Gifts of the Future Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Forever your dreams had you wishing for the day
When I would look into your eyes and finally say...
It was you all along.
But I had thought there was too high a price to pay
Until the night you kissed me and I heard you say...
I'd be forever yours...
I've been forever yours...
Ever since the night a miracle created me...
Ever since the heavens deemed that I was born to be...
Forever yours... forever yours.
Forevermore I dreamed that we would never part
Until the day I let a damn lie break my heart...
And I pushed you away.
I had forgotten that you're the one who made me see
That destiny somehow already fated me...
To be forever yours.
I'll be forever yours...
Until the day I can no longer recall your face so sweet...
Until the end of time or my heart can no longer beat...
I'll be forever yours... forever yours.

**********

On Saturday, December 24, 1977 at 5:30 in the evening, Jonnie almost thought he was dreaming as he stood on a platform not far from the edge of the waves when he saw his soul mate coming toward him down the walkway on the arm of her father...

She was wearing a simple, elegant white gown with a fitted, strapless satin bodice that showed just a hint of her cleavage through the thin layer of chiffon mesh sewn over the bodice that covered the her chest, shoulders, arms and back, helping to hide the scar that went from the middle to the right side of her upper chest. The full skirt fell loosely and billowed behind her in the soft ocean breeze. Her thick golden brown hair was curly and loose, but pulled back from her face and adorned with baby's breath to go with the single white poinsettia bloom she carried. And her makeup was very subtle... just enough to enhance her natural beauty.

When Charles handed Megan over to Jonnie, they faced each other and stared into each other's eyes during the entire brief ceremony. Barbie Estevez and Brad Seldon, serving as maid of honor and best man, also stared at each other the whole time. In their hearts they were married during that ceremony as well... mouthing the "I do's" and the vows right along with their best friends, pursing their lips at each other when Megan and Jonnie kissed.

God was kind to them in keeping the weather mild for late December... the breeze off the ocean that evening was out of the southwest and carried with it the moist warmth of the tropics. The air had been perfect for long dresses and suits in the glow of the setting sun, but they knew that the temperature would probably start to drop once the sun was down, which was why the reception was at a nearby country club.

While only family and close friends had attended the ceremony on the beach, they had invited a lot of their other friends and acquaintances to the reception. Many of their parent's co-workers and other old friends were there and they were treating it like it was a Christmas party as well as a wedding reception. The food was fabulous and the drinks were flowing... especially lots of champagne.

Megan and Jonnie kept watching each other throughout the reception as people separated them at times to talk to each of them. But they'd excuse themselves as quickly as they could to get back to one another. When Jonnie took Megan onto the dance floor, he had to let her lean against the right side of his body with her arms around his waist as they swayed together. Megan still couldn't lift her arms very comfortably due to her wound, but she was working on it every day.

While they were swaying slowly, holding each other with their eyes closed, they both froze and looked up when they heard a familiar voice. "I hope the groom will pardon me for interrupting... but I'd be highly honored if the bride would share a brief dance with this old man before I have to go!"

Megan smiled warmly at John Wayne as Jonnie continued to stare at him in surprise. Then she laughed softly as she said, "You seem to have caught my husband off guard, Mr. Wayne, so please let me introduce you to him. This is my soul mate, Jonathan Christopher North, Jr. Jonnie... will you shake John Wayne's hand and let him know if you're willing to give me up for brief dance with him?!!"

Jonnie grinned nervously as he shook hands with The Duke and said, "I'm sorry sir... it's an honor to finally meet you. Megan's family and my parents have always talked about what a nice man you are and I've always enjoyed watching your movies with them! And I know Megan would love to dance with you... just be careful of her arms. She still can't lift them very well because of her injury," he said gravely as he handed her over the older man.

Wayne carefully put his arm around Megan as she settled against his right side and he held her small right hand in his left palm as he moved them slowly around the dance floor. When she looked up at him and smiled happily, he stated seriously, "Well, young lady... you are quite the heroine! Getting yourself shot to save the man you love... writing and singing a hit song about your love for him and now you've married him! I thought most young women liked to play hard to get!" he finished teasingly.

Megan chuckled with him as she replied, "Well I did for years while we were growing up! But he persisted until he finally wore me down! Now I'm just making up for all those years I pushed him away and I wasn't about to lose him when we'd finally both realized we were meant to be! I never thought I could love someone so much..." she stated softly as her gaze drifted from his to where her husband was watching them with a huge smile on his face.

The Duke looked over and watched the smile fade from Jonnie's face as he and Megan stared at each other. He fully recognized the flames that came up in the young man's striking aqua blue eyes as he watched his wife dancing with him. It was the same look he'd given Megan's mother years back... the same look that Megan's father still gave her after over 20 years together...

If there was one thing he'd discovered about Diana Richards and all her friends over the years... they had a knack for finding their one true love and they knew how to love them without reservations! He sighed heavily as he wished he could've learned more from them... He had no doubt that Megan and Jonnie would have a long, happy life together...

John Wayne danced Megan over to her husband and kissed her cheek gently before he handed her back to her one true love. He smiled sadly at them as he put his hands on their shoulders and said, "I envy you two... I don't think I've ever shared a love as deep as what you two have. But I think I came close... once," he said quietly as he looked over to where Megan's mother was watching them.

Then he looked back and smiled genuinely as he stated, "I wish you all the happiness in the world! I know you two will love wisely and well and be sure to also pass that ability on to your children! They will be your greatest joy! Good bye... until we meet again!" The Duke bowed his head to them and turned to make his way over to where Megan's mother and father were to say good-bye to them as well and then he left... his looming presence still felt by much of the group of friends who'd so admired him for years.

Megan and Jonnie stayed at the reception for a little while longer. They didn't do the traditional bouquet and garter toss... everyone already knew who was getting married next! But they did cut their wedding cake together and very civilly fed each other a bite as they stared lovingly into each other's eyes...

Both of them were starting to remember that they'd managed not to fully consummate their love before their wedding night... Jonnie would finally be taking Megan's body for the first time... and as her husband! He was having a hard time controlling his excitement at that thought. He'd never shared that intimacy before... other than the night he'd woken up to find Kris about to impale herself on him! But he'd stopped her before his body even had a chance to feel any pleasure... And he was also beginning to worry whether he'd be able to control himself enough with Megan to give her pleasure...

Megan was thinking about how dreamy Aunt Dawn's face looked every time she told her and Barbie how awesome it had been between her and Uncle Rick on their wedding night because they'd waited to share that ultimate intimacy as husband and wife! Then Dawn would giggle girlishly as she admitted that it was all Rick's idea...

If she'd had her way, they'd have been fucking like minks every night! That last bit had just recently been admitted to Barbie by her mother when Barbie had asked her if she was disappointed that she and Brad were already so sexually active. Dawn had hugged her daughter and told her that she'd have gone crazy if her father had told her they had to wait four years before they could get married! She didn't blame Barbie in the least, especially since she was on birth control.

Barbie and Brad were planning to spend the night together making love in his bed. Barbie had told her Mom and Dad that she was spending the night with Brad's sister Didi since everyone was going to be coming over to Tom and Lynda's for Christmas Day any way... but they knew better! Brad and Barbie would both wish that night that they could get married right away, but the forces of destiny had made them aware that they were headed where they needed to go...

Megan's twin half-brother Charlie and his secret girlfriend Lily Wilson would also begin to believe that night that their destiny was to be together and they would know when the time was right to make it permanent...

And Megan and Jonnie North would conceive a child on their wedding night... a son whose "gifts" would one day allow him to join with others in saving the world...

**********

Author's Note: In case no one figured it out, this is a continuation of my last series that was entitled "Price of Past Miracles"... And the song published here, "Forever Yours," is an original song that I wrote myself and I retain the rights to it. It may not be printed or used in any way without my express permission.

12