GianCarlo Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You don't trust me," Stefan said blatantly.

It came out of left field but Denise quickly answered, "I don't know you."

"You're not trying to get to know me either."

"What? I'm sitting here having coffee with you, aren't I?"

"But you're just waiting for me to make all the conversation before you let on anything about yourself." He said hitting the nail on the head.

Denise raised an eyebrow, "Then tell me, Professor X, why I would do that?"

"Professor X?" He asked with a small smile.

"Yeah because you're trying to read...my...mi-anyways, why do you think I'd do that?"

He chuckled at her, "I don't know, you're afraid that I won't like the real you, you're trying to pin me down so you could, I don't know, become what you think I'd want."

"You missed your calling there, Mr. Romano. You'd make a great head shrink."

"Do people say head shrink?"

"Up north I think, I hear it in movies. I imagine psychologist performing some laid back version of a shrunken heads ritual."

Stefan threw his head back with laughter, "I guess that's your sense of humor?"

She gave a small smile, "Yeah, I guess you can say that."

The smile he gave her was a genuine one and not the practiced yet very sexy smirk she'd given him. He liked how it truly lit up her eyes.

Denise leaned in conspiratorially, "Do you really want to know me?"

Stefan smiled, "What are you thinking?"

***

Denise knew of this party that was going on that night. She had wanted to check it out but didn't want to go stag. Stefan convinced Denise that she didn't have to bus it to the place and they hopped in his car to go. Denise led him to the warehouse district behind the freeway. The streets around that area were deserted and illumined by old strung up street lights.

"Don't worry, murder alley is on the other side of town." She said causing him to chuckle.

Stefan was a grown man and vampire to boot, he could handle himself. What concerned him was the thought of his mate coming to these places alone. They pulled up to a small parking lot with a dozen or so cars but not a soul in sight. It was a five minute walk to what looked like an abandoned warehouse.

She paused just outside the door to give him a reassuring look. "You sure you want to come? I don't want you to..." She stopped not sure how to put what she meant in words.

"Don't worry about me, I'm along for the ride." Stefan said taking her hand in his. At his touch Denise whole body hummed with something akin to excitement. She knocked on the door and a short dreaded white guy with large ear gauges opened the door.

"Chad!" Denise greeted. The guy smiled and embraced Denise.

"It's been awhile, kid, Did you fall off the face of the earth?"

"Chad this is my date, Stefan. He's one of the good ones so don't give him no shit." She said taking Stefan's hand again.

"The good ones?" Chad said eyeing him. Stefan instantly didn't like him. "He looks like bacon to me."

Denise rolled her eyes, "He's not a cop, just let us in."

After Chad let them in, they walked down the corridor. Well out of ear shot, Stefan asked, "Does he have something to be paranoid over?"

Denise gave him a smirk, "A lot of things."

As they approached the door at the end of the corridor, passing by half-drunk lovers and people on phones, the music became louder. When they entered, the deep bass of dub-step music surrounded them. The place was a veritable haven for alternative culture. In the middle of the warehouse was a DJ on a make shift riser. Surrounding him on both sides were hordes of dancers moving like a sinuous wave. Around the perimeter were little areas where things were bought and sold, from drinks to jewelry. They had side shows here and there with contortionists and illusionists and "specialty bars" like the tattoo bar, the piercing bar, and the henna bar. Lastly, scattered here and there were little lounge areas with worn chairs and re purposed coffee tables. Stefan, feeling a little overwhelmed, looked to Denise who looked delighted, like a kid at a carnival.

Denise suggested they do a round to see everything. They stopped to watch the twists, shimmy and turns of the contortionists, and watch a little of the illusionists show. All the while, Stefan kept a grip on Denise's hand. He noted that, while Denise didn't know everyone there, she did know most of the people running the shows, bars, and shops. She gladly introduced him as her date and all the reactions ranged from wariness to delight to subtle hostility. The hostile ones all thought that he was another guy trying to get in her pants.

They stopped by a particularly hostile guy to buy drinks.

"Hey Shawn! Gimme two Dem Pink Shits," Denise said as they walked up to a guy with a DIY bar set on a fold-able table.

He was about Denise's height so Stefan had about four or five inches on him. Shawn was the only other black person there, besides Nise. He had light brown skin and a head of short curls. Stefan didn't like how he looked at Denise or how long he held her when she hugged him. Stefan, so put off by this guy, he almost missed Denise talking to him.

"Stefan, you gotta try this drink, Shawn made it up maybe a couple months ago and asked me to name it. Mind you, I was so drunk at the time." She laughed, oblivious to the way the two guys eyed each other.

Shawn didn't like the look of Stefan either, "Go easy on it, man" he said, "This shit will have you on the ground."

Stefan couldn't help but think, he'd been drinking since before Shawn was even thought about, nothing he had would put him out. Denise reached into her bra to pull out a few crumpled dollars. Stefan hated how Shawn looked at her a little too closely. He pulled out his own wallet.

"I got this, Nise" Stefan said using the nickname everyone called her, "Yo, how much I owe you?"

"It's twenty." He said eyeing Stefan.

Denise rolled her eyes, Shawn had always had a thing for her but he was not Denise's type. She wasn't attracted to him in the least. She liked strong and silent not artsy and arrogant.

"Stefan, don't listen to him, its only ten."

"No, I got it." He pulled out a crisp twenty handing it over, "Keep the change."

"He cant," Denise said making her way behind the bar to begin making the drinks. Shawn had taught her how and he always let her make it. She made it a little stronger than he made them.

"All his profits go to charity, everyone's profits go to charity." She said pouring the contents in a mixer.

She was about to shake it but Shawn stopped her then proceeded to get behind her and put his hands on hers to teach her the "technique" of shaking. Denise glanced at Stefan under her lashes to give him a look that said she was just as uncomfortable as he was. This made Stefan smile inwardly.

"Uh, thanks, I'm pretty sure I know how to shake...or at least that's what them boys tell me." She laughed at her own joke and Shawn backed away. When Nise turned around to grab a few cups Shawn leaned over the table.

"If you think she's free game because of those rumors then you got something else coming. If you hurt her I'll hurt you." Shawn said in a hard whisper. All Stefan could do was raise an eyebrow.

"Okay, here taste it." Denise said turning around, having poured the drinks.

It was a thick pink color like Pepto Bismal. He sipped and realized that it was just a mix of Baileys, Tequila, and grenadine. For what it was, a way to get girls drunk as quickly as possible, it was good. Denise and Stefan took their drinks to a lounge area where they had to share the long worn sectional sofa with a couple making out.

"Sorry about Shawn, he could be weird and awkward sometimes...most of the time."

"No, its fine. So profits from this party really go to charity?" He asked seeing, suddenly, a new side to this place.

"All of our parties do. Despite what it looks like we aren't a bunch of self-interested hedonists. Now, we're not like a legit for profit business either, a lot of shady shit do go down here, but our hearts are in the right place."

"You said we, how many is we?"

"About...um...thirty-five at the most ten at the least. We all do our part. Its me Kay, the shopkeeper at the stationary store, Chad, Shawn, Mike, Topher, Steph, Belle, Anderson and.... a few others but they'll all just sound like names to you."

"Damn, so how'd you fall into this...scene?" She took a sip of her drink and gave Stefan a real smile, She was beautiful when she smiled. She was less like a vixen, or a sex symbol and more like a person. Her brown eyes shown and her lips pulled back over perfect teeth. More importantly she was beginning to let him in. He wondered if she'd notice.

"In high school I met Kay. She didn't look like that before. She was more nerdy and seemed like a goody two shoes but we were kindred spirits. It started off as going to rock shows, then sneaking into nightclubs, then on prom night we got brave enough to throw this wild ass party in an abandoned lot. We charged for entrance and made a shitload of money, met a lot of people, and got super shit-faced wasted. We were hooked. We met a few people who believed in the cause and decided to join us. Fast forward to today and we're still going strong, although I and Kay aren't always involved."

"What is the cause? Which charity gets the money?"

Denise eyes glazed over, as if she got lost in a far away memory. Then she came back, eyes focusing again on Stefan. "R.A.I.N.N." She said finally.

Stefan wracked his brain to see if that meant anything to him. He came up short. Denise looked at him and could tell he didn't know what it meant.

"It means Rape Abuse Incest National Network, they help victims of sexual abuse. It...means a lot to us." Denise said the last barely over a whisper.

She couldn't believe she was telling him this. She just felt comfortable around him. Denise has never met someone who cared. Many guys have said it but it never meant anything, empty words. It was only them trying to say what she wanted to hear. Denise eventually just put forth an effort to believe them, it hurt much less then knowing that you were only as good to them as what you gave up. Stefan was different, his words held weight and he was sexy, that's always a plus, right?

Stefan leaned in, "You wanna dance?" He asked, lightening the mood.

Denise broke into a smile, "Hell Yeah! You know, if you give the DJ a dollar he'll play any song you want, and I mean any. Give him two dollars and he'll mix 'em."

Stefan took the lead this time, pulling Denise through the throng of people on the dance floor to make it to the DJ stand. On one of the speakers sat a little notepad and pen with a jar full of crumpled bills.The paper had a list of songs down the sheet.

"WheeeeeuH", Stefan whistled at the DJ. When the DJ turned his way he'd written on the paper '$5 if you play this song now.' The DJ a young bald Hispanic guy gave him and grin, waggling his brow.

"What song you'd pick?" Denise asked leaning in close, when he returned. Suddenly, the first few drum beats rolled and she knew exactly what it was. Denise threw her head back in laughter.

"I'mma sucker for dance hall," Stefan said close to her ear.

Denise laughed again, Stefan had requested Mr. Bombastic one of the cheesiest dance hall songs she could think of. As the music continued she slowly came to realize that he wasn't kidding when he said he was into dance hall. Stefan could dance. He wasn't gonna win any dance competitions but he could hold his own. Denise turned around leaning back into his chest as she wined on him. His hips followed hers and he even began to control their rhythm.

Denise reached back placing a hand behind his head the other on his hand on her hip. They rode the beat together, Stefan surprising her with every switch of his rhythm. Maybe it was that strong ass drink she made or maybe it was being with Stefan that caused the world around them to fade. All that mattered to her was the pace of the beat, the pounding of his heart, and the fan of his breath on her neck. Denise had got lost in him and it felt amazing.

***

"What you know bout that Red Rat?" Denise asked on a smile.

After a few more songs Stefan had requested another song, surprising Denise. Right now they were walking toward the car having danced all their energy away.

"What? I should be asking you that question, little girl" He said

Denise laughed, "Little girl? I'm not too little, I hope."

"No of course not." He said as they reached the car.

Denise smiled to herself as she leaned against the driver side door. Her eyes slowly closed as she reminisced on the night. The way he was a brave little trooper about this part of her life felt amazing. She hardly ever let any of the guys she dated into this part of her life, it was too close to her heart. Who was this guy to open her heart so quickly? Maybe she was being stupid. Maybe he was playing her like a fiddle. It hurt to think that, but she knew of only one way to find out. It was better to hurt now before she thoroughly fell in love.

"What are you thinking about?" Stefan asked. Denise slowly opened her eyes to see him only a few inches away. He was truly beautiful. Not conventionally of course but he had a rough charm, with his almond shaped hazel eyes, firm brow and long nose. His skin had a light olive tone and his dark brown hair was cut low. His face was square and had a shadow of a beard on his jaw. His lips were thin with a perfect bow shape. He smiled showing straight teeth.

"You," She said softly, "I'm thinking of you."

Before he knew what she was doing she grabbed his collar and pulled him close to her, molding her body against his. She reveled in the feel of his hard body pressed against hers, as she looked into his eyes. He was clearly caught off guard but his hands instinctively went to her hips. He put a bit of space between his hips and hers, lest she felt the product of his arousal. Pressed against him he could smell her warm citrus fragrance, like ripe oranges, and her full lips called to him.

She pressed a kiss to his lips and he quickly melted against her, inhaling deeply. It had been so long since he's been with a woman, much less kissed them. He counted at least ten years. Stefan's whole body reacted, his heart pumped a little faster and he pressed closer to her. Denise caught his bottom lip sucking it into her mouth. Stefan took the opportunity, darting his tongue into her sweet mouth, teasing hers.

She moaned squirming against him and the sound was so sweet. He felt himself getting harder, pressing against her lower belly. Stefan cradled the back of Denise head making their kiss deeper as she trailed her hands down his chest. Her touch left his skin tingling beneath his clothes. Her hands trailed lower caressing the area just beneath his belly button, sending white heat straight to his groin. Her little fingers hooked into the waist of his pants pressing his bulge so much closer to her. He grunted at the pressure.

Denise began to unbuckle his belt. It took sometime for his conscience to chime in. It was too soon for any of this. He wasn't just another one of 'those' guys. Gosh, he wanted to. He couldn't wait to feel her tight wetness engulfing his cock but it was too soon. He wanted to make this work. He wanted her forever. She deserved more then a quick fuck up against his car, though the thought of it made him impossibly hard. To hear her moan his name, and it echo throughout the empty parking lot. No, he couldn't not like this.

"Uh-uh" He moaned into their kiss. He reached down grabbing her hands and putting them on his shoulders. "Not like this." He whispered against her lips.

"We can get in the car," She said and again just the thought of it shot pleasure to his groin.

"N-Not like this," He repeated, mostly for his own clarity.

"I wanna be sure this isn't all you want from me." She whispered again.

That statement sobered him. She believed it too. She really thought, even for a second, all he wanted was an easy lay. He cupped her cheek gazing intently into her eyes, they looked so innocent. They weren't piercing or studying him.

"Trust me, Denise, I want so much more than this. If you can believe, I already care about you, and you turn me on like you wouldn't believe," He chuckled. "You deserve better and-"

He was cut off by a vibrating in his pocket. He paused not wanting to leave the proximity of Denise's body. he puled out his cell phone. It was Gian. He had to take it.

He must have made a face because Denise asked, "Who is it?"

"Gian," He answered, "He's not taking the separation well, either."

Denise nodded and Stefan stepped back to answer. "Yeah?" He asked.

"I did what you said but-but I don't know. I don't think I can do this...." Gian was rambling.

"Okay, Okay, deep breath. Tell me about the college." He asked trying to defer his mind from Delia.

"Who the fuck cares?" He said not in anger but restlessness.

"I do, and you better too if you're gonna get past this."

Gian sighed like a petulant child, "Phoenix, I think, Business major...um I start class in a couple weeks. I put it on the black card so that that prick can see."

"Perfect," Stefan said.

"I'mma get in the car," Denise said. Stefan handed her the keys.

"Who's that?" Gian asked.

"Doesn't matter, tell me-"

"It's her sister, isn't it?" Gian asked, cutting Stefan off.

"Yeah," Stefan said on a sigh.

"Please, ask her how Delia's doing? Does she hate me?" Gian asked

Stefan didn't want to tell him the truth, it would make him feel horrible. On the other hand if he hears she moved on easily with out him that would destroy him. He suppressed a sigh, "She's taking it a little hard but Denise is taking care of her."

"I'm sure she is taking care of her," He responded sarcastically, "Though that's kinda hard to do hanging out with you."

"Don't be a dick, Contiello"

"Don't call me that!"

"Then take my word for it." Stefan said.

Gian sighed, "Okay, bye"

"Bye," Stefan wasn't so sure that counted as a talk down. He was left a little fearful that Gian would go out and do something crazy.

***

Delia wondered why Nise wasn't home yet. She guessed Denise figured she was well enough and would forego babying her. It was just as well. She was tired of being sad and making everyone around her sad. She still missed Gian like crazy but she tried her best to reason away those feelings. She'd only known him for six or so months, they weren't dating and Gian was a grown man and he could make his own decisions. Who needed him anyways? He was only taking up man-space. It was at that thought she realized she watched way too much Raising Whitley.

Delia, finding nothing better to do decided she'd go to the fridge again and stare at the food she didn't want to eat for the twelfth time that day. As she got up she caught a glance of herself in the mirror. She didn't like what she saw, a broken girl. Her head wasn't completely bandaged anymore, just a square of gauze hidden in her ponytail. She wore what her sister called her 'little Haitian girl' house dress. A homemade shapeless thing, made from scrap fabric. From the top neckline, her collar bones protruded even more than usual and her face was slimmer, her eyes were sunken and in her opinion she looked sickly.

"Well, there goes those twenty pounds everyone thought you should lose." She said chuckling darkly to herself.

No, none of that. She didn't want to feel any lower than she already did. She'd decided she was going to make herself look pretty. If only to see a glimpse of the old her. She gathered her makeup bag and flat iron and sat on the floor in front of her full length mirror.

After three hours and what felt like three pounds of cosmetics later she looked a hell of a lot better. She just wished she had somewhere to go, and a small part of her wished she could go with Gian. No, she wouldn't think about him. Delia had done her face up with shimmering lids, winged liner and rosy cheeks. She'd painted her lips a deep red and even flat ironed her natural hair. She'd curled it and wrapped a scarf around her crown to cover the bandage. She felt like a doll and a bit like her old self.