of the blanket. She sat down cross-legged and Mike followed her example.

"Hey Mike?" Julia said as she distributed the plates and food. The meal was composed of mostly fruit but also had vegetables and bread. She finally pulled out a canteen of fresh water.

Mike looked up at noticed that Julia looked concerned. He said with curiosity, "What's wrong, Julia?"

"You are a good person and I'd doubt that you would do this but..." She said hesitantly, "Don't hang out with the soldiers. I mean some of them are good but most of them are jerks. Its your choice but don't go near the stripper... uh, club. There is a lot of disease because of it."

Mike thought that she was still bothered by the whore that called to them on the streets.

Mike said, still making eye contact, "Well you have nothing to worry about. I wouldn't want to spend my money on dirty prostitutes for some dirty excuse of love. I try not to be tempted by any pleasures."

'Wow I sound like some priest' Michael thought to himself, "... Wait... What's a priest again?'

"So are you against sex?" She said in a tone Michael couldn't recognize.

"Only if it is meaningless, I suppose." Mike was wondering why they were talking about this. He looked down at his food, uncomfortable because of the subject.

He started to eat his lunch when Julia said gleefully, "Good!"

Mike stopped and looked up. 'What does that mean?' He thought. He decided to let it pass and finished his meal.

"Thanks for the food, Julia. It was good." Mike said sophisticatedly.

Before she could respond Mike saw two men crossing the road and heading towards the couple. Mike stood and looked directly at them, the two men looked away but still continued to walk towards them. Michael could make out that one was holding something rather dangerous looking. Mike said with a steely tone, "Climb into the tree, Julia."

Julia followed his gaze then quickly jumped up the tree while the two men were still looking away.

Michael covered up the left over food and sat on the ground. He closed his eyes and meditated on the sound of the couple walking in the grass. He could hear the crunching of the dry grass and the clinking of metal against metal. As the crunches of their steps got louder and closer Mike heard one say, "Hey hustler!"

Mike's eyes snapped open and looked at the man who just spoke. Mike could only describe this guy with one word. Big. The man was bald and wore a sleeveless T-shirt with black jeans that were scratched up. He had a large tangled beard.

The other man spoke, "I could of swore that there was a woman with yah. What happened to her?"

Mike slowly looked over at him and held his gaze. This man was the opposite of the first. He had unnaturally skinny limbs that were woven with veins that stuck out. He wore cargo shorts with a long sleeved shirt.

Michael said coldly, "Your eyes deceive you. What is your business?"

"Our business?" The skinny guy said with a laugh, "I don't know. What is our business, Doug?"

The large guy, who must have been Doug, said with a smile "We find things of value."

Mike looked back to Doug.

"You don't happen to have anything that needs to be found, right?" Doug said while he starred at the device attached to Michael's arm.

Michael was silent. He looked over at the skinny guy who was holding a dangerous looking knife behind his back. Mike slowly stood up.

"Ah. So that's the way it has to be." Doug said.

Doug pulled out a knife that matched the skinny guy's. Michael got into his fighting stance and put his arms up. This act made him look like a common boxer, the two men smiled at how easy this was going to be. They both ran at him yelling and waving knives in the air. Mike rolled in between the two and grabbed the skinny man's arm that was holding the knife and swung at Doug. It cut the big guy severely in the chest and blood poured out of the wound. Next, Mike easily overpowered the skinny guy and made him stab himself in the chest. The knife must have punctured the lung because the skinny guy coughed blood all over the side of Michael's face. He turned around just in time to block Doug's swing. Mike tried to punch the man but Doug caught his fist. Michael brought his forehead down on the big guy's nose. He could hear the bone snap and blood came out of Doug's nose like a waterfall. While he was still dazed, Mike walked behind him and put him in a sleeper hold. After a few seconds Doug was unconscious and slumped down to his knees.

"Michael!" Julia said while she dropped down from the tree. She walked over to him and touched the side of his face that wasn't covered in blood, "Are you ok, honey?"

"Turn away from me and leave. I must do something." He said coldly. Julia could tell he wasn't himself. She didn't move.

"These men would kill for money. They deserve nothing but death." He explained. Julia thought it sounded like he was trying to convince himself more than explain to her.

Julia turned around but didn't walk anywhere.

Mike walked over to the sleeping Doug and stood there gazing down at him with rage. He placed his foot on his head.

Julia cringed when she heard Mike's foot bashing in Doug's skull. It first sounded like he was stomping on the ground but it later turned into a wet splashing noise. She heard him let out a heavy sigh and say, "Walk back to the hotel, I will be behind you. Don't look back, OK?"

She obeyed and walked back to the hotel. She could hear his footsteps close behind her. She looked around at all the people who stopped and stared at the person following her. Mothers shielded their child's eyes and the soldiers frowned at Mike. She heard people murmur some remark about him. After several minutes of this Julia finally reached the hotel and went inside. She walked down the halls and unlocked his hotel room and stepped inside.

"Don't look, I'm going into the bathroom to change my clothes." Mike said.

She heard him walk quickly and shut the door. Mike took of his shoes and pants in disgust. He saw pieces of skull and brains on both items. He was a monster, sicker than any twisted cannibal. He had blood lust. He killed people because he liked it and he covered it with the excuse that his victims are bad people. Mike walked over to the toilet and puked up his lunch.

"Mikey? Are you OK?" He heard Julia say.

He threw up a little more and flushed the toilet. He looked in the mirror and saw the sadistic murderer stare back at him. A couple strands of hair were hanging down from the rest of his slicked back hair. He turned on the faucet and started to wash of the blood from his face. Afterwards he combed his hair back into place and pulled of his shirt to put on his robe.

After a few minutes Mike came out of the bathroom to see Julia sitting on his bed with a worried look. She looked unsteady and shook up.

"Sorry, Jules." He said.

Julia stood up and walked over to him. She hugged him with all her strength and when she pulled away she looked deep into Michael's eyes. They were distant and cold, unwelcoming. His right eye was now a sick green while his gold eye had no luster to it. She had to do something, she knew that he would go crazy fighting himself over whatever was bothering him...

Julia held the side of Michael's head and got up on her tippy toes. She angled her head and leaned in to kiss him. The couple's lips pressed against each others, they held it until they were out of breathe. She pulled away to see Michael slowly open his eyes, his bright, attentive eyes came back. He laughed a little but was stopped by Julia's kiss. They hugged once more then Julia said hesitantly, "I need to go."

Mike nodded and let go of her. Julia walked over to the door while biting her lip.

"I have to work tomorrow and over the weekend but we might be able to meet later in the day." Julia said.

Michael nodded, "OK."

Julia watched him become distant again. 'Maybe I could help him another time...' She thought.

"Bye." She said and left the room.

Mike walked over to the shower and turned it on. He stripped of his clothes, opened the sliding door, and sat down with the freezing water pouring on him.

***

"Mike wake up! We have to go!" Said a familiar voice.

Something roughly shook him awake. Mike struggled to open his eyes and saw several soldiers peering down at him.

"Charles?" Mike hoarsely said.

"Get him a uniform and give him a rifle, Allen!" The King yelled.

Mike looked over to wear the King was standing. He was wearing his usual suit but there were soldiers standing all around him.