Hearts of Warriors Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
JazCullen
JazCullen
6,496 Followers

"Oh, Liam." She threw her arms around him laughing when he picked up her and spun her around, his joy seeping into her pores. Even if his respite didn't last, just knowing he was free for a little while was enough to fill her with joy.

Mac stood in the doorway watching his mate cling to another male, another Vârcolac. Karn had told him he'd brought Liam Eriksson back with him. He'd never seen the man before but he was impressive, his physique very reminiscent of his father, Nors.

His first instinct was to rip Lily out of Liam's arms; his second was to feel down their mate bond. He was glad he went for the second option. Lily was so happy, delight, affection and joy flowing through her as she hugged Liam. A far cry from how he'd left her feeling earlier. He couldn't do anything to take that happiness away from her.

The other man's eyes suddenly focused on his and his expression changed in an instant, the laughter dying from his gaze as he slowly set Lily down on her feet. Mac frowned recognising he must have been giving off negative emotions to shut Liam down so quickly. He cursed his initial jealousy and worked to bring happier thoughts to mind.

"Forgive me, Liam," he said quietly. "I've just found Lily and I'm doing a bit of a piss poor job at this mate thing. It's making me a bit erratic at containing my emotions."

Lily whirled around to stare at him and it was only then that he realised she was dressed in the sexiest little red dress he'd ever seen. It hugged each delicious curve sensually, accenting her breasts and waist, drawing the eye down to her shapely calves and delicate ankles. His body reacted as he knew it would and he swallowed hard to contain a groan.

Liam suddenly smiled, relaxing once more. "I think you're doing just fine but if you could dial it down a little? This close it's a bit too intense, that level of...emotion."

Mac actually blushed, choking out a laugh as he walked forward to gather Lily into his arms because he just couldn't bear not touching her. If he rubbed his scent against her it was purely a male thing, something he couldn't stop and wouldn't have even if he could. She had been in another man's arms even if he was just a friend. Mac needed to remind everyone who she belonged to.

"What's Liam talking about?" she asked, forgetting she was supposed to be angry with him and wrapping her arms around his waist.

Mac pressed his erection against her stomach as he leaned down to kiss her. "That emotion," he chuckled as she flushed scarlet and shot a guilty look at her friend.

"It's not my fault," Liam protested. "I'm just the innocent bystander who's being bombarded by a newly mated couple."

"I'm Mac in case you haven't figured it out," Mac introduced himself. "We're just heading to the Armand-Hanlon compound. I know you've just left but do you want us to pass any messages on while we're there?"

Liam glanced at Karn before turning to look at Lily. "Will you make sure Elle is okay? She's not used to being on her own, Lily. It might be a bit strange for her. And reassure Mom too if you see her."

"I'll check on Elle for you. I'm sure she'll be just fine. I think you should be more concerned about whether Dad kills Mac and I." Lily laughed to make a joke out of it trying to cover her growing nerves.

"Andrei will surprise you," Liam answered quietly. "Last night the emotions where pretty intense. Elle was helping me shield but when she lost her temper, I was on my own. I tasted Andrei's emotions, Lily. Even if he says or does something that hurts you, don't give up on him. Make him talk to you."

He was so earnest in his request that she knew he understood some of the depth of her father's hidden fears, just as she was now beginning to understand too. She nodded her agreement and then slipped out of Mac's arms to hug him. "Thank you, Liam. Love you."

"Love you too, Lily," he whispered gruffly. "Make sure Elle's okay." He released her and stepped back watching as she walked back to Mac's side. The leader of the Praetorians expression was the same as the one his father wore when he looked at his mother. He was sure that Lily would be okay now that she had her mate and it made him happy.

"Ready?" Mac asked, concern in his eyes as he ran his knuckles down the side of her face, uncaring of the audience.

"As I'll ever be," she answered, plastering a brave smile on her face. She waved goodbye as he led her outside.

Once they were alone Mac halted at the bottom of the steps. "I'm sorry about earlier," he said quietly a frown on his face. "Are you still angry with me?"

Lily pursed her lips as if in deep thought and then skipped ahead and twirled around until the skirt of her dress lifted into the air. A deep growl rumbled from Mac's lips, his eyes turning liquid black with a hint of silver dancing around the irises.

"Is this dress going to have you hard and uncomfortable all day, Mackenzie?" she asked, with a little smirk on her face.

"It's going to be sheer fucking torture keeping my hands off you," he ground out, his cock pulsing hard in his jeans as she twirled around again.

"Then I'll consider that punishment enough," she laughed softly. She walked towards him swaying her hips suggestively and making his blood boil even further. "You can show me how sorry you are when we get back home."

"You are a fucking tease of the highest order," he ground out, capturing her mouth in a hot, hard kiss." Enjoy it while you can, sugar. Tonight I'll show you the true meaning of the word tease. Prepare to be outclassed."

Lily shivered in delight at his silken promise. He took her mind off the coming meeting with her father for a moment and it felt delicious to kiss his mouth and feel his hands skirt the side of her breasts before he moved away to open the Jeep door for her.

She climbed in feeling better than she had for a long time. Liam was sure everything was going to be okay with her father. Mac was promising to love her into exhaustion again. She had hope that everything would work out just right. Lily leaned back in the seat and closed her eyes, allowing Mac to take her home, trusting he would keep her safe from all harm.

To be continued...

JazCullen
JazCullen
6,496 Followers