All Comments on 'Home Early'

by Joesephus

Sort by:
  • 248 Comments (Page 3)
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I didn't finish reading this. I got sick of the premise that her situation was the ex-husband's fault. She cheated, period. Nobody made her marry and stay with the douche.

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

Read it again an dit still sucks the sweat of my ballticular area.

The premise is literally one of the dumbest that I have seen in LW and thats a low bar.

Rancher46Rancher46over 2 years ago

Well I enjoyed the story, where as it is not one of my favorites it was well written.

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

3 stars.

Not my kind of story. Violence in any form is never acceptable. There are many people who suffer from a mental illness that through no fault of their own, for want of a better term, I refer to them as 'SUBS'. People who use BDSM to get themselves off, search the world over trying to find 'SUBS', so they can abuse them for their own enjoyment. Personally, I would put every one of those 'perps' in a hole in the ground - no matter who they are - without taking a second to think abut it. I have experienced too many angry relatives and friends in my life and even though I am a military veteran, I abhor any kind of violence. I have stepped between angry couples and stopped any possible violence, more times than I can count. So a story like this, just shines a light on memories I would rather keep in the dark. Although I like your stories, I'll be more careful about reading any future material that contains violence.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Not sure what the author had in mind when writing this story the beginning is confusing. Firstly, Matt appears to know that Judy is cheating on him but has some sort of romantic evening planned for them. He has a bowl f rose petals to scatter on the bed and a bottle of champagne. The author doesn't explain why. Judy arrives home earlier than Matt expected knowing she was supposed to be flying in from somewhere he had the flight details on the computer screen.

When Judy gets home Matt tries to get his hand in her panties we assume to check if she has semen in her vagina. Judy tries to fight him off and in doing so finally admits that she is having an affair. Judy's reaction to Matt comes across as she does love him and doesn't want to hurt him. Judy's whole attitude towards Matt seems that of someone in love with him.

As we get further into the story Matt's character definitely has some serious mental issues the way the author has written his thought processes is someone who is deeply emotionally disturbed. Matt pushes Judy into marriage with her lover, which is really odd behaviour.

Judy appears to be a submissive who has been dominated by her boss and seemingly forced into an affair with him. Her confusion over whether she is in love with her boss or with her husband Matt does suggest that she is torn between the dominance of both men.

At the end I didn't like the story. The author hasn't explored Judy's perspective. It doesn't make sense that Matt hadn't confronted Judy about his suspicions of her affair earlier. If you skim the story it's an ok story but if you look deeper it's not really that good there's a lot of holes that the author doesn't address.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Pretty good story, but tough to read. Of course there are no winners in a divorce and this story illustrates that very well. It did have a sort of semi-happy ending but there was a lot of pain along the way. And then you get the peanut gallery, the naysayers and the nitpickers who obviously know more about the story than the author did. It’s a wonder any author even wants to post stories here at all. But it does lead me to understand why some good writers here have shut off the “Comments” section of their stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Judy was a slut! What more can be said?

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 2 years ago

too much "moralizing" ? good thoughts though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It is these ultra feminist writers like Jodypuss who have started the hallmark trend of coming up with excuses for all the shit that females do...including blatant in ur face affairs !!

It’s always some issue with hormones...or something else...but the butch is never at fault! It’s someone else’s fault! Fuck this...

While the author may secretly love wearing panties ..most normal males do not!

Females have the same capacity to think reasonable and are as responsible fOr their actions as any man!!

Else how do we have Margaret Thatcher, Gilda Meir, Hillary,Indira Gandhi etc etc?

How do we have CEOs and CFOs as females? If u can’t trust their ability to think rationally?

So in reality the reasons that writers like Jodypus give excuses to females and want to forgive them their trespasses is only because of their own insecurities in real life OR having been raised in a female led household where females are allowed to have affairs without any blame being assigned!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Touching and thoughtful story exploring the motions that come with discovering infidelity. I especially liked the exploration of the aspects of mercy. Thank you for writing this.

other2other1other2other1about 2 years ago

This story frustred me, It felt a little to messy and all over the place, there was a good theme and the plot moved along nicely, but Judy got off way to easy in the bringing, the fact that she got a standup husband and twins when she couldn’t have kids, just felt like it flew in the face of the rest of the story.

Lastly, It almost felt missing the rise of our MC, we get a single position about her got married and had twin boys but what was the story of meeting Judy’s friend, I felt like it could have been much more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A pseudo moralistic tale about a husband who knows his wife is weak and easily manipulated and gets his revenge by pushing her into marrying a vile, brutal man who has already preyed on her weakness. Rambling and incoherent in places and the reactions of her father and their children are barely credible.

Even more ridiculous us that the writer makes the husband out to be some sort of noble, righteous character who eventually bestows mercy on the woman he's abused by proxy, rather than showing him as the vindictive, sanctimonious, hypocritical prick that he really is.

I find there is something very sick about the whole premise of this story. Beat the bitch if you must, but have the balls to do it yourself and don't delude yourself that your revenge is anything 'nobler' than the desire to hurt someone who's hurt you.

LA

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

First, do better editing. Typos and misspelled words stop the flow. The story was good. But why did Judy feel she had to have sex with the boss? He threatened her job? Her husband was already a successful architect and moving up. She didn’t need a job. What did she do?

Helen1899Helen1899about 2 years ago

What I great author, how sad we lost her so early. Her skill at putting a story together is bettered by no one. However, I HATED it. What a disgustingly horrible man, he much preferred 'Dancing with the devil' and gaining revenge at any cost. The welfare of his twin daughters meant nothing to him, his supposed love and respect for 'The Captain' meant nothing,. Saving his marriage to a women whom he pretended to love deeply meant nothing. It didn't take long to realise the only person he loved was himself, success had gone to his head.

RuttweilerRuttweileralmost 2 years ago
This is what used to be called a “bodice ripper.”

Completely overblown emotionally, as unrealistic as it is long. This reads like something out of the 19th century, with ridiculous, overblown speeches and excruciating emotional tirades. Let us not forget the passionate declarations by the wife that she will endure all of the mistreatment given to her, as she surely deserves it and more. How ridiculous is that? No one does that, especially a woman with children to care for, unless she is truly insane. I’ve known plenty of women in my life, and I’ve never met, or even heard of any one remotely like that.

It’s hard to manage a ‘willing suspension of disbelief’ when every paragraph causes me to involuntarily exclaim, “bullshit, bullshit, bullshit!”

2 Stars. I gave you an extra, as credit for your spelling and grammar.

fishgetterfishgetteralmost 2 years ago

I am sorry to learn she has passed. This story was very good, well told and had very few typos (a whole lot less than most of the anon readers here would have, including me). So RIP and we all miss you. :(

rn2711rn2711almost 2 years ago

Sorry, I do not buy the leash thing. If someone needs a leash, he is not worth the trust. Nobody is a slave and every person is free to do his choices.

Here we got to the extreme, Judy was abused. What if this part did not happen? She married her lover who cheated on her. She would live miserable life, end of story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Awesome! Thank You for all these stories I can read and immerse my self in! (I escape into well written stories) LAB

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The author was a talent taken from life far too soon. It would have been a joy to observe him mature as a writer and as a student of the human condition. RIP, Joesephus. Thank you for sharing your gifts with us.

ErotFanErotFanover 1 year ago

Our moral main character forgot his own oath. "For better or worse, in sickness and in health 'til death do us part." They are called "oaths" not promises. Just because his wife failed in her oath does not abrogate his oath. But then we wouldn't have a story would we? 8^ )

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A fantastic complicated story that keeps to the thread of the tale & follows easily. Good 5 stars.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story. Can't help but to agree with ErotFan regarding the main character forgetting his own oaths. LP

goodshoes2goodshoes2over 1 year ago

5 stars. OUCH! Damn good story, but heart wrenching. Strange to see it here in Literotica. Don't know where I would say it belongs, but it really tore at my guts. But as I said, damn good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Tough story. At first it looks cut and dried. But as it goes along there are more nuances. Clearly Judy broke the marriage compact. Exposed to string sexual harassment, she simply caved being more subservient than either she or the MC ever realized. She clearly had mental issues. Regardless of their confrontation that night when the MC was filled with righteous fury and she was clearly ill-prepared, she never stopped loving Matt, and she never really loved James at all. She used it to justify why she was suffering from this weird Stockholm Syndrome with James, a predator who is 22 years older than her, with a massive ego, a terrible lover, and a real assholr who shows his insecurities by abusing women. Again Judy had serious mental issues. She carried a lot of shame and guilt and was waiting for her white knight to save her. But he never noticed putting her on a pedestal. The MC has his own issues. He also has a big ego as he admits later on. He did nothing to watch his marriage or to protect, being oblivious. Some of the signs about the Friday schedules were a strong tell. Especially the last several months as the "flights" got shifted back more and more. He also didn't know much about his wife's personality. She was subservient to Matt on EVERY decision. This would always make her vulnerable. Moreover, he forced her into a marriage with a 50 year old man that he knew woukd hurt her but turned out to be woefully toxic, putting her on the brink of suicide. Not sure btw how he got the kids except how he manipulated the situation with he getting married and getting his father-in-law to aid him in that revenge. The MC has some darkness in his soul. That being said, can see why he cannot take her back, despite reading her journals and seeing her severe remorse and how she still thinks of Matt as her husband. The betrayal was too severe. But the reasoning for why he couldn't take her back is lame. He can't be bothered having to protect or watch out for his wife. He needs someone on a pedestal? Too much work? Again I get why he can't take her back but his own rationalization was stupid. Instead of disconnecting after her divorce from James would have liked to see him get her into counseling. See if a therapist can help her with her mental issues. Help her get her feet under her. Then she meets Mark and she gets a new shot at happiness. Be coparents together. I get the not being friends because too painful, but total avoidance and lack of information that she is pregnant, etc? In a small town? That shows his inability to forgive or have compassion. She had real mental issues and was vulnerable to a predator. Yes she ultimately bears responsibility but she was so conflicted (see the diary passage) that she was not mentally equipped to defend herself from her predator boss. She needed her husband to save her. He was clueless, she was ashamed, making things somewhat obvious ("Cum down time?"), and instead he pushes her into a toxic marriage with the predator, beacuse he always could convince her of what to do. He is by no means a saint. And she was a vulnerable nutjob. Well written. Good but sad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A shame, this writer would have become an excellent novelist had he not died in an accident in his mere 20’s. Needed polishing but a professional editor would have had entertaining novels from him in less than a decade from this point. Excellent ability to enter his main character’s interior ……would have expanded that talent to the supporting characters very shortly from this point. R.H.

BSreaderBSreaderabout 1 year ago
I have

Always liked most of his stories but this one not so much.

pugg6963pugg6963about 1 year ago

She cheated. Destroyed his life. Destroy hers and then move on.

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlenny11 months ago

So she needs someone to make her decisions for her....the whole ex wife's psyche is something I can't comprehend..... And I'm a psychologist

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I lived in Midland for 33 years…oil business. Further, some of the issues in your story could be about my marriage. I hope not….my name is James…..

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

This entire story’s premise was idiotic beyond belief. The further it went, the stupider it got. Nobody FORCED her to marry the prick. I don’t understand the dumbass Captain blaming the ex-husband for her problems, either. Just plain moronic

StruckwrongStruckwrong10 months ago

And you know she just might not fuck another man as Marks wife.

Mind you, nothing says I love and respect you like having a clandestine affair.

Alvares1414Alvares14149 months ago

Not a particularly enjoyable story. I don't understand the need to make everyone a broken toy for the sake of "plot kicking in"

There was too much focus on morality when it wasn't necessary. The ex-father-in-law lecturing Matt was a running jump before a stretch, and the passive ways in which both Matt and Judy dealt with the fallout of their "marriage" (and I use that word lightly) was pretty repellant. The ending proved that they weren't right for each other at all, and that's the saddest part of this entire story. All the build-up for....nothing?

Yeah, I'm not really sure how to rate this one, but I think a 2 is fair

Busman19639Busman196399 months ago

The story had its ups and downs but overall a good story.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This story is an example of fine writing at every level, which is why the score isn't higher. There are far too many simian intellects here searching for brainless, degenerate cuck and simple minded stories of the usually lw types. It is especially impressive that he began with a well worn lw trope and turned it into a profoundly insightful tale with well developed characters. Unfortunately, the young young author died some years ago.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Judy had serious mental issues. Sad. She wasn't just submissive. She was like a programmable doll who let asswipe do whatever he wanted to her, while belittling her husband. She had serious problems as based on her diaries. Why those took so many years to surface is bewildering. She had zero self respect and self reliance. She acted like James' servant or slave. Somehow it started off with pleasing him fornthe sake of her job? Who cares. Suspect it runs deeper in that when ordered she had to please. Even though the sex was demeaning, unsatisfactory and degrading. Her psyche was deeply scarred.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I like this story. It was well written. I've read more of your stories as well,I hope that you can continue to grace us with more.

Gumbo25Gumbo256 months ago

I enjoyed this story. 5 stars,

Calico75Calico756 months ago

It is so sad that this author died so young. He was very talented. I am thankful we still have his stories to enjoy.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Five stars, and would rate it six if I could. A well-told tale, Well written and constructed. Grammar good. Tenses consistent with circumstances. Characters not confused. WELL DONE, and I'm not normally a fan of forgiving stories. Will be looking for other stories by this author. Just read in comments below of the passing of this author - it is sad.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

"But here's the thing about failing to give mercy, it keeps you bound to the person or the problem." B.S.

You can VERY easily forget about the assholes who do you wrong, just as easily as any other unfortunate issue.

All we're required to do is give forgiveness, and only if there's repentance.

You don't owe your rapist lunch, or worse yet, a bottle of champagne for what they did.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

In the sense you are using the word "mercy", it means to NOT get a punishment you actually deserve.

You see it all the time in courts where people are pleading for mercy for the bad thing they did and not receive a long sentence.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

It is this possibility that makes women think that it is easier to ask forgiveness than permission.

I think if people like Judy were forced to wear an "A" instead of instead of "sure, it's fine you ripped the heart out of 3 people whose only sin was loving you" that there would be A WHOLE LOT LESS cheaters in the world.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

A cute quote from Shakespeare concerning God, but the author forgets Romans: "the penalty for sin is DEATH."

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

The ONE time in 100's of LW stories that, after all the dust settled, I would have taken her back.

I am absolutely not a RAAC proponent. In fact, just the opposite: BTB, because in my experience cheaters are not sorry for what they did, just the bad outcome. Most would simply try to figure out a way to do it "better".

But in this case, I come off feeling bad for the cheater and not liking the MC as being a heartless SOB who was more interested in $$$ regardless of his speeches about professed mercy. As to Judy "blooming", that was not her new "tether" but her hard-learned life lesson.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Excellent story but have to admit I was looking for a reconciliation here. Her journals was so honest yet painful. So heartfelt. MC manipulated her psychologically to get the girls but really damaged his ex. She had some mental issues. James was a predator. She was so conflicted between guilt and subservience. MC was clueless. Amazing how the tenor of the story changed. In reality it is probably more honest to both that they were not the best fit. She found Mark and he found his match with someone else. MC sounded a bit atrogant and high maintenance. Still so sad. 5 stars.

desecrationdesecration29 days ago

Reconciliation is a stage before being ready to divorce. If she has already cheated you in her mind, she has already left you and you will never trust her again. Unless you like making your marriage into a surveillance state, escape is the best option.

AnonymousAnonymous14 days ago

Metaphysical. To be able to rise above BTB, enough to consider the well being and growth of the kids emotions and minds. Mercy supersedes Karma?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous