Haunted Love

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He groaned into her ear and she pushed against his hand, forcing the fingers deeper and faster. Anna grabbed his hand and drove it farther as her hips rose in time to meet his palm.

He kissed her shoulder and snuggled his head into the bend of her neck. His voice came in whispered words from another language, beautiful and delicate. When she caught the words "Je t'aime," she knew it was French. He'd spoken it before, long ago, and she'd loved him for it.

Darrin's thumb stroked her clit in circles that matched the rhythm of his fingers sliding in and out of her. Her body stiffened, then shook in a robust orgasm that made her bury her head in the pillow to quiet the sound of her moans.

He planted another kiss on her shoulder and held her until she calmed. "I'm going down for breakfast. Will you join me?"

"Let me shower first."

"Alright. I'll see you there." He slipped from the covers and back into the clothing he'd worn the night before.

She stretched out on the bed, watching the sight of his skin disappearing under the cloth. "Darrin! We're not touching."

He glanced back. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine."

Darrin shrugged. "I guess Grandma's happy then."

She shook her head. "This is the strangest trip I've ever had."

He laughed and leaned over to kiss her forehead. "I should hope so."

vvv

"Good morning." Anna smiled up from her seat at the breakfast table.

"Morning, Miss Anna. How did you sleep?" Bethamie smiled down at her, holding a basket of fresh biscuits.

"Great."

Bethamie smiled and nodded, then went to the kitchen. Darrin laughed and leaned back in his chair. "When do you plan to leave? You're only booked through today."

"Well, that was the plan." Anna nibbled on a slice of orange and watched him trying to digest the information. "I haven't decided for sure, though."

"Stay again tonight. As my guest."

"I need to get back and finish my work."

He arched a brow up at her. "And what about our little discovery?"

He had a point. Damn him. "Alright. One more night, and then I have to go."

vvv

"It's beautiful out here." Anna moved along the riverbank, with Darrin's hand wrapped tightly around hers. "I can't imagine growing up in a place like this."

"What about growing old?"

She stopped and looked at him, searching his face for some trace of a joke.

"Marry me, Anna."

"Are you serious?"

He smiled and nodded, then raised her hand to his mouth, where he planted a soft kiss on top. "Be my wife."

"You've lost your mind. We don't even know each other."

"Of course we do. You married me before. Remember what that felt like?" His hand slipped to her hip and around her back.

Flashes of other moonlit walks and stolen kisses breezed through her mind. She had been in love with him, deeply in love. She'd promised to love him forever, even after death, but this was madness. Wasn't it?

"I know you feel it, Anna. I do, too. We were a perfect match, just like now." His mouth landed on her neck, just as the last word faded, and kisses trailed up toward her earlobe.

"I do, but it can't be real."

"Yes it can," he whispered. "All sorts of people remember past lives. Whole civilizations believe in it. Why not us?"

He was starting to make sense, but it could have been the kisses and the way his teeth nibbled at her flesh.

Darrin's hands held her face so that she had to stare into those beautiful eyes. He smiled at her. "I love you, Anna."

She opened her mouth to argue their differences, but he covered it with his lips. The kiss was soft and slow. Her spine tingled with a delicious warmth that made her knees quake. When he pulled away, she struggled to breathe and blinked her eyes open.

He held her still. "I know everything about you, your fears, and your hopes. I know that you love it when I kiss the back of your neck and tops of your toes. I even remember how beautiful you where when you carried our first child."

She wanted to believe. There was something in his face that said he knew something she didn't, and that he was right. They should be together, but it was crazy. They couldn't be. It was insane. "I have a life in Atlanta. I can't just walk away."

"Finish it. I'll wait. I've been waiting for you longer than you can imagine." He kissed her again. "Come. We'll get the proof you need tonight and you can finish your story."

vvv

"Just make sure the camera is pointing at me while I get readings in this room." Anna sat the video camera on the dresser, then swept the room with a tool resembling a microphone. When she neared her own bed, the signal sped. "I'm getting small electrical changes in this area."

Darrin laughed. "Figures."

She quirked a brow at him, then began calling out the numbers for record on the video. "I wish I'd get more."

"Let me try something." He moved further into the room, but not too far, so that he didn't block the camera. "Grandmother, Anna would like to see you. She is a friend, and she needs your help. Just appear for a few moments and we'll leave you in peace."

On cue, a ghostly fog swirled from under the bed and pooled on the quilt. It rose and twisted until it formed an almost solid figure.

"Oh my god. Is that--?" Anna ignored the meter in her hand as it bellowed out its recognition of the spirit in the room.

"Yep."

Darrin smiled as the form took a more defined shape. It was a woman in a dark, early nineteenth century dress. Her hair hid under what resembled a doily that sat on top of her head. As the face became a solid, smoky shape, the lips parted into a smile. "Hello, Miss Anna."

Anna stood there, her hands shaking so that she almost dropped the meter. She clicked it off and laid it on the dresser.

"Anna?" He nodded toward the woman.

"Oh. Uh. Hello, Mrs. Hamilton."

"This is a strange young lady you've chosen, Darrin."

He smiled. "I know."

"Well, Miss Anna, do you intend to stay here at Renbrook?"

Anna recognized the name of the house from the brochures. It was much nicer than the newer moniker of Haunted Hollows. "I'm not sure."

"I hope you do. The family approves of you. Young Darrin has made a very strong case in your favor. We expect this to be your new home."

"I would like that." She glanced at Darrin, who smiled at her hopefully. "But first, I need to honor my commitments in Atlanta."

The old woman nodded. "Very well. I look forward to seeing you back very soon." She stood, dusting herself off as if it were a long established habit. "I will leave you two alone." Her wispy hand moved toward Darrin's face, but stopped just short of touching him. "Please try to be a gentleman tonight."

Heat rose to his cheeks and he nodded. "Yes, ma'am."

The form swirled back to its smoky form and slipped out into the hallway. Anna collapsed against a dresser. "Oh. I can't--I can't believe--Did you see that?"

"Yes." Darrin moved to help her toward the bed.

"No. I am not sleeping in this bed."

He laughed. "She's gone."

"I don't care. I'm not sleeping here."

"Very well. Across the hall?"

"If you'll stay with me."

"Of course." He grabbed the meter and offered his arm to her. "But, I promise that she won't be back tonight."

Chapter 4

"Darrin, that tickles." Anna tried to jerk her foot back, but he held it firmly in his hands.

"Just trust me." He kissed the tops of her toes, gently at first, then with firm, wet lips. When his tongue flicked across one, she gasped. He was right; she loved it.

"Okay, you're right." She shuddered when he sucked on the next one and let it pop out again. "You win."

His mouth opened and one toe slipped in slowly, feeling the warmth of his tongue, before he pulled back and let it slide out again. Darrin kissed his way up her leg, then up the inside of her thigh. His tongue made small swirls that left her skin cooling and wet. He grabbed her thighs and pulled them wide, then looped one arm around to pull the lilac lace of her panties to one side.

Anna sighed and closed her eyes. His breath blew across her skin, warming it further. She ached. Her pulse beat in her clit so hard that she wanted to shove his head down on her. She twisted her hands in the sheets instead.

His tongue pushed a slow path from the top, down her clit and dipped inside. Then, he made the unhurried path back up to swirl around her clit in a moist rub. She shuddered against him and felt his groan vibrate her flesh.

He sucked slowly, alternating with soft bites that made her legs tremble. Then, when he slipped a finger inside her, she arched her back and took a deep breath. He crooked one finger up and manipulated that spot that brought her in hard thrusts against his mouth.

She melted onto the bed and felt him climbing her. Her eyes opened and she smiled at him. When his mouth met hers, she could taste herself in him. She followed his mouth as he moved back, and then ran her tongue over his lip to take off one more taste.

"You liked that?"

Anna laughed. "Of course."

"Good. That is our plan for the rest of the night." He didn't wait for a kiss and pushed his way back down the line of her chest.

She giggled when his fingers started to slide her panties down. "You're going to kill me, but at least I'll die a happy woman."

vvv

"It'll be sent overnight to Atlanta. Right?"

"Yes ma'am. On the company account."

"Thank you."

Anna moved toward the door, dialing the number to Haunted Hollows. She'd hated leaving poor Darrin spent on the bed this morning, but he'd understand. After all, her decision to stay didn't mean he wouldn't have to make some concessions. Her entire life couldn't be on hold because they had a special connection.

The phone rang twice before Miss Bethamie answered. "Haunted Hollows."

"Hi, this is Anna Jefferies. Could I speak to Darrin please?"

There was silence on the other end. She waited the few moments it took to unlock her car door and slipped inside.

"What did you say, Miss Anna?"

"I'd like to speak to Darrin."

Silence again. Seated, Anna looked at the phone. The minute counter was still going. "Hello?"

"Miss Anna, Darrin isn't here." The woman gave a nervous laugh. "He's been gone for a long time."

"Where did he go? I left him in bed this morning."

"Oh dear." Bethamie sat silent for a moment. "Anna, Mister Darrin's been dead for over a hundred years. He's the ghost of Haunted Hollows."

"Wait." Anna's head swam. "What about dinner. Mr. Hamilton was there."

"No, sweetie. That was Donald Hamilton, and he had a business meeting."

"But didn't you see him?"

The woman was silent on the other end again. "I'm sorry it went this far. He usually doesn't make such a commotion. He must've taken a fancy to you."

Anna cackled. "I'll talk with you later."

She clicked the phone shut and leaned her head against the steering wheel. What was she thinking? How had she missed it? Surely, this was an elaborate prank to make her give the inn higher ratings. She'd go back there and prove it, she'd show that Hamilton that she was no fool.

vvv

Had it all been imagined? Anna gathered her things and crammed them in the small bag. She sat on the edge of the bed and grabbed the shoes when she felt a warm hand stroke her shoulder.

"Why did you leave me alone this morning? I looked all over for you. Don't ever leave me like that again. Okay?"

Anna didn't look up. She knew the hand, and when Darrin's voice came, chills covered her skin.

"What's wrong, Anna?"

"Leave me alone."

"Never."

"I mean it, get away. You tricked me." Tears began to stream down her cheeks. "You—"

"Anna, I didn't mean to trick you." His hand tightened on her shoulder. "I do love you. I meant everything I said. Don't you see? We're meant to be together."

"Get away from me!"

She whipped her head around to stare at eyes brimming with hurt. Hurt that she'd put there, but it didn't matter. She couldn't continue this. People would think she was schizophrenic. Maybe she was. After all, how can you have an affair with a ghost without being a little crazy?

"Anna, I love you."

"You're a freakin' ghost."

"It's true, I don't have a body. Not the way you do, but did that matter before this morning?"

She shook her head. "I can't do this."

"I could use someone else's body. Would you have me possess someone?"

"No!"

"Then unpack your things and we'll discuss this."

"Darrin, listen to me. We can't do this. I don't want to. I have a life."

He nodded, and his shoulders sagged as his head bowed. "I understand, as much as I would like not to. Is there no place in your life for me? Even visits?"

Anna shrugged. "I suppose we could make a few exceptions. You could come visit me."

"I am bound to this property."

She couldn't deny the sudden joy that came with that revelation. "Then I'll come back to visit you."

"Often?"

"Yes."

He looked up and smiled, then planted a soft kiss on her lips. Even with the knowledge that he was little more than air and energy, his lips felt warm and solid to Anna. She closed her eyes to enjoy the feel of them, then batted them back open when he moved away.

"If you have to go, go now, but promise that you'll be back within the season."

"I will."

He stood, and bowed at the waist. "Until then."

"Goodbye, Darrin."

He smiled up at her, then disappeared instantly.

She jumped, then grabbed her bag and darted toward the stairs. Lover or not, disappearing was just plain creepy. When she came back—if she came back, they'd have to discuss his behaving like the living.

Downstairs, Anna opened the front door, not stopping to sign out, and darted outside, letting it the screen door slam shut behind her.

-The End-

12