All Comments on 'Grief'

by oshaw

Sort by:
  • 777 Comments (Page 4)
kdcee79kdcee79about 7 years ago
At Anon 04/05/17

What a very evil person you must be if that is all you could take from this story. 2nd time through - truly moving. Still 5 *****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Too close to home

Wow, I've never been so moved by a story on this site! We were lucky to have raised our sick child to adulthood only to see a relapse. She, however, remains strong and with us. There is so much truth in this story regarding how much a couple loses during the fight for your child's life. The reproaches and recriminations over perceived slights cause pain each parent never intend to inflict on the other.

Love can prevail! It has, so far, in our real life, and this story supports that. Thank you!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Thank you

I have sat here crying through your words. I now need to hug my wife and kids. Truly amazing story.

SBarak1SBarak1about 7 years ago
A real tear jerker.

Very well written. I couldn't hold back my tears.

Seeker1107Seeker1107about 7 years ago
Fourth time

Every time I read this I cry. My nephew lost his son of three months to a heart defect. Both parents were destroyed by it, but persevered by taking care of their other children, but mainly by communicating with each other! This story rates a 5/5 as we used to say in the military!

Thank you again for the offering!

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketabout 7 years ago
Second reading

The pathos in this story is an emotionally draining experience.

MightyHornyMightyHornyabout 7 years ago
Best story of this author.

So far, anyway.

Thank you for that one, oshaw.

boatbummboatbummabout 7 years ago
I Wondered Early On....

....why they weren't at least trying to make more babies during Rachel's early years. Most couples I've known who are working on growing a family like to have them a couple of years apart. Lord knows I tried to make that happen when I was living that part of my life, but it took a while for Mrs. B to catch the second time.... ;-)

In any case, this story is a real tear-jerker on many levels. It was truly sad to see so many years of joy devolve so quickly into the near-death downward spiral that almost consumed their marriage. To say that I'm happy with the resolution you provided would be a significant understatement....

Thanks for another fine read!

ChuckEPooChuckEPooalmost 7 years ago
Superbly written story

The snowflakes in the end was a great touch. I had tears flowing down my face. You're amazing author to elicit that type of emotion from the reader. Too many stories and in pain with no resolution. I think everybody likes a happy ending. The stories have pain with no reconciliation is too much of a downer. Great story. How could anyone give you less than a five?

Sandman_truckSandman_truckalmost 7 years ago
Pain and sorrow

This is the second time I have read this story and it's still a tear-jerker right to the end .Excellent writing and I wonder if the author shed a few tears when writing it and proof reading .

Horseman68Horseman68almost 7 years ago
Superb, Again.

Oshaw, this story may be the most intimate and introspective of your writings that I have read so far. So absorbing in its depth of personal perspective. I am pacing myself through your stories and dread my completion. Was so glad to see your new work posted here. Thank you, again.

firemanlitfiremanlitalmost 7 years ago

Thank you for a very good story. Now I need to blow my nose and wipe my eyes.

Mordant96Mordant96almost 7 years ago
The best of your wonderful stories

This is a tear-jerker without being maudlin. You masterfully articulated the difficult description of the reconciliation end. A lesser story teller might have made it unbelievable. Having your characters not actually committing adultery made that easier. Very Well Done!!

Danger09Danger09almost 7 years ago
I still cry

It doesn't matter how many times I've read this story..it still makes me cry. I'm happy..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Grieving too

This the story I have ever read and I cried four time .I have lost my sonTodd and my wife . Thank you FF5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Thank you for your wonderful story!

Earlier this am I read your story Interest. Enjoyed it immensely. So want looking for your site and just finished your Grief story. Very well done, I can't wait to read the rest of your stories.

cockcriticcockcriticalmost 7 years ago

Thank you for a most beautiful story, held me gripped from the start to the end, not many Literotica stories have held my attention to such an extent.

I didn't guess the ending about half way through, I feel that the writer probably has had some sort of similar experience.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Fucker

You made me cry. Please keep up the good work.

Damn....!

YouamiYouamiover 6 years ago
A Beautiful tale on many levels

Oshaw

Thank you for this wonderful contribution. I must admit to going through quite a few tissues while reading your work. It was able to produce powerful emotions in your readers and that elevated your tale from those others that appear in this category. I hope to read more of your contributions. Must remember the Kleenex!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Damn that was evocative

Reading on a phone and my wet eyes make the tiny text even harder to read.

On a porn site no less.

Well done

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
NFW!

I'd of filed for divorce as-soon-as I could after the funeral services were over with. Her lack of trust, love, cheating and the belief that I could get the law suite over turned would be all reasons why I would file.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
WOW!

One of the absolute BEST stories on the entire site! It could have been a real downer, OSHAW did a superlative job of balancing emotions surrounding the emotional turmoil surrounding the impact that the stress of losing an only child can have on a marriage.

Kudos OSHAW!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
WOW

All I can say is WOW you need to write more than on a porn site. Never had a story hit me like this

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Tears

5 stars right here what resolve and dedication

Dream_WalkerDream_Walkerover 6 years ago
Beautifully sadly brilliant

Not ashamed to admit that i cried at this is sadly beautiful and pulled me in just as your others have done ,welldone 5 stars

TalonsreachTalonsreachover 6 years ago
Time to go for a walk.

The emotional upheaval throughout this story was heart wrenching to say the least. I found myself emotionally involved and hoping Oshaw would find a way for two hurting soulmates to renew their love and faith with each other by the end. Like any roller coaster ride, the last climb followed by the last almost free fall and then coasting to rest while wondering if your legs will work when you finally climb out of the ride. OMG.

Yep. Time to find the dogs and my wife and go for a walk and tell her how much I love her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I cried...

Thank you...I think

bworth1943bworth1943over 6 years ago
fantasy guy

To real for me . Wonderful story of the heartache of loosing a child and what it does to a marriage. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wonderful..

Love, despair, grief and more emotions all in one story.

Thoroughly enjoyed it and even though i am an older guy, i cried like a baby..

Thanks a lot !!

sexydad50sexydad50over 6 years ago
WOW!

Sad, well written....JUST WOW!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

This is a real life scenario that is played out f2ffsomewhere in this country every day that unfortunately does not turn out with this ideal ending do to human emotions, pride and ego.

peter944peter944over 6 years ago
Wow

Great story, so many of us go similar hints in our lives without noticing those beside us and we miss those simple feeling by getting list in the day to day. Thank you for the 2x4 reminder of not taking things for granted.

XacksonXacksonover 6 years ago
No im not crying...

I just got feelings in my eye.

I came here to feel things that aren't feelings Dammit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
GREAT STORY

GREAT STORY. CRIED LIKE A BABY, OR MAN. I'M IRISH AND SLAVIC AND A VIETNAM COMBAT VET. I CAN CRY IF I WANT. (GREAT NAME FOR A SONG?)

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Greiving together

Probably the best story by this or any author...Well done !!! Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Still The Best Story On This Site

No contest. Gonna go hug my girl now.

TurbFirestoneTurbFirestoneover 6 years ago

I really hope that an independent filmmaker's reading this and is thinking about asking the writer's permission to make a movie out of it. Because it has every aspect of becoming an award winning movie if done rightly so.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 6 years ago
Well

Sometimes beauty is so powerful it transcends death and alters life forever.

You touched it here oshaw.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Truth - Love - Thank You !!

Wow, unexpected but just what I needed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wow! What a great story! 5-Stars!!!!

It stared off with the very sad illness of Rachel. I kept on thinking ... For Fucks sake get on with it!" But when the surprise came and they found each other again I was rooting for their marriage to work. I am reading this story on a Christmas day 2017 and thank you for sharing! Loved it Stukkend! like we say in South Africa. It means a hell of a lot!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Cough...

Glad I'm typing, not speaking, for my comment. Too choked up to talk.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Omg! That's all I can say right now

This story is so raw, so evoking.. One of the very best I've read - it might as well have been a beautiful movie I was watching as I felt the range of strong emotions.. Drifting from love to passion to pain to awe to joy.. great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
One of the Best Stories on Literotica

Well Done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wow

What an incredible read. Thank you for writing such a great story.

beamer142beamer142over 6 years ago
Great Story

It is hard to write whilst trying to stem the flow of tears that came while reading this story, Thank you very good read.

Beamer 142

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Fourth Reading

I just read this for the fourth time. The first time was on the first day it was published. My reaction was same as the first time I read it...I cried like a baby. The story is that real and that good. What more can I say.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

So well written not what I was expecting from this but a fantastic story .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
A memorable story 5*

Only two criticisms:

1. I found it difficult that he took equal if not more blame. He was rug sweeping her emotional betrayal of him which happened long before he strayed. This never works in infidelity.

2. Why on earth did they not take her to a snowy region at Christmas, quite astounding and reflecting their selfish thinking throughout their daughter's illness.

Otherwise superbly written tale of tragedy, great sadness and emotional cheating with a happy ending if that is possible in the circumstances.

anonymousinblueanonymousinblueabout 6 years ago
Good except for the last drop

The story pulled the right strings, I have to admit. The one where uh...whoever...drew a picture showing her position after her upcoming death was a good device. I mean it can probably be reduced to an academic exercise, but as it is and where it's used, it's special.

One thing that worries me is that the female child was emasculated. It doesn't follow. Emaciated would make sense, however.

The story goes into good detail while spanning long periods of time. The detail was closely tied with moving the plot along. If it's not done right, the end result is terribly boring, and the story avoided that. Of course, the more compelling the plot, the more you can get away with. The editor(s) did a job worthy of praise for their discretion.

OK, I know pain can allow extreme changes to occur, and the pain can be emotional or physical, and can get people's asses out of their heads so fast they'll get whiplash. The scene that sparked the reconciliation, whether aware of it or not, is believable, for reasons. Any number of outcomes could come from that. But they dropped the people they were loving too fast. It is more thermodynamically favorable to continue with their new loves if the divorce is friendly than to battle the baggage of resentment in my opinion. It was already in motion. And apart from that, they led two people on for years!

etchiboyetchiboyabout 6 years ago
I was ok until Rachel’s drawing of the family and angel.

Damnit. Then The waterworks.

Obviously 5-stars... 6 if I could.

Cookie7991Cookie7991about 6 years ago
You did it again.

Alphabetically, this is your best story yet. Thanks from an old grandfather.

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherabout 6 years ago
OUCH

This is the first time I have ever cried reading a Literotica story.

There is something odd about a 54-year-old 6'7" 260lb still chiseled man crying at his computer at 8:30 am on a Saturday morning. I think I will go wake up my Grandkids and hug them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
So sweet!

Thank you for a very emotional moment while reading your wonderful story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
The very best stories,,,,

Are those you can read 3 to 5 times, and each time you get a very strong emotional reaction. And this one makes me sad,,,,,in spite of the quasi- happy ending

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Wow!

Great love story! 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Came here for a fap, left with tears and a full heart.

Sad but close to the heart.

TeeGeeCeeTeeGeeCeeabout 6 years ago
WOW

Tears, tears and chuckles; thank you for a wonderful read, one that I will return to!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Wonderful

A heart-rending and heart warming story of love, anger, despair, death and rebirth.

Quite wonderful.

LA

mmbny47mmbny47almost 6 years ago
I know that pain!

We lost a young son. He lived 58 days. His mother only got to hold him once. I got to hold him after they removed all the tubes and wires. I sang softly to him as he took his last breath, That was 18 years ago. My heart was breaking then. My heart is breaking now as I type this.

It was a good well written story. I'm sorry I could not finish it. I am crying too much to read any more.

In loving memory of Thomas Stanley Dvorak

George J Dvorak II

StormKing33StormKing33almost 6 years ago
5+ Best Story in Lit

I would have rated this higher if I could.

I know the pain of losing people I loved.

This story is more of a reconciliation despite tragedy.

That which and who seek to destroy us can only make them stronger.

FreeJohnFreeJohnalmost 6 years ago
Wow

Please continue to honor us with these incredible stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Emotional

Man. I never thought I would read such an emotional story on this site. It was wonderul and any score given to it would be just not enough.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Beautiful story

Thank you so much for such a sweet emotional story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Tol sad for words!

Brilliantly written and very emotional but I do not think it belongs on Literotica! Did not like it at all! I keep on hoping that SOMETHING good was about to happen only to end at the gravesite! No! NO! No!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
10 stars

Very well written.

Engaging and emotional story.

one of, if not the best ive read on this site.

a shame the stars only go to 5.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Hmm

This story is emotionally drained me.

But honestly if i were Ray, i wouldn't put up with her disrespect n bringing another man to my house a talk down about me. I would have just let Marilyn cried herself out on funiral day. N next day would just announced n serve he divorce paper. Seriously, I wouldn't have believe her if she said she hadn't fuck John. Would be on my way starting a New life without her.

fisheronefisheronealmost 6 years ago
Trials

Until you have walked a mile in the parents shoes dont judge. It is an awful trial, I have walked some hard trials with one of my children health wise amd can relate. I am glad she found the drawing and it came to pass😀 about the brother amd sister that fortold there arrival.

zonozzonozalmost 6 years ago
Anonymous 6/22/18

Our daughter was diagnosed with a brain tumor when she was 5. Her first surgery was 12 hours and now, 15 years and 36 surgeries later she is still with us albeit with several major health issues. Unless you have a child with life threatening/changing medical issues you can't possibly understand the feelings, anger, joy, sacrifices, pain, empathy, guilt, sympathy, fear, exhaustion, and everything else that goes along with that emotional journey. Depending upon where you look, divorce rates of couples with a child with severe medical issues range from 24-90%, with most estimates being in the 70-90% range. It takes a lot of work to take care of a sick child; multiple weekly doctor visits, frequent hospitalizations, oftentimes massive amounts of medications which with today's insurance nightmare is a full time job keeping track of, physical therapy, physological therapy, insurance forms and payments, and keeping all of your child's conditions/past treatments/ history current and available for regurgitation at every doctor visit. THEN you can start thinking about your other kids, and THEN, each other!

I can't say I haven't thought about what it would be like to walk out of this situation and start over sometimes when I meet a woman that attracts me. But the thought of leaving my daughter and my wife, whom I dearly love even though we've had more than our fair share of trials, leaves me with a guilty and terrified feeling and knowing the pressures we are both under, even though we talk openly and constantly; I would be very hesitant to kick her to the curb for doing what the wife in this story did, which was merely vent to a friend when her husband would no longer listen.

There's a lot of truth in the old adage about "walking a mile in one's shoes" because it gets you, as the great Paul Harvey always said, "the rest of the story".

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
A Beautiful Story

It was a very emotional story. I got so involved that I had tears running down my cheeks. Well written. I have two healthy children and I can understand the number one priority is to concentrate on the sick child, This puts extreme stress on the marriage, individual feelings, job distraction, etc. Well done with the story......

flarebel2327flarebel2327almost 6 years ago
lost children

having lost 3 before they had a chance to live . they were between 3 months of being born . has to be worst after 5,6 or 7 yrs old then losing them . lost a niece at 5 &1/2 yrs old to brain cancer

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 6 years ago
@zonoz Re: "Anonymous 6/22/18"

It's been a while since I read this, so I won't say that you're wrong, but I don't remember him "no longer listening," and she wasn't "merely venting," but was dangerously close to AT LEAST an emotional affair.

26thNC26thNCalmost 6 years ago
Difficult

This is hard to read. A very emotional, moving story. I , fortunately, have not had the experience of a sick child. But as an ER nurse, I interact almost daily with people in this situation and one cannot avoid being emotionally invested in their grief. My first time with this story, but I will read it again. Most likely more than once.

CaOldDogCaOldDogalmost 6 years ago
Incredible Story

That was some emotional story with heart felt love and a massive amount of pain for the parents. This a complete great story - thanks for sharing.

WoodsLord_3540WoodsLord_3540almost 6 years ago
I repeat what was said by the first poster...

Wow!

I have said this to only one other author (Althea Rose) on this site: What you write is not story telling. You are producing literature.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Five

I do not give fives!

shellyclaireastershellyclaireasterover 5 years ago
Touchingly different.

This is not the kind of story I would have ever expected to find here, but I'm so happy to have discovered it. You really can pull at the heart strings.

The NavigatorThe Navigatorover 5 years ago
Wow!

Almost 400 comments! That must be a record for this category. And no wonder. It is a magnificent story, presented professionally.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Worth the time.

I don't normally take the time to comment on stories, but i had to this time. My daughter-in-law is a childhood cancer survivor. Leukemia. I cried thinking i wouldn't have known her nor play with my grandson, if she had died. Later that day I was thinking again about losing her like in your story, and I realized I felt that way because your characters were so real and their emotions spot on. Thanks for a great emotional rollercoaster of a story. Worth the five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Classic

Best story I've read here. Truly touches the emotions of dealing with a sick loved one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Bought to tears

Fabulous writing of a great story. Don’t like admitting that you bought me to tears as I read this piece of work!

The NavigatorThe Navigatorover 5 years ago
More tears

On 9/15/18 I left a message of praise here. On 9/20/18 my wife of 66 years died of leukemia. She was 92. I wish the tears helped, but they don't seem to.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wow

Is someone cutting onions here? Or did my room suddenly become filled with dust? Someone, pass me a tissue!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

This is the most gripping and emotionally draining story I've ever read here. You have written a classic.

TheKrrakTheKrrakover 5 years ago
Wow

I came here because of a tale by Randi, I am ever grateful to her for pointing out this masterpiece of emotions.

You have taken us on a rollercoaster ride of love, grief, woe and recovery. Thank you for this tale that can only have a max rating of 5/5 even though it deserves much more.

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 5 years ago
A Lucky Pair!?

There are so many stories of couples who split up because of the loss of a child that this story stands out as remarkable. It's easy for me to say that when this all first started and the cancer was diagnosed Ray and Marilyn should have anticipated the extraordinary trauma that would come to them and prepare by making a vow of communication. The only way to weather this storm is by working together, not just by tending to their daughter, but by tending to themselves as well. Only by making the extra effort could they avoid the separation that is almost inevitable. For someone who has not really experienced this horror I can intellectualize this sequence of events, but I know it can't be easy. Their doctor or a parent or a friend should have warned them, but everyone gets locked into their own heads and their own needs. Ray and Marilyn's reconnection is somewhat miraculous, but I'd like to believe, not improbable. The whole package was very well done and deserves all the 5* ratings it received.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wonderful!!!!

I wish it were longer so I could feel the emotions of the story and the characters for a longer time. Truly moving and excellently written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

I hate to be redundant, but WOW! What a story. This author, “oshaw”, is a master at weaving tales, and this one is a masterpiece. Thank you, oshaw.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Heart break

Sad but BEAUTIFUL. Great writer.

gmann57gmann57over 5 years ago

what an emotional roller coaster, cancer is the worst thing that can happen to a family, Knowing that drug companies have a cure and wont release it, because lets face it. There is no money in healthy people. Drug companies own the politicians which is why I cant stand politicians or lawyers, Most politicians are lawyers and what do you call 1000 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean? A good start 5 Stars on a very well written story

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Different

I have a different opinion to the other comments.Sick daughter or not ,once he learnt about John he should have divorced .her

WordcraftWordcraftabout 5 years ago
SADLY THIS IS REAL LIFE

Too many times a family is destroyed by the loss of a child, either by cancer or an accident. No parent should outlive a child. I love the story because two people held onto their first love for each other and survived. Five stars!

P.S. Contributions to St. Jude's Children's hospital is a good investment that can make a difference in saving kids like Rachel.

TeeGeeCeeTeeGeeCeeabout 5 years ago
Another Five

stars would be nice. Just re-reread this wonderful example of a true wordsmiths art. You brought me to tears again Oshaw - well done!

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Read again

You need to read something beautiful again after reading through.most of the stuff posted here. This is absolutely one of the best.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

You make an old person sorrowful. Slap hapy papy #9

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Trite

Pure crap, I know it happens all the time, just makes me frustrated. The women was just manipulating both guys. John the cheater, deserved to get shit on, but the husband just took it, and forgave her, why. Cause she spread her legs, guess thats good enough. After all the drama with the little girl i just don't buy it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Trite by Anon

Mate you need help......how about you try writing a bit of fiction, see how easy it is!!

OSHAW, awesome story, tears smiles and a bit of sex thrown in, Very few times do I give 5* but you got them from me.

In circumstances such as this story, emotional cheating is not cheating in my book.

God forbid how I would go thru anything like this

JJ

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
It’s sentimental

But God it’s wonderful.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
An awesome story

This is one of the greatest, and most realistic stories written. A most excellent job!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Painful Memories

Been through the exact very same thing in the story except for the ending a few years ago. Lost my daughter to cancer too, just a different type. Your story had me in tears several times so I couldn't read it all at one time, you captured the agony perfectly. If you didn't experience this yourself I'm glad, if you did you have my sympathy. Ignore the doubters on this one, they just can't understand. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Your to good

Your to good to be writing on this web site. Take your talents to a publisher. You ever head of Sandra Brown? She is a world renowned writer who writes similar stories. You are as good if not better. Don't sell yourself short.

123456...8
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous