Girl Gets Her Man Ch. 20

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Uh, yeah. Nobody's hurt," Jo sniffed. "They just broke my grandma's vase."

The officer scanned the faces and stopped at Joanne. "Are you sure ma'am?"

"Yes, I'm sure." She mustered a sort of a smile at the officer as he looked up at Dan.

A flash of recognition triggered a slow, "Wait, aren't you the guy with the donut in your ear?"

It was the same officer that had been called to break up the fight with Jerry. "Uh, I think it was a cinnamon roll, but yeah," Dan shrugged sheepishly.

"And, you're mister 'what's it to you,' right?" The officer looked at Jerry.

"That was an isolated incident, officer. It has no relation to this particular moment," Jerry softly said.

The officer looked between the two, "Okay, this is warning number two. If I see you guys again, I'm not gonna care what the story is. You go downtown. Get me?"

Jerry and Danny both voiced their agreement. With a satisfied nod the officer went to join his partner outside.

"Wait, officer," James Croix stopped the officer at the door. He had a quiet conference with the two men before he closed the door. When he turned around, he let out a slow sigh and sat down in the kitchen.

"Thanks, babe," Dan murmured as he put his arms around her. 'for being so strong.'

She said with her cheek resting on his upper arm, "I didn't do anything." He stroked her back.

Jesse made her presence known, "Okay, break it up, or go to your room. God, you make me sick."

Dan felt the laugh before Joanne made a sound. "I like you too, Jessica."

"Not enough to do me, but I guess it'll do," Jesse smiled back at her. The girl wasn't that bad when she was on their side. "You guys staying here tonight? Because, I can spend the night with Terrence. I'm sure he missed me..."

Jerry snapped, "Stop talking like I don't count. This doesn't change anything. We were in the middle of..."

"Just shut up, Jerry," he heard Mr. Croix's somewhat diminished voice from the kitchen.

"But, Pops..."

"I'm not your Pops. If today was a year ago, you'd be in a squad car, right now," he calmly said as he rose from his chair.

Jerry tried a different route, "No. You can't possibly think that I did anything to..."

"I don't think. I know." James Croix looked at his daughter and sighed, "You see, Jo couldn't lie her way out of a paper bag. It may not seem that way to some, but that's the best thing about my girl. I can't believe I stuck up for you. I asked you what happened , Jeremy. You lied to me. Not just once, but over and over again."

12