Howling Roar: Fated Love Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You fought next to her elder sister; you were tasked with guarding her unit during battle and leading them assistance when needed. Yet the one time her life was truly in the gravest danger, you did worse than nothing..." Lucian looked down at his feet and his eyes became filled with a wild look of desperate disbelief seeing the lovely curved face of a young leopard-kin woman, her eyes glazed over with death's grasp upon her. It was that same as back then, Lucian fell once again to his knees before her, overwhelmed by the emotions in his heart as his hand reached out shaking towards her. The moment it touched that lovely golden fur, her body shattered becoming a golden mist, the rest of the world melting with her into golden dust. "You pulled your forces away leaving her to die overwhelmed by the enemy, a needless death that is upon your hands along with so many others!"

"I was following my orders, I was ordered to pull back, I had no choice but to honor the command!" Feeling something warm and sticky upon his hands, Lucian looked to find them crimson with blood, the scent of it the same as hers when he held her dying in his arms. His breathing became more erratic as he struggled to overcome the growing guilt and anger within his chest, threatening to drown him.

"Yes you may have been following your orders... but I cannot imagine why you felt you had to follow such strange orders... orders your instincts felt were very wrong." She kneeled down gently, pulling the hem of her crystal light blue dress slightly so it would not scrap along the ground, taking a long deeply thoughtful look upon the wolf before her. A smile crept upon her features, and she softly stood back up taking one more look at Lucian before slowly walking towards the exit from the dungeon.

"I sense it is time the full truth of what happened to be revealed, but I know you now Sir Lucian and I feel you will not give up that truth so easily. So I will rip it from you, tear it out of the place you have buried it, smash what you have become and we will see if you have the will to live once everyone knows the real truth..." Her smile was wicked in such a way that even the hardened veteran guards of the prison cringed as if they were staring down some powerful predator. "You and Sapphira have a destiny Lucian, one that was set into motion so long ago and if you cannot fulfill it I will end your life here and now..."

12