Hunting the Hunter Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Enithermon
Enithermon
1,050 Followers

"Oh dear."

They all looked to Desdemona who was frowning and tapping her chin thoughtfully.

"What is it Desi?"

"Well you're not going to like it."

"I already don't like it, how can it get any worse?"

Des winced at that and Ina couldn't help but wince as well. Great, just great...'how can it get any worse' is the ultimate set up to 'here's how'...

Des sighed.

"Yeah, yeah, I just jinxed myself...spill."

"There are three types of people who use blood magic. There are witches: waste witches and weald witches are essentially the same once you cut away all the cultural issues, identifiers, and taboos. Then there are the 'special' Daerdra worshipers...one might throw you in with that lot perhaps. And then there are the third kind." They both knew what the third kind was. Inanna winced even harder as they both intoned the word together: "Necromancers."

"Well hey, on the bright side, this is another lead, right?" They both turned to Lucas who shrugged and gave them a rare lopsided grin. Inanna narrowed her eyes at him.

"Lucas, why do I get the impression that your rare shows of pleasure are intrinsically linked to my immediate discomfort?"

His face deadpanned and he crossed his arms over his chest. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Like hell you don't." she glanced over at Aina who was suddenly very interested in the ceiling. Oi.

She looked back at Lucas and grinned evilly. "Keep smiling chuckles," she turned and made her way to the sleeping quarters where she planned to rest up before the 'big todo', "'cause I'm the one who had to hold down daddy dearest when he caught 'someone' getting frisky in the basement." She heard Aina gasp softly but ignored them both.

Lucas, however, only scoffed. "You should talk."

"Lucas!" Aina breathed in surprise.

Ina only turned with a grin. "Oh I should...because unlike you, I'm in my early 80's and more importantly; My daddy is two mountain ranges and one very wide sea away. I'll talk all I want, thank you kindly"

She did give poor Aina a sympathetic wince. "We should probably talk about that at some point. Sorry." Aina merely nodded, looking flustered and bemused.

Well...aren't we all, she thought as she made her way down the hall. Aren't we all.

Enithermon
Enithermon
1,050 Followers