Highever Series Ch. 01

Story Info
Dominique's curiosity about the mysterious Captain is sated.
5k words
4.7
18.9k
10

Part 2 of the 3 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 06/15/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Geneve was overwhelmed this evening to say the least. First, she was erratically introduced as a Lady to the Palace, although it was under her strict instruction that she would not be (for she wasn't, as she has refused the title, fully grasping the fact that she is a nobleman's bastard) and now, sitting across the fifteen foot long table from her beloved sister and her soon to be betrothed, The Prince of Highever to continue the awkward evening.

Stunningly handsome as he looks, Geneve finds herself much more intrigued about his curt manner. According to Dominique, Prince Kellan has a nice disposition and maintains the same courteous and polite manners as she. Although she remembers her saying that she 'terribly regrets' not having any 'attraction of the intimate kind' towards him.

This is what makes her somewhat grateful to be a semi-commoner. She would have the chance, and the choice to marry for love. Her father might have a hold on her and likewise assert that she make a 'strong allegiance' , but there is no need for that hold, especially since his legal daughter seemed to have secured the most advantageous allegiance possible. Abandoned by her mother for believing that she would have a much better life in her wealthy father's care, she vowed at an early age not to believe all these distinguished royalty mess. She did not suffer any maltreatment at the De Bourgh Estate, in fact, she was easily accepted into the family. Her stepmother, Dominique's mother, hardly said a word to her before she passed away almost two years ago but was always polite, and her father, the most passive person she knows was withdrawn not only towards her, but also to Dominique. Although her and the latter grew up to be close, she never had the feeling of an actual familial setting as everyone in the household fell prey to 'royalty dispositions.' She had the dream of having a small cottage with small farm animals, four children running about, and a husband with the kindest manner. It was a simple dream, yet she felt privileged knowing that Dominique may not dream as simply as she does.

"May I have a word with you?" Kellan asked Dominique politely.

Dominique nodded gracefully as she set her table napkin down. "Of course." she stood up and gave the guardsman that had caught her attention another glance before the Prince took her hand and led her out to the gardens with a couple of novice guards behind them. She had never felt so bold as to give anyone so much as a courteous nod if they hadn't addressed her first, but the guardsman! For some reason she could not resist, she was extremely curious about him and how he would react to her, yet they have not spoken a word to each other! It was something her usually reserved self absolutely did not understand.

"How have you been since we met last?" Asked Kellan as he beckoned her to take a seat once they reached the tea area of the Palace garden. It was nicely lit and guards stood twenty feet away from them, for assumed privacy.

"I have been well. Yourself?"

"Pressured."

"I understand. Me too."

"It was not of my knowledge that you had a sister."

"She does not like to mingle with the royal society, sir."

"But she is a Lady?"

"I assume my Aunt hasn't given you much about my family sire," she politely responded, and told the prince of Geneve's tale. "She could be a lady if she wanted to, but she has no desire for such a responsibility. Had it been her choice, she would have kept her mother's surname and not have taken the heavy weight of De Bourgh." she paused as she looked up at the stars. "I cannot blame her, although I am grateful for the privilege."

Kellan looked down at her and smiled. She hasn't changed one bit. Dominique would be the perfect Queen to rule the kingdom beside. She was beautiful, eloquent, gentle and polite.

"You know, they expect us to marry."

"I do."

"Are you ready?"

"Not quite--not at all, really. To be honest, I don't think I'll ever be." Dominique looked away as the moonlight bounced from her creamy skin and golden locks. "But it is how I assume you feel at the moment--I shall do it if duty calls."

Kellan's lips grew wider. "You know, one of the things I admire most about you is your ability to be honest and polite at the same time. No wonder your aunt thinks us a good match, we are very much alike."

"Too much alike to--"

"be attracted to each other." they both finished and laughed.

From the corner of his eye, he saw his father and the Comtess peering from the hall terrace.

"Will you be relieved if I told you--"

"That you have no intention of marrying me, but have the deepest desire to be well acquainted with my sister?" finished Dominique, quite pleased with herself, and finding herself much excited for her sister. "Not relieved, but not disappointed either."

"Is she engaged?"

Dominique shook her head. "She hasn't been introduced as much as I have, but if I were you, I will not ask her for her hand right off."

"Why is that?"

"She will refuse you. She will consider it a passive trait, and she may not know it--but I know my sister more than she knows herself. She frowns upon those who are slaves to the crown and tradition. It reminds her too much of our father."

"Is that so?"

Dominique nodded, knowing that her father married her own mother because tradition strictly favors for nobles to be married to nobles, even if Geneve's mother's family, she hears is of decent disposition.

"Would you like to be escorted back inside so you may rest? This evening's festivities must have you exhausted." he offered his arm, which she gladly took--much more eagerly than when they first met this evening.

"In the morning, I will be busy. I shall ask my best guardsman to keep you escorted about the kingdom."

Dominique's eyes suddenly lit up. She had an involuntary quick inner prayer as to who his "best guardsman" might be. "May I ask--just for the sake of knowing--"

A hearty laugh from the prince's mouth. "His name is Gustav."

"I'm sorry?"

"The man you have been overlooking me with all evening--his name is Gustav, he is a great fellow, my captain of the guard and most of all my best friend."

"It wasn't my intention to--"

A stong masculine forefinger halted her small pouty lips. "I need not know more." Kellan whispered. "Save it for the Captain."

"Accompany your future betrothed? Isn't that your duty your highness?" asked Gustav as he readied Kellan's horse.

"There has been no offer of marriage to her from either myself or my father. So that claim of duty is invalid."

"Sire, you have never asked me to accompany any lady that has come to visit before. If you did, you were always present..."

"Do you have your beast in a knot over escorting a lady? I'm sure she won't bite, Gustav."

Gustav felt his face grow slightly warmer. Kellan has chided about their manly desires before, but never towards a specific person, more so, a lady.

"Please do not think that I will ever view the lady as if--"

"Gustav, get yourself together and just take her about, will you? You've been around long enough to know that a lady should have an escort outside the castle grounds. Her sister has no desire to be outdoors at the moment, so I feel compelled to maybe stay as well...."

"You and her sister..."

"I will see you later Gustav. Lady Dominique awaits you in half an hour." he left the speechless captain with a smirk as he mounted his horse.

It was a sunny day, and Dominique was inexplicably nervous. So nervous, in fact, that her sister took a quick hold of it before she left their quarters.

"You're not acting yourself."

"What ever do you mean by that?"

"You have been smiling all morning."

"I always smile."

"To yourself? Come now sister, we are all expecting it, did he ask for your hand last evening? No need to keep it a secret!"

She stifled a grin as she secured her golden blonde hair in a casual half ponytail and left their room. She picked out her yellow sundress, and yet again, upon her Aunt the Comtess' insistence, her cleavage showed a little, just to show off how delectable her assets were. She was uncomfortable with this suggestion when she was going to be introduced to Kellan last evening but for some reason proudly walked out with it knowing that she was to meet Gustav in a few moments.

The familiar and exciting sight of the tall and dark-haired Captain greeted her as she approached the back entrance of the palace. He was dressed distinctively, bearing the Theirin family crest in the front of his suit. She gazed directly upon his eyes quite boldly, eager to have memories of how he looked so she may take it back with her when they part today. The closer she got to him, the harder her heart pounded. She let her eyes roam allover his broad shoulders, something even the heavy suit of the Captain guard cannot conceal, his long red lips, and a slight five-o-clock shadow the covered his strong jawline.

"Good day, Lady Dominique. Your rest was well I trust? My name is Gustav, and I am the Captain of the Guard for the royal family. I shall be your escort for the day as the Prince has some duties that need tending to this morning." said Gustav.

Dominique shivered upon first hearing his deep, quite husky voice, forcing her too eager smile to resign.

"Yes, I did have a good rest. Thank you for asking. How was yours?"

'Really? I thought you were an artist in conversation?' she thought quite angrily to herself as her words to Gustav physically left her mouth.

"Quite well, milady." Gustav replied, unsure of how to feel as the light blue eyes greeted him with such unfamiliar enthusiasm. "The carriage should arrive soon enough--"

"Carriage?"

"Yes, my lady is something the matter? The stable is not far from here."

Having a carriage meant the a coach would be present, and that the novice servant standing behind her would accompany them per custom.

"I had initially planned to go on horseback." she responded quickly.

Gustav eyes instinctively looked below her shoulders. The lady was wearing a simple yellow day gown under a light white shawl, and some light brown boots to go about the day.

"Madam, are you certain? If I may insist on a carriage--"

"I'm quite the rider, Captain. I don't believe one can enjoy the outdoors inside the confines of a wooden box. In Chanterburry, I could ride my own horse around, no matter my outfit, as long as I kept clear of public vision."

For the first time since seeing her, Gustav allowed himself to have a good look at the Lady. Her golden hair fell gracefully on her shoulders, her small red lips still in a slight smile and the same blue gaze still looked up at him eagerly. Gustav did feel a little weakness upon hearing the word 'captain' escape from her lips. But he shrugged off and maintained his position.

"As you wish, madam."

Other than the thrill of having her hand and waist lifted up to mount the horse, their escapade was uneventful--at least physically. Lady Dominique finally realized that she was suffering what they call in some books as 'butterflies'. Their actual conversation during the ride was kept polite and disciplined, though certain thoughts were, unbeknownst to Dominique--starting to invade the young Captain's usually controlled mind.

She showed him quite gracefully that she was adept at handling horses, even nice enough to feed each of theirs an apple from her basket and stopping instantly when she saw the lake about twenty miles from the castle so that they could replenish their thirsts. He was slowly beginning to be captured by her simple yet distinguished poise.

Silence was their company for the past 20 minutes as the horses have been rested up and she sat quietly by the shore of the lake, her now bare feet touching the rocks where water was seeping through as he stood patiently by a nearby tree, keeping a polite distance.

"Madam, would you like to start heading back now?"

"You don't mind if I try to stay in the sun for a couple of moments, do you?" she asked back politely. "I won't be long."

"Of course, my lady I shall--"

"Will you come sit with me and hold my shawl? I would not want it wet with lake water nor scented with the fruits in my basket." she quickly responded.

Gustav did not reply, but joined her ashore, he had the instinct to avoid her, but something magnetic was suddenly pulling him towards her.

He sat down about a foot away from her.

"Captain?"

Gustav looked beside him as she handed him her silk garment. She moved closer beside him, close enough that he could smell her jasmine scent. Furthermore, her upper body that the the shawl had been concealing is revealed to him, almost immodestly had she not behaved of such sophistication all morning. For someone with such bony build, she had quite a full chest. He did not catch himself staring as he gazed upon the skin that seemed to be begging to be let out of the tightened dress, creamy, smooth, delectable to the vision, he could not help but wonder how they would feel in his hands and taste in his mouth.

Finally catching himself, he stood up and headed towards his horse as his member instantly responded to the vision.

"I--seem to have forgotten that I have duties to attend to--with the Prince at the soonest moment, so pardon me madam, but we have to start heading back."

"I would like to take the horses back with you, Captain if that's alright." Dominique asked, frustrated that the Captain refused her even a look on their whole way back. They were back on Palace grounds already and he had not spoken a word to her.

"It's quite alright Madame, I can take both back quite fine after I take you in the front entrance."

"I would really like to see the stables where they stay and study how they compare to our stables at Chanterburry--"

"I'm sure they're all the same, my lady--"

"I insist, Captain." she said with a politely stern tone. How she did that, he would never know.

Gustav granted her a first look since avoiding the sight of her bosoms earlier. He still held her shawl inside his cape, and under the late afternoon sun, The Lady's chest lay softly against her, her legs spread open under her modest ankle-length dress. His member was patiently responding, with extremely dark and tempting thoughts invading his brain.

He looked away, and with a curt nod responded, "As you wish."

"These stables are a lot bigger than my estate's. Well polished and stocked as well."

Finally off the horse and with her basket, she was readily heading out of the stable only to find Gustav in almost a cold fidgety state, again not even looking at her.

"I should be escorting you back to the castle now, ma'am--I have the duty to guard the main stable today, and my shift starts soon." he lied. With the Lady in such a casual and approachable state he was all but strong. He had to be away from her as his groin was beginning to betray his discipline, he grew more thankful for the heavy suit he was dressed with to conceal it.

Dominique stood still in front of him, closer than they ever were today. In a dire and frustrated state of confusion, she uncharacteristically queried,

"I thought you said your duty was with Kellan?"

"Did I? Well, yes ma'am--to Prince Kellan's horse."

"Zevran isn't here." she knowingly responded, knowing what Kellan's horse looked like when his family came up to visit at Chanterburry.

"Well, these are all the Prince's horses, my lady, and I--"

"Well then will you explain why you refuse to even look me in the eye? If you have grown tired of being my escort today, you may be honest with me. I doubt it has something to do with your current 'duties'."

"NO! Not at all my lady..."

"I don't have to be escorted back from here, Captain. Thank you for your time."

With a small redeemed yet dissappointed pride she turned herself away from him and started heading out of the barn.

A strong bare hand gently held her elbow back, turning him towards her.

"My lady, please allow me to apologize for--" he started carefully, slowly releasing the little piece of bare flesh he was able to feel of her.

Maybe it was her proximity to the man, as her chest was suddenly touching his upon the turn and she could feel his own chest heaving--but something inside Dominique's curious and innocent mind unraveled from within her as she pulled his head down towards hers and touched his lips with her own.

Her lips were the softest he's ever kissed, moist, gentle and timidly curious. The kiss was only under ten seconds long and he found his own hands on her waist, pulling her closer.

Dominique pulled away as quickly as she was drawn near. She held on to a wooden bar, looking away from him, trying to calm her now heavily beating heart as she began to ponder her own actions. This was her FIRST KISS. Her first interaction with a man, and she initiated it! Courtesy has told her as a proper lady to accept welcome and desirable actions, not make them!

Holding her own flushed cheeks, she silently muttered

"Captain, I--"

Gustav remained silent, still mesmerized by the sweet scent that was left by the innocent kiss that just left his mouth.

"I--am quite unsure of what to say at the moment..." she continued, still looking away from him.

He stood behind her, holding his own lips in disbelief, as the mild creature breathed heavily not that far from where he was left standing. Her innocent lips left the most distinguished taste on his own, the touch of her soft fingers still left a warmth on his neck.

Without thinking twice he swiftly turned her towards him again, with such dominance that indicated his fading discipline. He hungrily captured her mouth with his own, holding her neck gently with one hand and his arm strongly grasping her body closer to his.

Dominique forgot the rules, who she was, where they were, what this is, and allowed herself to succumb to his advances. She held on to his strong shoulders as he held her. Innocent to such intimacy, she gasped when she felt his tongue part her lips--but she was more afraid that he would stop, so she closed her eyes and slightly welcomed his protruding tongue.

He teased in and out of her mouth, passionately tasting and exploring every crevice of her orifice. With the way she kissed him, he knew she was innocent, yet how she held him instinctively made him secure about his next actions.

With their lips and tongues still intact, Captain Gustav swept up her legs in a swift motion and lay her by the bed of hay at the far corner of the stable. Though he felt that she was willing to accept his advances, he was hungry for her to respond with her own.

"Put your tongue inside my mouth," he commanded between their hungry breaths as his free hand roamed her body from outside the garment. She felt his hand move up and down the side of her breast and her leg--exploring and driving her mad.

Afraid but desperately curious she complied with his order as she pushed past his teeth with her tongue. He softly moaned in response, and feeling that this pleases him, she opened her mouth the widest she could to accommodate his deepening kiss.

Gustav's groin was getting angry. He has laid with women before, but never a lady. Never someone so gentle, demure, innocent and compliant. His lips left her mouth and she silently protested with a soft whimper...

"Gustav--" she said softly.

Hearing his name in such an alluring manner drove him more to the edge. He kissed her mouth again, then made a trail from her jawline, to her neck, then to her begging bosoms. She was breathing so hard that he felt they may spill out of her dress.

He kissed the soft creamy tops, before allowing himself to completely lower the hem down to expose her soft pink nipples, erect, ready to be tasted.

12