Homecoming Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The colored girls swooned whenever he entered the room, as did the white girls, albeit they did their worshiping in private. The boys all gathered around him like he was the "second coming."

He never told a dull story; never had an unjust word; never over indulged. He was disgustingly perfect; and, although she often feigned irritation at his constant nagging, Lu secretly had to admit that her day was always a little brighter whenever she saw his smiling face.

"Someday some girl is going to sweep you off your feet and bonk you over the head with her club...then who's gonna make sure I don't become one of 'those bad girls'?" Lula would often tease.

"Well, you've already bonked me, so I think I'm ruined for anyone else," was always Jordan's reply.

Lula and Jordan's friendship was one of the few that had survived childhood intact; facing the reality of actually losing Daniel as a "brother" and a friend, Lu was glad to have a friend like Jordan.

Now standing before Lula underneath the only other place Lula felt safe, Jordan studied Lula with anticipation. "Well, aren't you going to tell me what the heck you were doing up there?"

Lula smiled and answered with a wink, "Why, I thought you knew...I was singing and dancing like a fool."

"I've got a deal for you," the stunning man grinned, raising an eyebrow to complement his heart-breaking grin. "Sing me a song and I'll come up with a good cover story for you."

"Damn, he's charming," Lula mused to herself as she considered the offer.

She knew she was in deep with her mother and anything coming out of Jordan's mouth was likely to save her skin.

"Well...I don't know," she teased. "Just how do I know you'll keep your end of the bargain?"

Jordan raised a hand to his heart in mocked devastation, "Lula darlin', have I ever lied to you?"

That was a rhetorical question if she'd ever heard one. Lula's pretty brown features lit up, her lips widening in a grin that reached her beautiful whiskey eyes. Bowing slightly as if a lady to her lord, Lula made a show of clearing her throat, opened her mouth, and began to croon a Ma Raniey tune.

I want all you women to listen to me Don't trust your man no further 'n your eyes can see. I trusted mine with my best friend But that was the bad part in the end...

As she belted out the lyrics to Trust No Man, Lula started her rhythmic swaying as if in a trance. Jordan was captivated, as always. For someone so young, her voice had a sad, mature quality that often frightened him. Lula always sang the blues and always sang them with the clarity and certainty of a woman who understood the emotion behind every penned lyric. This melancholy quality made him love her even more.

Unable to resist the temptation, the young man took advantage of Lula's trance and took her in his arms, swaying in rhythm to the motion of her hips. Lula leaned her weight into his strong shoulders, returning his embrace and continuing to sing softly.

Trust no man, trust no man, no further than your eyes can see. I said, trust no man, no further than your eyes can see. He'll tell you that he loves you and swear it is true, The very next minute he'll turn his back on you. Aw, trust no man, no further than your eyes can see...

The two swayed underneath the protective arms of the live oak's branches as Lula pulled the music from her body. As they danced, Jordan felt the shoulder of his blue cotton shirt dampen from what he'd guessed were Lula's tears. He'd suspect that she'd retreated to her hideout for a reason and these tears proved it. He'd let her get it out; pestering her with questions always put her in an ornery mood and he was selfishly enjoying the warmth of her body against his.

Caught up in the moment, Jordan pulled away from Lula and used one large hand to raise her chin so that he could gaze into her eyes.

"So beautiful..." he wondered aloud as she stared back at him from tortured, red-rimmed pools of gold-flecked honey.

Without thinking, Jordan bent down and took her lips with his own. Lula didn't resist. He wrapped his arms around her slim waist and pulled her closer to his body, feeling her heart pounding in her chest as she started to respond.

He wanted to consume all her pain, protect her from whatever was causing her so much sorrow. She'd never admit to crying even with tear-stains betraying her attempts to hide her emotions. Like her mother and Miss Emma, he was scared for Lula. She'd been wrestling with demons for over five years now and her anguish seemed to be consuming her.

He'd heard the stories of her exploits when he'd been away and he wasn't the least bit entertained by his buddies' anecdotes about Lula's adventures. From what he'd heard, she hadn't slipped too far, but she was certainly headed for trouble. It only took a few bawdy stories for Jordan to decide he'd heard enough and commence to threaten all of his friends with severe bodily harm if anyone touched "his girl."

He'd not warned Lula about her change in status, but then again he'd only modified the title of their relationship for show. Everyone would stay away from "Big Jordan's" woman if he said so — and he said so. Now holding Lula, swallowing her up in his big, strong arms, he imagined that perhaps the lie could be made true — if not this summer, then while they were away at school.

Although Jordan had always held a special place in her heart, at that moment Lula didn't care who it was she was kissing. She had to get rid of this tension she'd been carrying around all day. Jordan was safe and she liked the imposing, handsome man. Unfortunately for both of them, her mind was focused on the whirlpool of emotions Daniel had thrown her into without hesitation. She'd wanted to be held and kissed and told everything was going to be alright; she'd wanted someone to convince her that her broken heart would heal.

Suddenly, Jordan had appeared to rescue her drowning soul. He'd always been there when Daniel couldn't. A part of her would always love him for unfailingly coming to her rescue when she needed him, even if she was loathe to admit that she'd ever needed rescuing. Jordan would always rescue her. He loved her.

Lula pulled away from the kiss, taking Jordan's deep chestnut face in her hands.

"Jordan, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to take advantage of you. Here you are trying to cheer me up and I go and do something stupid like kiss you," she looked up at him from beneath thick black lashes and blinked back a tear.

"I'm getting all gushy and I hate being gushy," she continued, straightening her back as if mentally trying to pull herself together.

Jordan smiled, but his eyes betrayed a definite sadness, "Lula baby, I'm the one who took advantage. Everyone's looking for you and here I am stealing kisses from you and bribing you to sing for me...I..."

"You'd both better have a goddamn good excuse for her hanging out down here when she's supposed to be up at the house helping my mother and hers get ready for the Forth of July picnic," Daniel interrupted the awkward moment, his face reddened with inexplicable rage.

Lula blinked at the manifestation of fury marching towards them. Hands clenched into fists and jaw muscles twitched with anger, Lula couldn't quite believe what her eyes were telling her she was seeing.

Just what in the hell had gotten into Daniel?

****************************

Chapter 9 teaser:

He was well aware of Jordan's good intentions but something primal inside him couldn't help but be overly protective of the woman he'd so briefly considered his before wantonly throwing her away. Jordan may be the consummate gentleman, a perfect match for Lula. But what if he wasn't? What if Jordan hurt her the way he'd hurt the girl he'd considered his sister most of his life?

At the irrational thought of some perceived danger to Lula, Daniel quickened his pace, pulling an increasingly scared and confused Justine behind him.

God help Jordan if he caught them doing what he was imagining them doing at this moment -- what he was imagining him doing to her.

God help both him and Daniel

12