All Comments on 'I Started Out Roasting a Pig'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 441 Comments (Page 4)
TajfaTajfaalmost 3 years ago

Simply great. You are a special writer.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Damm, I hate when I get suckered into a romantic outcome.

Great story though, real roller coaster.

But LAWYERS??? You'll be doing more politician/scumbags next.

mainer42mainer42almost 3 years ago

agree with Tajfa completely. and no nitpicking from me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Ive read it 3 times now and im crying again! Do you understand now messed up that is to a 60 year old rough and tumble oilfield working man? I was stupid when i caught my wife, got violent in front of the state police, lost everything but it was worth it. The piece of shit she cheated with had to have airbags put in so he could have an erection and yes, that makes me smile. Take of each other and be good neighbors.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I was waiting for the hot, moist action to begin, but got so caught up, I didn't mind when I reached the end. Very well written, I like the man's point of view, honest, heartfelt and moving. All in all, well done! Pls keep contributing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Incredable story, very well told, moves well and fast, detailed but not to the point of able to bore you. A true pleasure to read and experience, some typos but life goes on. It wouldnt let me give it a 6, so i settled on a 5. Smooth story line, fresh ideas. thank you

desecrationdesecrationover 2 years ago

<blockquote>

"I'm tired of having to walk to a park to see grass. And I'm tired of living beside people I really don't know, who have no interest in being neighbors. I want to see the stars instead of smog when I look up at night."

</blockquote>

Turn it up

invisible_bridgesinvisible_bridgesover 2 years ago

The best LW stories are not revenge stories (or, god forbid, cuck stories) -- but love stories. This is a good love story.

Cal59Cal59over 2 years ago

Perhaps my favourite of yours, probably not, who cares! Outstanding story, thanks!

To those Anon who bitch, have the balls to put your name to it, just saying!

Cracker270Cracker270over 2 years ago

Now that was a loving wives story. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

If you want to get involved in a story this is a great setting. Sounded so real to life that I thought I was down home reminiscing with family about some dear old friends. The only thing missing was having a biscuits and gravy breakfast with a side order of hot grits. RayR

BSreaderBSreaderover 2 years ago
I have read this

Over a lot of times it just is a wonderful story. Thanks for writing.

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

Thanks for writing! Great story, second or third time around. Just one little thing of course I could be wrong cause I'm just an old man, but O think you reffered to Billy a couple of times as 'her'? Still a great story though.

Wolfgang1955Wolfgang1955over 2 years ago

Second reading a d still a 5☆

secretsalsecretsalover 2 years ago

Damn, you really killed off Uncle Ben. That's cold, man.

Seriously though, great story.

usaretusaretover 2 years ago

Loved it. Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

That last paragraph just crushed me, and Ben dying, damn youre going to kill me. fantastic story, 5 stars all day.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Second time reading and still a truly great story by a truly great author. Five stars of course. LP

fredbrownfredbrownover 2 years ago

As a guy that can only tech manuals with a secretary's help I resent the heck out of you and your word skills, damn it! Love the story more every time I read it. Thanks for the writing you do and if you ever try to read the factory manual for a radar set - think of me!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ben's picture over the fireplace. Aren't his ashes spread all around the farm enough. Morbid. Qhml1 needs someone to write the new endings. First 95% = 5*. Last 5% = 2*

Mike the Irishman 🍀

WoodencavWoodencavover 2 years ago

Great storey, I love happy endings and thought Bens picture over the fireplace was a nice touch.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You are really quite a jerk, making a grown man cry like this. great story, easy to keep track of players, typos abound, but no more nit picking. Good job

auhunter04auhunter04over 2 years ago

Sometimes happy endings make you cry

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Again after a year I give this a 5 star vote.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Where is the explaining to Angie about Sophie????

nixroxnixroxabout 2 years ago

5 stars - I like this story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

These are the stories I love. Thank you.

5*

PrfsrPrfsrabout 2 years ago

Great story. There are many little writing errors scattered throughout the piece. It would help to have a fresh pair of eyes to proofread something before publication in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Pretty good. Sherrie was a little too cookie cutter as the cheating spouse. Some better character development with her would have helped, but all in all nicely done.

BabalooieBabalooieabout 2 years ago

Wonderful story; well done. The only problem, is that it got a little misty around here when I was reading the ending. I'm a lover of the English language. At times, I get distressed over the misspelled words, grammatical errors and improper use of to, too and two. However, whenever I finish one of QHML1's stories, I feel so satisfied with its content, that I forget all the errors and feel like I just completed a Prime Rib dinner at a five star restaurant. 5*

Hooked1957Hooked1957about 2 years ago

Second read as good as the first.

Hooked

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

What a wonderful story of hope. A few typos and such, no big deal. Yes, damnit I lost tears over this story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Enjoyed reading it the second time as much if not more than the first time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wow. What a great story. And a tear jerker. I gave it a 5. No other score, would be possible. Thank you.

DeanofMeanDeanofMeanabout 2 years ago

big bully making us cry all the dam time well done

ker63469ker63469almost 2 years ago

Well done. A real tear jerker

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Loved it! Thanks.

Jim

SatyrDickSatyrDickalmost 2 years ago

Very Romantique und Zweet!

11/10!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Incredibly moving after several reads, thanks Q. As usual your stories are so well put together, that nothing seems a miss, characters all have substance and the story just follows at an effortless pace. The general level of emotion has one captured throughout. Highest accolades to an author that can bloody well put the package together with such aplomb...!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I prefer somewhat more romantic tension, even though the story was 'nice' but perhaps too predictable!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A nice story but, very predictable from the outset and the ending contained a lot of cliches. However, it still was a very warm, loving, wholesome and enjoyable story. 5/5

Tootight1Tootight1almost 2 years ago

Always loved this story, maybe because it seems so real, or maybe the right way life should go, that finally does. I read this years ago and it still has the same effect. Beautiful story, well done. Thank you.

xhristianjxhristianjalmost 2 years ago

So all country boys have fucking terrible taste in women and the more useless they are the more slutty they are the more they like them?! Because almost every country themed story I read goes exactly the same fucking way?!

No Wonder the South Hates the Yankees!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

One of the best love stories I ever read, in spite of some cliches and some predictability. Congrats and Thx.

Please have a GOOD editor go over your stories.

5*

BJ

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Agree with all the positive comments, consider the negative ones irrelevant.

Kudos. Keep on truckin'.

RichG49RichG49almost 2 years ago

Another outstanding offer from this author. I realize this is probably an older story and you may have made accomodations for a proofreader, BUT, I am hereby offering to proofread anything you write from this day forward.

Cracker270Cracker270almost 2 years ago

Revisit and we’ll worth the time. Great story well told

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 2 years ago

2nd or 3rd reading and still good, tears and emotions and another wife gets hit with the Martian Slut Ray, seems to be a lot of that going around these past years.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A heartwarming, well written story with good sex appropriately developed and placed. Logical, easy to follow and solid real life pathway. And, best of all, NONE of the much abused L.E cliches!!

WELL DONE 😊👏👊

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 1 year ago

Man, I love the way you write. Thanks for another warm wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Just plain excellent.

iammweaseliammweaselover 1 year ago

Well written, terribly telegraphed, anybody who didnt see Ben biting the big one very early in the story was either drunk when they read or a victim of a good round of friendly fire after beer night.

And Im totally shocked the MC didnt have his own Bat Signal in town.

You write better than most, but your story telling skills still come up short.

Cracker270Cracker270over 1 year ago

Again. This is just one fine story

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I loved it. Even if it brought tears to my eyes a couple of times. Finally a good real Loving wives story. It was very well written, although there were a few typos, I could get past without too much trouble. Thank You for sharing it with us. Especially those of us who are tired of reading the standard formatted Cheating Wives/Cuckold stories that have seemed to take over this forum. I've read a few of your stories on here, and quite a few more to go yet. Between you and the Tramp, I always know I'll get a good read in when I pick one of your stories. Thank You again for a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Outstanding.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

One of the best I have Read!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I do love this story, love that they don't forget Ben, always pains me in these types of story, when a lost partner seems to forgotten.

Simon Masters

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story. Just finished rereading it.

A minor criticism - at the wedding reception Sophie told Angie that she was lucky and Will comments that he's got some explaining to do. Doesn't make sense - Angie was there when Will and Sophie met and arranged things so they could get together including a weekend away. So what's to explain?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Such good writing. But there were 2 huge plot holes that detracted:

.

#1 — the disappearance of Sophie. No explanation at all. She was just gone. And this after she and Will had OBVIOUSLY hit it off big time.

.

#2 — the letter from Ben to Will. Absolute nonsense. Ben died suddenly of an unknown heart defect. There is no possibility he had an inkling of a pending demise. No way he would write Will that letter. It was a letter a dying man might write near his death…not something a healthy man would write out of the blue.

.

As well….not enough retribution on Sherry…could have at least had their son Billy read her the riot act at some point.

.

So just 4 ****

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Anonymous below: "[Sophie] had just gone through a bad divorce, lined up a really good job on the other coast, and was taking three months off to collect herself." That's why she's gone. She never meant to stay.

The letter I also found strange. But I never made a will, so what do I know. Maybe rich people use to write those letters and update them every other year, who knows.

Helen1899Helen1899over 1 year ago

Slow start, I am not really interested in what happened before the marriage, unless it impacts on the story. I jumped that and loved the rest, well worth 5* for the wonderful ending.

Opinionated1Opinionated1over 1 year ago

please write more! very few authors still active on Lit who can tell a story like you. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

As always, thanks for writing. Beautiful story that can run the gamut of emotions, it certainly did mine!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Five stars without any pause or hope for something different in your story.

FyrscapeFyrscapeover 1 year ago

Thanks for sharing a great story of life with us. made me smile and shed a tear but very true to life. thanks again

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"You need a new radiator hose, ma'am. Call AAA when Wendel takes you home, and they'll come and get it. It's easy to fix,"

Let's see: Radiator hose burst and lost all coolant. Engine ran too hot and finally seized up. Need new engine, not just a new radiator hose!

DarknsDarknsover 1 year ago

Beautiful story. Just what I needed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

heck of a ride

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 1 year ago

Really enjoyed reading this story, until the ending. It's kind of hard to read with wet eyes. Sorry that Ben had to go so Will and Angie to get together, but that's how it goes. Even with the few typos and errors, it's a five star story, thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very enjoyable read, and a great story. Please keep up the GREAT work!!!

ykauntuykauntuover 1 year ago

Enjoyed reading this story. Never a fan on writing comments but I just had to for this one. A good story you have here. Really enjoy it.

Cracker270Cracker270over 1 year ago

I love to stop and revisit this story. I have honestly lost track of the readings thank you

mrdata9770mrdata9770about 1 year ago

(2/21/2023) Excellent! Brilliant! Thank you.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonabout 1 year ago

This story only gets better with time.

HighBrowHighBrowabout 1 year ago

If you wanna know more about the catering and equipment rental businesses, this is your read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Third time I read this…still excellent

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

that isn't the south as it is today, too many damn yankees and democraps have relocated and both tribes tho almost synonymous had ruined the southern culture and charm w/ their arrogance, selfish individuality, and irresponsibility. Good series and really empathized w/ the feelings b/w the hatfields and will. rk

Dnvrdave58Dnvrdave58about 1 year ago

This was a great story. My 1st read of it but it was certainly enjoyable. You've done a great job all the time I've registered this was just 1 of the most outstanding ones you've ever done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Looking at the comments, it seems like I read & comment every year or so. I remember some but at my age I forget a lot too. Another 5 star rating from me.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

You are 1 of the best writers on this site! You flesh out the characters and their back stories, so well, you think you know them! This is about the third or fourth time I've read this story and is still a great read!!!! 5*

Dobbin55

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I love your stories. You write so well but I have a complaint. Your arc of life makes the end of the stories so sad they leave me all choked up.

Hiram325Hiram325about 1 year ago

Always excellent. Thanks.

mariverzmariverz12 months ago

Gran trabajo, como siempre

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Amazing story! Held my attention throughout!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I loved it. I gave it 5 stars. It even made my eyes leak several times. You've got a real knack for fleshing out your characters and making them real. The scene you describe about Will's house and Angie's farm reminds me of a road in Oklahoma that I used to drive on to see my folks. The house/farm at the top of the hill, and several homes on the next street at the bottom of the hill. Unfortunately there was no large hill in the way for cell service on the parallel road. But yes, the rest of the story could have been written about that area. Thanks for taking me back 35+ years, as my wife and I raised 2 kids in that area...Good times. Thank You for sharing it with us.

FluidswallowerFluidswallower11 months ago

Thanks yet again for an enjoyable tale. Another 5 stars to you.

SandyBBSandyBB11 months ago

Wonderful! Just wonderful! Immensely enjoyable read. 5 Stars is the minimum i can give.

HansTrimbleHansTrimble11 months ago

I have a long list of favorites, but really I know there are a lot of good stories there, and just a few that are real winners. This is, without a doubt, one of the very, very best. I don't know how many times I've read it, but when I'm feeling down, this story of good friends and deeply felt values is a sure fire remedy. All I can say is, "Thank you!"

servant111servant11111 months ago

Simply outstanding in every way.

5 stars

emsoneemsone11 months ago

Can I give you 10 stars?

dgfergiedgfergie10 months ago

Second or third reading and I still get tears. Friends and family, precious commodities a lot of people don't appreciate. 29 stars!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Life really sucks at times, Hardship follow us no matter where we go. I have stage 4 cancer now, and will be doing chemo again this next week.July 25 -26-27th. The one thing I have in my corner is having learned that the mistakes you make don't have to define you. Life is always changing, we grow and hopefully learn from the bad choices we've made before. We can't make the ones we love be good, yet we don't have to give into there demands to change our beliefs, Just to make them feel good about them selves, not our job!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Gut wrenching, uplifting, joyous, sobering. I cried, on fact I'm crying as I write this. You have a magical touch with real emotions and real life. Even if this is based on a real life set of events, your touch knocks it out of the park.

LMJ

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Top notch

Foggybottom81Foggybottom8110 months ago

Who is Rhonda? Don’t mix the names of your characters. Pleasant story though.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

SIMILAR Stories