Hiliad's Special Gift Ch. 41-42

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Where?!" I hollered, not thinking clearly.

"Yours, by the stream," she reminded me.

"Why can't you bring her back?" I asked alarmed.

"I can't explain now, Hiliad, just do it!" I couldn't even react as I watched the sheet divider being thrown to the floor. Francesca wrapped up Connee's motionless body in the bloody sheet and handed her to me. "Go. The longer you wait—"

She didn't have to finish her sentence. The meaning was very clear. I flew to the stream and gently lay Connee in the deep, dark, cold trench. "I'm sorry, baby. I'll be here when you wake up. I won't leave you." I knew she couldn't hear me, but I didn't care. I'd be true to my word.

Throwing clumps of earth on my Connee, I couldn't look at her. Even if I did her lifeless body would have been blurred through my bloody tears. It killed me to bury my love, my life. The only hope for her then was for her to heal naturally.

I couldn't fathom how I was going to be able to sit through the next three damned days, possibly longer, waiting for her to rise. But I'd fought for everything I'd ever wanted and acquired in my life, and Connee Byers was one person I was not going to let go that easily.

----------------

Third person:

"Hiliad?" Queen Francesca lightly placed her hand on Hiliad's shoulder where he'd been sitting by the freshly covered mound where Connee's body lay in the day hole. "I've brought you something to eat."

He barely glanced up but saw the feet of a human in heels standing beside Frannie's bare feet. He shook his head then looked back at the temporary, hopefully, grave of his lover, his friend, his companion.

"You will not be needed," Frannie said to the human. "You may go home." After the woman left, she sat down. "Any sign at all?" He did not reply. "I didn't think so; too early." She hesitated a moment. "The baby is doing well, Hiliad. Why don't you come in and hold him."

There was sudden movement in the center of the mound. Hiliad excitedly sat up straight and stared intently. Minutes went by. Nothing else happened. "Damned worm."

They sat in silence for several hours before Frannie stood and wiped the seat of her blue jeans. "The baby is hungry. I hear him crying. Come inside soon, Hiliad."

Again, he nodded simply for acknowledgment.