Guilty Until Proven Innocent

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Erin was still crying, and trying to tell me she was sorry. She now realizes she was wrong.

Mr. Jones went on, "I needed proof, so I kept close surveillance on Mr. Stanley. Once they accomplish their conquest, they will usually brag about it. I captured this video while he was at a bar with a friend of his."

The video was very clear, and the audio picked up all their conversation. Bob Stanley told his friend everything. How he had planted the card, then pretended to come to the rescue when Erin was feeling betrayed. He took her out for a drink. She drank enough to bring him home with her, where he convinced her to get her revenge fuck. It was Erin's idea to tape it and send it to Rick.

He laughed, and told his friend how easy it was to turn her into a whore. He made Erin look like a two bit slut that was just another notch on his dick.

Jenny and James came over crying, hugged me, and apologized to me. They left the room without even looking at Erin. They couldn't take anymore.

Erin said, "Rick, I am so very sorry. I should have talked to you and let you explain. I don't want a divorce. Please baby, let's go home and forget this ever happened."

"Erin I'm sorry, but it's not that easy. You have hurt me pretty bad here. As it turns out, your the only one who has cheated."

My attorney spoke up. "Judge, we have a counter petition for divorce ready to serve. It's obvious that Mrs. Lyon's petition has no merit. Our petition charges Erin Lyons with adultery. We have video proof, and her email confession.

Erin was almost hysterical now. I was starting to get worried she might have a complete breakdown right here.

The Judge said, "Mr. Lyons, before you decide what you are going to do, I would like to make a suggestion."

I nodded for him to go ahead.

Erin stopped crying to listen to his suggestion. I think she felt a small ray of hope.

This is a pretty bizarre turn of events here. You are obviously innocent of the accusations your wife made, but she sincerely believed what she saw.

I agree she should have talked with you first. Apparently, her temper got the best of her. I somehow feel this marriage can be saved, and it's going to be up to you.

I suggest you hold off filing your divorce petition for three days. I want you to reflect on everything. Your family, your relationship with your wife, and the fact of if you still love her, and want to get through this. If so, then you two need to sit and talk it out, or get professional counseling. No one will be allowed to contact you in those those three days. It will all be in your hands. Can you agree to this proposal Mr. Lyons?"

I thought for a minute, then looked at Erin. She had tears in her eyes, and the look on her face melted me. I knew she was sorry, and was hurting really bad. Then, she gave me a little smile.

I told the Judge I would agree to his proposal. I would either call Erin after three days to talk, or I would file for divorce. I also stated that even if I decided to talk, I still might decide to file for divorce.

I left the room without saying anything to Erin. She kept her distance, knowing she was on thin ice.

I took some time off, and spent the next three days at a secluded cabin on this lake I like to fish at. While I was there, Jenny emailed me all these old pictures of Erin and I in happier times. There were also lots of pictures of us with Jenny and James. Jenny was good. She brought back a lot of wonderful memories.

On the afternoon of the third day, I decided it was time to go. I had made my decision.

On my way home I dialed Erin's cell phone. She picked up right away.

"Hi Rick. How are you doing?"

"Hi Erin, I'm doing as well as expected under the circumstances."

"I hope your doing better than me. It has been the longest three days of my life. Have you made a decision?"

"Yes I have, and I was wondering if I could come home, and we could talk."

"Oh yes baby, yes. Please hurry. I will fix supper. I will make your favorite."

"That would be nice honey, I will be there in a couple of hours."

In a little bit I received a call from Jenny. She was extremely happy I was coming home to talk to Erin. She said that she and James wanted to eat supper with us. They had some things to say, then they would leave us alone. I told her I would love to have them both there for supper.

I walked in the house to smell of of chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, cornbread, and all the fixings. It was my favorite, and Erin made it better than anyone.

Jenny and James were already there. They both gave me a big hug. Erin said hello, but I wasn't ready to hug yet, and she knew it.

We had supper making small talk. We mostly talked to Jenny and James about their new jobs, boyfriends, girlfriends, and various things.

After supper we all retreated to the living room where Jenny said she had something to say.

"Mom? Dad? I am speaking for James and myself. We just want you to know how much we love you both. You are the reason we are what we are today. You gave us everything we needed to be successful, but always made sure we knew it was up to us. We could not have asked for better parents, and we do hope that the difficulties your facing now can be overcome."

Jenny started to tear up a little, and stopped to compose herself.

"You always told us that if we are ever faced with a difficult time in our life, that we should invite God into our heart, and let him show us the way. That is what James and I are asking you to do now. Look into your hearts, and ask God what to do. You know you still love each other, so maybe God can find a way to heal the hurt, and bring you two back together."

She started crying, then James followed suit. They left with big hugs from both Erin and I, and wished us well. It was a very emotional scene.

After they left, Erin and I walked back into the living room. I asked her to sit by me on the couch.

Erin finally broke down crying, saying how sorry she was, and what a huge mistake she had made. I let her cry, then told her I had a question to ask.

"After you made that video, were you ever with Bob Stanley again?"

"Absolutely not Rick. I was drunk, and very angry when we made that video. I also know now that he took advantage of me. He did call, but I told him I never wanted to see him again. After I sent that video, I felt so guilty, and so bad about what I did. No matter what, you didn't deserve that, especially the things I said. I did not mean any of it. Rick, you are a wonderful lover. I have always been completely satisfied with you. Bob was terrible. It was just a fuck, and a bad one at that."

Erin and I talked for about four hours on the couch. We finally realized it was well after midnight. We had made a lot of progress, but I knew I still had issues to resolve.

Then Erin said, "Rick, I want you to stay here tonight. In fact, I want you to move back home. I promise I will make this up to you if you just give me a chance. I will spend everyday for the rest of my life showing you how much I love you."

"Yes honey, I will spend the night, and tomorrow I will go get my stuff.

"One more thing Rick. Please sleep in our bed with me tonight? You don't even have to touch me, just be there beside me?"

"Yes, I think I need you close to me, but you will have to give me some time before we can get to anything more intimate."

After we got in bed, we laid there looking at each other. Erin was quietly crying. Finally, I pulled her close to me in an embrace. We laid in each other's arms the rest of the night.

Over the next two weeks we talked every night. There was no TV, or any distractions. It was just Erin and I pouring our hearts out to each other.

Five days after I moved in, we made love. No, it wasn't rip roaring sex, but it was nice, and we both came together.

Right after our orgasm, Erin opened the flood gates and cried pretty hard. The guilt, and fear of losing me finally got the best of her. I just held her as she cried. Nothing needed be said. I actually think it may have brought a little closure.

I think back to what Jenny said. Erin and I did ask for God's help that night, and he answered our prayers. We are good now, and the pain is gone. I was close to filing those divorce papers, but something happened that third day at the lake.

I was fishing in my favorite spot that morning. There is this monster trout I knew about, and had been trying to catch for years. My luck changed that morning, and I landed old Big Boy. He was a trophy if there ever was one. As I was taking him off the hook, and old man walked up behind me.

"Looks like you caught old Big Boy. People have been trying to land him for a long time. Looks like he finally met his match with you. What are you going to do with him?"

"Well, I don't know. I guess I could have him mounted, and put on my wall." I said.

"You know son, there are some things in life that you are destined to keep, and some things you are destined to throw back. It's your decision." He said.

I looked down at old Big Boy as he stared up at me. I thought a minute, smiled and placed him back in the water.

"You are right old man, and now that I have thrown back what needed to be thrown back, I need to get home and take back something that I need to keep."

Epilogue:

I received my bonus from the deal I had made with Susan Lyons. It was for

$123,000. I was also promoted to upper management, which meant a big raise, and a lot less traveling. Erin quit her job and retired. I had a talk with the dentist that opened the office where Erin and Bob worked. I explained the situation, and Bob was fired. She made sure he would never work as a hygienist again in this town. He soon disappeared. I really don't care what happened to him.

Jenny and James both got married, and we are just waiting on the grandkids. Erin truly has spent everyday showing me how much she loves me. In fact, she us wearing me out, not that I'm complaining.

I never knew who that old man was at the lake, and have never seen him again. I owe him a debt of gratitude, and I owe my kids for giving me a very important piece of advice. If anything, all this may have strengthened our love and commitment to each other, and brought our family closer together. Oh, Erin still has that hot little Irish temper from time to time, but it's under control, and can be quite cute. I love her with all my heart.

12