Forgotten Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Where are you having it?" Bill asked, confused as to why the rain was unwanted.

"The Queen wants to officiate our joining in Broome," Lisandro explained, "Her winter Palace is there."

"It sounds nice," Bill helped his son-in-law load the car with the baggage, "Would we be invited? I have yet to see Broome."

"Are you kidding?" Janis laughed, "Queen Yooralla is probably the most were-friendly monarch in the world, and she wouldn't have it any other way."

With the car packed they left quickly to avoid the traffic of rush hour, "You should call your mother," Bill suggested as he drove, "She misses you terribly."

@}-,-'-

Mollie put the phone back on the receiver, she felt exhausted from the loving Bill gave her the night before. Bill was on his way back from picking up Janis and Lisandro from Tullamarine, they would still be another hour away, but that did not leave enough time for Mollie to get ready.

The entire pack knew that the Alpha's eldest daughter was coming home with her vampire mate that day and the omegas had risen early to prepare the welcoming luncheon, saving Mollie time so she could shower. No sooner had she stepped into the hot stream of water the phone rang again. Grumbling, Mollie answered the phone, "What is so important that you must disrupt my bathing?" As an Alpha, she was not use to this treatment, only one ever dared to do that.

"Hello darling," Bill's cheerful voice greeted her.

"Bill!" Mollie chided, "Couldn't you tell I was about to have a shower?"

"I could, but I couldn't talk to you any other way just yet," the Alpha elucidated, "Janis had a craving for a meaty burger so we found the nearest fish'n'chip shop for her."

The thoughts of her daughter's condition calmed her a little, "Well the water is still running so be brief."

"I couldn't get in contact with Michael," Bill explained, "I think he has his phone switched off."

"He's with his new mate," Mollie reminded him, "Do you really think he will want to be disturbed, but I will find a way to contact him once I have had my shower. Now leave me be!" she hung up before Bill could respond, she knew it would irk him but serves him right for ruining her shower. She could feel his irritation through the subtle bond they had, it made her giggle.

@-,-'-

Shell was sleeping peacefully in Michael's arms, her head lying on his shoulder. Mike felt so happy, no disturbances, no Carol, no Pack, just his mate in bed with him. It could not get any more perfect. Feeling her breath brush against his neck softly made him smile, his wish of a family with her was becoming a reality, something he had dreamed about for so long. She had been oblivious of his love for too long, he hoped he could make it up to her for not saying anything sooner, she may not say so but she resented him for it.

The whole purpose of the retreat was to get to know each other better and to avoid distraction from others while they dealt with the natural course of Michelle's reproductive cycle. In days long ago a mated couple would retreat to a secluded area on pack lands, everyone else would know to leave them alone out of courtesy or fear of being ripped apart by the male or dominant female in the couple. Their kind had evolved to be more tolerant and relaxed about mating, same sex couples accepted a member of the opposite sex to be involved during the mating so they could start families, and Mike always liked the old fashioned approach of seclusion and devotion. He only wished he could bring down a kill for the two of them to feast on before a long night of lovemaking.

Berating himself for his views of romance knowing that Michelle would more than likely demand why he killed an animal for no reason then refuse to be near him while she silently punished him. The dilemma nearly every male in existence would experience in their lives, upsetting their woman or partner without the knowledge of how they did it. He was doing it to himself now, he knew he had done nothing at present to anger or sadden his love, yet the guilt was there, the mere thought was enough to prompt him into grovelling for forgiveness. 'I have it bad,' he thought cynically.

He shifted to finally switch off the lamp next to the bed when the telephone began to ring. Cursing quietly he answered it before Shell was wakened by the annoying tune. "This had better be a dire emergency or there will be blood spilled," Mike hissed into the phone.

"I love you too, son," Bill chuckled into the phone.

"You know, for a man who is anxious to have grandchildren you don't like the idea of your own children having time to themselves to achieve that goal," Mike was still trying to be quiet for Shell. "So what is it?"

"Tetchy aren't we?" Bill chastised his son, "I wanted to tell you Janis has returned, we're having a little celebration this weekend."

"You couldn't have waited until then to tell us?" The wolf fought to keep his ire under control, he had to show respect to his father and Alpha, not an easy thing to do when the man was excited.

"Had I known where you were earlier then I would have called then and left you two to it," Bill was not going to be swayed from his mission to make his eldest daughter happy.

"Thanks Dad," Mike huffed, irritated at his father's jovial tone, "I hope my injuries have healed by the time we arrive on Saturday."

"I thought you said your mate was a gentle creature who couldn't hurt a fly?" Bill was enjoying his son's discomfort.

"She was until she came into heat," Mike sneered through clenched teeth, "Now a wrong inflection on a word spoken to her can warrant my balls being ripped off."

Bill laughed heartedly, "The joys of a new mating," with that he hung up leaving Mike feeling irritated and despondent.

Shell stretched, "Who was that?" She yawned and looked over at the clock, "And at eleven at night?"

"My sister has returned from her travels with her mate," Mike sighed, "And my father wants us there this weekend to welcome them home."

Shell stiffened, "Do we have to?" She asked; a hint of fear in her voice. "I know she is your sister, but I don't think I'm ready for 'The Pack' just yet."

"We have to," Mike murmured, silently cursing his father for putting him in the dog house again. "I am heir to the Patterson Pack so I have to be there."

Shell bitterly chuckled, "Why do I have the feeling there is a conspiracy against us?"

"The Fates want us to suffer," he joined her in the dry laugh; "You will be fine, we just have to make an appearance and then we can leave."

"Won't that piss off your parents?"

"Probably," he gave her a smile, "But my first priority is you, and if making you happy pisses them off then so be it."

"You sure know how to redeem yourself," Shell giggled and kissed him chastely, "Let's go back to sleep before I get hungry."

"Alright," He agreed, giving her forehead a kiss and closing his eyes.

@}-,-'-

Peredur opened his eyes to the rich glow of a sunrise, the warmth it bathed him in felt so welcoming. His eyes still hurt a little but the paralysing pain of his hangover had mostly dissipated. How did he get in this mess anyway? He could not remember at first why he was hungover in the first place, was there a gallery opening that he drank himself through or was it a spontaneous party? After several moments of blinking and pondering, Peredur finally focused on his surroundings.

The first thing he saw was the large mirror across from his bed, reflecting his image in a plush bed of crimson cushions and silk sheets. His rock hard body revealing itself as the sheet fell away, it felt as though something was a miss, it all felt familiar, but not at the same time. Looking to his right he saw the window open to the dawn, the landscape a black silhouette of a valley girt by mountains and filled with a swaying forest. Down the middle a silvery-gold river meandered towards the waking sun.

Such an idyllic view, somewhat recognizable from a deeply buried memory of a past long forgotten, a memory that filled him with contentment. Peredur stretched lazily, all residual pain falling away, the relief he felt was inspiring. Instinctually, he reached for his camera on the bedside table only to find it was not there. He looked on the other side of the bed to also find nothing. He would not have gone anywhere without his camera, it was a part of him, without it he felt incomplete.

"Peredur?" A soft, maternal voice called to him, another twinge of familiarity hit him.

His eyes shot to the source of the sweet voice, "Mother?" It all came flooding back, the loss of his eldest brother, the kidnapping of his sister and subsequent rescue and the need for him and his siblings to go into hiding, he remembered it all. "Mama," large tears began to fall from his eyes as he stumbled and fell into his mother's waiting arms.

"Hush my baby boy," Steren cooed, comforting him as he wept with joy and sadness, "Mama's here, I'll take care of you." Peredur held her tightly, his tears soaking her silken blouse. "You're home now, safe and sound."

For long moments he wept, clutching his mother as though fearful that she would vanish the instant he let go. Finally he looked up to her, meeting her familiar deep brown eyes filled with love and compassion. "How long was I gone?" Peredur asked in the end, once he found his voice again.

"Nearly thirteen years," She replied, her own tears still falling, "You are the first to return, Lady Bedella seeks your brothers and sister." She wiped her tears away with the sleeve of her dress. "Now let's go find your father, he has yet to see you since the day you left."

"Where is he?"

"In a meeting with the Midnight Alpha and his Vampire friend," Steren smiled, "Now you must dress, you cannot greet your father naked as you did me." With that she glided from the room.

Peredur looked down to see she was correct, he had not noticed. Feeling guilty of his lack of dress he searched his room for something comfortable. He could remember everything, as he grew up, his first kiss with a human girl when he was only a century old, watching her grow up and have children of her own and he played with them until they followed their mother's footsteps. Fond memories of sneaking out of the castle to meet with vampire lovers in the ever morning light by the very river he gazed upon. Running from the insatiable appetites of the dryads when his energy waned. The loss of his eldest brother in the war, the abduction of his sister by the despicable dhampires and their eventual removal from their home to be scattered over the Earth.

He could not dwell on the influx of memories; his stomach growled loudly reminding him that he had not eaten for some time. Throwing on the closest pair of trousers and shirt he could reach, musing over how Shakespearean it looked until his hunger reminded him to get moving.

@}-,-'-

The dining hall was the centre of the castle, every important meeting, celebration and so on revolved around food and wine. The castle did have a throne room, but it was only used when human dignitaries came to visit on official business, a human trait that Bleddyn did not understand. He saw his mate enter at the far end of the dining hall, "Is he awake yet?" The Alpha asked impatiently.

"He is," Steren grinned, "A little undressed though." She shook her head in a motherly way, rolling her eyes in amusement. She sat next to her mate and waited with the others.

Einar sat with Brynjar adjacent to the Alphas, "Do we have to wait for him?" Einar asked the Midnight Alpha quietly, his eyes wandering over the feast waiting for them.

"It is custom to wait until all those expected to attend the meeting are here," Brynjar explained, "He is also the Alphas' son, it is not wise to start without him."

"You bloody wolves and your weird customs," Einar complained.

"It's fucking courtesy," Brynjar growled through clenched teeth.

"Where's the courtesy in making such esteemed guests wait for an indefinite length of time?" Einar argued, "We are the guests, are we not?"

"And Peredur has been in exile for a long time," the Midnight Alpha explained exasperatedly, "He is officially being welcomed back, ergo this is not a celebration in honour of us!"

Einar mocked Brynjar by mimicking him when the wolf looked away, Steren giggled at the two whose antics were relieving the stress she was feeling. How they reminded her of her eldest and her daughter when they were young, but with one dead and the other missing it gave a sobering undertone of the jovial display. Bleddyn watched his mate smile sadly at the Midnight Alpha and Lord, her mind worlds away. "What's on your mind?" He asked her quietly, deciding not to startle her through their bond.

"Remember when Hywel and Bleddwen would bicker like that?" Steren asked him with tearful eyes, "They were inseparable weren't they?"

"They were," Bleddyn agreed, "Thick as thieves."

"That too," Steren chuckled cheerlessly, "Food from the kitchen was never safe around them."

The main door to the dining hall opened, Peredur entered slowly, his eyes scanning everywhere, reacquainting himself with his home. "You've redecorated," he said to his parents in greeting.

"You must be Peredur," Lord Einar grinned, looking the young man over, "You resemble your mother."

"Keep it in your pants, Einar," Brynjar stood up and offered his hand formally. "I am Alpha Brynjar of the Midnight Pack," he gave a respectful bow as he shook the Beta's hand, "This horny imp here is Lord Einar of the Midnight Vampire Court."

Einar joined his friend in standing, "I'm in the south tower if you're interested," the vampire grinned mischievously and also shook his hand, "No pressure."

Peredur stared blankly at the blue-haired vampire for a moment, "Um ... thank you." He turned towards his parents and mouthed 'What the fuck?' He took his seat between his parents and their esteemed guests. The moment his bottom touched the chair the human kitchen staff entered with trolleys filled with roasted meats of all kinds with vegetables and gravy. Peredur felt his stomach growl, demanding sustenance and he reached for the closest piece of meat, pile of potatoes and jug of gravy.

Steren watched her son dive into his meal like he had not eaten in a while, "Hungry dear?" She asked him rhetorically before reaching for some mutton. He grinned back to her, chewing on a large chunk of flesh.

"I'll get right to the point," Bleddyn spoke clearly so everyone could hear him, "Peredur, you've met Brynjar and Einar," the young wolf nodded, "They are here because Brynjar is to mate your sister once she and your brothers have returned."

Peredur looked back at the Blond Midnight Alpha, "So, you're basically family, huh bro?" The Alpha nodded is response. "And I guess I can be the first of my brothers to offer my condolences, Bleddwen is not someone you want to piss off."

"Thank you, I think," Brynjar accepted the strange congratulation with a salute of his ale.

"Are the dhampires taken care of?" Peredur then asked his father.

"It should be resolved by the time your sister returns," Bleddyn answered his son.

"You haven't fixed it yet?" Peredur cried out, shooting to his feet, "Are you mad?"

"Sit down," Bleddyn commanded, also standing, "They have proven elusive in our efforts to find and exterminate them."

"Any leader would have waited for the threat to pass before retrieving those in protective exile!" Peredur yelled angrily.

"Your mother needed you after our last litter died during their birth!" Bleddyn shot back.

Peredur looked at his mother who had grown quiet, "Mother?"

"There were six pups," she explained through her silent tears, "All waiting for us in the afterlife."

"She was nearly catatonic with grief," The Dawnlight Alpha added, "I suggested for your return."

"How does Bleddwen's mating come into this?" Peredur asked, looking over to the Midnight Alpha again.

"We happened upon the funeral for your deceased siblings," Brynjar explained, "Einar here is attempting to find the Dhampires to resolve the problem with them."

"They are quite tricky," Einar informed him, "They can hide their tracks proficiently."

"Why not leave an invite up to your room," Brynjar suggested spitefully, "How can anyone turn down such a tempting morsel like yourself."

"That is a fantastic idea," Einar sarcastically replied, "I hope they're cute." He rolled his eyes as he looked away.

Peredur laughed at them, "Do you think you can reason with them?"

"Maybe if you wear your tight leather pants," Brynjar teased.

"I am prepared to kill them if necessary," Einar answered as seriously as he could whilst glaring at Brynjar, "Anyway I only wear them for you, Bryn," he winked at his friend. "Anyway, I have discussed with the Dawnlight Vampire Lord and Lady my plans to solve your problem with the Dhampires, some of which are illegitimate children of the Lord. Her Ladyship gave her blessing for me to do what is needed to rid Dawnlight of their infestation. Though I would prefer to not have to kill them, I will do so without hesitation if they give me cause."

Peredur relaxed back in his seat, "I would not be so diplomatic with them, though I have good cause; they took my sister and put her life at risk, I have no sympathy for them."

"Understandable," Einar acknowledged, "I would probably be of the same mind if they had taken a member of my family," he took a deep breath in contemplation; "Luckily they didn't so I could solve this peacefully."

"I do not like your chances," Peredur commented, "They did kidnap a young girl after all."

"Why?" Einar asked and the room went silent.

@}-,-'-

Gwen was eating her lunch in the main staff room while she checked her email, the last couple of days were mundane with the exception of Rick, only a few more years and he was accessible as far as she was concerned. Lester was out of the scene, not that he complained, he actually sounded relieved when she asked him to move on and find someone more suitable.

Janis was the focus of the pack at the moment which meant she could nearly do anything without anyone taking notice, not that she had anything she wanted to do. She helped with the organisation of the big celebration on the Saturday, her father had made Mike promise to come and bring Michelle with him so it will also double as a mating celebration. Gwen was just happy to be away from the compound during the day, it was driving her crazy with all available wolves to lend a hand in clean up, decorating or catering. The afternoon that it will start will be something to behold, she wondered if her father would be okay with her bringing Rick as her plus one.

She was so engrossed with her email that she did not hear Carol enter, something she would not usually let happen. Carol looked over her shoulder to see an update of the party organisation and the appearance of Gwen's surname. "You're a Patterson?" She asked her, causing Gwen to jump.

"For fucks sake woman!" She cursed angrily, "It's rude to sneak up on people like that!"

Carol ignored her ire and continued with her question, "Any relation to Michael Patterson?"

"Duh, he's my brother," Gwen answered her condescendingly; "Everyone knows that."

"Are you close?" Carol sat down next to Gwen in an attempt to appear less confrontational.

"As close as any brother is to his little sister," Gwen was quickly growing bored with Carol's new found eagerness to be friendly with her, "Which is to say, when it suits him."

"Ah-huh," Carol was not interested if Gwen was not to close but will see what she could get, "What is the party for?"

"The concept of privacy is completely lost on you isn't it," Gwen dryly stated, when Carol ignored it Gwen huffed and answered in the hope that the awful woman would leave, "My sister is returning from Ib ... Spain with her m ... husband. We are also celebrating the m ... engagement of Mike and Shell."