In a New Light Ch. 02

Story Info
Is what happened a mistake or the start of something great?
2.7k words
4.61
8.2k
6

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 08/27/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hey guys! Here is chapter 2. I suppose you could read this one without reading the first, but it will make more sense if you read the first. I am continuing the story. I'm not sure when I am going to get chapter 3 done, but I will try to update when I can. Also big thanks to Lindsey44 for editing this chapter. Hope you enjoy.

****

Slowly, Adele woke up stretched and sighed at the wonderful warmth and very explicit dream she had had about her best friend.

"Mmm what a wonderful dream," she said to herself.

"Oh, Care to share?"

Startled, Adele shrieked as she fell off the bed landing on the floor with a thud. She looked at the person lying on the bed; that's when the dream became reality; she was naked, in Aidan's room.

"Yeah, I'm fine. So. . .it wasn't a dream, was it?" she blushed as she pulled on his tee shirt.

"If I hadn't lived it, yes, I would believe it was a dream, but, waking up and finding you here, with me, in my bed, naked, with love bites on your neck, no, it couldn't have been a dream."

Adele sat there on the floor thinking about what had happened. She was both confused and apprehensive that this had just been a "pity fuck" that would ruin their friendship. She had always treasured Aidan's friendship, but she wanted more, not a "friends with benefits" relationship that would eventually lead to disaster. Her heart and brain told her that type of relationship never worked and losing her best friend would crush her, if, she hadn't lost him already.

"Adele, are you sure you're okay? You aren't going to be sick are you?"

"I'll be right back."

Adele stood and walked across the hall to the restroom. She needed a minute to clear her head. She splashed cold water on her face, stared at her reflection in the mirror, and went back into Aidan's room.

The expression on Aidan's face was full of concern.

"We need to talk about what happened and what to do next. Please be completely honest with me, even if it's something you don't think I want to hear. I've had enough lies recently," she hesitantly stated with obvious discomfort.

Aidan took Adele's hands within his, "Adele, what we did last night was wonderful. I don't regret it, and could never deny it if I tried. I was also finally admitting something I have felt for a long time when I said I love you; I am completely in love with you. The timing has never seemed right to tell you until now how I have felt so I have suppressed my feelings, but now, I refuse to fight it. I want to be with you, but, if you aren't ready for it, it's okay."

Tears formed in Adele's eyes, as she leaned against Aidan. "To be honest, I am a little confused about what happened, especially the timing. I really care about you, but I'm not sure I can handle this right now. I want you, but I need to get over the hurt before I can continue this; I'm sorry."

While Adele was already letting go of Charley and his cheating ways, the cut still burned. She was terrified of having those feelings, especially caused by someone she truly cares about.

"Well, I can understand that," he replied clearly disappointed in her admission but continued, "I don't want to lose our friendship, it's very special, but let's not dwell on this until you can deal with your feelings and get past the hurt, then we can talk again about which way we want to go okay?"

"Aidan, you are seriously the best! I will try to figure everything out as quickly as I can. I have a test later today so I should get going."

"Okay, good luck on your test, text me later and maybe we can hang out."

"Good, see you later."

With that, Adele grabbed her clothes, got dressed and left his house. Aidan sank back into his bed, now more confused than ever. He could understand her hesitancy, but was still worried that she would run away from what they had and not want to deal with it. If she didn't feel as he did, he didn't know how she would react. Aidan wished his brother Dustin wasn't away at school so he could talk this over with him. He really needed someone to talk to.

****

Adele had lied, she didn't have a test, but she was desperate to get away to be able to deal with her thoughts. She couldn't breathe and what her feelings terrified her. The only time she had felt remotely like that was when she had first met Charley, the man who just broke her heart by cheating. Needing mental support, Adele called Hazel. Hazel, her charmingly sarcastic best friend always made things better.

"Hey Hazel, you busy?"

"Yeah sort of, I'll be free later why, what's up?"

"Oh you know... want to have dinner later?"

"Sure, Texas Roadhouse like normal?"

"Sounds good to me, See you at six."

With that Adele decided to shower and wallow in bed until later.

Adele was feeling a little better by the time she saw Hazel's reassuring face walk in the door. "Let's order first then I will spill."

After they gave their orders to the waitress, Adele breathed in deeply, and then explained everything that had happened the day before. After the briefest explanation possible, she looked at her friend's face to judge the reaction. Shock was all that was there. Hazel hadn't uttered a word, which had never happened; that is until now.

"Say SOMETHING!"

"You mean you really had sex with Aidan?" Hazel questioned suspiciously.

"Of course that would be the thing you focused on" Adele added, rolling her eyes and showing her the hidden love bites. Hazel's goal in life for the past couple years had been to get Adele and Aidan together.

"Well DUH! Charley was all wrong for you, deep down you knew it, but Aidan, Aidan is perfect for you. So is it official?"

"Well... um no, not exactly."

"What do you mean?"

"Well this morning I, I, I,." Adele stammered.

"Wait a minute! Don't tell me you ran from him. You didn't, did you?" Hazel interrupted.

"No! Not really, I just told him I needed time to process everything."

"Don't you want him though?"

"Of course, I do. But it isn't that simple."

"Adele, things never are. If you are both willing, then you have to try. I understand you don't want to risk his friendship, but you two have basically been together for years without the sex. Just promise to consider what you two could have if you just let it happen."

"I'll try."

Their food arrived and they ate quietly joking as they always had.

"Thanks for being there today, I don't know what I'd do without you."

"No problem, girl. Figure things out and start making up for lost time with that boy, don't let him get away."

Adele and Aidan hadn't talked much over the last two weeks. There just wasn't much to say yet. Aidan's graduation party was the first time they had actually been near each other since that night. Tension between the two was evident. They just weren't the same. Everyone noticed the lingering glances between the two and the blushed cheeks that both were guilty of emitting every time they got close to each other. Adele was putting the finishing touches on his cake when Becky, Aidan's mom finally confronted her.

"Adele, what is going on between you and Aidan?" Becky asked curiously.

"What do you mean? Nothing is going on" Adele jumped a little too quickly.

"Honey, even if you weren't a terrible liar, the speed at which you answered that gave you away. Spill, let's have it please!"

The woman was so sweet, but way too observant, even though a blind person could see that things changed between Adele and her son.

"Well, Aidan and I discovered that we have feelings for each other."

"Really? You mean you just discovered that? Adele, you and Aidan are both really intelligent, how could you not see that you both are completely in love with each other?"

"Honestly, I have no idea, I feel I have always just overlooked it," Adele confessed.

"My only piece of advice for you young lady is to do what your heart tells you is right. And, for god's and everyone else's sake, do it soon; that boy has been so grumpy since you were here last."

Becky then said it was time for the cake and walked out the back door and went down the steps to the patio, where the party was being held.

With Adele left alone to think about what Becky had just said, she realized what she really wanted: Aidan. Adele carried the cake out to the table with a fresh outlook. The rest of the party went fast and she was beaming with excitement. Aidan noticed the change in her demeanor and it was contagious and soon consumed him as well.

The party finally died down and only a few people remained to help clean up. After the debris was gone, Aidan's mom went up into the house and left Adele and Aidan alone.

"Want to go swimming?" Adele inquired.

"Um..sure. Let me go change; I'll be right back."

Adele was already in the pool when Aidan returned. His breath caught when he realized she was floating in the water completely and totally naked. 'My god, she is so beautiful' he thought to himself. Still frozen to the deck, lost in his very racy thoughts, he didn't realize she had moved to lean against the side of the pool right under him.

"I hope you don't mind, I forgot my suit at my house," she said with a smirk.

Stuttering Aidan replied, "No, well, it's ok, everyone swwwims naked sometimes."

"Are you getting in the pool or not?" Adele questioned with a tone that dripped with innocence.

"Yeah" Aidan sighed deeply and jumped into the water.

This was her chance and she knew it. She had to explain everything to him and leave him without an alternative in his decision. In other words, use her feminine charms and wiles to land the man she loved. She knew it was wrong to distract him with her nakedness, but it provided a perverse sense of protection as well as a weapon to use in her decision to openly express her feelings for him.

"So, are you, you know, still interested in giving us a shot?"

He nodded in reply, not trusting his voice.

"Good, because that's what I want too, but I need to tell you some stuff first...nothing completely horrible, but you deserve to know."

"Okay, go ahead," he replied.

Adele explained that she was terrified of having her heart broken again and simultaneously losing her best friend in one fell swoop. She went on to explain how confusing and hard it was to accept that she was willing to jeopardize their friendship for a relationship.

"But, . . . then I realized that with every relationship, there is a friendship. If the friendship isn't there then the relationship cannot exist and be sustained."

"You know I couldn't agree more," he whispered as he softly kissed the top of her head. "I've also seen a Venn diagram that shows what the perfect combination is when the friendship, love, and sex circles overlap; I know how much you love your charts and visual aids," he said with another teasing kiss.

Cute little giggles escaped her mouth as he pulled her naked body tight against his. Slow, passionate kisses brought their lips against each other's in a soft seductive dance.

"You are so beautiful, all naked and wet in the moonlight."

"Awe you're so sweet. If I were wearing pants, I'd say you just talked your way in to them," Adele cooed.

With a slight laugh, Aidan pulled Adele into his arms for a powerful kiss that left her dizzy and dependent on his body for stability. Wrapping her legs around his hips, she pressed herself against his extremely ridged erection while she peppered his face and neck with kisses.

"You need to get your trunks off now! I want you inside me please!" she cried frantically.

Adele loosened her legs and slid down Aidan's body until her feet touched bottom again. He practically ripped his shorts off of his body and grabbed her back against him. The loss of her heat on his body for those brief seconds seemed almost unbearable.

She wrapped her legs back around his body as his cock slid slowly into her body. The weightlessness of the water made every little movement more pronounced and even more intense.

"Oh god! Please, Go . . .Faster." Adele whined.

Quickly loosing herself to his thrusts and the sloshing water, Adele soared into her first orgasm. She felt dizzy again, as if she was going to pass out. Realizing that, Aidan slowed his pace and kissed her supple lips again. He would never tire of kissing her lips.

He kissed down her neck, while caressing her narrow waist. Aidan was getting drunk on coconuts and honeysuckle: the odd combination of aromas that caressed her skin. Adele was running her long fingernails up and down his back with just enough pressure to cause goose bumps to sprout over his flesh. He decided turn-about was fair play. Aidan slowed his movements to excruciatingly slow, while pushing Adele to float more on her back. Barely rocking his hips against her, he started gently stroking her wet nipples that were exposed to the night's air. Gasping, she tried to sit upright, but he wouldn't let her unless she made him pull out of her tight pussy. Pouting, she knew he was teasing her just because he could. She deserved it, she thought.

"Adele, I'm not going to last much longer if you keep squeezing me like that," his voice was full of strain.

Squeezing him again she said, "It's ok baby, just let go, send us both to the Promised Land."

With that, he grabbed her hips and started moving faster. The water crashed against their bodies, heightening the fast pace and, with a sharp cry, Adele came hard; her whole body shook and convulsed as the waves of the orgasm took control. Those strong muscles, that felt like they were trying to milk him, made him cum with one last thrust.

They were both shaking, grasping each other for strength. For the longest time, they remained silent. Neither dared to interrupt what they had just shared.

The sound of a door opening had them jumping apart. Adele lunged for one side of the pool and grabbed a piece of cloth that Aidan realized was a bathing suit top. She pulled it over her head just as Becky came down the steps. Thankfully the water, combined with the night hid their naked lower bodies.

"You guys are still in the pool?"

"Um..yeah. You know how we get to talking and lose track of time," said Adele after she realized Aidan was too shocked to speak.

"Yeah, I guess I know what you mean. You might want to think about getting out before you turn into prunes."

After the door closed again, both let out the breath they were holding and their laughter filled the air.

"That was a little close, you ready to get out?" Adele whispered.

"I thought you left your bathing suit at home," Aidan stated, eying her suspiciously.

"I lied," she replied with her usual urchin grin.

"You are in so much trouble," he mocked as he slapped her bare butt when she climbed out of the pool in front of him.

"Am I going to be punished?" Adele asked in a fake sarcastic tone with a little bit of hoping peeked through.

"Oh yes, most definitely you will be."

"What is my punishment?" she inquired.

"You will see," he answered and laughed in a fake maniacal tone.