Following the Feeling Ch. 06

Story Info
Sleepover!
5.4k words
4.75
67.1k
69

Part 6 of the 9 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 09/25/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Thank you again for your comments and interest in this little tale of mine. I'm also thankful for the extra help I receive. After Chapter 5's disaster I decided to enlist the help of an editor. Hope you enjoy!

CricketMuse

** ** *** ** **

Dawn's red silken tendrils followed a small caravan of vehicles as they wended their way quietly through the sleeping streets. They drove past downtown, the suburbs and headed into an area still relatively untouched by man's development. The pine trees grew thicker here, the nocturnal critters headed to bed, bellies full of the night's repast. A few miles from town the caravan turned into a long driveway and parked in front of the two-story home.

Kiera exited her car, followed closely by Grayson who had insisted on riding with her. The others: half a dozen werewolves, three paranormals and one human all headed inside after them. She gave a brief tour then left them to take a shower. The stench from her attacker clung to her clothes, hair and skin. Afterwards her small injuries were disinfected and bandaged. Grayson had offered to heal them for her, but the process of having her wounds licked discomfited her. She was too tired to notice the spasm of hurt that crossed Grayson's features at her refusal.

Kiera used the distraction of Grayson giving orders to his pack for guard duty to slip upstairs to her bedroom. She looked under the bed to find Bianca and Felix hiding from the chaos downstairs. Satisfied they were safe and had food, she crawled into her king sized bed and snuggled into the cool covers. Amber bounded into the bed with the same enthusiasm she'd exhibited earlier and they both were joined by Jasmine scant moments later.

There was a reason Kiera had a king sized bed, but it had little to do with any sort of male company. When the four paranorms had moved to Aventon this was their first residence. Amber snuck into Kiera's bed frequently enough to warrant the purchase. As the bar's profit increased Mason and Jasmine moved into their own places. Only Amber had not purchased a permanent domicile, but rather traveled between the three homes.

With her closest friends at her side Kiera had no difficulty in tuning out the clamor emanating from downstairs and fell into a deep sleep.

** ** *** ** **

She was standing on a beach, the waves licking at her toes. She watched the sunset before her turn the blue sky into a kaleidoscope of colors. She closed her eyes and listened to the steady whoosh and hush of the waves, her toes sinking deeply into the spongy sand at her feet. This was her quiet place, the place she came to be still and at peace. She let the turbulent thoughts in her mind ripple away like the tide, ignored the hum of emotions that were not her own and stared into the dying light of day. Just briefly she wished for a warm presence to be pressed against her back.

A rustle interrupted her meditation; she sluggishly turned her head towards the source. A man clothed in shadows walked out from the sea grass and headed towards her. She held her breath, but released it when the shadow became substance.

"We should talk," Mason said without welcome.

Kiera sighed, her happy place was supposed to be inviolate, but Mason could breach her mental walls while her body slept.

"I don't suppose this could wait until morning," she asked, "I was having a moment."

Looking towards the sunset he replied, "I see that, but as you know privacy is no longer an option while we're awake. I got stuck sharing a room with Gareth, by the way. Thanks for your help there."

"Oh don't be so prissy, he won't come on to you. Not unless you invite him to that is. Are you feeling insecure?"

Mason dug his toes in the sand grumbling, "No, that's not the point. This is our house I should have my own room."

With brow arched Kiera asked, "Is this what you wanted to talk to me about? Because, Mason, I could really use the alone time right now."

"No I wanted to talk to you about our current situation. Jasmine isn't nearly as concerned as she ought to be and I can't get into Amber's head."

"She's busy acting as my mental buffer," Kiera explained. "How come I'm the last one you've approached?"

"Because you're the closest to those...people and I wasn't sure how you felt about this state of affairs. I want to get away from them, but I can't leave you guys behind."

"Why can't you?" Kiera shrugged. "We're supposed to be well protected by those people and it was my insistence that had you all here with me."

"So what, you're fine with this? Your house has been invaded by werewolves for crissakes and one of them attacked you tonight! Their leader is all over you like white on rice and I haven't seen you balk once. What's going on here, K?"

The sun reversed direction and started its ascent to the sky. The calm she'd managed was gone and Kiera needed the warmth to comfort her.

"First," she answered calmly, "the creature that attacked wasn't one of them as you insinuated. Yes, it was a werewolf, but Grayson and his pack are different. They're...civilized. Second, my relationship with Grayson will quickly become none of your damn business if you don't watch your tongue. I'm not sure what's going on between us, but I'm not going to dismiss him simply because you don't approve. The girls don't have a problem with it and neither should you. It's not really anything yet so don't worry about it. I like him and am attracted to him, but you know I'm not just going to jump into something serious."

Mason had the clearest blue eyes when he was angry, they nearly glowed with emotion. He huffed, "I don't know what is going on, but it seems pretty serious, K. I hope you realize that before it's too late."

With that he turned to walk back into the sea grass. "I'll see you at breakfast," he said over his shoulder and then disappeared.

Kiera looked up at the now blazing sun and realized her quiet time was over.

** ** *** ** **

Kiera woke up to an empty bed. She stretched lazily and looked over at the clock on her nightstand; it was already two o'clock. She was a bit surprised she'd slept around eight hours, the first full night's rest she'd had in over a month. Nature's call lured her to the bathroom, one look at her hair made her wince. The short cut was easy to style, but was nigh unmanageable when slept on wet. She hopped back in the shower to freshen up and relax the tight muscles in her back. The cuts are her neck protested against the hot water, but she made sure to clean them thoroughly. She was shaving her legs when she picked up Amber's approach. Moments later she heard the creak from the toilet seat.

"Morning, love," Kiera greeted. "Is everything okay?"

"Yes, but it's the afternoon now," a sing song voice replied. "Can we do something fun for our sleepover tonight? We all fell asleep too fast last night."

Kiera smiled, thinking her friend unflappable. Amber was cheerful in most situations and seemed unfazed by their recent experience. It was comforting after her conversation with Mason.

"Sure, what would you like to do tonight?"

"I don't know, we'll think of something. Jasmine is arguing with one of the guards, she wants to go to the store but they won't let her. She doesn't like your coffee."

Jasmine didn't like being told what she could and couldn't do, but Kiera didn't point that out. Having so many people under one roof was bound to cause issues, especially when half of them were strangers; and werewolves.

"She's going to try to sneak out," Amber finished.

"Did she tell you that?"

"No." Amber hummed. "The bad wolf is far away, they should let her go."

Kiera paused in her shaving. "Do you know where the bad wolf is, Amber?"

"No, I can't see him. But they'll catch him soon, it won't help much though. He's just a thug hired for a job. Did he hurt you badly?"

"He didn't hurt me badly, just scared me a lot. Do you see anything else that can help them, Amber?"

Kiera learned the best way to keep Amber focused was to ask direct questions. Sometimes she freely offered what she'd envisioned, but many times it had to be drawn out. The process was frustrating to Jasmine who was too impatient, but Kiera had honed the skill of questioning her clairvoyant friend.

"Nothing else, sorry. A bank is going to be robbed though," she added as an afterthought.

Kiera didn't question her further. The robbery could take place locally or miles away and at any given time. She continued shaving as both were content to be silent. The silence was short lived though, Jasmine was coming towards them.

"This is intolerable!" she complained. "They won't let me leave, they won't run my errand, and they aren't any help at all!"

"Good afternoon," Kiera called lightly.

Jasmine humphed and then screeched, "Get out of here!"

The bathroom's small space was getting more crowded by the minute. Kiera searched to discover at least two more people present, only one of which was slightly familiar. She was grateful for the barrier of the opaque shower curtain, but still felt a bit uncomfortable.

"We just wanted to make sure you weren't trying to jump out the window," a feminine voice said. "Our orders are to keep you safe and that entails..."

"I don't care," Jasmine shrieked, "I don't have to follow your commander's orders! I want my coffee!"

Kiera grinned. Jasmine's only real link to her Persian heritage was her love of strong coffee; the rest of her was all American. She'd been the target of Jasmine's caffeine withdrawals before and didn't want to interfere.

"Kiera, can you explain to them how important this is to me? I can't seem to get it through their thick wolf skulls."

Kiera sniggered quietly, again comforted that Jasmine wasn't feeling threatened by their new acquaintances. Her laugh made her knick her knee cutting the laugh off.

"Kiera, is that you in there?" a male voice asked. "It's me, Derek."

"Hey there, how are you feeling?" Kiera inquired politely. Why not make small talk with virtual strangers while naked in the shower? Her life was never going to be normal anyway.

"I'm much better, thanks. Are you okay in there? 'Cause I can smell blood." Derek's voice was closer than before.

"Just peachy, but I could use a little priva..."

"What's going on in here? Ginny, it's your turn to patrol. Derek, get back downstairs and give the women a little privacy."

Grayson's perusal took in Jasmine's fuming countenance and Amber's serene one. He smelled a third body and realized in that moment that Kiera was in the shower. His head swiveled to the gold damask shower curtain and willed it to be transparent. Ginny and Derek vacated the bathroom, but Jasmine stood her ground hands on hips while Amber just sat cross legged on the toilet lid.

"I want to go to the store," she demanded.

"Derek called me with your request and we picked up supplies to make your coffee along with fresh clothes and other items. You'll find them all downstairs," he finished still staring at the shower curtain.

Jasmine rushed out, followed much more leisurely by Amber. The sound of rushing water was the only sound for a solid minute.

Then, "Are you still out there?" Kiera called out.

"Mmhmm," was the response.

"Could you leave the bathroom so I can get out?" she requested.

Grayson wanted to join her, not leave. He'd been surprised to realize Kiera had gone to bed without saying anything to him or inviting him to join her. He'd crept upstairs after the house had settled in and spied on her sleeping form. She was cuddled with her friends, much like the pack did when sleeping together. He wanted to pick her up and whisk her back to the room he'd claimed, but wasn't sure of the response he'd receive in the morning. Grayson knew Kiera could run hot or cold depending on her mood and circumstances and he didn't want to violate the budding trust with an impulsive act. Like stripping down and joining her in the shower.

"I'll just be outside," he answered.

Kiera waited under the cooling water for a few minutes, blushing fiercely. A part of her had wanted him to refuse her request. What was happening to her?

She turned off the faucet and dried herself the best she could in the shower stall before exiting. She wrapped the towel tightly around herself and brushed her hair and teeth before leaving the bathroom. She gasped when she saw Grayson lounging on her bed.

"What? You said you'd be outside," she accused, blushing once again.

Grayson grinned. "I'm outside the bathroom just like you requested."

"Well can you wait outside my bedroom while I get dressed?" she gestured towards the door.

"No. But you're welcome to get dressed, I'll wait," he added magnanimously.

She looked back at the bathroom sans a door and considered her options. The only places she could dress in private was within the shower stall or her walk-in closet. Both were undesirable and prudish. Fine, she decided. She could talk to him with just a towel on. It was large and covered her from chest to knees; it could withstand the weight of his scorching gaze.

"Never mind, what can I do for you?" She asked the question challengingly.

Gray patted the bed beside him. "You can make yourself comfortable. I just wanted to check on how you're doing and give you an update."

Holding her arms across her hardening nipples Kiera crossed the room and sat on the edge of the bed. He was an arms length from her, the closest she was willing to be to him in her state of undress.

"What's up?" She prodded.

"Well the trackers haven't returned yet, but the news coming back is that they're following the trail east. The other one came from the northwest, but we're certain they are connected. Two isolated attacks are unheard of and most challengers make themselves known rather than these sneak attacks. I'm the obvious target, but their motives are still unknown. The whole pack is on high alert. We don't know how many of these rogues are out there and we want to be better prepared the next time."

Kiera slumped a little. "Are you certain there's going to be a next time? Amber saw your trackers catching the attacker from last night, but didn't mention another attack."

Grayson frowned at Kiera's announcement. Her friend's visions hadn't been helpful last night and he had no reason to use them as a useful source. "That may be the case, but we're keeping security beefed up until this mess is over. It'd be easier if you and your friends would stay at the hub where security is assured."

"Don't," Kiera raised her hand, "I already told you I'm not going to be kept from my home. We're as safe here as anywhere."

"You really believe that, don't you?" Grayson grimaced. It was proving impossible to talk sense into the woman.

"I do. So what's the plan?" Kiera considered that particular argument closed.

Stretching out he replied, "For now, you stay put under constant guard. My people will run your bar until we're sure it's secure."

"What? No way, that's not an option!"

Her defiance was squelched by his grabbing her and pulling her down next to him. He covered her lower body with a broad leg and leaned over her. Her protest caught in her throat at his nearness. Gray's eyes traveled across her face, her injured neck and lower to the mounds attempting to escape the towel after the tussle. His body was burning, but her cheeks were red. He loved her blush and wanted to taste it.

"I didn't get to kiss you goodnight," he rumbled, "and I didn't get to kiss you good morning. That's two kisses that I'm owed."

Kiera wanted to protest, but she wanted to feel his lips against hers more. She leaned up and touched her lips to his briefly.

Leaning back quickly, she said, "That's one."

Grayson's grin returned in full force. "Oh no, minx, that's not even close."

He closed the distance and brushed his lips against hers until she opened her mouth to welcome him. He licked her lips then dove into her mouth like a starving man after his first meal. She answered with equal fervor, the resistance from before gone. The more she kissed him the more she craved him; it was absurd to deny that fact. The anger and frustration dissipated into passion that consumed her. He'd told her the first time that she tasted of sin; surely he tasted of temptation.

They explored each other's mouths for long minutes before he drew away a fraction.

"One," he beamed.

He didn't have to encourage her for two. She wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him close. The leg pinning her down began to move against parts of her that were quickly becoming aroused. She lifted her body up against him moaning into his mouth. His mouth moved from hers to brush against her cheek and then continued south.

Kiera watched Grayson slither down her body, brushing against hers all the way. He stopped at her feet and rubbed his face against her ankles. She jerked at the sensation of his beard shadow against the sensitive skin there. He rubbed and kissed while moving slowly back up. The towel created a barrier at her knees.

He lifted it a few inches then inhaled. "You cut yourself."

Dazed Kiera could only nod in response. She'd heard of erogenous zones, but somehow he'd made all of her skin sensitive to his touch. Another moan escaped as his tongue laved at the small nick on her knee. The sting of contact faded before he moved to do the same to the other knee. The way he licked and kissed her knees it felt like he was caressing her breasts. She was embarrassed, but turned on as he moved further up to her thighs. Again he repeated the process of rubbing his cheek against her soft skin followed by kissing and licking before moving on.

The towel continued to be pushed upwards past her throbbing pussy to her waist. She wanted to pull the damned thing off, but was paralyzed with pleasure. Gray bent down into her pussy and inhaled deeply then groaned. The vibration made her body tense and her womb clench. Instead of lingering he moved on. She grabbed his head, heedless of anything other than her need. He easily shook her off and kissed her belly.

"Patience, sweetheart," he teased.

Kiera didn't hear him. She was battling her body, but also her mental walls. She tried desperately to stay in control, but a nibble at her belly button defeated her will. The force of emotion stormed out of her and into him. Expecting the onslaught he gritted his teeth as he felt their desire joined by a series of strange emotions. The wave went on for a minute, but his wolf swallowed the frustration, boredom, contentment and anger that attacked his mind. He continued his seduction of her pliant body when the wave ebbed away.

"Sorry," she muttered.

"Hush," he replied against her waist.

He moved to her left arm and worked his way up with licks, nibbles and kisses before shifting to the right arm. When he reached her shoulder he gripped the towel and pulled it away. Her breasts were heaving as she panted beneath him. Taking in the treasure seen in the light of day for the first time, he began again. His cheek rubbed against the sensitive curves while he licked and kissed her nipples. They were a pale pink at first, but his ministrations caused them to darken. He nipped at the hard tips causing her whole body to shudder.

"Please," she begged, her desire making her desperate for release.

He lingered at her breasts a bit then moved up the long column of her neck. Grayson started on the side unmarred by injury then moved to the red cuts on the other side; he licked until they faded to a healing pink. Satisfied he lay fully across her body and pressed his aching, still clad cock against the softest part of her. He held her head between his large hands and kissed her mouth. The dual sensations threw her into ecstasy. She screamed into his mouth and raked her nails against his back. He kept grinding into her until the screams abated and her head fell back in exhaustion.

12