House Sorena Ch. 02 Pt. 1

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Dayanna, what if you meet some cute boy in the meantime?"

"There will time enough for that later. The more I think about it, the more I'd like to prove I am a woman with my sister by my side. So will you think about it?"

"What's to think about? Of course! Yes! I'm proud you asked me. But I'm curious. I thought the first part of this ritual of yours is two weeks of wild sex at the temple of your fertility god, Osh Mayan. Isn't there a chance you'll get pregnant? And do I do that, too?"

Dayanna shrugged. "It's not wild sex, it's learning how to be a good lover. I don't know, but I don't think you have to go unless you want to. But that wouldn't be so bad, would it? Going through that part together, too? If I get pregnant, then it's God's will. Some take the Daughter's Gift to prevent pregnancy, but most choose not to use the magic during the Rite. The priests say it's not true, but the tradition is if you're barren during your first coupling, there's a risk it could become permanent. When the time comes, I'm not sure what I'll do."

"Ma says a man takes sixty seconds teaching a maid about being a woman, and a woman spends a lifetime raising the result. One day I'd like daughters of my own, but not until I'm rich."

"Sixty seconds! I hope both of us have better lovers than that. The temple teaches us so we aren't ignorant of our bodies. As women, we bear the children. It's up to us to make sure we don't have too many children so the family doesn't go hungry." Dayanna lowered her voice. "We heard a story that some of the priests can go all night without shooting their seed. Sister Khrysanna said it was true, that she'd experienced the pleasure herself."

Beri shrieked with laughter. "Sex all night long? I can only do it once or twice before I get sleepy. If I did it that much, I don't think I could put my legs together, let alone walk the next day! Whooo-hee! Ha ha hah!"

Masturbation was fun, but spending an entire night just having sex? Dayanna laughed, too. It really was too silly for words.

When they could look at each other without giggling, Dayanna grabbed her pack and stood. "Lunch is probably waiting. We'd better go."

Beri went to her dresser. "I almost forgot your present."

"You didn't have to do that! I like visiting you!"

"I know! I just wanted to. You did sort of graduate. Now it seems appropriate. Here, Sister." Beri grinned, handing her a small lacquered box.

Dayanna saw her name crudely etched in Elvish script on the top.Beri must have written it in her own hand,she thought. Under the lid was a small metal mirror, and inside the velvet lining were two jars of grease paint, red and black.

"They're the same colors Ma used when she was a warrior. Do you like it?"

Dayanna hugged her tightly, kissing her cheek. "Oh, I do! Is there any special way to apply the colors?"

"I asked Kynthia, one of Ma's shield-sisters. Ma used a thick black band over a thick red band, the same on both cheeks. Kynthia was pretty cool about my asking her. She even took me to go buy it."

Dayanna put the gift into her pack. "You just have to come for the whole summer now! When we go hunting, we can both wear your mother's Amazon markings. Deal?"

"Deal!" On impulse, Beri kissed her on the lips. When she broke contact, the two girls looked at each other. "I love you, Dayanna," she whispered.

"Get your carry-bag, Sister." Dayanna slung her backpack onto her shoulder. "After lunch, we have shopping to do!"

* * * * *

The revelation of the girls and their pledge as shield sisters was met with a mix of emotions. For Beri's mother Chloe, it was elation that the girls were so close, and unexpected surprise and pride that the girls used her own warrior markings. For Aelfin, it was further evidence that his granddaughter was indeed trying to grow up too fast.

After the shopping, both girls begged her to allow Beri to spend the summer again with Dayanna. Chloe knew she'd miss her baby, but seeing their excitement and knowing Aelfin would watch them both like a hawk, agreed.

The summer in the wilderness was a grand time enjoyed by both girls. Many glorious days were spent learning hunting, tracking, and forest craft, getting bronzed in the sun, improving language skills, and keeping a certain grandfather seriously busy.

As the months passed, Dayanna grew four centimeters. Beri grew twice that, and to her delight, more than doubled the size of her breasts. Dayanna's clothes were getting a little small and tight. Beri was unable to get her old shirts on. Digging into some of Brianna's old clothes helped clothe the young girl, but they were always in danger of falling loose. At belt cinched above Beri's breastline helped prevent accidental exposures but looked awkward and was uncomfortable for the girl. Wishfully, Aelfin wondered if he should tie a brick to Beri's head to slow her down a bit. Only the fortuitous arrival of a young clothing merchant, new to the area and quite lost, allowed the two girls to be properly attired in decently modest apparel, with some extra selections having space to grow into. With a heavier purse and easy directions, the merchant agreed to return at least twice a year thereafter.

With the advent of fall, the three of them returned to Sargossa. The week-long trip back to town was without incident. The pleasant weather and the breeze from the sea made the stink of roadside garbage and street debris tolerable. Betwixt the sea birds, vendors, and shoppers, the noise was a boisterous, tangible thing. Dayanna and Beri basked in it.

Once they sold the furs from their summer hunts, they loaded up their packs with gifts for Beri's mother and sister as well as for other friends in town. Taking their time through the bustling streets, they strolled leisurely in the early afternoon, enjoying themselves and doing a little last-minute shopping.

While Aelfin busily haggled with a merchant, Dayanna licked the last of the pastry icing from her fingers, and turned to ask Beri if she, too, was thirsty. To her horror, she saw Beri's limp body being carried off through the jostling crowds by three scruffy, well-armed young men. They quickly disappeared around the corner into an alley.

Instantly, Dayanna was in pursuit, screaming, "Babba! Help! Kidnappers!Babba!"

By the time she was halfway across the street, Aelfin passed her and charged around the corner, eldritch words of power on his lips. In the seconds it took Dayanna with her shorter legs to catch up, she saw amidst the clutter and shadows one kidnapper already sprawled bloody and lifeless on the ground. Further down the alley, her grandfather fought furiously blade and dagger with two more, their clashing steel a rapid staccato. Past them, near the end of the alley, Beri writhed and jerked against two more two villains, screaming and kicking. One pinned her arms to the ground while the other cut off her pants before dropping his own breeches.

"No!" Dayanna ran forward, and immediately the alley brightened, all shadows vanishing before her. In a hot rage, Dayanna reached for the long hunting knife on her hip as she closed the distance.

The one holding Beri's arms saw Dayanna, and he jumped up to meet her, drawing his dagger and short sword. Beri took the opportunity to rake the cheek of the one forcing himself between her legs. Snarling, the older youth hit her twice in the face, then twice more in the stomach. While she was stunned and bleeding, he began his abuse.

The ruffian charging at Dayanna grinned, thinking her an easy foe, and perhaps another victim. He tried to use his greater height and weight to overwhelm her, to knock her down.

Without thought or hesitation, all of Dayanna's hours training at the temple and with her grandfather automatically and seamlessly came into play. She sidestepped and whirled. Using both hands, she snapped her blade up, cutting deep, and yanked down to pull it free. Then she ran on.

Hearing her approach, Beri's assailant struggled to stand up and grab his sword at the same time. Dayanna swung in a downward sweep. He looked at her in surprise, then fell apart, sliced cleanly from shoulder to hip, dousing both girls liberally with blood. Beri shrieked and scrambled back to the alley wall. Dayanna pulled Beri to her feet, and throwing one arm protectively around her, held her sworden garde.When Beri tried to reach for the broad sword on the ground, Dayanna roughly pushed her back. As much as she wanted to help her grandfather, she knew better. They would more likely get in his way.

"Dayanna!" Beri cried, wiping her bloody nose. One eye was swollen and bruised, nearly closed. "I can still fight!"

Dayanna shook her head and squeezed tightly, causing Beri to grimace. The pain in her ribs lanced into her small frame, causing her to gasp.

"Then kill them all! No coins for the ferryman! Let 'em be ghosts forever!" And the young girl bawled into Dayanna's shoulder. Her body was one searing, throbbing mass of pain.

Aelfin slew one of his opponents.

Dayanna glanced around. Only one remained, and he struggled desperately against Aelfin's skill. Beri's pain tugged at her thoughts, and without thinking about it, Dayanna began to hum a tune. Colors danced on the edge of her vision, heat flushed through her body briefly and then it was gone.

Awed, Beri whispered, "It -- it doesn't hurt anymore. What did you do?"

Tears streaming freely, Dayanna kept her attention on the fight in front of her.

Seeing his death, the youth cried in Hellene, then in Norse, "Quarter! I yield!"

Aelfin spat back, "No quarter!"

When he tried to fight past the elf, Aelfin's dagger took him under the arm, and it was over.

It was sometime before Dayanna realized her grandfather was speaking to her.

"Dayanna! Can you hear me? Breathe! And please be careful with that sword!"

Aelfin squinted at her, his sensitive eyes narrow slits in the bright light.

Dayanna was amazed. She was holding a sword. Where did it come from? Exquisitely balanced and feather-light, the grip seemed made for her hand. The edge looked wicked sharp and deadly.

Perplexed, she looked for her hunting knife. It was there, still in its sheath on her hip. She blinked, exhaling -- and the light around her vanished.

"Come on, Little One," he urged. "It's all right. You're safe now, both of you."

"Babba?"

"Just past thirteen years old and your first battle, you shine like all three suns at summer noon. That's the first -- Dayanna! Watch out! That sword is deadly dangerous. You don't want to hurt Beri or me, do you?"

Dazed, she shook her head. Carefully, she laid the long sword down. She thought its silver-blue sheen beautiful. The large diamond in the pommel almost seemed to wink at her.

Aelfin hugged them fiercely, kissing away their tears. "Lady above! You're both a mess! All soaked in blood! Dayanna, are you hurt? Are you sure? Good. Beri, I'm going to clean you up so I can check you better, is that all right?" Gesturing with his hands, he muttered a cantrip and she was instantly clean of all blood and grime. Her clothing was in shreds. Beri's face was purpling, but he was startled to find that her split lip was partially healed, and swollen nose only a little tender. Frowning, he glanced furtively at Dayanna before completing his exam. "Anything broken? Any other wounds? No? Without magic, that eye will probably swell shut. Try not to loosen that tooth any further. Beryl . . . there are no words to express my sorrow at what you have suffered. Someday, I hope you will forgive me. I'm not sure your mother will. First, though, you're going to see a healer." He repeated the cleaning spell on Dayanna, then checked her, too. "No wounds at all, Little One?" he asked, surprised and relieved.

Dayanna shook her head, staring at the carnage. She'd learned from her grandfather how to dress out animals for food. The alley was grisly; worse than she'd expected. During the battle, she had simply acted, each move a clear action in her mind. Her thoughts now, though, were awash with sadness at the emptiness of death, knowing these had once been living, sentient beings. Now that the fight was over, she trembled. Yet she felt no doubt about the correctness of her actions. They had hurt her sister, Beri! Then Dayanna noticed there were four bodies, not five!

"Babba! Where's the other one? Did he get away?"

"No, Little One," he answered, satisfied at last she was unhurt. Digging into his pack, he pulled out his cloak and wrapped it around Beri, as her clothing hid nothing. Both girls were shaking, slipping into shock.

"Where's the body?"

"Your sword sliced clean through him, Dayanna. The power of the swordconsumedhim." He touched her chin, his eyes staring into hers. "He was vaporized. Totally. Into dust. Do you understand what I'm saying? What is the name of your sword?"

"Berek, the Life Slayer." She stared at him in surprise: surprise that she knew the answer, but also that he knew to ask. More so, sheknewthat sword. Berek had belonged to her dead mother, Brianna, and it was supposed to be locked away in a chest at home, more than a hundred kilometers away. "Babba, what's going on?"

Unslinging his wine skin, he held it up to Beri and made her drink. "Berek belongs to you now, Dayanna. When your mother died, it went dormant. It seems your goddess heard your plea, and has gifted it to you. The sword is awake now, with all its fierce abilities. If the need is strong enough, it won't matter the distance -- your sword will find you, and Lady help any that dare stand before it."

Using one hand to steady Beri, Aelfin touched his granddaughter's face. "Dayanna, take a drink and then I want you to listen to me. You've survived your first combat, and I know all this is overwhelming, but please try to pay attention. Pick the sword up carefully and shake off the blood. Think its name in your mind, and use your thoughts tocommandit to become small."

As Dayanna bent down, the swordmoved,skittering over the cobblestones and into her grasp. Numbly, she did as he bid. Instantly, the blade shrank, becoming a dagger with an overly-large hilt. When she tried to hand it to him, Aelfin jumped back, shielding Beri.

"No, Dayanna! Listen to what I'm saying. The sword is awake and you are its master. This sword can kill, even if you don't wield it yourself. Never,everlet anyone else attempt to use it or even attempt to draw it, because it might kill them, even if you don't want it to."

He retrieved Dayanna's bedroll from her pack and opened it up. "Lay it here. I will roll it up so that you can carry it safely." Dayanna laid it down carefully, and Aelfin rolled it within the blankets. He quickly secured it back to his granddaughter's backpack. Using the cantripfasten,he made the leather straps around the blankets even tighter. "There's a temple near here, and both of you are going to be checked out by a healer. While I carry Beri, I want you to hang onto my belt and stay close."

"Babba? What of this one?" She pointed to the dead rapist.

Aelfin looked back. "He's dead, Dayanna. See the tattoo on his arm? Cult of Ares. He's Hellenic, not Ba'lorian. There's no need for your Un-Naming Ritual."

Cult of Ares. Gangs of young men were initiated into the cult's mysteries by kidnapping a woman or a young girl to be tortured and murdered. Devoted to violence and death, the sect was outlawed within the Confederation. What her grandfather said wasn't strictly true, but Dayanna settled for a firm kick to the corpse. If the villain's soul made it past Charon the Ferryman, across the River Styx and into the underworld of the Hellenic dead, she hoped Hades exiled his soul to Tartarus for at least a hundred lifetimes. Then, she hurried after her grandfather.

# # #

12