Fortune

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Her intense blue eyes sparkling with avid interest, open and friendly. I day dreamed a second, thinking what I would do if I ever had that intense interest focused on me. I shivered.

"Oh?" It seemed my vocabulary had taken a turn for the worse. In disgust at my failed attempt at speech, I scuffed the door lock slightly with the key.

She leaned close and I glanced up at her again. Oh man, she was so close. I fought the urge to lean up and lick that perfect cupid bow curve of her lip, perhaps some nibbling but definitely licking. 'No! Darn it, distract yourself quick!' I silently scolded myself. I attempt to get the key in the hole, my hand jostling the door knob like it might help without the key actually in the hole. Focus darn it!

I fumbled the key finally into the lock. Surely she was not doing this intentionally. She flashed that sexy dimple again, I trembled. When the door came open, I tripped into the house and immediately slipped.

Right as I was sure I was going be eating some of the hi-polished wooded floor for an after lunch snack, Caitlin lunged to my rescue. She picked me up against her and wrapped me safely in her arms. I was stunned, both in speech and movement. My nipples tightened immediately at the press of her warm body.

"Alix, should be more careful lass!" she scolded, giving me a fierce scowl and a quick hug. Oh, dear. I lowered my eyes trying hard to think of something less.. her. Like the swell of her breasts behind the shirt she was wearing. No think, think! What was wrong with me? I knew I needed to keep it cool but all she has to do was breath and I was ready to pounce on the poor girl.

At my silence, her scowl turned into a grin and she laughing about her outburst, thinking she was teasing me out of my shyness. "Sorry about that. I guess I overreacted." she laughed, trying to put me at ease. As she lowered me to the ground, all I wanted to do was rub back up against her and start purring.

Then I felt the sharp pain racing up my right leg! I almost collapsed back into the floor before I thought to snatch it back up. "Ow ow ow." lifting my leg like a crane, and hopping around in a tight circle.

"Sweetie, are ye ok?" I heard the concern in her voice, but I was too busy trying not to act like a baby, my ankle was on fire. I stopped hopping and started breathing in thru my nose slowly to calm down. I peaked at her thru the narrow slits of my eyes.

"Yes. " I squeaked, pain lodged my voice in my throat. My eyes started to water and I bit my lip to keep from whimpering as I set my foot gingerly back the ground.

As an accident prone person I could tell it wasn't broken, just twisted a bit but the knowledge did nothing to ease the fire. I gave Caitlin a shaky grin. "See all better." My lips tightened before the sting dulled.

I pressed my heal more firmly to ground, pain exploded as my foot bit off my head for trying pull such a stupid stunt. Stupid foot! Caitlin wrapped her arm around my waist for support and all but scooped me up, leading me into the posh living room. Placing me down on the couch, she dragged a foot stool over and picked my heel up, placing it gently in her lap, her hands were calming as she removed my shoe.

Hmm maybe my foot wasn't so stupid after all. It was just plotting against me with the rest of my body; Mutinous limbs.

"Maybe I should call the Doc?" she said, worry evident in her voice. Looking at the swelling of my ankle her eyes darkened with concern.

"No, it's ok.. Really! It's just a little sprain. I should be back in tip top condition in no time, tomorrow at the latest." I gave her a shaky grin to enforce the total non believability of my words. She arched that darn eyebrow at me showing she was not taken in by my too obvious fib.

I sighed, "Ok so it's going to take more than one day but seriously its only sprained. It happens to me a lot" I confessed, abashed. " I just happen to be a bit jinxed in the graceful department."

Caitlin snorted, "Not that I've noticed, sweetie." she looked conflicted for a moment, and then she smiled charmingly. The smile that seemed to set butterflies alight in my stomach. "But really I can't leave you here by yourself in this condition and since I know for a fact that you don't have any current relatives in this part of the world I'll have to call home and tell them I'll be helping you out for a few days. I planned on working on the outside of the house already, so I'd be around any way."

"Hu?" I asked articulately.

She grinned that impish little grin of hers, teasingly thick brogue. "I have to call Ma and let her know I'll be up staying here with you for the night and, well, see for sure if ya'll need the Doc tomorrow. Ya'll need someone to show you around anyhow."

Then, before I could possibly object, she moved out to the hall where I assumed a phone was located.

Caitlin. Here Tonight. Oh My God! Nooooooo!, wailed my self control like a perturbed three year old. The other part of my mind was laughing diabolically. I was soo doomed, and I knew it.

After viciously telling the little imps in my head to be quiet or, or something... very not good would happen, I found I could almost form a coherent thought. I needed a plan.

Plan? My mind traveled off to a deliciously wicked plan, my body quick to follow. Bad Alix! Reigning myself in, I desperately searched for any "how not to jump her bones" type of plan I could come up with. Ok so I wasn't too good at thinking up that kind of proposal.

I sighed, there was no way any plan I thought up could outsmart my rebellious body. It had been displaying its dictatorship over me since I tripped over air, landed smack down, tray in face, in middle of the cafeteria when I hit the gangly age of thirteen.

Forlorn at the thought that maybe my 'as of yet not thought' plan was doomed to failure, all I could hope was that I wasn't damned to ruin this, whatever this happened to be.

The pain in my ankle had dulled down now and my attention was pulled to the low velvet thrum of her voice as she told her Ma the situation. I smiled. I could listen to her forever, the unintentional melody of her voice.

As I lay sprawled in a graceless heap on the couch, I set to right my limbs a bit and started looking around the room.

It was like looking at very fine piece of art that I truly appreciated and understood. The scheme was utter splendor in rich green and vibrant gold, a deep soft forest feel to it. I could almost smell the damp leaves of heavy pine and imagine the soft green grass holding me. Not to be overshadowed by the hues, the woodwork paneling and book cases were carved exquisite and delicate and feminine.

I held a special appreciation for Caitlin, having displayed such great skill. It was obviously poured most her heart into this master piece of a room. I was looking forward to the secrets the rest of the house held, and the things Caitlin would reveal about herself through each room.

She entered the room with a frown on her face, blue eyes unfocused in though, gnawing on that delicious lower lip of hers.

Unfair, I almost pouted. I wanted to nibble, looking up her long legs and sexy stride. Yes, I defiantly wanted to nibble a bit. She flipped a strand of amber gold hair behind her ear and her blue eyes came to focus on my face, my now blushing face.

She gave me a reassuring smile as she sat down next to me. "I'm needed at the Tavern, that dunderhead brother of mine busted a pipe in the kitchen and its chaos down there. Ma' say she can spare Allyson for the night till I can come back, to watch over ya." she frowned, solemn.

"Look you don't have to do that. I can take care of myself." I said defensively. My temper was starting to show again. "I don't need any one to look after me. Call her back." I could feel my chin tilt in that stubborn way I have. I wasn't about to become someone else's problem. I could manage.

Caitlin caught the mutinous look in my face and grinned, leaning in close. "Ach, I wasna grumbling' at you. I was thinking' what I'm gonna' do to Brendan when I get down there."

That sexy smile was curling those oh so tempting lips again. My anger evaporated, its energy diverted to controlling my insistent urge to grab, tug her down on me and kiss her like there was no tomorrow. I took a deep breath through my nostrils to calm down, and ended up with her scent filling me again. I panted once. Ok, twice.

"Such a feisty little one," she tipped my chip up and leaned in, my lips started to throb. She laid a kiss on my forehead. "No worries, Allyson volunteered for the job. Tween the two of us you'll be right as rain. I'm going to go make sure your room is ready. Assuming you want the master one, I'll have to make a few adjustments to it."

Oblivious to the mass melt down she had just caused, she stood and walked right out of the room again her footsteps accenting the thudding of my heart in my ears as she climbed the stairs. I lay on the couch trying to remember how to breathe again.

After I had calmed my heart down to a slow gallop, the door bell rang. I heard Caitlin tread down the stairs to greet the person, murmuring in low tones. Allyson's smiling face came in view of the door way.

"Ah, a captive audience. Just the way I like 'em." she mocked, grinning. "Hmm how many ways are there to torture someone who can't escape?"

Caitlin laughed and gave her a little playful shove, "You be nice now, I dunna want you scaring the little one away."

My lips twitched at this. I'd never had a sister and their goofing around seemed fun; it felt good to be included.

Flashing a evil grin at her "little" sister, Allyson arched an eyebrow, "I think I can be relatively... entertaining." Wiggling her eyebrows at me in a mock leering fashion, I laughed at her antics. Caitlin frowned for a split second, then laughed also. Her azure eyes light with mirth, soft mouth curled.

My heart leaped at the idea that, in that split second, she might have been jealous, but then the reality of the situation set in. I'd only know Caitlin about 6 hours now. It shouldn't matter that every time I saw her, heard her, smelled her; my mind went soft, my hands ached to touch her or my heart spazzed in my chest. But it did and all I could hope was that she felt something, even a pale comparison to the wildness in my heart.

"Well I better get a move on, Ma will be on the war path if I don't get down there before they need a boat. Besides I owe Brendan a smack upside the head, I ken." Caitlin shuffled to the doorway, looking back she added, "If me sister here gets out of hand or ya need something just call down ta the tavern." Smiling she waved to me and left.

The oxygen in the room seemed to come back letting me breath normally, and I could see Allyson moving to sit at one of the lounge chairs.

Steepling her fingers, she leaned forward and looked me in the face with open curiosity. " Soo.. What's going on with you and my lil sis?"

I articulate sputtered, " W..what?"

She grinned, "You and Caitlin, spill. How long have you two know each other? What's your relationship, and none of that 'just Friends' blarney. I could have been electrocuted by the air in here alone. Never figured her for the type, but I just figured she was a late bloomer and hadn't met the right fellow yet." A cunning smile played on her lips, as if she had everything figured out and nothing I could say would possibly change her mind.

Did I mention I stuttered? Taking a deep breath, " Just today, just friends, and what are you talking about?" Finding my tongue was always a relief, no matter how shy-locked, I was always relived at its ability to defend me.

She looked a bit surprised, "Really? Only today?.. Hmm that bears contemplating. I hadn't seen you before the tavern, but then again you could have been a recluse who kept her locked up here in the tower for your nefarious purposes or something." she grinned, "I knew Caitlin was acting particular today. She's a 'by my word' person that's why we were worried when the old man called that she had yet to show. Normally she uses her patent 'don't approach me" attitude with most people but she took to you right off, put you right under her wing." She narrowed her eyes at me, awaiting my response.

"She seems like a remarkable woman, she was very kind to me today." I said shyly. That was soo pale compared to what I actually felt, but I couldn't very well tell her sister I had the hots for Caitlin now could I, that before today I figured I was an asexual anomaly.

She smiled kindly at me, the cunning look receding now that I had answered a few questions and was not an obvious threat to her sister. "As far as I know she's only dated a few times in high school and in the last two years hasn't had any a boyfriend... or girlfriends for that matter." She calmly waited to observe my reaction to that. I tried to not let my eyes light up or my pulse to speed, but by her smug smile I could tell I hadn't succeeded.

She laughed, "I could tell you liked her. You seem like a nice person, though a bit quite. I don't think Caitlin is aware of any of her feelings at the moment. She thinks she's just found a good friend. So my advice is not to rush anything, let her get to know you. She may seem like a tough person but she's a softy." she conceded.

I asked questions about her family and ancestry, curious to know anything I could about Caitlin and not shy about asking. "And if you ever tell her we were talking of her, you'll pay dearly cause she'll kill us both." she grinned ingenuously at me and I knew she was telling me things that she wouldn't normally tell a stranger. I felt my lips curl up in response, before laughter over took me.

"Yeah but I can outrun her," I giggled.

"How do you know?" she queried with a tilted grin.

"Well... after I sicked you mom on her she came looking for a bit of revenge." We sputtered with laughter till our sides ached.

"You'll do Alix." she said wiping a tear from under her laughing eyes. "Let me go heat up the food Ma sent with me. We'll eat dinner."

Leaning back I thought on all she had said about Caitlin. I couldn't imagine such a beautiful, engaging woman wasn't already claimed, and because of that I felt elated.

Allyson came back in almost unnoticed, "Better wipe that smirk off your face or I'll think you thinking un-pure thoughts about my baby sister, which in that case I can't hang out with you anymore." she fake scowled at me.

"Clean completely clean!" I proclaimed my innocents. And I was thinking clean thoughts about Caitlin, ..In the shower.. I grinned. Allyson threw a throw pillow at my head. I laughed "Okay, okay."

My stomach growled, "Oh wow what's that smell?" I quarried, mouth watering. Smelled like spicy and rich something I hadn't had.

"Just a stew my brother makes, brought some bread for a trencher." She escaped into the kitchen and set the trey holding our meal on the little table between us.

Unthinkingly, I swiftly pivoted my legs to the floor, jarring my now swollen ankle. Eyes wide, I sucked air between my teeth to post-phone the curses I wanted to shout. Allyson immediately stood to come to my side. I waved her back "Fine, I'm ok" I said, through clenched teeth and teary eyes.

She ignored my flailing hand and knelt next to me taking possession of my ankle.

Examining it closely, turning and prodding my foot this way and that till I was literally growling at her. Seriously she looked up at me, squeezing my hand in reassurance. "Not broken, thank goodness. Your right, the swelling should go down in a few hours. Just try to keep from bumping or jarring it too much, kiddo." Her face concerned. " You need the ice pack?" Pain swallowed my voice so I just nodded. She leaned over me to grab the Ziploc bag holding the ice.

"Am I interrupting something?" Caitlin's voice said, her lithe frame leaning too casually against the doorway, arms folded, eyes slightly narrowed. My eyes leaped to Caitlin, pulse fluttering at just at the sound of her voice.

A wicked smile that only I could see crossed Allyson's face, "Why, nothing at all, lil sis." She reached up slowly to flip a stray strand of hair behind my ear, looking into my slightly stunned face. "Alex, here, just moved too fast for her own good." She purred.She leaned over and brushed a chaste kiss on my cheek, stood and moved over to the other couch to lounge.

I saw Caitlin frown heavily at her sibling as I floundered for a reasonable rebuttal. The sting in my leg had dulled down at Caitlin's presence as my senses were diverted elsewhere. Caitlin had recently showered, I could tell by the way her red hair curled and wet arrange down her back in a deeper red. Wet.. shower.. Caitlin. I sucked in my breath and attempted to divert myself. She had obviously changed from her dirty work clothing into a clean pair of blue jeans and a loose sleeved shirt. Much to my dismay both accented her attractive, willowy body.

Caitlin stopped frowning at Allyson and arched one of her perfect eyebrows at me in mock anger, "Moving were ya? Allyson, get the duct tape, we canna have her flitting about on us now can we, especially with an injury? Might prolong treatment." she smirk impishly at me, I felt light headed at the sight of that endearing dimple again.

The words "duct tape" flittered into my Caitlin hazed mind. I had trouble swallowing.

I watched as she moved over to the couch were I was sitting and took the cushion right next to mine. I could feel her body heat curling out, linking her to me, fresh from her shower. Her unique scent teasing the air around me till all I could focus on was the nearness of Caitlin. I repressed every compulsion I had to get on her lap and start kissing that soft curved mouth of hers. I was practically trembling. I was defiantly panting.

Allyson was unable to contain her laugh in glee, obvious amusement on her face. Her eye darting between the two of us. I didn't mind her smirking too much, I was counting on her presence to keep me from doing something unwise. Insanely erotically pleasurable mayhap, but unwise. I hoped that reason would be good enough to get my rebellious body back into submission, or at least regain a minor amount of conscious thought. I could still feel Caitlin's warmth so very close.

"Now n.. no need for desperate measures as of yet. I still have to eat to keep my strength up." I said softly, mock fearfully. Forcing back thoughts of what exactly I could use that strength for, I reached an unsteady hand out to scoop up the bowl of soup on the coffee table. I figured that to be a good diverter of energy, besides, my stomach rumbled at hunger at that moment lending credibility to my action.

"Geeze Allyson, have ye been starving the sweet lass as well as tormenting the poor girl?" Caitlin asked, a parody of seriousness in her voice. Her teasing eyes her sister and including me once again in their game of sisterly bickering. Allyson firmly pressed her lips together in silence, pretending to be peeved at Caitlin. Caitlin focused on me to tell the tale of what the evening had held.

"No she's been really talkative. Enlighteningly entertaining in fact." I smirked. Allyson moved to grab a pillow from the couch and narrowed her eyes in threat.

Caitlin's azure eyes flashed between the two of us, mobile expressions on her face varying from humor to curiosity to a few I had no hope of reading at the moment.

"Mostly we talked about sports and politics." I stated clearly.

Allyson choked and Caitlin's eyes zoomed in on her. I obviously overlooked the fact that I hadn't heard her speak on either issue and both knew those were things she'd never talk about.

"Actually I wasn't paying attention so I don't know what she was babbling away about. She just acted so sweet I couldn't tell her to hush up." Grinning at Allyson, I shrugged helplessly and looked back at Caitlin.