All Comments on 'Goodbye, La La Land'

by MLyons

Sort by:
  • 182 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Finally!!!

I'm a persnickety English major who loves erotica, but I can't stand bad writing, and lately that's all I've been able to find. All the erotic stories I've read lately except for this one have fallen far short--but it seems that I have FINALLY found a story with a plot development that makes sense and characters who are real and believable. Excellent work! Loved it!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Fantastic!

Thanks for writing such a lovely story! Very stimulating throughout.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Awesome

It takes me back to those days where I was the class intellectual, the class nerd. I'd had it hammered into me that good girls don't, guys are aggressors; and then that amazing enlightenment the first time a girl understood that I was too shy, too afraid, and took my hand and put it on her breast (she had to force it in her pants too - inhibitions were strongly rooted) GOD - what a memory so richly described in this story. Thank you.

Fantastic Story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
amazing!

What an amazing, well written story! Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Just amaizing!

Wow! What should I say? This was the best story I've ever read! Everything is just perfect. Thank you for this great story.

missveramissveraabout 14 years ago
loved it.

yo did an amazing job on this story! keep it up, i can't wait to see what other things you have!

CassiniCassiniabout 14 years ago
First love

You captured the confusing magic of first love with stunning accuracy. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Very well captured

And amazingly well written story, that very accurately captures that first love. Very likeable characters and the story has a nice flow and pace to it.

I'd love to read more about what Gary and Kath experiences together as their relationship progress.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Outstanding

This story doesn't deserve a "5". Why isn't there a "10" option?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
loved it!

such an amazingly beautiful story, please write more!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago

Surely one of the best stories on lite

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
inspiring!

great story! It got me thinking about writing something of my own, too. As someone who is still fairly young I am beginning to see writing this sort of story important to conceptualizing one's desires--a voice that acts as a mirror for thoughts that one might not otherwise pursue.

For example, do I really like this girl at work who doesn't dress very well but has a really great smile (even if she doesn't know that she does and is quite attractive), and is really quiet (even though she has an unspoken brilliance hidden by her introversion). Then all of the sudden we are fucking in the back room =)

IAN_TIAN_Tover 13 years ago

I can still remember the crush of shyness and how it took the love of a special lady to relieve me of that burden. Thank you so very much for writing and sharing this story. You portrayed the emotions superbly.

aDayDreamBelieveraDayDreamBelieverover 13 years ago
Lovely story

this is the sweetest story I've read on this site in a long while. Very well done and beautifully realistic. Thanks for bringing back fond memories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
A diamond in a sea of coals

I've read hundreds of stories on this site, many of them incredible, but I'm sparse with compliments, so this is the first time that I've posted a comment.

Absolutely beautiful. You captured love in its purest form, on top of excellent descriptive narration, and characters that the reader can really feel for. You shifted seamlessly from the realm of social interaction into the realm of sex, so smoothly that they blended into one arch of love.

I never thought I would shed a tear on literotica, but your story was just that heartfelt. Congratulations, and this is now Bookmarked.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Absolutely beautiful!

Absolutely beautiful! Written with so much care and passion :) It made my heart melt. Xx

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
That was...

flawless. an absolutely perfect representation of character, love, life, sex, and emotion. amazing. I've never read any better.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Great Job

Great Job and keep writing is all I can say after I my tears

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

makes me think of myself, i am so fucking shy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Awesome.

Can't beleive how much i'm identifying myself to Gary.

Looking at a girl's assets very breifly and pretending that it was 'in my viewing trajectory' is what I do all the time.

Overanalysing stuff is my trademark and I too like to make 'rules' of my own.

In this way, Gary was the most realistic character i've ever been presented.

I've often had the impression, while reading the story, that I was the main character!

I also loved how close to reality the whole story was : shyness and uncertainty always refraining the usual rash and unquestionned Fucking, or how it seemed possible in this story (like in real life) that guys are attracted to girls that differ from the typical american supermodel. (small and perky breats are so sexy).

Like I said : awesome.

I'm usually ashamed of my erotic readings, but i can proudly share this piece of art with my friends.

If you're a girl and identify yourself to Kathleen, send me a mail ...

- guidry_vincent@hotmail.com -

... 'cause i'd sure like to do my science lab with you :)

(i was born Aug. '92 for 18 of age atm i write this)

fosterdaddy12fosterdaddy12almost 13 years ago
Realistic

Most realistic first time story I've read!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
ohmigoshh!

Best story I've read on here.

So realistic! And kinda absolutely adorable! Just sayyinn...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
This is It

This is what the first time should be like for everyone. I loved this story! I hope you write more!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Bloody marvelous!

Wow, just fantastic. You actually made us care about these jids. All the fear and insecurities of teenage years. Ohh that hurt. I was just like Gary. But without the friends. So I reinvented myself. I was 30 before I was comfortable to be me. 40 before I actually enjoyed being me. Now I am divorced and feel like that gawky teenager again! Makes me look at my own teenage son differently.

But that story was just beatiful. Thank you.

Ozma12533Ozma12533almost 13 years ago
An excellent read

I liked Gary's various views on how life operates, a very interesting way to look at things

Marty82Marty82almost 13 years ago
Awesome

I loved it!!!!!! Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Wow.

Just wow. This was absolutely great.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
wow

Man, I have got to say of everything that I read daily, erotica and not, this has got to be one of the best articulated and most well written pieces I have had the pleasure to read in a long time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

@Ozma12533 if only more teens thought like that.

@MLyons incredible. usually legnth turns me away but u keep going. incredible 5/5

MLyonsMLyonsover 12 years agoAuthor
Thank You

Thank you to everyone who has read and taken the time to leave a comment on and/or "favorite" my work. I really am very flattered. I can't believe it's been 7+ years since I wrote it. Thanks to everyone for reading. I'm so glad it seems to have touched a few people as much as it touched me to write it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

I hope this is what my first time is like. This was amazing to read. Thank you for writing so beautifully.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Love

It's so great to read a story filled with love -- an antidote to all the heartless sex writing out there. Thanks.

ocramavafocramavafover 12 years ago
beautiful.

a masterpiece of writing

KazuKazuover 12 years ago

A fantastic story with so much heart in it. I wish my first time could have been even a fraction of what they felt.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Another thank you

Thank you for putting so much into a story free to be found by anyone with a filthy mind and a computer.

Nobody has mentioned the character of the older sister yet-- what a great character! I wish I had a sister like her. She's so patient and encouraging. I'm smiling imagining what Kath's post-sex conversation with her would be.

The line about shy guys... Inspiring! I'm a virgin currently enjoying fun-and-scary "real life" fantasies about a shy guy like Gary. Felt like big sis was talking directly to me.

I also love that the feedback on this story is a mix of both men and women's voices. This story resonates for all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Outstanding

Shall I say more? That 's no porno. That 's pure erotic! It is fairy tale at its best. Thank you from Germay!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

Just beautiful. Takes me back to a more tender time in my life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Sooooo Sweeeet

Really, Soooo Sweeeet. Leads me to dream of love and tenderness again, and create a new relationship and loveship and tenderness after far too long alone. Beautiful writing.

Thanks

brian215brian215about 12 years ago

i seriously do not know how many times i've read this story. it is simply magnificent.

AgrabahAgrabahabout 12 years ago
Generally a good story...

The pacing and characterization is pretty decent, and I in particular like Kathleen as a character, she's realistically well-developed and I like her approach to things. However, Gary is painted as a idealizing virgin, and I feel that makes him less of a character, however I do like how the interactions between him and his friends proceed.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Just What I Was Looking For

I don't read erotica for getting off; I look for this kind of story, which is the most realistic and wonderful I have ever read. Porn is always too 'La La Land', and even traditional Romance is blatantly unrealistic. For some reason I had the gut feeling that erotica was the only medium with a theme of realistic fantasy love, and this story has proven that. I don't even care about the sex, I can feel the powerful love throughout my entire soul. I identified with Gary, cliches aside, and only hope my first experience will be this great emotionally. Although it doesn't really matter:

I don't really care if my first is up to par with this, as long as it's part of a wonderful relationship that lasts a very, very long time.

Excellent work. Just fantastic.

For all female readers around the age of 18 that enjoyed this story; I will definitely not start a long distance relationship, but would simply rather have some satisfying conversations relating to love and emotion. If you're interested email me @ alwayskeepcontents@yahoo.com

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Love's first tender stirrings trump mere sex

So considerately tender and elevating. Devoid of the crass. Believably authentic. Superbly paced and backgrounded. The characters personalities were able to be clearly conjured in the readers imagination. Is there a woman out there like Kathleen? If so, I want her!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Simply loooooooove this story ! :)

I bookmarked it long back, and re-reading once more. Can't imagine a better-written erotic piece. It's just so smooth, so silky, so peaceful, and so quiet. And I love Kathleen and Gary. Would like to meet them :-) Personally, I would like to have my first-time experience like this. Oh, what would I not give to have a so understanding wife like Kathleen? :-) Absolutely beeauuutiful. :-) Cried so many times after reading it. :( If only my wishes could come true :P

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Oh my God.

This was amazingly well done. I was almost moved to tears more than once, and the last time I cried at any work of fiction was when I watched "The Iron Giant" when it came out in theaters when I was a kid. This was simply amazing.

MattAkerMattAkerover 11 years ago
Oh my god

I absolutely love, love, love this story... It's really beautiful. Thanks for writing it. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
omigod

omigod, he cried.. I was like nooo don't cry, I will cry with u if u do... so touching wish ill find a guy like himm.

prashant1225prashant1225over 11 years ago
I lose hours of sleep reading countless stories to find ones like this!

This story was absolutely heartwarming! I don't know if there's anything more beautiul in life than the blossoming of love and finding someone to share yourself completely with. I dream everyday of meeting the girl of my dreams, and until the day I do, these stories will have to continue to quell my passion. May we all find even a 10th of the love that these two had. Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

One of the best on this site. It felt very authentic.

HansTrimbleHansTrimbleover 11 years ago
How beautiful and authentic

I feel a bit like a fool to be discovering this gem in 2012 when it's apparently been out there for seven years. There's nothing I can say that others haven't already said, except that I loved it. I got so caught up in it that I was barely breathing. You created two wonderful characters in Kath and Gary. Like everyone else who has read this, I hope you'll take them further through life. College could provide an excellent setting for their further adventures.

I think this would be a much better story for high school English classes to read than a lot of the dry crap they cram down the kids' throats.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Beauty

Sometimes, there is a good story. Some of these stories are sexy, some are infuriating, some are loving. But this... This is the first story on this site that I found beautiful. I have never in my life read something that moved me so. Nor have I related to a character before like I related to Gary. I felt his love for Katherine. I FELT it. Somehow, this wasn't just a story. It was beauty in and of itself. It was literature. Most stories on this site only get the "erotica" of literotica: you got the Literature of it. Thank you for such beauty. Thank you.

lescargo2lescargo2about 11 years ago
Excelant story

thats the best story I've read on here.....

verry good work.....

now I'm wondering if you have any more posted here ?.......

I'll go look asa soon as I'm finished writing this.....hope I'm lucky

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
One of the best

I love this story...it's one of the best on here. I wish I could read a whole book, or series of books, about these characters!

talldarkfellowtalldarkfellowalmost 11 years ago
Lovely. Just lovely.

Perfectly captures a gentle, sweet, slightly awkward mutual discovery of sexuality. I could wish everyone's first time to be like this. One of my top five stories in this site (or any other I can imagine).

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
OUTSTANDING WELL DONE WELL WRITEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WELL DONE, YOUR HEART WAS IN THIS STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fatbastard01fatbastard01almost 11 years ago
beautiful

A real story about real people

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
WOW

I am speechless...

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
An excellent, warm story

Wow. I've read this story three times now and it gets better with each reading. Wonderful characters and a very nice plot with interesting wrinkles at the end. I'd love to see another story about these two a month later. Best story I've read yet. Congratulations. 1D56

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Sigh...

Every so often I'll come back and read this... I don't know how many times I've read it, but each time it makes me feel the same way... I don't know if this happens to anyone else, but I know it happens to me.. You have this incredible talent of bringing out emotions that I've buried away in a corner of my heart.. The ones that make me remember how my first love made me feel.. The first conversation, the first hug, the first kiss and the first time we made love... Some things you just don't get over... Even now, years later, I still feel my heart skip a beat every time I see him, and if I try, I can feel his touch on me.... Some things are just not meant to be... And some things can never be forgotten....

MLyonsMLyonsover 10 years agoAuthor
Thanks.

Wow... what a great comment. Thank you very very much. You made my day. The immense time and effort I put into this story so many years ago has been paid off a hundred-fold because of generous comments like these--what it's meant to people, and how it's touched them. I haven't words to describe how gratifying that is. Thanks again to ALL who've read and commented over the years. I'm really quite touched.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Amazing

Not only is this one of the best stories I've ever read here, it's one of the best stories I've ever read. Your ability to portray real and genuine emotion caught me completely off gaurd. I started reading expecting a quick story to masturbate to. I finished with a story that had made me cry, laugh, and horny all in 6 pages. Simply incredible, there is more to this story than many novels.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Thank you so much

Thank you so much. As a high school virgin with depression and self confidence issues, I can almost completely relate to Gary. This story was absolutely perfect, It makes me feel like I actually have a chance to find a girl who would like me for all my nerdy quirks.

PennMusicPennMusicover 10 years ago
Looking at the title...

...I almost passed this story up. I'm glad I didn't. I really enjoyed the characters and the way you created the atmosphere of the whole thing. I wish you would write a few more chapters to this one. Although, after 10 years, that may be asking for too much...

*** 5 Stars ***

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
superb

Well written in every sense.

oldergentleman69oldergentleman69almost 10 years ago
Fantastic

Well written story. I enjoyed it very much!

malloystermalloysteralmost 10 years ago
Oh yeah...

I've read this for the third time now, and I love the depth of the feelings that were reached. In the little prose writing that I've done, I haven't even begun to reach those depths. Congratulations!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Incredible

This story is no longer just some porn story. It's truely beautiful and touching and so well written. It makes me cry every time I read it, it's my all time favorite story

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Truly Amazing

That was a wonderful story.Just the right amount of sex and emotions.I love the characters so much i wish they were real.I have abandoned porn in favour of reading

I wish you would write more of such Amazing stories

MLyonsMLyonsover 9 years agoAuthor
10 Years On -- Thanks to Everyone!

I can't believe this story has reached its 10 year anniversary. Thanks once again to all who've read it, whether you enjoyed it or not. To those who have commented, both publicly and privately, thank you from the bottom of my heart. Kath and Gary are both part of my soul, and they thank you as well. --MLyons

billnscbillnscover 9 years ago
Amazing!!

WOW...what a really great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Beautiful

I loved this story so much. It's perfectly beautiful and precious and just so many things. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Unbelievable!

Most amazing story ever and beautifully written. Of all the erotic literature I've read this stands out...longing, passion, love, the climax of desire and tenderness fulfilled. My goodness...so nicely done. Thumbs up!...well....along with something else UP ;)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
The bets story I've read. Ever.

Seriously. Passion, uncertainty, a deep emotional connection. Loved it very much. Sequels please?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Makes me think about my own soul

First, let me say that the story was amazing. Great writing, great emotion, great sex, great everything. It's all been said before by 172 other people in the comments. But I also want to say something else.

MLyons, you said in a comment that Kath and Gary are part of your soul. Now I don't exactly know what that means, but I related to those two, especially Gary, in a way that I can't really describe. My personality conflicts with itself on many levels, and I've managed to make sense of my confusing head by splitting my thought patterns - and emotions - into 2 separate people. When I see your Kath and Gary, and I know that they stem from the same person - you - I can't help but imagine what would happen if my own halves, Kristina and AJ, were to meet each other.

Thanks. This was a trip. I loved it.

bigredkerbigredkerover 8 years ago
Holy shit! Awesome story. Didn't want it to end.

Talk about a voyeuristic look at two people's first time! Romantic, sexy, true-to-life feel. Very well written. Thank you for sharing. Can't wait to read more of your work.

KingCuddleKingCuddleover 8 years ago
Bravo, for your sensitivity!

A sweet, tender sharing of an ideal rite of passage.

I need a couple of heart emoticons here! :+)))

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Your story brought back memories of our first time!

Thank You so much for a wonderfully crafted story. It's believable and nearly the same thing happened with my husband and I. So I loved this story. I read it to my husband, he loved it as well.

Twenty-six years ago, my husband and I were exactly where your characters were both emotionally and physically. We were high school seniors, Just like your character Kathleen, it was me who was the aggressor. He was so timid, so afraid that how would rush me into a relationship or sex or... that he just didn't push me for fear I'd run away. We were on like our forth or fifth date, a friend had a party, we danced, snuggled we found his bedroom, then hormones took over! I hardly remember the sex part, I fondly remember the foreplay and snuggling together afterwards. It was a turning point in our relationship that brought us closer together through the rest of high school, college, marriage and beyond.

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
I appreciate the sensitivity shown in this story

The uncertainty, the doubts, the bad advice from friends and family, and the curiosity were all handled with care. It was nice to see them transition from La La Land to the Real World and come out emotionally sane.

I think the terms Gary was searching for were savoury and sweet when describing food categories.

dragonsbaindragonsbainalmost 6 years ago
Encore

What happens next...ch 2 pls

Tyke58Tyke58almost 5 years ago

Thanks. You made me late for work. I could not stop reading. So, really, thank you for a well told story about real people. No hyperbole about dimension or beauty. Just everyday genuine people fumbling through life, and, gratefully on my part, arriving at a good space. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful story, l thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
MORE

This author has 3 submissions under the name Princess_April.

They appear to be about a theme that does not interest me, so I did not read them.

Paul in Oklahoma

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This story touched me like few others on Lit. A very long time ago, I was Gary. I knew that there was a hole in my soul that would torture me until I filled it, and had no idea how to accomplish that. My Kathleen was a very long time coming, and I accumulated a lot of scars before she did, but she’s still with me decades later. Amazing story, easy 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I read this story as a teenager myself many moons ago, dealing with all the same wild feelings as the characters, and still come back to read it every once in awhile… truly a piece of art. Tender, sexy, and deeply intimate. Thanks for the joy over the years.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMLyons@MLyons
UPDATED 12-27-19 Thank you to everyone who has commented on my stories over the years. Yes, I'm still alive, and I still come by to check my profile on occasion. I have no plans to write any more stories like those I wrote so many years ago, but you never know. Thank you a...