Getting The Facts Straight

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Well I didn't drive, thank God, so I just needed to sober up a bit before I got home. I guess I can't power drink like I used to," she said rubbing her head. The last two hours were kind of a blur but I guess we had a good time."

"Well babes, why don't you back it off for a while. I can imagine the other guys weren't too happy with their wives staying out until all hours of the morning either. I'm not saying you can't go, but ease up on the booze. You've been drinking a lot more than normal and nothing good can come from getting smashed every week."

"I know you're right, I'll watch it from now on," she said, but she didn't.

Shit hit the fan when Ken, Tammy's husband, called me three weeks later about midnight.

"Steve, I'm on my way to pickup the girls. It looks like even their designated driver is too hammered to drive. If you want, I'll swing by and grab you".

"Can't leave my kids home alone or I'd go with you. I hope you read them the riot act when you get them in the car; I know I'm going to when Carol gets home."

"I'll give you a call when I get them," he said hanging up.

"Dumb shit," I said under my breath.

About twenty minutes later he called and said he was almost to my house.

"Good luck trying to talk to her tonight, they're all blasted. It took me fifteen minutes to get them out of the club and into my SUV. Thank God Carol and two others puked in the parking lot before I could get them strapped in. It would have been a hell of a mess if they'd waited another five minutes," he told me.

I met him outside when he pulled up into my driveway.

"Take which ever one you want, I don't think a one of them knows where they are," he said now a little pissed off. "Tammy and I are going to be going round and round tomorrow morning when she gets up. When we met she was a party animal and I thought I'd broken her of that, guess we'll have to have the talk again," he said helping me get a drunk Carol out of her seat belt. "Good luck," is all he said as he pulled out.

I dumped her onto our bed, threw a cover over her and let her sleep for the night. She never moved a muscle until almost 8 a.m. and that was just to go to the bathroom and stagger back to bed. She didn't finally get up until after 1:00 that afternoon.

As she made her way downstairs to the kitchen, I made my first comment.

"I guess there is life after death," I said as she sat down and put her head on the kitchen table. "You want coffee and something to eat?"

"Just coffee, I'll eat something maybe a little later," Carol said dragging her ass to the counter. Sitting down and taking baby sips she looked up at me. "I know you're pissed, but can we talk about it later?" she begged.

"Tonight after the kids are in bed," I told her. "Also, if you think screwing my eyes out is going to get you out of this one, you'd better think again. I've got some errands to run, I'll be back later. Oh, by the way, please take a shower, between the booze and cigarette smell, you're pretty ripe."

Stops at Home Depot, Wal-Mart and Publix took me the better part of three hours. I never saw Carol when I unloaded the groceries and other items. When everything was put away I went looking for her. I found her passed out asleep in our bed again.

"Maybe there isn't life after death," I said to myself as I headed downstairs and out to the patio.

I had the kids help me with the BBQ. We were doing steaks and I guessed that Carol would be hungry by dinnertime. Carol finally came down about 5:00 and still looked like crap. She kind of watched us get everything ready as she sipped on a glass of club soda. As we all sat down to eat, she did thank us for making dinner but never once looked me in the eye. I wasn't looking foreword to tonight but needed to say my piece anyway.

"Steve, I know you're mad and have every right to be," she started. "Since Tammy's been back we've been partying like we were still in college. Last night did it for me though. I don't remember how I got home and I think I lost a lung and part of my liver in the club parking lot. Tammy called this morning and said her husband Ken was so pissed; she thought he was going to leave her. Steve, the only thing I can say is, I'm sorry, and it will never happen again."

"I was going to rip you a new asshole but I guess you've beat yourself up as much as I would have. I don't know if it's Tammy or you, but when the two of you get together it always ends up bad. I'm not going to say you can't see her anymore, but no more girls nights out for a while; ok?"

"You won't get an argument from me," she replied. "But if you don't mind, can we put off makeup sex until tomorrow? My stomach still feels a little queasy and I don't want to puke in the middle of it."

"Well, if you're going to puke anyway, there is something I'd like you to do for me," I said pulling down my zipper.

"Very funny," she said with a scowl on her face. "Not tonight, but I guess I owe you big time; maybe in a couple of days." I didn't forget, but I guess she did, because I never got my special blowjob.

For the next month there were no Friday night outings. We had everyone over two weeks later and all the guys said they had read their wives the riot act but were now softening their stances.

"The makeup sex has been great and if all it takes is Pam getting a few drinks under her belt once in a while it's worth it," her husband told us. "She's not a spring chicken anymore and even if a guy hits on her, there's no way she'd cheat on me," he said proudly.

Everyone but Ken agreed with us. He just sat there sipping on his beer saying nothing.

"Ken you ok?" I asked. "You seem kind of down in the dumps."

"Between you and me, those guys don't know shit. Any woman will cheat knowingly or unknowingly when they've had that much to drink. Steve, my first wife use to go out with her friends and party after work but took it one step further and had an affair with one of her co-workers. I found out and dumped her ass. I made sure Tammy understood, when we got serious, that I had a zero tolerance on cheating. We've had more than one discussion about her drinking and it hasn't been an issue up until lately. I told her that one more occurrence like the last time and there would be consequences. I didn't tell her what they'd be, because I haven't a clue myself. I'm using it as a threat to keep her in line, at least for now," he told me.

"Ken, I told Carol the same thing. I didn't threaten her, but I let her know I wouldn't put up with it again. I think they've learned their lesson; or at least I hope so," I told him. I guess everything wasn't rosy with Tammy and Ken just yet.

Everything was going great until three weeks later when Carol said she was going to stop for a drink after work on Friday.

"What do you mean no?" she asked.

"What about no don't you understand?" I replied.

"Steve, I'm not going out drinking, I'm just stopping after work with a few friends, that's all," she told me again.

"Carol, we talked about this the last time you decided to stop for a few," I told her. "And what happened? You were sick for almost two days. We've got plans for this weekend and I'm not going to let you screw them up," I said getting a little angry.

"Maybe you don't understand Steve, I don't need your permission, I'm just telling you I will be a little late, that's all," she replied. "I'm not going out to get hammered, one drink, one damn drink is all I'm going to have," she spit at me.

"Like I said before, no, I don't want you to stop. Come home after work and you can have all the drinks you want at home if that's what floats your boat. But we are all going to have dinner together and leave by 9 tomorrow morning," I told her digging in my heels.

"Jesus Christ Steve, do you have a bug up your ass or something? I'm going to have one drink and I'll be back home by no later than 6:30 to 7, what's the big deal?"

"Carol, the big deal is, the last six times you went out with your friends, you drank too much and I don't want that to happen again Friday night. So just come home after work and we'll have a nice evening and a great weekend; that's all I'm asking," I said kind of hoping she would see my point of view. Well, she didn't and stomped off to bed. "Looks like no nookie tonight," I said to myself.

Carol didn't stop off after work, but was in a piss poor mood all weekend and let everyone know it. The kids and I had a great time at the theme park and she just sulked. By the time the fireworks started she'd already been looking at her watch for last half hour. When they were done, she almost ran for the car.

"I'm glad I didn't stop Friday for that drink, or the earth probably would have stopped revolving and we'd all be floating in space right now," she said sarcastically.

"I'm sorry you didn't have a good time, but the kids and I did anyway. If you wouldn't have copped an attitude you might have enjoyed yourself," I told her.

"Yes, lord and master, ruler of the house," she said in a sarcastic tone.

"Look Carol," I said trying to diffuse the situation. "I'm just saying that since Tammy's been back, the old group has gotten out of hand more than once. If you want to go out for a drink I don't have a problem with it. However, if you want to get falling down drunk and make an ass out of yourselves, that I have a problem with."

"Steve, I'm a big girl and can take care of myself. I've been out from under my daddy's wing for a long time and I don't want to have to answer to you for everything I do," she told me. "Have I ever said a word when you and the guys want to play cards or when you went to Tom's stag party? Remember the girls and I watched the video the following week. You need to trust me like I trust you."

"All right, you win. I trust you, you trust me and we go on from here," I told her.

Life was good again, and so was the sex. But as they say, all good things must come to an end. About six weeks later Carol came home late and stone sober from a girl's night out. She went upstairs immediately and jumped into the shower. I followed her upstairs and asked if she wanted company.

"Steve, I'm tired and all I want to do right now is go to sleep," she announced.

When she got out I was waiting for her in bed. I at least wanted a little body contact but she would have nothing to do with me. She gave me a kiss and then tossed and turned all night long. Something wasn't right.

For the next two weeks, Carol was cool to say the least. I asked what was wrong and she denied that anything was. Our hot sex became routine and methodical no matter what I did. I became more than concerned when we went from three times a week to one at best. When I asked her about it she about took my head off.

"For Christ's sakes Steve, I'm not twenty anymore and neither are you. I still love being with you, it's just that I don't need it every night damn it," she told me.

Something was wrong or something had happened that night but I decided to wait to see how long the coldness would continue. I was just about ready to bring it up when the hushed phone calls started. Carol would be whispering into the receiver and would quickly get off or change the subject when I came into the room. The girl's night outs still happened about every other week, but when I asked where they'd be going, I never got a definitive answer.

"I'm not sure if we're going to the club or just going out to dinner," she would tell me. "If you need to get hold of me, you can always call my cell phone," she came back with when I questioned her.

"Ted, Steve here," I opened with. "I've got a personal question for you if you don't mind answering," I paused. "Has Tammy been acting different lately?" I asked.

"Nope, she's still the crazy Tammy that she's always been," Ken, told me.

"Well Carol's been a little stand offish lately, like something's on her mind," I told him. "Maybe it's just me and I'm making too much of it, hell the girls deserved to blow off a little steam once in a while."

"Steve, Carol hasn't gone out with the girls in the last month," he replied. "I know Tammy and Carol see each other once in a while, but she's no longer going out with the group on Friday nights," Ken told me.

My mind at that point went into hyper drive.

"You sure about that?"

"Positive. I even asked Tammy and she said Carol had other plans."

"Ken, don't say anything to Tammy if you don't mind. I'll talk to Carol and see what's going on, maybe she had a falling out with someone in the group or something," I told him.

"Well Steve, if I hear anything I'll give you a call."

"Shit, if she's not going out with her friends anymore, whom is she going out with," I asked myself.

I thought about all the things that were going on, and I didn't like where my mind was taking me. We were making love, or having sex as it was now, only once a week. She didn't like to cuddle anymore and got really pissed the last time I came up behind her and grabbed her around the waist. Finally, going out after work on Friday and saying she was going out with her friends; this didn't look good. I didn't think there was any way in hell Carol would cheat on me, but now I wasn't so sure.

"Steve, listen to yourself," my brain finally kicked in. "You've got a wonderful, caring wife who's never given you any reason to doubt her, what are you thinking?"

When Friday came around I waited to see what she'd say this week. Ken said that the girls were planning on going to dinner and out to the club, so I wanted to see what Carol would be telling me.

"Hey hon, you going out with the girls tonight?" I asked.

"Yes, I plan on it unless something happens," she said being careful not to look at me.

"What are you guys planning tonight? I hope you women don't plan on closing up the club and asking me to drive you home because you're all too drunk," I said with a snicker.

"For your information I haven't got the least bit drunk in the last month and we'll probably end up at a show or something," she told me. "I should be home by 11 tonight, so no, you won't have to pick me up."

"Why don't you skip tonight? I've got a bottle of your favorite wine in the refrigerator, a bottle of massage oil upstairs and I know I can still make you scream in bed given the chance."

"Steve, I'm driving tonight and I can't let the girls down. Give me a rain check until tomorrow and I promise to make it worth your while," she told me.

"All right, it's a date for tomorrow and no backing out," I told her.

As I watched her drive off, I knew she had lied and was now I didn't know what to believe any more. I gave her twenty minutes and then called Ken.

"Hey Ken, did Carol pickup Tammy tonight?" I asked.

"Nope, but I did hear Tammy whisper to the girls that Carol wouldn't be coming with them tonight again. Steve, someone asked Tammy if you suspected any thing and she told her that Carol planned on telling you soon because she felt bad lying to you," he told me. "Maybe it's just something innocent, you know, maybe she's planning a surprise party for you."

I thanked him but I knew there wasn't going to be any damn surprise party. Hell, it wasn't even close to my birthday, our wedding anniversary or anything else. She was going out meeting someone and it wasn't for some fucking movie either.

That night I tore into her stuff looking for clues. I didn't know what I was looking for, but if there was something in the house I was going to find it. I found a bag with a new nightgown but it was far from being sexy. If she was having an affair this outfit would almost have the reverse effect.

That's when I sat on the edge of the bed by her closet. Affair, I'd finally said it out loud. The sneaking around, the lying, the lack of physical closeness and sex all added up to one thing and I was crushed.

"I know I'm not perfect, but she'd always seemed happy; where did I go wrong," I asked myself. That's when I guess I lost it.

I yanked all her clothes out of her closet and threw them on the bed. I emptied her dresser drawers and started putting everything into garbage bags. It took me the better part of two hours but I got all her shit packed up.

"I won't be a fucking cuckold any longer. If she wants to screw around, she can do what ever she wants, but not while she's living under my roof," the voice in my head screamed.

I dragged all her stuff downstairs and piled it in the living room.

"Bitch, if she felt bad before about lying to me, she's probably going to be pissed that I'd found out about her cheating and was kicking her ass to the curb," I said looking out the window. That's when I started drinking.

I was angry but wasn't looking forward to confronting her tonight, so I got a little liquid courage in me; oh hell, I got a lot; probably too much.

Carol walked in just before 11:00 and I was sauced. She saw the bags piled in the living room and opened one of them.

"Steve, where the hell are you?" she called out.

I was sitting on a bar stool in the kitchen when I heard her call out. I had finished up the first bottle of wine and was well into the second. Being a lightweight drinker, I kind of stumbled getting off the stool and walked into the living room.

Carol was opening one bag after another as she was getting more pissed by the minute.

"You've got ten minutes to get your ass in here and put my clothes back where they belong," she shouted. "I leave you for one night and what do you do? You get drunk and stupid on me," she shouted. "Steve, have you lost your ever loving mind?"

"I haven't but you sure have if you think I'm going to put up with your running around on me," I replied doing my best to keep my balance. "Where were you tonight my love and don't try to tell me you were with Tammy and your friends, because I've already heard enough lies from you?" I told her as I kept my anger in check, at least for the moment.

"If you must know, I was with my parents at their house and if you don't believe me you can call them," she spit back at me.

"Let's just say for the sake of argument, I believe you, why didn't to tell me that when you left tonight; instead of lying, why all the secrecy?" I asked.

"Because, I'm going to need their help in the near future so I can go back to work after the baby's born," she told me. "That is, unless you think we can make it on just your salary?"

All right I was drunk, but not so much as I missed every thing she just said; just every thing after she mentioned the word baby.

"What baby?" I shot back at her.

"My baby, or should I say, our baby. I found out for sure a month ago and I guess I panicked. I know we didn't plan on any more kids, especially since ours are now pretty self-sufficient. When I started getting sick in the morning I thought it was the flu or something I ate. I never dreamed I was pregnant. When Tammy told me it sounded like I had a bun in the oven we both laughed it off. Two days later I wasn't laughing when I did a home pregnancy test and it came out positive.

"We're going to have a baby?" I said still in shock.

"That's why I haven't been drinking or hitting the clubs with Tammy for the last few weeks. Mom and dad have agreed to be permanent baby sitters until we can afford for me to quit. I guess I was pretty bummed out about being a mother again and the last thing I wanted to do was fool around with you; that's how I got myself into this condition."

"Why didn't you just come right out and tell me?" I asked.

"Steve, you were the one who kept talking about all the things we were going to do now that the kids were old enough. All the trips and even leaving the kids at one of our parents houses so we could have some adult time without having to worry about the kids walking in on us; remember? So what's with all the clothes and stuff? I don't understand?"